• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Oh wow. Ubisoft is getting another dose of free pr out of that one.

Love it.

giphy.gif
bait what? i was expecting something less colorful and more dark and gritty and that's all.
i have nothing against black female MC (or villain) or whatever you are thinking...

(sorry for my english)

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We'll see what the trailer brings.. my guess based on the image.. and remember with FC5 there was an initial cover "leak" (bet its intentional) and then a full spread where you got to see all the different people in the game. The initial cover was just the father and a couple people and the guy tied up.

So my guess.. sequel to FC5, the girls in question are part of an XXXTreme Dirt Bike crew who are doing a competition or some nonsense when the bombs go off (hence all the biker gear). There will be a whole crew of them (see the little biker clad guy in the background kicking a dude). They eventually form a little fiefdom and you have to take back Montana for whatever your faction is (maybe Monster truck dudes?).

Would guess they double down on the crazier aspects we saw in FC5. It just all screams "XXXXX TREEEMELY EXTREME".

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If those two are the protagonists, prepare for gamer rage. "SJW Propaganda down our throats again."
If those two are the antagonists, cue the "Tropes in media: Dark skinned villains" thread here soon.

Whatever the case, I'm happy two non-sexed-up black women are on a AAA game cover.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised to see all the spin-off/re-skin comments since this looks like a direct follow up to FC5's ending.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Protagonists(?) and the environment look really cool.

I don't like the look of their clothes or that weapon. Looks like Dead Rising 3/4 levels of tryhard goofiness. If they're going to go over the top with shit, then they should really go for it like they did with Blood Dragon.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Your memory is way off the mark. Roughly half, if not most, of the enemy mercs in the game were fair-skinned.

Fb6O7cP.png
Yeah I suppose it is. I just remember being in Africa and shooting a ton of black skinned ppl. Really put a bad taste in my mouth. Haven't played a far cry game since

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is that the antagonist of FC5 tied up? I can't quite tell.

Either way, why would Ubisoft ever want to revisit that mind-numbingly awful story?

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Pretty cool cover but I wonder if that's gonna be the most talked about thing when the games story is revealed to be a dumpster fire like 5.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wasn't a huge fan of 5 for many reasons, even if the base gameplay is still fun. Hope this doesn't have any 'randomly freeze the game to whisk you off to a story beat' crap that FC5 had. Post-apocalypse should be a great setting for a weird goofy Far Cry game.

I wish they'd make a Far Cry game with randomly re-generating camps to take over. I understand they would have static locations on the map but I mean a more organic way of the enemies retaking them over time, rather than just resetting them all once you clear them.

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Excited by the post-apocalyptic angle that was teased, not so excited by it seemingly looking like it's reusing the Far Cry 5 assets/map

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean what are we describing as stupid here? Because far cry 3 is a game where you play basically a super-powered white college kid who gets magical tattoos.
The entire point of Far Cry 3 is that Jason does not in fact have magical powers and is being haplessly exploited as off his face on drugs cannon fodder by a group who are not in fact the oppressed native population.

All Far Cry games since 2 and excluding Primal have been ruses. They pretend to be one thing while being something else entirely. Far Cry 5 moreso because it pretends to be a game about liberating Montana from a cult, when it's really a twisted adaptation of the Book of Revelation. A book where Jesus opens the seven seals and the world gets annihilated by fire and such. The game knows a lot of its audience isn't hugely well read, so it taunts them with glaringly obvious foreshadowing as characters accuse the player of being ignorant. Savvier players recognise the symbolism. Less savvy ones get a rude shock. Far Cry 4 was the same. The game's true meaning was there all along. But Ubi knew a lot of players are conditioned wih a "dictator bad, rebel good" mindset that is dangerously naive in this context.

As far as writing goes, Far Cry games have always been sly. They're not "stupid". Unless we count Blood Dragon which was dumb on purpose.

I'm curious what narrative direction New Dawn will take.

Deleted member 8777

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That cover is gonna stir up a shitstorm from dorks looking to be offended. I hope the game isn't just a cheap cash grab.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Should I play Far Cry 5? I've only every briefly played 2, but I'm intrigued by this

Out 1

Oct 25, 2017
This awesome cover makes me more excited for another FC game than anything in Far Cry 5.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I love my vidya games but I'm finding it hard to summon any enthusiasm for this so soon after 5.I'll play it eventually as I've enjoyed all the Far Cry games.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
If those two are the protagonists, prepare for gamer rage.
"SJW Propaganda down our throats again."

If those two are the antagonists, cue the "Tropes in media: Dark skinned villains" thread here soon.

Whatever the case, I'm happy two non-sexed-up black women are on a AAA game cover.
"I can't play this game because I can't identify with the two leads!"

*goes back to playing as Kratos in God of War*

Oct 27, 2017
I heard a lot of Alt-Reich people complaining before I even saw the cover. Hope the trailer leaves them all a whiny mess.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I heard a lot of Alt-Reich people complaining before I even saw the cover. Hope the trailer leaves them all a whiny mess.
The Ubisoft forumes had dozens of "evangelical conservatives" bitching when the game was revealed. Funny, its those folks that looooove to make fun of lefties for outrage. It was always fuckig projection.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Ubisoft forumes had dozens of "evangelical conservatives" bitching when the game was revealed. Funny, its those folks that looooove to make fun of lefties for outrage. It was always fuckig projection.

I do remember all the hand wringing and complaining that went on when the cover for 4 was reveled.. and everyone complained how the "white guy" was subjugating the native. That thread went places!