• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Pigeon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
germany-politics-afd.jpg

A politician in the far-right Alternative for Germany (AfD), known for its anti-Muslim rhetoric, has resigned from its board and converted to Islam, the party said on Wednesday.

But while Arthur Wagner quit his AfD leadership post in the eastern state of Brandenburg, he remained a member of the party, which says Islam is incompatible with Germany's constitution, and wants a ban on minarets and the face-covering burqa.

The AfD became Germany's third largest party in parliament after last September's general election.

Earlier this month, an AfD lawmaker caused a furor after accusing police of "appeasing the barbaric, Muslim, rapist hordes of men" by tweeting in Arabic.

"Mr. Wagner could also choose another religion," Daniel Friese, a spokesperson of the party, told Berliner Zeitung, noting that Wagner had resigned from the board two weeks ago.

"Mr. Wagner resigned on Jan. 11 from the state board on his own volition. Only afterwards was it known that he had converted to Islam," Friese told Reuters.

source

It's an intresting trend, one of the director of Fitna, the famouse islamophobic movie from Geert Wilder (Holland) also converted in Islam in 2013. Another promising junior member of the french Front National converted to Islam not so long time ago.

islamophobes, send pm if you want to convert np

Last edited:

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Technically Muslims were the original trappers

The middle east was the OG trap

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) escaped the bando

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They realized that they actually like a lot of the stuff in the extremist islam sects like how women, homosexual, etc are treated.

Oct 25, 2017
My entire personal life experience with Islam was very culturally conservative so that doesn't surprise me. Most of the Muslims I know (including my own family) would probably vote conservative if the right didn't actively demonize all of us. It is kind of funny to see this though.

OP
OP
Golden_Pigeon

Golden_Pigeon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My entire personal life experience with Islam was very culturally conservative so that doesn't surprise me. Most of the Muslims I know (including my own family) would probably vote conservative if the right didn't actively demonize all of us. It is kind of funny to see this though.

The AfD is mainly anti-muslim so you're point is irrelevant. The main story is that someone who used to fight against migrants and muslim presence in germany, now embraced Islam.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
These are really short sighted posts y'all
I mean not all sects of Islam are super conservative obviously, but I have a hard time imagining this type of person ever considering any of the less extreme sects. It's not like a gay hating politician comes out as gay because unlike homosexuality, religion is a purely belief based construct and has no real biological link whatsoever.

Oct 28, 2017
And how do we measure how many leave Islam considering that its a death sentence in many Muslim countries, if not cause for immediate ostracisation from family and friends? This is why stories such as this -- of critics of Islam converting to the faith -- have little weight. It does nothing to temper the criticisms of its intolerance, especially to that of freedom of religion.

Oct 28, 2017
So Hitler trying to rally muslim population against the allieds forces (who where occupying them) is supposed to show some link between Islam and nazism ?

Are you Pamela Geller ?
Well why does Soral and dieudonne Allied in France?
There is a clear overlapping of right wind radical seeing Islam as untainted by weakling liberalism.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere the article pointed out that he convert to an extremist islamic group.

Are you serious mod ?

If a neo-nazi would convert to judaism, we would have those kind of lame comments ?
AFD has far, far more issues than just being anti-Muslim. They're anti-semitic, racist, and anti-women. Merely changing your religion is not evidence that you're not still possessing really horrible beliefs, and the onus is on this guy to show that.

mrtl

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Strange how homosexuality is seen differently by right-wing politicians in varying countries. Dutch PVV is pro-gay marriage as opposed to the AfD because it's "part of our values".

OP
OP
Golden_Pigeon

Golden_Pigeon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AFD has far, far more issues than just being anti-Muslim. They're anti-semitic, racist, and anti-women. Merely changing your religion is not evidence that you're not still possessing really horrible beliefs, and the onus is on this guy to show that.

He left the political party. Nothing show that he joined a misogenystic group within Islam, so you're comment still lame.

snail_maze

Oct 27, 2017
Not the first time it happens with the far right. My money is him trading one extreme for another, I seriously doubt he simply found faith and is a moderate of any kind

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He left the political party. Nothing show that he joined a misogenystic group within Islam, so you're comment still lame.
I mean of course he left the party given that they're stance is anti muslim if he converted. I don't see a reason to believe the guy suddenly became super liberal from this, especially since I think if it had merely been a change in values, I don't see why he would feel the need to convert at all. He could've just left the party and said their stance on muslims was wrong without converting, so either he converted because he specifically believes in some sect of islamic beliefs, or because he has some other angle that he feels he can draw some benefit from such an act.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
And how do we measure how many leave Islam considering that its a death sentence in many Muslim countries, if not cause for immediate ostracisation from family and friends? This is why stories such as this -- of critics of Islam converting to the faith -- have little weight. It does nothing to temper the criticisms of its intolerance, especially to that of freedom of religion.
Thats amazingly off topic.

And that is saying something for this thread.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If he converted to Christianity or Judaism I'd be saying the same thing. It has nothing to do with Islam specifically and everything to do w/ virtually all Abrahamic western religions having conservative sects w/ extreme viewpoints on these issues.

OP
OP
Golden_Pigeon

Golden_Pigeon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean of course he left the party given that they're stance is anti muslim if he converted. I don't see a reason to believe the guy suddenly became super liberal from this, especially since I think if it had merely been a change in values, I don't see why he would feel the need to convert at all. He could've just left the party and said their stance on muslims was wrong without converting, so either he converted because he specifically believes in some sect of islamic beliefs, or because he has some other angle that he feels he can draw some benefit from such an act.

Who said he became super liberal ? Nobody said he adopted an extremist group within Islam also. I guess coming from a racist, islamophobic political party to accept a brown man from Arabia, sharing prayer side by side by all kind of "undermenscht" on a weekly basis does indicate a radical change of outlook though.

But yeah keep on with the islamophobic comments, it's great.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Curious to see what he does from here on out.

I can't imagine the Muslim community in his part of Germany being very receptive, given how much vitriol this dude and his party have directed at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.