Fate/Grand Order has made over $3 Billion dollars worldwide

Jun 9, 2018
I'm a little surprised how much bigger the chinese market is then the Global one.

But then China has somthing like 4 times as many people as the US so I guess it's not THAT odd. I suppose I assumed "Global" meant all of europe too.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, only 3% from outside of Japan/China. That's even lower than I expected.
To be fair, FGO is like 2-3 years ahead of NA, so they had a lot of time to accrue that number. That being said, Japan is on another level when it comes to gacha spending, so I'm not sure it really matters, haha.

Nice to see it doing well outside of its native region, though. I know I've spent a couple hundred or so, but that was just to purchase SQ to do the guaranteed banners when they're available.

Edit: I'm literally playing FGO as I type this. >_<

Oct 25, 2017
Its crazy how much bank FGO is making. Surprised there have not been any OVAs focusing on certain characters. 2 arcs are getting animated but with how its a gacha game at its core and getting certain characters is a main draw of gacha games, animes about specific characters seems like something that would make sense

Also EU release when?

FGO fighting game by French Bread when?

Jun 9, 2018
Its crazy how much bank FGO is making. Surprised there have not been any OVAs focusing on certain characters. 2 arcs are getting animated but with how its a gacha game at its core and getting certain characters is a main draw of gacha games, animes about specific characters seems like something that would make sense

Also EU release when?

FGO fighting game by French Bread when?
Listen, Fate has already stolen everything from Tsukihime. They refuse to release an Akiha Tohno Servant.

Don't take their fighting game maker from them, please. They've suffered enough.

Oct 26, 2017
Sony raked in the money like crazy this generation. The stars are the limit for them next gen.
Its funny how FGO has raked in infinite money and their gaming division has not even tried to emulate it. The closest thing to gacha is Diamond Dynasty in The Show and even that is way more tepid in terms of micro transactions compared to anything like 2K or EA does

Oct 25, 2017
I’m guess Japan is so high due to not having the benefit of knowing who’s coming 2 years in advance, so they can’t save free currency for specific units like China and North America can.

That or they just have gambling habits.

Also lol, Fate is now Sony’s most profitable game.

This is how I feel anytime anyone ask me if they should get into FGO.

Oct 25, 2017
Sony raked in the money like crazy this generation. The stars are the limit for them next gen.
Like most Japanese conglomerates, Sony doesn't really have tight coordination between its different divisions. I don't think the success of Grand Order, which is under Aniplex as others have noted, will have much impact on the Playstation division. Any reinvestment of these profits is likely going back to the Fate franchise, or possibly other Aniplex projects, not to fund AAA Playstation games.