• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
https://www.axios.com/farmer-bankru...est-f85721f6-4478-4e5b-b49d-7df88010d7cc.html
U.S. farmers in the Midwest are filing for bankruptcy at levels the U.S. hasn't seen for approximately a decade, the Wall Street Journal reports.

What's happening: Low commodity prices have been gouging U.S. farmers' bottom lines for years now, exacerbated by increasing agricultural competition from Russia and Brazil. President Trump's trade disputes, meanwhile, are adding salt to the wounds, as tariffs drive down prices and decrease profit for farmers.

Between the lines: Chapter 12 bankruptcy filings are still below the highs of 2010 when looking at nationwide numbers. But the Midwest is hurting, and even though the Trump administration has been rolling out federal government relief for farmers to make up for tariff damage, lawmakers from both sides of the aisle fear it is only a short-term, partial solution.

Oct 25, 2017
C7t_rsyWsAEPqJe.jpg

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Oprah shrug gif

Sucks for their non shitbag kids and people who voted for Dems in 2016.

Here's your stupid prize for the rest.

dragonchild

Oct 26, 2017
What? They got what they voted for. Bootstrap it you lazy slobs, like the way you keep telling us to do.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
world's smallest violin over here
Not all of them voted for Trump, and not all of it is due to the tariffs.
I personally also don't think that every single person who voted Trump should be economically ruined, but I'm gonna guess that this is not a point I'm gonna get you to agree with.
But like, surely there is someone there who voted for Hillary, you don't feel bad for them?