• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Lol I never attacked you personally? I just asked you if people making fun of that mindset hurts you, where's the attack? Or maybe you do heavily identify with being a gamer and merely asking the question was seen as an attack? In which case I apologize! lol

Dude quit being disingenuous. That was totally a personal attack and you know it. 'Gamer' on era is associated with racism, sexism etc. You may as well have said " You have a problem with shitposts on every thread? Hmmm... only a racist would have a problem with that!"

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
E7CAqod.gif

This is such a perfect image.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Was kinda hoping they'd go for something darker, this image gives off more of a Borderlands / RAGE vibe.

But with Fallout shitting the bed, I'm definitely interested in this. Always love post-apocalyptic open-worlds (though hopefully the story and writing is way, way better than FC 5).

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
cool. dow e know with this a SP only, MP only??? I really liked far cry 5. will be the same setting?

I guess we need to wait for later today..
Not sure yet, it seems more than likely that it will include co op of some sort though. Same setting more than likely but after a nuclear bomb has gone off. Maybe even fallout light, we'll find out soon!

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
Queue the faux anger at these two beautiful queens.

Curious if they're antagonists.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
nope but it seems when we want to "stop" talking about gamers and shitty games it because a white person is being portrayed in a way people dislike, when minorities have been portrayed in every way possible throughout gaming history and it seemed people didnt have a problem with how we called gamers or called out those games. This is also coming from a white guy but can see the sensitive snowflake mentality.

I don't have a problem with shitting on people who those on ERA would consider 'gamers'. I just want it to stay in threads where it's relevant. When gamers do something shitty and someone makes a thread about it then criticize and shit on them all you want.

What I do find annoying is people who throw it out as a drive by shitpost trying to get some laughs. It's become the new thing people do to get brownie points with the rest of ERA. Hence this thread. Has absolutely nothing to do with the uglier parts of the culture but stupid 'gamer' posts come flying through anyway. And it's become the norm in almost every thread nowadays. It's incredibly stupid and only serves to derail every thread it's in. That's what I'm pissed about.

For the record I think it's a great cover and the game looks interesting whether the black women are antagonists or the protagonists.

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Queue the faux anger at these two beautiful queens.

Curious if they're antagonists.
Look at all the other far cry covers. Usually you have the antagonist as the main person on the cover with the player either tied up or somehow incapacitated.
It looks like we'll be playing the dude on the car and the main antagonists will be the 2 ladies.
Sounds interesting, bring it on!

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Still set in Montana? Anyway, not interested since 90% of the game will have recycled content from the last 3-4 Far Cry games.

The backlash from a certain group of people against that cover is going to be fun to watch, though.

Oct 27, 2017
2 none white women who might be the protagonists? Ubisoft better be careful, as they seem to be making a political statement.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
Look at all the other far cry covers. Usually you have the antagonist as the main person on the cover with the player either tied up or somehow incapacitated.
It looks like we'll be playing the dude on the car and the main antagonists will be the 2 ladies.
Sounds interesting, bring it on!

Oh yeah - def, historically, they'd be antagonists.

I was thinking that with the current climate (real life shit), maybe Ubisoft switched it up.

Unlikely, I suppose.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
This game will probably be sloppy, but seeing two black women on a AAA cover makes me strangely emotional. I can't remember ever seeing this before.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
Far Cry 5 was one of the blandest games ive played in years and it felt like Ubisoft barely improved anything from the previous games but i do love me some post apocalypse settings so ill keep an eye on it. The cover is ok.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone's focused on the black women on the over and I'm trying to figure out that saw crossbow thing.

I'm here for the reactions though. Some of the hot takes in this thread already gave me the chuckles.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
I like the cover and that it will upset incels, but after Far Cry 5 I doubt the game will deliver on any insightful social commentary.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like they're on a 2 year schedule. FC3 - 2012, FC4 - 2014, FCP - 2016, FC5 - 2018, so looks like Far Cry New Dawn may be coming in 2020. Hope that's not the case since it looks like the same map.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like ubisoft are just masters of this with farcry.

Just drop a boxart with no real build up and watch people talk about the provoking imagery.

Happened with 4, 5 and now New Dawn

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope it will be closer to Blood Dragon than Far Cry 5. I liked the latter but it feels like it just came out, don't feel the need to play more of the same yet.

Deleted member 42686

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2018
The cover looks great but...I'm not sure about the weapons. I'm not a fan of crossbows, particullary avoid them most of times.