• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Altera challenge quest is pretty tricky. A combination of Lancers to negate any Archer-type advantage, and then you have Hercules that bops for ~10K damage in between before he gets melted.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
How the heck does the vday event work? Our inventories will be filled with 5743267 CEs?!

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
The Altera challenge quest is pretty tricky. A combination of Lancers to negate any Archer-type advantage, and then you have Hercules that bops for ~10K damage in between before he gets melted.
Try to put star of altrias on as many people as you can afford. I used the mystic code stun first turn and he died in two turns without ever getting a hit in.

Try to draw out round 1/3 and build np as much as you can though because Herc isn't gonna let you build much if you want down him fast.

Then if you have mhx do the party stun and unload all your NPs on the dragon and altera.

Last edited:

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Try to put star of altrias on as many people as you can afford. I used the mystic code stun first turn and he died in two turns without ever getting a hit in.

Try to draw out round 1/3 and build np as much as you can though because Herc isn't gonna let you build much if you want down him fast.

Then if you have mhx do the party stun and unload all your NPs on the dragon and altera.
I'll try the other mystic code for sure. Naively went in thinking it would be like the farmable level 85 quest.

Kovaelin

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Yes it's beginner friendly. The event that is just ending has missions that are easy and ones that are hard so both new players and old ones can get materials.

At this point we've only had 1 event that wasn't reran in Japan I think and that's the one that is ending right now. You've missed quite a bit of exclusive content but a lot of it gets available at a later date.

You haven't really missed that much. We have month gaps between events early on, so it wasn't jam packed. Everything except the event running right now gets a re-run of some kind, and honestly, the servant you get from this event is gutter tier trash, so it doesn't matter.

We're getting 1/2 cost EXP card levels event this week (you use these to level up your servants), so honestly, 1/18 is a great day to start.

Also, they have a new player bonus if you start on 1/18:

As is with pretty much all gacha games there is missable content (at least temporarily). Most events are rerun around one year later, so you can grab stuff you've missed then. The main story however is always available and I'd recommend you start with that and play through at least the first proper story chapter to get acquainted with the game (paired with some dailies to level up your servants). FGO in general isn't particularly hard and you get by with low rarity servants if your gacha luck is bad.
As for starting the game, I'd recommend waiting until Thursday. At that point the login dailies for starting players get revamped to be more generous. Combined with the 2 million downloads rewards that will be given out as well you'll get quite a bit of premium currency during your first week.

Thank you. How much story (is that the main part of the game or is there a big "end game"?) is there right now? Is it still ongoing?

KharmaPolice

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you. How much story (is that the main part of the game or is there a big "end game"?) is there right now? Is it still ongoing?
The story is certainly a big draw to FGO. Currently we have one prologue chapter and 4 main story chapters available. A new one comes out every two to three months. The beginning chapters vary in quality but get better and more complex as the game goes on with the best chapters yet to come.
Aside from the main story the events (of which we get one to two per month on average) usually come with their own stories, but those vary wildly in complexity. Some are short and comedic while some future ones are pretty involved and serious.

gaiadyne

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

The story is ongoing and probably about half way done. There are 5 story chapters released right now that you can sink your teeth into. New story chapters are released ever few months. In between the chapters you have grind heavy events like the one currently going on. Some consider the story a weak point of this game, although I probably like the story a lot more than doing these grindy events.

KharmaPolice

Oct 25, 2017
The ending 'r' in Brynhildr is silent anyways, it was just old nordic writing convention. The correct spelling is Brynhild (or Brünhild for the german version). I agree that the spelling Brynhildr looks cool though.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
The ending 'r' in Brynhildr is silent anyways, it was just old nordic writing convention. The correct spelling is Brynhild (or Brünhild for the german version). I agree that the spelling Brynhildr looks cool though.
Or as others put it:
The yandere Brynhildr or Brynhild or Brünnhilde or Brunhild or Sigrdífa or Nilda or Brunhilda or unnobtainable Valkyrie with only 2 rate ups in 2 years

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think there are 2 currencies. Coins and chocolate. You use coins to buy CEs that increase drops. Each female servant you have will give the option for a CE that boosts chocolate drops.

Then you farm for chocolate which is used to buy mats. I think pieces and monuments are still bought with coins though.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cockroach made me so proud, *sniffle*

Managed to get edgy Horsturia down to about 200k health before she Rhongomynia'd my front line. Out pops Cu Chulainn and he manages to seal the deal. :3

Armtiage

Oct 27, 2017
Phew beat the final event by the skin of my teeth. Was worried since I used all my seals on yesterday's event.

MHX, support Okita, Altera, Ceaser, Lily, Giles. Combat uniform.

Stunned Lancer. MHX missed her stun. Sacrificed Giles in with Altera to take the first NP in the face. Okita doing work till the 2nd NP gets her. And Altera standing victorious in the end solo with 700hp.

I lucked out when Lancer spent 2 of her turns doing nothing but buffing herself.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still short of the 2M, so I went with as greedy a team I could put together. I was prepared to use the 3 command seals if necessary. Turns out I *just* didn't have to. It doesn't get any closer than this:
tNqyfHA.png
Earned me a nice 260k Altrium :)

Semblance

Oct 26, 2017
California
Don't know why I expected a stiffer challenge out of the final daily, but sure, whatever. At least it means I'm done.

Cleared 2 mil. EP and cleaned out the shop of everything but pieces. Happy to move on from this event. Heart drops were great but I can't say I enjoyed Saber Wars otherwise.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Last daily gives 100,000 exactly right? If I play my cards right that means I only have to grind out the last 50,000 for 1 million altrium after beating lancer alter.

