• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 1, 2017
Made by the same developer

070841.jpg

So wtf happened? Did their entire budget went to actors?

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I'm always happy to see a new arcade racer announced, but this isn't what I'm looking for.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Um, I honestly felt like I was looking at a last gen game in most regards. In almost every way. Weird.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Maybe it will be fun but I rather of had the fast 9 trailer drop. Real life vin looking good though. Maybe he's finally going to shoot riddick 4.

deroli

Nov 5, 2017
Germany
I don't seem what looks "terrible" about this. It looked like the movie brought to a video game. It looked fun. Visually it was great.
What's wrong with you people

Yeah I don't understand the backlash either. People complaining how there are so few arcade racers this gen and that the genre has been to reduced to a couple of iterative AAA franchises. Then there is this game that offers something different and pretty much all the reactions focus on bad facial animations or character models. Wtf? If the gameplay is shit, I could understand the complains but there hasn't been shown anything that indicates that.
You people deserve to play Forza 12 which *finally* simulates the deformation of the driver's seat's cushion while cornering at high speeds. Only visible in photo mode of course but OMG look at the attention to detail!

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Yeah I don't understand the backlash either. People complaining how there are so few arcade racers this gen and that the genre has been to reduced to a couple of iterative AAA franchises. Then there is this game that offers something different and pretty much all the reactions focus on bad facial animations or character models. Wtf? If the gameplay is shit, I could understand the complains but there hasn't been shown anything that indicates that.
You people deserve to play Forza 12 which *finally* simulates the deformation of the driver's seat's cushion while cornering at high speeds. Only visible in photo mode of course but OMG look at the attention to detail!
Look at those explosions and tell me if you have never seen better ones on a PS3 (or even a PS2)... it is a trailer, noone will judge the gameplay. That is what previews are for.

The idea of the game is great even though the trailer left a bad first impression graphically.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I seriously thought it was going to say "coming to iOS and Android" at the end of the trailer because the visuals were so bad.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I'd generally be down for a cheesy FnF game starring Vin Diesel, but this is just weirdly rough. :/

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The trailer isn't too convincing, but hopefully this game will shape up. I'm always up for more driving action games. More Wheelmen and Drivers please.

Last edited:

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At least, fans of the 3DS version of Fast & Furious: Showdown will be pleased with the enhanced animations.

fast-and-furious-show-down-3ds1.jpg

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if they were contractually obligated to release with fast 9, it's only been 2 years since project cars 2.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
"All in game Engine footage"

damn theyre really pushing the ps2 to its limit

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

You know you could hype up this game without attempting to downplay a racing game series that is always well reviewed and received?

The backlash is due to the visuals on display. For a late gen game, it looks really subpar. Especially if this lands at $60 as I'd expect.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
still can't believe they ended that awards show on this announcement lmao

SprachBrooks

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't wait for the reviews of this game already lol. It looks so bad; what an odd event in which to announce it as well. Maximum exposure — but definitely the wrong type of exposure.

Deleted member 35204

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Are you sure this is not releasing for X360 and PS3? because that trailer looks straight up from those consoles.

21VcdP8.png

Her face is tired

Last edited:

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
It looked rough and it was a letdown as an ending to TGA's but I trust SMS to make a quality game, so I'll hold on writing it off until we see more. On another note, whatever happened to their Mad Box console? Haven't seen any news about it in a while.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Jesus christ, Keighley, I hope the money was worth it.
The constant ads were obnoxious enough but ending the entire show with that thing ?

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
It sucks, this is why developers are scared to make AA games these days. When one does so they get totally slammed for not spending $10+ million on its graphics, even when it's a well-known developer with a great reputation. So instead of lots of great games with great gameplay and publishers willing to experiment and take risks, we only get a few AAA games that cost so much money the developers just play it safe, as well as adding post-sale monetization.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018
The name Series X and this were amongst the most confusing things at TGA. While the potential for solid gameplay is there thanks to the devs this instantly reminded me of NFS: The run.
I would like to see gameplay.

If this is something like Stuntman I WILL PLAY THE HELL OUT OF IT.
This looks a lot more 'over the top' than Stuntman. SM actually had a cool and unique concept for its time.

Last edited: