• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Worth Playing Fast RMX Switch?

• It's Great

Votes: 97 61.4%
  • It's okay

Votes: 53 33.5%
  • It's Meh

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • It sucks

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Fast RMX Switch is on sale for $14, NA. Any good? Not many arcade racers on Switch, and it's visually nice.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
One of the first games I bought on my Switch and I loved it.

Side note: Nintendo should port Excite Truck and ExciteBots to the Switch.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
It's alright, quite nice looking for Switch game and runs well as far as I remember.

I think Redout is a better game but I cant comment on the Switch port

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's decent. Not spectacular, but decent fun.

It's good given the state of arcade racers today, but does not compete with the pinnacle of the genre like F-Zero GX or the best wipeout games.

It also happens to run beautifully on the hardware and was a showstopper launch title.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Really fun arcade style futuristic racer. Well worth a purchase for fans of that genre.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
I know it looks good. Despite being a launch title, I think it's still one of the best looking games on the Switch

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I really liked it on the Wii U. Might buy it again now on Switch.

People always compare it to F-Zero, but as a big F-Zero fan, I think they're very different games. To me, Fast feels more like Sega arcade racers, but harder.

Just in case: yeah, I know F-Zero GX is a Sega arcade racer, I'm talking Daytona stuff.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
The only bad thing I can say is online is dead. Hope the sale fixes that! Otherwise great game with amazing graphics, cool music and nice sense of speed.

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
It's totally competent, but it didn't really grab me. Nothing broken or bad about it. Just for some reason, I can get absorbed by games like Wipeout and F Zero but didn't feel that with RMX.

I hate to say this because it is a solid game and it's sort of an unfair criticism, but I guess if I had to put a word on it I'd say it's a bit "generic" or "soulless". Which is bullshit and I apologize if any RMX devs are reading this! But the general flavor and progression just didn't hook me.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It's solid. I didn't love it, but it's very pretty and has a great sense of speed. My main issue was that I didn't feel all the way in control and some of the track design required a level of twitchiness to avoid crashes that I couldn't handle. And I manage most of F-Zero GX just fine fwiw. The tube stage in RMX with random pillars strewn about comes to mind most clearly when I think of my main frustrations. Maybe I'm just getting old 😭

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
It's really good. But it has nothing to do with F-Zero (outside of the announcer), don't listen to those saying that, it's closer to Wipeout in terms of handling.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
It's fun even if the AI cheats on higher difficulties.
And for online you need to join communities to get a game going.
But it's a great game.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I need to give this a fairer shake. It looks amazing, but didn't grab me like other futuristic hover racers. Once I saw it had that polarity/color system, I told myself to come back to it later and I never did.

As an aside, the similar racing game in The Touryst gave me so much trouble. LOL

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)
I really enjoyed that game. It's quality. If you like WipeOut/Extreme-G/FZero, you have a very high chance of enjoyment. Speaking of FZero, The guy who did the announcer voice in FZERO-GX is the announcer of this game. I thought that was pretty neat.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
I wanted it to be F-Zero but the tracks are waaaayyyy too narrow to get that same feeling. It is a different game that looks so much like F Zero it hurts, but without feeling like F Zero. As someone who adored F Zero GX, it really bummed me out.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I don't own it, but I've heard that the player base is dead. I was interested in buying months ago when told this, so might be something to look into.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I liked it but never finished it. Def scratches the itch for an Fzero-esque racer, though not quite as good.

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
It was one of the launch titles I bought alongside BotW & Snipperclips, it's a lot of fun.

PsychoCandy

Oct 28, 2017
I loved it. It has a few problems: some tracks have really hard to anticipate obstacles and the rubber banding AI can be frustrating. But the sense of speed, the boost mechanics and the sensations when in air and trying to land correctly are amazing.

Obviously it's not FZero but the boost mechanics are pretty unique and give it a personality of its own.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019
Lots of content, nice atmosphere, great visuals. Gameplay relies a bit too much on extreme speed to my tastes - I'd have preferred a slower mode and the tracks being more designed around that. Still, playing all the tracks on the slowest speed was quite fun. I especially love the stormy track with all the jumps!

There had been some complaints about the AI being unfair on Wii U, but I haven't had any trouble on the Switch version.