• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Going from a spy action film to go to an island to reconnect with family is one weird transition. Remeber when rock was kinda serious in fast five and had a fight with vin disel and it was almost an even fight and now he can pull a helicopter... man crazy how things change :p
Day 1!
Remember how Vin Diesel flew across a bridge due to the inertia of a collision haha

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
I hope Rock gives himself some of Elba's supersoldier serum treatment near the end of the movie. He needs to start throwing cars and having bullets bounce off. The helicopter is a start I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Rock and Statham's chemistry is perfection, the action is ridiculous, balls to the wall insanity, Idris is "Black Superman" lol

This will be the most entertaining action movie of the year, nothing will come close.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
i wonder if there going to just have it where Shaw was "mind controlled" during the events of F7, so thats why he did those evil things

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
This combined with the last trailer basically tells you the entire movie . Having said that the comedy and action is on point .

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah as if we didn't have enough of that already
Lol

FF1 was somewhat relatable. Cheap cars teens and 20+ yr olds could afford, modifications that were familiar, drama we could understand. Even the race meets, and desert races were grounded in reality.

I guess they had to up the ante after each iteration... from rogue cops, tokyo drifting to underground tunnel racing. But i do miss the feeling the first movie has. Would be cool if it returned to that. I liked the biker boyz approach, which was pretty much a FF1 copycat.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Access Denied and Black Superman are the kind of one liner physical comedy mash ups I want from dumb action flicks like this, I am so fucking in. The actions not half bad either, that mid air humvee flip was ludicrous in a good way

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I love the Fast & Furious franchise but hated 8 and I just can't see past that to see this as anything other than a continuation of the stuff I didn't like so I'm not gonna bother seeing it.

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
I'll agree to disagree. I liked it when it more about family/friend drama focused around cars. Now its just super villians and super heroes.
but that drama was badly written directed and acted. The only good parts of the first couple fast movies were the actions scenes. So we got more of them, and more of them, and now we have whole fucking movies of them and the world is better for it.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
but that drama was badly written directed and acted. The only good parts of the first couple fast movies were the actions scenes. So we got more of them, and more of them, and now we have whole fucking movies of them and the world is better for it.

Yeah I was really surprised when I found out some people actually bought into the sappy melodramatic family storyline. It's so corny and earnest I just laugh at it.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
So Fast 10 is gonna be about Time Travel at this point, right?
Nah, that's Fast 11. Fast 10, aka Fast X, is where F&F will cross over with the xXx universe. In Fast X we'll learn that a shadowy organization is pitting the US government against itself to sow chaos, causing Kurt Russell's character from F&F and Sam Jackson's character from xXx to wage war against each other, each believing the other to be a traitor. Kurt will pit Dom and his team against Jackson's Xander Cage and HIS team. Midway through the movie we learn that Xander Cage is Dom's long-lost twin brother (or clone? that works too). They team up to take down the Big Bad. The final scene in the film takes place in Dom's yard as both teams celebrate over a BBQ, with Don offering Xander a Corona and welcoming him to the 'family.'

If the above doesn't actually happen then I'm never watching another F&F movie again.

Last edited:

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK IS THIS MOVIE !! I CANNOT WAIT !!!

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Are they ever going to address Shaw's sins in this series, or are they just going to ignore it?

just have it where he was brain controlled during the events of FF6, it would be stupid but par for course of this insane series

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me if Dwayne edged him out so he could place himself as a producer to milk the franchise himself.
"So what happened? A studio insider contends Universal tried, even struggled, in good faith to work out a deal with Moritz but after "a long, torturous history" of fighting him to the courthouse steps on every movie in the franchise, the company got fed up when he became combative on Hobbs & Shaw. Says another source familiar with the franchise's story: "It's always hard getting those movies up and running. There are a lot of heavy hitters, a lot of emotion, a lot of people who feel ownership." Moritz is very exacting on his deals, this person adds, and "has a legal team that likes to get on the phone and send letters." "

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
"So what happened? A studio insider contends Universal tried, even struggled, in good faith to work out a deal with Moritz but after "a long, torturous history" of fighting him to the courthouse steps on every movie in the franchise, the company got fed up when he became combative on Hobbs & Shaw. Says another source familiar with the franchise's story: "It's always hard getting those movies up and running. There are a lot of heavy hitters, a lot of emotion, a lot of people who feel ownership." Moritz is very exacting on his deals, this person adds, and "has a legal team that likes to get on the phone and send letters." "
Smells like something Dwayne would cook.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Final trailer:

GQ article sums up my feelings to a t:
I'm not going into Hobbs & Shaw to be dazzled by narrative. I'm going in, gently stoned, to watch these delightful man-children drive cars as if they're spaceships and insult each other. I will love every minute of it.