• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017

If people stopped playing your game, maybe the issue is with how boring your game is?

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I've seen more games do that, it's the same as "please, we miss you!' This is just in character with one of the characters of that game.

They shouldn't spam you with e-mails though, even when you're actually playing.

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
privacy policy aside this is no different to an abandoned basket email on an Ecomm site, just looks like a bit of fun and in keeping with the game and its "secret" ending

OnChill

Dec 7, 2017
User Warned: Antagonizing Fellow Members; Please Avoid Using the Term Triggered, it has Ableist Conotations.
I find it funny. People nowadays getting triggerd about everything

Najaf

Oct 26, 2017
Houston, TX
Umm, people only get those if you are signed up for ubisoft promotional email content. Just unsubscribe. I don't see this as any different than duolingo emails.

trajon

Dec 5, 2017
Honestly, I think this is kind of hilarious. 😂

In a totally inappropriate, I can't believe they had the balls to do this/think it's a good idea kind of way lol.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Funny, I said "Surely you can do better than this" after playing the game for 3 hours too!

Sylvestre

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
I think it's kind of funny, but I doubt anyone will go back to the mail because of this, weird strategy haha

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
I think it's kind of cool and clever. It's just an email for pete's sake.
I sort of agree with you, but I (and everyone else on planet earth) already get so many "hassle" emails that I can't help but think this idea is 15 years too late, and as a result is more obnoxious than anything.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
205-2055763_angry-crying-face-meme-holding-back-tears-meme.png

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, this is fine. This fits with their marketing all along of taunting the player. At worst it's just another email to delete, not a big deal, and actually kind of clever.

It's actually interesting to see a game "remind" a player to come back with a character from it- we know that even really good games have a huge drop off and low completion rates so I'm sure they're taking notes as to if this moves the needle at all on re-engagement.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
This is no different from the other "spam" mails when you sign up to newsletters.

Twitter outrage is pathetic.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
If you check the thread, they are seemingly doing this both to "reactivate" but also to retain active players as they also send "progress updates" like it's a fucking Duolingo course.

Not excusing it, but I feel like Ubisoft needs less news like this right about now.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta be honest, I cracked up looking at this, and this is coming from someone who OFTEN quits games.

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Not the first time a game does something like this.

I distinctively remember the Quit Game prompt for MechWarrior 2 on PC having the exit button labeled as "Choose cowardice" or similar. Thought it was really in poor taste.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Actually find that pretty funny. Would still unsub.

Got Danny

Nov 8, 2017
Is it a no-reply email?
Because it would be funny if ppl could respond saying the didnt like the game, etc.
Either this is not a big deal, but i suspect era will make it a big deal

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
i cant imagine anyone genuinely getting upset at this - its funny. fits the context of the game perfectly. they send progression emails for all their games btw, got several for valhalla and odyssey before.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Far Cry does a lot of dumb shit (see: cock fighting) but this is kinda hilarious lol. The message, of course. If I were getting spammed by that every day then I'm blocking your ass.