• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Read this post in the "games with awful humour" thread the other day and it stuck with me:

Seems like a reoccurring issue. Really fuckin gross.
I bought 5 last week and already stopped playing because it's boring the tits off me but yeah reading this, I won't be buying another Far Cry again if this is what they think is good.

Dec 19, 2018
User Warned: Needlessly Antagonistic.
Dont play the game. If you cant bring yourself turning pixels into various RGB colors, then perhaps you are not mentally fit to play FPS games. Try checking what PETA does to strays - in real life. Or perhaps dont, you might not be able to sleep.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel ucomfortable playing violent videogames yes. I usually dont play any game were the goal is shooting human or harm animals.

I know is a videogame. Are you really arguing that? I don't have the option to ignore gore movies because they are disgusting?

If you played Yakuza without shooting Humans or Tigers I have to wonder how you did it.

Necrocorpse

Nov 17, 2018
London, UK
I kind of understand OP, sometimes going through times when there's excessive violence everywhere. It's there when you turn on the news and it's happening in every game. There's a saturation point to everything (that's why I love Nintendo, those games are perfect stress relief in innocent fashion) and then it's time to take a break. Sometimes it can be cathartic as well. Ying/yang and all that.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of specieism in this thread. Violence against any sentient being is bad. Worst if that being isn't in a conflict because he/they want.

Fuck Ubi

Fuck Ubi for having animals in a game? Yeesh! Just ignore the game if you don't like it and move on with your life. No need to insult anyone whether they made it or are enjoying it.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you played Yakuza without shooting Humans or Tigers I have to wonder how you did it.

You mean the series where the player kills nobody? Are you aware Kiryu ethics?

I'm not against some punches you know!

Fuck Ubi for having animals in a game? Yeesh! Just ignore the game if you don't like it and move on with your life. No need to insult anyone whether they made it or are enjoying it.

Fuck Ubi because animal violence and violence in general yeah, why not? You can enjoy what you want. My opinion don't take anything from you. And I ignore almost everything Ubi so you can sleep calm tonight. I was just interested in this topic.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
So how do people feel about red dead then?

The only hunting I did were in the tutorials. The only time I chose to kill animals was in self defence. Same goes for Far Cry and other games. I leave animals alone if I can help it. I have no desire to kill innocents in games, be they animal or human.

Other people can knock themselves out, no judgement from me.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You mean the series where the player kills nobody? Are you aware Kiryu ethics?

I'm not against some punches you know!

I've played Yakuza 0-5 to completion. All of the millions of people Kiryu massacred would be dead in reality, and its only because the game says they're not dead that they're "alive". I also guess you never hunted in Y5. If Far Cry simply winked at the audience and said everyone was alive it would be the same thing.

Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand people that care more about animals than humans. They trigger and annoy me. I don't condone abuse, but it's a game. Just like humans are being killed by the hundreds in games.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've played Yakuza 0-5 to completion. All of the millions of people Kiryu massacred would be dead in reality, and its only because the game says they're not dead that they're "alive". I also guess you never hunted in Y5. If Far Cry simply winked at the audience and said everyone was alive it would be the same thing.
Yakuza 5 is the only main Yakuza game I didn't finish. I didnt do the hunting part.

I don't thing something like a Modern Warfare game, Far Cry series or even Uncharted games do violence in the same way Yakuza does. But you can believe what you want.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Do people really think killing armed combatants who are shooting you on sight is the same as kicking/beating dogs and strapping suicide vests to them?

Yep.

But I get it, people play games for all sorts of reasons, some people need context to play certain games or perform certain actions in games and some people just want to escape and shoot shit for a few hours.

Neither is wrong, sometimes I need a good reason to murder, sometimes I just wanna play Doom. Don't be judgemental of others because they're ok with shooting video game animals. Sometimes we bring over our own thoughts, feelings and beliefs into games and sometimes we don't.

Embedded

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's over the line.
It's a violent shooter where you kill people with saws. Strapping explosives on dogs is as troubling as everything else in the game (violence related, don't know if anything racial exists in the game).

Saying that ubisoft hates dogs because of New Dawn is kinda foolish...
Does Nintendo hate turtles?

Dec 19, 2018
Oh wow, the mods are off the chain here. I can not for the life of me understand people who complain about pixels. Jesus christ, good luck catering to snowflakes.

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I feel bad. I killed a wolf in FF12 by blasting it with fire, I should uninstall the game and boycott Square-Enix.