• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruziao

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still farming chawan/cup, still need 800 of them and it's fucking sucks (skipping Void's Dust since I already have 200++ of em) :/

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I've long since given up on farming anything but hiragumo; I'll have to get crystals some other time. Hopefully it won't come back to bite me somewhere down the line.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth it getting 5 Gudaos if I just want to reach 1 million points?

I have 1 more Gudao to buy using 300 hiragumo or I can say screw this and buy mats. I already have 3 Gudaos from a lucky drop.

Grazzt

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia

I have 1 more Gudao to buy using 300 hiragumo or I can say screw this and buy mats. I already have 3 Gudaos from a lucky drop.
Still 7 more days to go. And these new 40ap quests give a lot of points, so I don't think you need another Gudao to reach 1m.
I have 4 (3 from the shop, 1 from drop), and sitting at 600k.

This lancer one is so easy, and the drop is good. But please stop dropping seeds.

Safflower

Oct 26, 2017

You should be okay without it. Assuming you haven't done the newest 1 AP that spawned a bit ago, at 390% bonus you'll get a bit over 800,000 from the rest of the quests. And that's just 1 AP, so any drop farming you do will add on some as well.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Used my one ticket I got today and got a Poster Girl. What's a good servant to put it on right now for support?

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Overnight one of my support Okitas suddenly went from average NP1 lvl 50 Okita to suddenly grailed lvl 96, NP5, max Fou'd, skills @ 7. I'm (more than) a little shocked at the whaling that just happened.

I think I'm well ahead of the curve, currently @ 900k points, almost done with the hira-gumo part of the shop. Just the homunculus and horseshoes left. Only used about 7-8 apples so far, which still puts me positive with the 10 apples you get from this event. Don't think you need to use any more than that, unless you're really lacking on CE's.

Dandte

Oct 26, 2017
Max ascended my saber alter and once the event ends i should be able to max ascend waver. Feels good making progress. I also got another gudao ce drop which means i now have 5. Is it worth to buy the last one from the shop? Due to cost limit i can't use them anyway and right now i could lb one.

Also i gave up on th silver trade in items, this is ridiculous. Sadly i need to farmt the 10 ap for exp cards :-/.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Max ascended my saber alter and once the event ends i should be able to max ascend waver. Feels good making progress. I also got another gudao ce drop which means i now have 5. Is it worth to buy the last one from the shop? Due to cost limit i can't use them anyway and right now i could lb one.

Also i gave up on th silver trade in items, this is ridiculous. Sadly i need to farmt the 10 ap for exp cards :-/.
If you have the correct bonus servants, you can only equip 4 CE's of the Gudao or Poster Girl variety due to total cost limitations (if you're at least level 105 or so, 102 cost), so hold onto the copies so you can equip as many as possible on your party and LB it later.

Edit: You can skip buying any more Gudao's from the shop. 5 is as many as you need and can ever do anything with.

Oct 25, 2017

Nah, you won't be able to equip it anyway and I don't think LB increases the points bonus.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, you won't be able to equip it anyway and I don't think LB increases the points bonus.

As far as I know it actually does, but only for GUDAO. And if you only have 5 copies that's not worth it. If I got a third drop I'd consider buying a 5th CE from the shop and limit breaking the ones I have, as it would free up a lot of cost. But I don't think I'll have points issues at this rate and saving hiragumo is more important.

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I know it actually does, but only for GUDAO. And if you only have 5 copies that's not worth it. If I got a third drop I'd consider buying a 5th CE from the shop and limit breaking the ones I have, as it would free up a lot of cost. But I don't think I'll have points issues at this rate and saving hiragumo is more important.
Huh, weird how the LB bonus applies to that, but not Poster Girl etc. That would make things so much easier since points really shouldn't be an issue for most people.

Lavenza

Oct 27, 2017
Shoutout to "Ustnap" for your Okita with Poster Girl. I know you are on this forum but I can't recall your username.

Your Okita has helped so much in farming the 40APs (Almost every other Okita on my FL always seems to have other CEs equipped)

Lyon N. Laap

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, giving up on farming the blue bowl for now. Nowhere close to being done with it, even dropping the Void Dust, so I'll just focus on farming the Lance Quest and go back to it once I get the materials I actually need. At 650k right now, but not too worried about finishing though, as I'm confident I can finish with as little apples as possible if any. Good news anyway as I find farming Lancer a lot more palatable than the 20AP run.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
I have Nobu and Ushi in there. All the other servants are level 1 and I don't feel like leveling them right now. I'll just burn apples if I need to.
I keep a level 1 Nobu and Meph in my back-line, don't need more than my front 3 (Okita/Emiya/Ushi) + support Okita for these missions, and they're only level 60. At least on this lancer one a single Okita can solo everything, 2 is overkill. Smart use of the base mystic code for survivability goes a long way

Last edited:

Rephin

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I basically use my own Okita and a friend Okita to destroy 40AP Lancer, the other servants just provide bonus points and wear CEs.

