• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Just in case, it's a copypasta.

Has nothing to do with that quote specifically. I just single yours out cause it was the largest and caught my eye. The whole 'gamer' thing is stupid as fuck and needs to die.

Like we get it, gamers are subhuman scum and deserve to die. It stopped being funny or clever a month ago and has now long since entered the 'annoying as fuck' category. It's spread to almost every thread on gaming side and it needs to stop.

Can we not just discuss the actual cover art without having a "Haha fucking GAMERS" quote every third post?

God damn. If there's any joke that needs to be left in 2018 it's this fucking one.

Brock2621

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Nooooo guys, please don't rush this game. The last one just came out, give your studios time to breath and put out something great. I don't want them to AC this property to death.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, y'all better prepare yourselves for the inevitable UbiSoft "this has nothing to do with politics" PR release.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saw the cover art and thought it looked ok. Saw this thread and some of the outrage, and it made me appreciate the cover even more.

I'm down for more Far Cry as 5 was addictive. If this comes out in Spring, it's 100% confirmed that Ubisoft just wants to dominate all my damn gaming time. I can't play anything else while I'm working on Odyssey, Far Cry, and the Division 2.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Has nothing to do with that quote specifically. I just single yours out cause it was the largest and caught my eye. The whole 'gamer' thing is stupid as fuck and needs to die.

Like we get it, gamers are subhuman scum and deserve to die. It stopped being funny or clever a month ago and has now long since entered the 'annoying as fuck' category. It's spread to almost every thread on gaming side and it needs to stop.

Can we not just discuss the actual cover art without having a "Haha fucking GAMERS" quote every third post?

God damn. If there's any joke that needs to be left in 2018 it's this fucking one.

Is this also copy pasta?

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Nooooo guys, please don't rush this game. The last one just came out, give your studios time to breath and put out something great. I don't want them to AC this property to death.

It's a spin off based on Far Cry 5's world, it's literally an expansion or a direct sequel to Far Cry 5, however you want to call it. It's basically just like Blood Dragon.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
For a place that got Nuked, it sure does look rather colorful... Mind you that it is probably best to hold back making judgment calls until after we see the trailer first to see the full extent just in case.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017

Why are you so upset that people who think like that reddit post get laughed at? Do you identify with being a gamer that much that it hurts you? lol

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe your ire should be directed towards the incredibly prevelant racism and sexism in the gaming community instead of people who poke fun at the type of person who'd see this cover and feel "targeted"

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Why are you so upset that people who think like that reddit post get laughed at? Do you identify with being a gamer that much that it hurts you? lol

I don't give a fuck about people who are like that. Make fun of them all you want, hell, ruin their lives if you want just quit shitting up every thread with this garbage. It's not funny anymore and adds absolutely nothing to productive conversation. I come to this site to debate video games and other things going on in the world, not shit on a group of people I don't know or care about. But please continue with the personal attacks you jackass

Rodderick

Oct 25, 2017
Also, y'all better prepare yourselves for the inevitable UbiSoft "this has nothing to do with politics" PR release.

I can't believe Ubisoft is so brazen as to pull the exact same stunt as Far Cry 5 not even a year after that debacle. Let's ostensibly market our game as if it has something to say about the current political landscape in order to generate discussion and controversy, and then not put any of that on the actual product while actively denying we were ever pretending to be political in the first place. It's incredible to see so many people taking the bait.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

E7CAqod.gif

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Maybe your ire should be directed towards the incredibly prevelant racism and sexism in the gaming community instead of people who poke fun at the type of person who'd see this cover and feel "targeted"

Why can't you make an exclusive thread then where we can direct every one to go to where they can shit on gamers all they want. Cause right now it's derailing and ruining almost every thread.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
I don't give a fuck about people who are like that. Make fun of them all you want, hell, ruin their lives if you want just quit shitting up every thread with this garbage. It's not funny anymore and adds absolutely nothing to productive conversation. I come to this site to debate video games and other things going on in the world, not shit on a group of people I don't know or care about. But please continue with the personal attacks you jackass
Lol I never attacked you personally? I just asked you if people making fun of that mindset hurts you, where's the attack? Or maybe you do heavily identify with being a gamer and merely asking the question was seen as an attack? In which case I apologize! lol

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Why can't you make an exclusive thread then where we can direct every one to go to where they can shit on gamers all they want. Cause right now it's derailing and ruining almost every thread.
Nah.

I missed the announcement? what is this game about?
Set after the ending of FC5, (even the church is the same)
DtwX18DVAAAE7lY.jpg

DtwX18EU0AAc-tU.jpg

For those that don't know how FC5 ended.
After fighting Joseph Seed and finally capturing him several nukes go off one after another, you and the other sheriffs head towards a nuclear shelter and crash along the way. Joseph drags you into the bunker, you wake up handcuffed. Joseph declares that he was right. The game makes you stare at him for an uncomfortable amount of time before it fades to black and the credits roll.
Note they spoil this throughout the entire game if you pay close attention to radio broadcasts and such.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
IMO, I don't think anyone on that cover is the playable character or the antagonist.

It could just be like Primal's cover. Only time they have the villain on the cover is for the 'main' games. This seems more like a spinoff.

But hoo boi... I can feel the internet discourse about this cover.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This has absolutely nothing to do with my post and doesn't even make sense. Are all video game players white in your eyes?
nope but it seems when we want to "stop" talking about gamers and shitty games it because a white person is being portrayed in a way people dislike, when minorities have been portrayed in every way possible throughout gaming history and it seemed people didnt have a problem with how we called gamers or called out those games. This is also coming from a white guy but can see the sensitive snowflake mentality.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
IMO, I don't think anyone on that cover is the playable character or the antagonist.

It could just be like Primal's cover. Only time they have the villain on the cover is for the 'main' games. This seems more like a spinoff.

Now that I think about it Blood Dragon and Primal both prominently featured the protagonist, so maybe it's a thing where the main games' covers focus on the antagonist while the spin-off games focus on the protagonist.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Two black female protagonists? Fuck yeah! I've honestly only played a couple Far Cry games but I might pay attention to this

catvonpee

Oct 29, 2017
I don't understand why people have to leak stuff on the same day it is going to be announced. Kind of takes all the fun and excitement out of it for me.