• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Farming Simulator 19 sells one million copies worldwide in just 10 days
Farm Like Never Before - Sales Like Never Before
Farming Simulator 19, developed by GIANTS Software, has once again confirmed its status as a videogame phenomenon by selling more than one million copies worldwide across digital and retail, only 10 days after the release of the game. Despite a release period shared with multiple blockbuster releases, Farming Simulator has ranked at the top of the software charts in the US, UK, France, Germany, and more. With the ever-increasing quality of the game, a graphical overhaul, new gameplay possibilities, and the addition of John Deere to the roster of vehicles, the franchise has hit new heights in bringing the most complete farming experience ever to a huge audience of both long-time fans and new players.

"It's incredible to see the impact of the team's hard work. Farming Simulator 19 offers so many new opportunities and our players are thrilled about them. Never before has a Farming Simulator game reached the one million mark so quickly and we are proud and happy that so many players join us on this amazing journey." said Christian Amman, CEO of GIANTS Software.

"We're extremely proud to support GIANTS Software on the development of the Farming Simulator franchise. Farming Simulator 19 is simply exceptional, and the sales match that. Giants have demonstrated once more the incredible talent of their studio to always reach a larger number of players. This also confirms the know-how of the Focus Home Interactive teams in bringing franchises to new and bigger audiences, reinforcing the fantastic work done by the studio for each new game." said John Bert, COO of Focus Home Interactive.

Last edited:

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bought it for my dad. He loves it. Not as much as Destiny 2 but he loves it.

necrolysis

Prophet of Truth
Jul 25, 2018
I bought Farming Simulator 17 (i think it was 17,anyways) at one point on steam at the request of my 7-year old. he played it nonstop for 2 months or so before he got minecraft lol.

He asked for it for ps4 this year for Christmas, so I'm guessing it's good!

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
So THIS is where Focus Home gets their money.

Plus smart budgeting and sales forecasting

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome news! Farm Sim is such a hidden gem.

I was just playing this game last night. I'm loving the new features such as building your own farm, purchasing sections of the map vs. single fields, machine/equipment repair and more.

Also noticed that GIANTS is already providing free new content in the in-game mod downloader. Tons of vehicles from past games and even stuff that was paid DLC in FS17 (South American map, Big Bud vehicles, etc.).

Bravo, GIANTS!

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I'd ever buy it myself, but I've been watching a group stream it the past couple of weeks and it's real relaxing to watch.

Glad to see a Focus game doing particularly well too, as they greenlight some interesting stuff.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Farm Sim much like ETS2 is just Zen as hell.

The kicker that really pushes it over the edge for me is the custom radio stations.

I've edited in several web streams from my favorite genres (classic jazz, d&b, 80's new-wave & metal, etc.). Along with the relaxing gameplay loop, it just puts me in the zone unlike most anything else I play.

Killer unwind material.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
The real killer app

(LOL in reality I find this genre hilarious. Reading the back of the box about "drive the newest farm equipment! and such).

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
The real killer app

(LOL in reality I find this genre hilarious. Reading the back of the box about "drive the newest farm equipment! and such).

Ehh...it's a nice juxtapose to all the shooty-shooty, bang-bang teen power fantasy games you see advertised on TV.

Sports great business management systems as well.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Never thought that that series would go big. For me it was just a "lol, look how bad this is" kind of thing.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I bought Farming Simulator 17 (i think it was 17,anyways) at one point on steam at the request of my 7-year old. he played it nonstop for 2 months or so before he got minecraft lol.

He asked for it for ps4 this year for Christmas, so I'm guessing it's good!

Wait, it's kid friendly?
I mean, as in appealing to kids?

I'll have to check this out. Looking for kid friendly PS4 games for my kids to get them into console gaming.

I always thought it was a hardcore farming sim based on the name.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still playing FS15 because I'm a cheap bastard and I'm getting bored of it. I'll look up the trailer of what changed in FS19.

Veidt

Oct 27, 2017
Never thought that that series would go big. For me it was just a "lol, look how bad this is" kind of thing.

The series has been big for quite some time. Farming Simulator 15 sold 3M copies in the first 2 years and Farming Simulator 17 sold over a million in less than a month. Farming Simulator 19 is now the fastest selling title in the series and will likely become the best selling entry as well.

They're not bad games either. The press has mostly ignored them but user reviews have usually been really positive (Steam user reviews are 90% and 91% for FS15 and FS17, respectively).

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
The series has been big for quite some time. Farming Simulator 15 sold 3M copies in the first 2 years and Farming Simulator 17 sold over a million in less than a month. Farming Simulator 19 is now the fastest selling title in the series and will likely become the best selling entry as well.

They're not bad games either. The press has mostly ignored them but user reviews have usually been really positive (Steam user reviews are 90% and 91% for FS15 and FS17, respectively).

The press ignores anything popular on pc unless it crosses over to console land.

EkStatiC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
I would love to see some market research on the resasons people play this series.
It is because the game remind their childhood at the village, a much simple life in contrast with the modern stress. Everything i don't know...

ps. i believe the games are good and often great and worth playing but i find fascinating the reason behind playing them.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I guess the relaxing pace of these games compared to blockbuster titles is a huge part of this series appeal. Well done to the team!

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Obligatory:
ea3.jpg

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
When the game was constantly at the #1 spot on Steam Top Sellers list at full price during the majority of the autumn sale, I knew it would sell big numbers.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Well, some German pages actually reviewed it, even big ones.

I really enjoy it, but that might be because I'm German and no, I did not grow up on a farm ;)

It's just, sometimes after work I don't like to get "stressed" by playing BF5 or PUBG with friends, rather I play coop with them in Farming Sim 19. I don't play it that much, but from time to time I really enjoy it. You can talk about the day, listen to radio stations or podcasts (which is what I'm doing when I'm playing ETS 2 ^^) and still enjoy the game. The community is awesome in both games, especially when it comes to modding, that might of course be different for the console version of Farming Sim.