Semblance

Oct 26, 2017
California
The Lancer 40AP quest feels something like what we should have been getting earlier in the event. Already had a few claws drop and landmines are ... well, I don't have a Poster Girl, so they're not pouring in, but at least it's not a terribly slow trickle anymore. The dream.

Seed drops are not good civilization, however.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I am so far behind in bowl I think I need to apple it to buy crystal and page then move on to the 40AP.

Deleted member 1852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm running with just my Umu and pulling in a support Okita. That's more than plenty and saves cost so I can still have a Poster Girl on Umu and Guda-O on all the other servants (Ushi, Doge, Faker, and wonderful zero-cost Mashu).

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
This is more than enough to beat the lancer quest. The only 2 doing damage are the Okitas, the rest are there just for point bonuses and/or draw aggro with Poster Girls. Ushi dies after the 2nd round of attacks in the first battle, and then Okitas just mop up and NP spam to victory and there's nothing any of the mobs can do, hitting them for only 3-digit damage. Everyone else just sits there and waits to die.

Edit: This is also going to be the easiest one to farm for points and hiragumo, and probably the best. The next one is all casters, a bit difficult but this is where Ushi can shine, followed by all archers, by far the hardest with Okitas being complete deadweight there, but Cu can do okay but not enough to carry.
0NpEA9q.png

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Shoutout to "Ustnap" for your Okita with Poster Girl. I know you are on this forum but I can't recall your username.

Your Okita has helped so much in farming the 40APs (Almost every other Okita on my FL always seems to have other CEs equipped)

Thanks for the FP, but surprisingly my Lancelot is still the most used currently. If you want me to switch my CE later on in the event just pm/quote me.

Sol

Oct 25, 2017
Forbidden Pages don't actually become farmable until London hits, unfortunately. Thankfully, both it and Eternal Gears become more available at that point, but you probably want to stock up right now if you need them immediately.

Meteor Horseshoes are stuck with their crappy droprate until Camelot though.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
So It seems you can't farm Forbidden Page from the caster event?
Forbidden Pages don't actually become farmable until London hits, unfortunately. Thankfully, both it and Eternal Gears become more available at that point, but you probably want to stock up right now if you need them immediately.

Meteor Horseshoes are stuck with their crappy droprate until Camelot though.
Ah, thats good. I think I can wait a bit. How long till London comes?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking today, one thing that would make event farming so much easier is if they let players skip their NP animation. I'm legit surprised, after the game being as old as it is, that such a thing was never implemented in the Japanese version (which means, the chances of the Global release getting it very unlikely). The animation is nice the first few handful of times, but at that point I'm like "come on, already!".

Oct 26, 2017
It's not a groundbreaking idea, skipping np animations has been the #1 most requested feature by JP players for the last few years and it has almost become a meme that the devs continue ignore it.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
I was thinking today, one thing that would make event farming so much easier is if they let players skip their NP animation. I'm legit surprised, after the game being as old as it is, that such a thing was never implemented in the Japanese version (which means, the chances of the Global release getting it very unlikely). The animation is nice the first few handful of times, but at that point I'm like "come on, already!".
https://www.rpgsite.net/interview/5...rview-with-the-producer-and-creative-director
Journalist #1: One of the longest running gags in the Fate/Grand Order manga is skipping Noble Phantasms. Since it's such a highly requested feature from Japanese players, are there any plans on implementing a way to skip them in the future?

Shiokawa: We hear that request every single day. Noble Phantasms are a very important element in the Fate franchise and when we were making F/GO, we definitely did not want to undermine that.

Iwakami: We feel as if the game would be missing something if we allowed players to skip Noble Phantasm animations.
QQmzrPs.png

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's not a groundbreaking idea, skipping np animations has been the #1 most requested feature by JP players for the last few years and it has almost become a meme that the devs continue ignore it.

Well this is just depressing. :(

I guess I should consider myself lucky that the developers didn't feel the need to go one step further and force the players to audibly summon Noble Phantasms using the incantation present in the series.

"I am the bone of my sword..."

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I changed my strategy to prioritize mats required to Ascension most of my used Servants. That seems more manageable than blindly emptying the shop from top to bottom.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone has a strong rider and poster girl can share their friend ID please? Need to prep for the caster one.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well this is just depressing. :(

I guess I should consider myself lucky that the developers didn't feel the need to go one step further and force the players to audibly summon Noble Phantasms using the incantation present in the series.

"I am the bone of my sword..."

I like the rumor that the way the game was made prevents the NPs from being skipped since it'd mess with the programming and the way the game calculates damage and star generation. Someone on /r/grandorder did a write up on it at some point.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
All these level-ups, I'm back in the infinite grind zone. I wonder if I can hit 96 or whatever it is I need to equip this 5th GUDAO.

Caster will be even better exp but I dunno if I'll have the patience for that one. If I can bring a Poster Girl Drake, sure, but I'll need to see how my points situation is shaking out in a few days. I might be able to hit 1.5M.

Status
Not open for further replies.