• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Erevador

Oct 25, 2017
Setting looks like... an ugly wasteland. And looking at the church, it's probably a reuse of Hope County... but less pretty because its been bombed to hell.

The natural beauty was the best part of 3, 4, and 5.

I don't feel like we need another Mad Max setting. Not impressed.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, it's OK if this is a white dude, because white dudes are not tortured by women daily in real life. Women are.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't see a thread on this?

2Yt76Ue.jpg

Looks like RAGE 2 has some serious competition for 2019. If we're going with series tradition then these two are the main baddies.

Them looking back at the "camera" makes this cover go from great to lame.

Con_Smith

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes to everything. The cover, the outrage, and to my intrest in a Far Cry being high again.

Unless it's another fucking BR game :/

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Two things. Ubisoft and the post apocalyptic punk vibes.
Huh.
I'd say the last three titles having roughly the same plot and the likely reuse of the map from 5 is a pretty good tip off. I wonder which if the twins you have to escape from in the beginning and which at the end will explain how your actions essentially either made things worse or were pointless. Maybe they both will.
This could easily veer into Blood Dragon territory and be a completely different plot, even if the map is the same. The DLC for FC5 was very different from the main game too.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If this is post apocalyptic like people are speculating, I love it. I'm so tired of bland old brown barren wasteland, this is extremely refreshing.

ThePhoque

Jun 6, 2018
Novigrad
what a bummer. and here i thought we're getting a dark post apocalyptic game, not another Rage 2 ...
let's hope the reveal proves me wrong

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Far Cry 5 had a lot of issues for me. No voiced protagonist and the open-ended progression system really hurt the narrative. I'm going to assume no voiced protagonist again here.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Have to agree with the folks who think the cover's kind of lame, I actually dug Far Cry 5's "Last Supper"-esque boxart, was much more sinister and told you what you needed to know about the villain, like you'd just stumbled across a gathering. This one just kind of looks like two people posing for a picture.

"Oh, just before you shoot that dude, could you both look at the camera? Give me that brooding look! Fantastic!"

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
They targeted gamers.
Gamers.
We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.
We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.
We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.
Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.
Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?
These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a shitty head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.
Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.

We get it. Jesus Christ.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Each time a new Far Cry is announced, I'm just like well, not gonna play the current one, let's just wait for the new game. I haven't touched a FC since 3.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
what a bummer. and here i thought we're getting a dark post apocalyptic game, not another Rage 2 ...
let's hope the reveal proves me wrong

It's more of the mix really. We have the wacky weapons/outfits of RAGE2 and the not-so-wasted landscape of Fallout 76 (trees, flowers and blue sky).

I would have prefer a desert wasteland like in Mad Max, Rage 1&2 or New Vegas. It's weird cause in the teaser trailer they clearly showed lots of sand.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
I finished Far Cry 5 but I didn't really like it. I don't know. I didn't find it very fun I guess.

I was hopping for something darker when I read yesterday for a post-apocalyptic setting.

If it is the same map and probably have the same gameplay loop as in Far Cry 5 I will skip it.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I am sure the game is gonna look stunning but maaaan that's some ugly color for a cover, whats with the green + pink & purple combo? That's just....wrong.

You don't need to go to art school to know that green looks ugly with pink & purple. No matter what texture it is.

Last edited:

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Ugly cover, really not a fan of the "look at the camera" poses.

Tone seems all over the place, the teaser video looked far darker and more serious, this is bright and cheerful with a hot pink subtitle? The comparisons to Rage 2 are on point.

Looking forward to seeing gameplay, but I'm not so sure about this any more.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
I love far cry games but if I can't have 2 minutes of quiet without getting interrupted by a bunch of random events, I'll wait until its cheap. FC5 was great fun, but action was just coming down the road constantly.