• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. It looks like I can get about 5.5k points if I have Stheno and Carmilla on my front line with 4 Gudao CE's while Cu, Nobu, and Emiya are on my back line.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
250 more water bowls and I should be done and ready to move on to 40 farming. No point going after the void sand, got 100 of those already. Maybe if I get everything in the shop, I'll go back for that.

Safflower

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got my hands on a poster girl CE, with the new 40ap quest out would people prefer it on an Okita or Carmilla?

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Finally got my hands on a poster girl CE, with the new 40ap quest out would people prefer it on an Okita or Carmilla?
Okita is great for the bonus, but I've been tearing the Rider mission apart with double Carmilla. High crits + Type Advantage + Bonus NP damage (on Female Heroes) = Light Work. I've yet to see Drake get any offense in because she gets dusted on Turn 1.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the Rider quest is kicking my ass since I don't have a decent assassin to deal with, and my Emiya's NP no longer one hits the Nobus in third battle, making it more difficult. Should I go back to Assassin quest (which is still tedious but manageable) instead?

I just want to get 1000000 and the ascension mats basically.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the Rider quest is kicking my ass since I don't have a decent assassin to deal with, and my Emiya's NP no longer one hits the Nobus in third battle, making it more difficult. Should I go back to Assassin quest (which is still tedious but manageable) instead?

I just want to get 1000000 and the ascension mats basically.
I got 2 slots open for friends with a poster girl'd Carmilla who can kick the new 40 AP's ass. 428367202

Brie de Meaux

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Note to self: double check which mission you selected before sending your team full of casters.
... Yes i got slaughtered during the first battle.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Aw shit got another GUDAO drop...and I don't have the cost to equip it, lol. At least that saves me 200 hiragumo to buy my fifth copy at the end of the event.

Still spamming 20AP for now. I realized that I will need many, many forbidden pages in the future. Once the Lancer daily goes up I will focus entirely on 40AP for a while.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
So is it actually feasible to clear the shop (for silver and gold mat)? The blue bowl is taking forever already.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Got over 500000 points and cleared all gudaos and skulls so i fell free to do whatever but i think i'll focus on claws and hearts.

Nocturne

Oct 25, 2017
Just one more Forbidden Page to go and I can move onto the crystals. Hopefully I'll have them done or close to done before the Caster mission hits and I move onto that to farm. Optimistically, I'd like to farm the Void Dust too because while I have a lot right now, I know that basically everyone wants it in the future and in increasingly larger quantities, so it'd be nice to bank. But I'll cut it if I need to.

Definitely skipping Homunculus Babies so that's one thing I can keep off my mind at least.

DenseProtag

Oct 26, 2017
Having to grind for 15 phoenix feathers for Okita is going to hurt, I have a decent amount of apples at least but no GUDA-O CEs. I gotta get the skulls for Nobu too before the event ends and now I'm remembering why I stopped doing this event after NP2 Nobu in the Japanese version.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
The game is trolling me beyond belief with drops right now. Way too many point drops and the lowest possible item counts where possible otherwise.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm really not liking this event. I'm still going at it, of course, but I'm relieved to hear that the following events won't be in this same vein.

Slashlen

Oct 25, 2017
Same, really not liking this event. The drop rates/shop prices are absurd and it feels like I'm grinding for very little unless I go burn quartz for a pile of CE's.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I only got a +1 bowl CE from my initial 30-roll, and it's definitely been a slog compared to Halloween. At least tonight the lancer 40AP goes up, farming that should be easy with friend Okita and it gives 22k EXP. I still have a lot of catching up to do in terms of levels so this and the caster mission should go a long way for me.

Lavenza

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at like 600k so i'm on track I think?

I can definitely see why people are frustrated at this event though.

Stamina costs are high and you can only play ever so much a day unless you burn quartz/apples. The shop further compounds this with its silly prices (I use 5 Poster Girls when grinding and even I find them high...).

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at like 600k so i'm on track I think?

I can definitely see why people are frustrated at this event though.

Stamina costs are high and you can only play ever so much a day unless you burn quartz/apples. The shop further compounds this with its silly prices (I use 5 Poster Girls when grinding and even I find them high...).
5 Poster girls? Jesus...

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
320k points and only getting like 14 black bowls per run, plus it's super painful with my assassins being bad.

Honestly I can't even be bothered.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
As a recent player who is F2P, this event has definitely made a bad first impression on me.

The recent responses in this thread are thankfully making it easier for me to stick with this in the future, though.

Oct 25, 2017
I have 0 poster girl CEs, and yeah it's a mess. It'll be fine when the later 40 quests pop up as they'll drop more, but it's easy to see why everyone's getting frustrated. I'm going to get my hearts and my claws and not really bother with anything else.

Lavenza

Oct 27, 2017
5 Poster girls? Jesus...
Well its for 4+1 support. Would trade them in a heartbeat for Okita though.
As a recent player who is F2P, this event has definitely made a bad first impression on me.

The recent responses in this thread are thankfully making it easier for me to stick with this in the future, though.
Don't stress yourself out too much on the shop, If you can get say all the skulls in the shop + NP3 Nobu then I think its still pretty good for someone who has started recently.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So on the Rider map, the highest amount of Hira-gumos I'm getting, with two poster girls, is 26. And this is the only quest minus the boss rush with only Hira-gumo drops. Minus the homunculus babies, which I can probably skip, I will need 2720 more hira-gumos. So if I wanted to use just the Rider even to finish this event, I would need 105 more runs of it.

...yeah, I agree. This event sucks.

Last edited:

KharmaPolice

Oct 25, 2017
So on the Rider map, the highest amount of Hiramogumos I'm getting, with two poster girls, is 26. And this is the only quest minus the boss rush with only Hiramogumo drops.

...yeah, I agree. This event sucks.
I don't think that is true, the event guide on http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/quest_event_us_20171108.php#nav has been updated and now shows only Hiragumo drops for all future 40AP quests. Thus Hiragumo drops should get better with each new quest. The earlier dropcharts were from the event re-run I think.

Oct 26, 2017
Even with improved drop rates though you're not going to manage 2720 hiragumos on natural AP regen between now to the end of the event. Better to plan out what you absolutely need for future ascensions right now and prioritize that stuff first.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully I got lucky with 2x CE drops, so I just need the skulls (only one left to buy, then I'm done). But yeah, the grind sucks.

Sol

Oct 25, 2017
I grinded so much for the Hiragumos that the only thing left in the shop for me are the claws, but I already have enough on me that I don't absolutely need them. Looks like I'm back to grinding 10 and 20 AP until I clear out everything down there, and then it's just point grinding from there.

This event is wearying already, and we still have 6 more days. Christmas better be a hell of a lot better than this.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Even with improved drop rates though you're not going to manage 2720 hiragumos on natural AP regen between now to the end of the event. Better to plan out what you absolutely need for future ascensions right now and prioritize that stuff first.
I've been spending one apple per day so far, but I might go ham on the last two days on the boss rush. How many hiragumos did JP players get on average in the boss rush?

Status
Not open for further replies.