• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
http:///Fhmd.png

The fascism fragrance, according to far-right candidate Ayelet Shaked, 'smells like democracy' .

In a black-and-white clip with soaring piano music, Shaked puts on jewellery, stands besides a painting, and walks down stairs in slow motion before spraying herself with the Fascism perfume, while a narrator whispers the phrases "judicial reform", "separation of powers", "governance", and "restraining the Supreme Court".

Shaked then tells the viewers: "It smells like democracy to me." As she walks away from the camera at the end of the 44-second clip, the ad declares: "The next revolution is coming."

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Deplorable fucking piece of animal shit, they're not even trying to be subtle at this point. Fuck the United States to hell and back for having enabled, empowered, and emboldened these bunch of fascists.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is all of this bat shit insane political stuff just baby boomers going old and senile? Or is it them discovering memes on Facebook?

Why is everything so stupid all of a sudden?

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
c65.jpg

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Is this ... satire?

... walks down stairs in slow motion before spraying herself with the Fascism perfume, while a narrator whispers the phrases "judicial reform", "separation of powers", "governance", and "restraining the Supreme Court". Shaked then tells the viewers: "It smells like democracy to me."

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to need some red text in the OP that says "MUST NOT COMPARE". Because it's hard not to make the obvious comparison.

Fucking despicable.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
Is all of this bat shit insane political stuff just baby boomers going old and senile?
Ayelet Shaked isn't a boomer though. She's a Gen Xer on the cusp of being a millennial.

The best theory I've heard for the rise of this sort of thing is that conservatives have finally started taking global warming seriously and decided they can only survive in isolated ethnostates.

When the Left tackles climate change, it wants to "save the planet"—but apparently for someone else's babies. The population explosion in the global south combined with climate change and liberal attitudes towards migration are the single greatest external threat to Western civilization—more serious than Islamic terrorism or Hispanic illegal immigration.
https://www.amren.com/news/2017/09/climate-change-mass-immigration-green-identity-politics/

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't this the human garbage who said Arab women need to be killed because they breed terrorists?

"They are all enemy combatants, and their blood shall be on all their heads. Now this also includes the mothers of the martyrs, who send them to hell with flowers and kisses. They should follow their sons, nothing would be more just. They should go, as should the physical homes in which they raised the snakes. Otherwise, more little snakes will be raised there." - Ayelet Shaked

anamika

May 18, 2018
"They are all enemy combatants, and their blood shall be on all their heads. Now this also includes the mothers of the martyrs, who send them to hell with flowers and kisses. They should follow their sons, nothing would be more just. They should go, as should the physical homes in which they raised the snakes. Otherwise, more little snakes will be raised there." - Ayelet Shaked

Advocating for the murder of mothers. And she is the elected Justice minister of Israel.

As bad as the Australian senator - but there will be no widespread criticism of this lady from the liberals.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I just found it:
https://www.haaretz.com/amp/.premium-what-does-ayelet-shaked-really-think-about-arabs-1.5360885

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand.
Are they admitting they are fascists? Are they trying to make fun of people who say they are?
What message are they trying to say?

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand.
Are they admitting they are fascists? Are they trying to make fun of people who say they are?
I think the message she is trying to say here is that it is okay to be fascist because it helps Israel stay as a democracy or some shit.

Basically normalizing fascism.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand.
They know nothing will be done about it because people don't care.
Left or Right, as far as Israel is concerned it can do no wrong.
And when someone steps to the plate and tells the truth, well...we saw what happens...

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wait what, they're actually trying to normalise fachism through pseudo satire?

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Their so fucking emboldened by the world powers support that they will gladly flaunt this.
This is a fucking justice minister.

Your politicians kiss these peoples boots.

Oct 25, 2017
On second thought this shouldn't be even remotely shocking.
They've been emboldened, legitimised and they will attain their goal of eliminating Palestine.

Deleted member 21012

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think the people that created it managed either.

They did. It is a jab to those who accuse her of being a fascist, when she is presenting measures that are not fascist at all - ofc, underneath them there is a project of a defangled Supreme Court that wouldn't be able to curb excesses and ultranationalist measures taken by her coalition.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
She's saying that everyone accuses her of being fascist, but it smells like Democracy to her. In short, they are mocking people who call the party and her fascist, by suggesting their actions are simply popular democratic reforms. It's an attempt to refute the increasing calls of fascism, while simultaneously mocking those concerned.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's charismatic.
Highly accomplished.
A computer engineer.
Stunningly attractive.
"Secular"
Dedicated and focused.

Absolutely terrifying. She's going to be Prime Minister within a decade or two.

OP
OP
mario_O

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
I don't understand.

Shaked's campaign promises to stand against the Israeli Supreme Court, with the campaign motto: "Shaked will defeat the High Court of Justice"
Members of her party have accused the 15-member Supreme Court of restricting the ability of Israeli soldiers to "defeat terror".
They are mocking the Lefts fears that her party is seeking to undermine Israel's judiciary in favour of the right-wing dominated legislature. So that's the ad: "Fascism, It smells like democracy to me."

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus fuck I thought the thread title was just a joke, but it's actually called it fascism?!?!

Congrats world we've got to the point where fascism is used for aspirational marketing...