• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
Strawberry Shake from Del Taco.

Unlike nearly every fast food restaurant on the planet, they don't just add some flavored syrup to some ice cream.

Del Taco takes a cup with real strawberry compote. They fill it with ice cream then blend it all.

You're left with a cup of delicious ice cream with real strawberry finely chopped up throughout.

Thoroughly legit fast food shake and my absolute top vote outside of obvious places like Dairy Queen.

If you have Del Taco in your area and never had their strawberry shake, give it a shot.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
1. Steak n Shake
2. Cookout
3. Chick-Fil-A
4. I won't fuck with anything unless it's the above.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Chick-fil-a's cookies and cream shake is delicious, but it's a bit too thick so I normally just eat it with a spoon.

McDonald's strawberry shakes are killer.

Steak and Shake USED to have great shakes. They kinda suck now and tastes like they're made with chunky ass ice milk.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
I had Portillo's for the first time in my life about two weeks ago.

Hands down the best milkshake I've had from a fast food place (or "fast casual", whatever you want to call it).

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
Not enough Culver's love. Although I could see someone making the case that a concrete doesn't count. Does a DQ Blizzard count?

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does Portillo's count as fast food? I like their chocolate cake shake

I love Portillo's food but that chocolate cake shake is just too fucking much. It's a novelty that's fun to experience once, but it's 10 times thicker / heavier / richer than a shake should be for having on a regular basis.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Cookout.

shakes.jpg

You can even mix flavors!

Cook Out is one of those things I see online from people who live in places that have them, but every time I see anythnabout Cook Out it looks fucking nuts.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
I think arbys gets my vote. I hate those clear plastic cups that they've cribbed from McDonald's though.

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Potbellys has a fantastic Coffee shake. Was a big surprise first time I had it. Worth going there just for the shakes really.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I can't drink them anymore unless I want to spend the evening on the toilet, but Steak & Shake strawberry and cookies & cream shakes were amazing.

My wife tells me that Culver's is the best she's had in our current area.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Cook Out is one of those things I see online from people who live in places that have them, but every time I see anythnabout Cook Out it looks fucking nuts.

Cookout is awesome.

Have you heard of Cheerwine? You can get it as a float and it's honestly better than the shakes.

You can get corndogs or quesadillas as your sides for your tray.

The tea comes in two sizes- huge and large.

Cookout is everything great about the South in one establishment.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just had a mix in combo shake from Five Guys and this is the best fucking shake I've ever had.

Sonic's is another good choice for shakes in my opinion.

What are you guys favorite fast food places to get milkshakes at?

So far out of all the fast foot places I've had shakes at to I'd rank it:
1- Five Guys
2- Sonics
3- BK

4- Mcdonalds
Never been to sonics, but the other 3 are not milk and ice cream.
It's just sugar and chemicals.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Cookout is awesome.

Have you heard of Cheerwine? You can get it as a float and it's honestly better than the shakes.

You can get corndogs or quesadillas as your sides for your tray.

The tea comes in two sizes- huge and large.

Cookout is everything great about the South in one establishment.

Cheerwine is another of those things I've only heard about. And yeah, fucking corn dogs and quesadillas as SIDE ORDERS was the first thing that blew my mind. Really bummed they don't seem to have come to Texas yet.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who said Cookout is my fucking family.

Cheerwine is another of those things I've only heard about. And yeah, fucking corn dogs and quesadillas as SIDE ORDERS was the first thing that blew my mind. Really bummed they don't seem to have come to Texas yet.

Cheerwine floats are one of the top ten greatest confections of all time.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers

Oh man, Cheerwine is dope. It's easily my favorite soda in the world.

Y'all have Whataburger and Cane's so it seems even to me.

Anyone who said Cookout is my fucking family.

Cheerwine floats are one of the top ten greatest confections of all time.

Hi fam!

Damn straight they are.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Not really fast food but I always liked Carvel's black & white shakes when I was a kid.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
I can't drink them anymore unless I want to spend the evening on the toilet, but Steak & Shake strawberry and cookies & cream shakes were amazing.

My wife tells me that Culver's is the best she's had in our current area.

Chocolate covered strawberry shakes from Steak n Shake are magical. It's like hot fudge with strawberry in every bite if you do it right.

Chronite

Oct 25, 2017
No mention of Braum's yet? Braum's is my favorite place for shakes that has a drive through. Might be regional to north Texas/Oklahoma. Definitely check it out if you're near one.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Steak n Shakes thin powdered mess is laughable at best.

Five Guys and even a McFlurry knock them out of the conversation.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I went to Cookout on Thursday for the first time in a few months. I got a chocolate milkshake with my burger. Just plain chocolate. I'm a boring person. I don't like fancy milkshakes.

Maffis

Oct 29, 2017
In Sweden it's definitely Max with their 'luxuary' shakes that has pieces in them. Incredibly tasty but also quite expensive and they are like 1000kcal each. Not something you should take after eating there.

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I went to Cookout on Thursday for the first time in a few months. I got a chocolate milkshake with my burger. Just plain chocolate. I'm a boring person. I don't like fancy milkshakes.

Missing out. Should have at least gotten the chocolate malt or if you want to be daring chocolate chip mint.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
The true answer here is Smash Burger because of their reliance on Haagen-Dazs ice cream in their shakes.

You have to experience it to know this is true.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm not sure where the company originated from but Johnny Rockets has great milkshakes.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
This thread reminds me of a local burger place that I miss a lot. The shake guy was like 65 and had been making them forever. They were always perfect. The owner would only use fresh seasonal fruit so you couldn't always get everything, but everything was always amazing.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
No mention of Braum's yet? Braum's is my favorite place for shakes that has a drive through. Might be regional to north Texas/Oklahoma. Definitely check it out if you're near one.

Braum's in general is pretty good. I'd rank their burgers easily in the top 5 of all fast food joints - especially their bacon cheeseburger.