• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nephrahim

Jun 9, 2018
I'm a little surprised how much bigger the chinese market is then the Global one.

But then China has somthing like 4 times as many people as the US so I guess it's not THAT odd. I suppose I assumed "Global" meant all of europe too.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While i like the game and the series quite a bit, the fact that is seems to be such an household name in Japan still surprises me.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, only 3% from outside of Japan/China. That's even lower than I expected.
To be fair, FGO is like 2-3 years ahead of NA, so they had a lot of time to accrue that number. That being said, Japan is on another level when it comes to gacha spending, so I'm not sure it really matters, haha.

Nice to see it doing well outside of its native region, though. I know I've spent a couple hundred or so, but that was just to purchase SQ to do the guaranteed banners when they're available.

Edit: I'm literally playing FGO as I type this. >_<

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
BWgnZ6A.png

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Its crazy how much bank FGO is making. Surprised there have not been any OVAs focusing on certain characters. 2 arcs are getting animated but with how its a gacha game at its core and getting certain characters is a main draw of gacha games, animes about specific characters seems like something that would make sense

Also EU release when?

FGO fighting game by French Bread when?

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's crazy that the highest grossing game under Sony is not any game from the PlayStation division, but Sony Music/Aniplex.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is part of a reason I believe we'll see a someone like Jalter in Smash Bros as a DLC character. I can absolutely believe Nintendo would strike that deal.

Nephrahim

Jun 9, 2018
Its crazy how much bank FGO is making. Surprised there have not been any OVAs focusing on certain characters. 2 arcs are getting animated but with how its a gacha game at its core and getting certain characters is a main draw of gacha games, animes about specific characters seems like something that would make sense

Also EU release when?

FGO fighting game by French Bread when?
Listen, Fate has already stolen everything from Tsukihime. They refuse to release an Akiha Tohno Servant.

Don't take their fighting game maker from them, please. They've suffered enough.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess making historical figures into anime waifus and husbandos and then selling alts of them in skimpy clothes is really profitable

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Sony raked in the money like crazy this generation. The stars are the limit for them next gen.

Its funny how FGO has raked in infinite money and their gaming division has not even tried to emulate it. The closest thing to gacha is Diamond Dynasty in The Show and even that is way more tepid in terms of micro transactions compared to anything like 2K or EA does

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guess Japan is so high due to not having the benefit of knowing who's coming 2 years in advance, so they can't save free currency for specific units like China and North America can.

That or they just have gambling habits.

Also lol, Fate is now Sony's most profitable game.

This is how I feel anytime anyone ask me if they should get into FGO.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
Been playing it for nine months give or take. No money spent.

Only one 5*, I do everything by turtling the opponent to death with David, Mash and support Merlin.

Saving for Melt. Expecting nothing.

I'm a success story.

Oct 25, 2017
Sony raked in the money like crazy this generation. The stars are the limit for them next gen.

Like most Japanese conglomerates, Sony doesn't really have tight coordination between its different divisions. I don't think the success of Grand Order, which is under Aniplex as others have noted, will have much impact on the Playstation division. Any reinvestment of these profits is likely going back to the Fate franchise, or possibly other Aniplex projects, not to fund AAA Playstation games.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
I would like to play it but it doesn't support my iPhone so the screen is too small and the animations are extremely choppy. Doesn't seem like they're going to fix it.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty great for Aniplex, but I really don't like this game.
Tried so many times to get back in, but this is not a good game to have bad luck in.