LV-426

Oct 29, 2017
Only managed about 1.3 million points. I just don't have the time to grind these events, I wish they would tone it back a little bit but it's not the end of he world. Still have a lot of fun with this game.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Bonehorse McPokeknight not as scary as I was worried about thankfully. I had my full seals ready to go but Artoria and a support Okita (both rank 1 NP) mangled her, she didn't even get a second NP off. She only k.o.'d my poor Waver. Really liked to focus him for some reason.

I will finish the event with about 1.3 million points, 40 hearts, 10 claws, 45 reverse scales, 30 gears, and 50 homocubabies with the shop cleared out sans pieces and a few monuments I have over 50 of. Not too shabby with over 20 apples left, especially since I started the event with 0 claws and used some of them on Lancelot to boot. Might try to farm points for more claws and prisms til it's over.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
That last fight ended up a lot easier than i thought it would be.

I had my normal saber team of altera, salter and other saber rate up dudes in the back. Only difference is i replaced one with Mash. I chose an Okita but it would have worked with a mhx as well. When Lalter was about to NP I used the mystic code tag out skill got mash in to invincible one saber, okita used evade and when the NP killed Mash the saber I had just subbed out came in and I had my frontline 3 back in without taking any damage.

Then NPed Lalter to death.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Like I figured, I had to use the 3 command seal full-party revive for the Altera challenge. Though I did surprise myself by managing to actually last until only the dragon was left before everyone died.

Compared to that, the Lalter challenge was much simpler to handle with a Lily-Alter-support Okita frontline.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Altera + Okita + Waver. At 1.9mil, don't need the full bonus.
Yeah, I've basically been running Okita, Waver, and a Friend MHX the entire event. Ihave other event Sabers in my backline, but they're just there for points basically. Okita has carried me so much.

With the final event mission, I'm at a little under 1.8 million points. I guess it's time to burn a couple more apples to finish it all off, I might as well.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I tallied things up and it looks like the only stuff I'll miss out on from the points list are 3 claws, 3 hearts, 500 prisms, 25 million QP, and the Lore (plus the couple of remaining useless CEs). That's not too bad for having spent no apples, I think, especially since I don't intent to get all 5 copies of Mona Lisa.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Spend your apples, what are you guys saving them for!~
Pretty much. If you have the time, it's best to use it for stuff like this, otherwise you'll be sitting on them constantly.

That being said, if you don't have the dedication (or freedom to do so) to sit there and actually spend the AP, that's another matter entirely, haha. Thankfully, I have an evening with not much else to do, so I'll go the entire 2 million.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
You guys are gonna tell me that you're gonna save them for the next lottery event and then complain 5 boxes in how monotonous it is grinding with apples.

352429020283011083.png

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't think it's worth it for me. I don't have enough of an influx of rare servants to drastically need the resources up for grabs.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently at 1.25 mil with the last 4 challenges to go. If I can do them I'll be about 300k off 2 mil. I only aimed to reach 1 mil but now I'm a little disappointed I'm so close to the end. I should have burned a few apples each day to gradually get me closer, but didn't expect to be this close.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently sitting at about 1.5mil Altrium. I should be able to hit 2mil with about 13 apples. Are 200 MP, various mats, and a Lore worth 13 apples?

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Decided to be greedy and went with MHX over the safe Okita for the last challenge quest. Had to use my seals due to mis-playing (set up a awesome heal by Medea Lily only to realise I was NP-Sealed...) , was left with 300k HP left. Still I hit 2M points, not bad considering no Nero and no Salter. had to burn apples, but still ended much with about as much as I started with.

I'm currently sitting at about 1.5mil Altrium. I should be able to hit 2mil with about 13 apples. Are 200 MP, various mats, and a Lore worth 13 apples?

I would still farm it as much as you can, since the point rewards are pretty worth it compared to everything else. Would you spend 40 AP for a guaranteed Demon Heart? What about a Talon? or 2M QP? or 100 Mana Prisms? Assuming you can clear MHZ with a decent bonus (130% gives around 16K points, which is one item on the reward list), that is exactly what you are getting for your AP with occasional bonus dragon scales.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are so stingy with your apples. It's always worth it to use your apples if you want to play. Damn apples might as well be Elixers waiting to use for that final battle.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Y'all are so stingy with your apples. It's always worth it to use your apples if you want to play. Damn apples might as well be Elixers waiting to use for that final battle.

I also have that bad habid in every RPG, MMO or H&S, of stockpiling potions and almost never using them. I'm such a miser.

Still, I'm going to spend at least a dozen apples on gathering embers. I have a lot of servants who are 10 levels aways from their current ascension limit, or in the 50-ish area. I also need to invest in that Arash guy. I snobbed him so far because of his low rank, but he could be useful for difficult encounters.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017

Yeah I realised that when I had 80 apples over Xmas and only had the time to grind 15 boxes before I got bored of it. I used like 20 for Saber Wars, but the event gave like 20 back haha. Also I MLBed my Mona Lisa, so for those on my friends list, enjoy!

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I can start being a bit more free with my apples soon. I've been playing as efficiently as possible since my reroll but I'm just about caught up to where I want to be. After I burn a few on this weekend's half AP embers I'll be in a good spot on both servant EXP and mana prisms.

But yeah, I've always believed that apples should be used if you feel like playing more at that moment. I'll keep a stock for events but I don't see myself using 30+ again like I did on Christmas, even for the next lottery.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't think it's worth it for me. I don't have enough of an influx of rare servants to drastically need the resources up for grabs.
The excess resources are supposed to be for skill leveling as everyone will eventually reach the point of more resources coming in than servants.

Status
Not open for further replies.