• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
She has 8629 base attack at 80. This is actually on the high end of SR Caster attack stats. (It's identical to Helena.)

Miyu's thing seems to be she's an offensive support. You use her Arts crits to do some damage and build up her NP, and then use her NP to support the other team.

Basically pair her with either Merlin or Tamamo.
The problem with crit casters is that you need a skill that directs the stars to you, because unless you can consistently get 50 stars a turn, the distribution is going to be too inconsistent. You can put a seal designation on her or other crit absorb CEs but you're already trying to compensate for a deficiency she has.

And I have Helena at NP5, and I wouldn't use her if I all I have to attack with are face cards. Even with her "high" attack she still hits like a wet noodle. And Helena's support kit is... Easier? Like technically miyu's np would push herself over the edge vs Helena but for an np you're meant to be spamming it sure got tied with a really spam unfriendly demerit.

Also it's 500 heal per turn at np1 and 1000 at NP5 which is crazy low. And you can't up he np easily like Helena because she's limited.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gamepress just posed a bunch of video examples (from various youtubers) of the boss rush.

Never saw Memelin in action, but holy shit, no wonder he's considered busted. Always thought Memelin was considered Waver/Merlin, not just 2 Merlins.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Yeah, I might just go with that cheesy strategy.

Got my first CE drop ever this morning in this event when I finally switched to the goddess node, followed by a 2nd one right after that.
Still need a 3rd drop though, so MLB is very unlikely and another 4 useless CE's in the 2nd archive. At least I farmed enough hearts on the expert node that I should be able to max skill Jalter after the Dante event and got all the mats/exp cards/Fou's from the shop that I wanted.
Earlier on today I had 666 dango's and thought that maybe it could be a sign for King Hassan, but no luck with the ticket that I threw at his banner.

Looking at it again, it seems I was wrong and that there are some gimmicks. However, the gimmicks are by-and-large lame and can probably be safely ignored. For example, Phantom has a 5-turn Quick-down debuff. Phantom is an Assassin. Are there even any Quick Casters at this point? So, just don't try to rely on a Quickzerker and it won't matter. The most dangerous gimmick is probably Caligula's crit-boost, but he's a Berserker so it shouldn't be too hard to burst him down.
True, we couldn't care less about quick down.

Last edited:

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
New girl seems p shit tbh.

Like They weren't sure if they wanted to her to be dps or support and half was hybrided it so she's pretty bad at both.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
So I took a long at Ereshkigal's animations and have the following question regarding her NP:
King Hassan and/or Nitocris can randomly show up as spectators . Do I require to have them in my Chaldea for that?

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone trying for Dantes tonight? I thought about it for future grinding but decided I'll wait to see if I get Skadi. Without double Skadi it's pointless.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Anyone trying for Dantes tonight? I thought about it for future grinding but decided I'll wait to see if I get Skadi. Without double Skadi it's pointless.
My initial plan was to see how I like him in the upcoming challenge battles since I haven't really used any of the Dante's in my friends list. Does he have another summon banner not long after Skadi shows up? Then it would be easier for me to skip as well and just wait for Skadi first.

No, pretty sure you don't need to have them for them to randomly appear.

Good to hear as I wouldn't want to miss out by not having either of them.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
My initial plan was to see how I like him in the upcoming challenge battles since I haven't really used any of the Dante's in my friends list. Does he have another summon banner not long after Skadi shows up? Then it would be easier for me to skip as well and just wait for Skadi first.

Good to hear as I wouldn't want to miss out by not having either of them.
He shows up again right after skadi in that summer event.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Prepared a good stash to get him this time, after failing last year.
While i'm happy he gets amazing next year, i mostly want him since i really like the original novel.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's honestly that demerit on her NP that makes her so bad. She'd be fine otherwise. 3000 HP demerit is ridiculous.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
She'll probably get an interlude and/or rank up at some point if the demerit is that bad in action. Probably gonna take a while through.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
Sadness across the board for miyu fans lol.

She's seriously has one of the worst kits since consort yu.
Yu was the last singularity batch so it's not like there was that much stuff in-between.

It doesn't really matter if Miyu gets an interlude or a rank up...she'll probably always be awful. Being a support is hyper competitive and there's just tons of other stuff in the Arts/Crit space. Some do damage and are a little more offensive. Others are just way more versatile. Lan Ling just came out...for example, but the list gets really really long. Two hits off Arts cards with triple arts deck and no offensive NP is just horrible.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
That manga oneshot is by Kousuke Kurose, best known for the Goblin Slayer manga adaptation. Also a massive Aikatsu/Precure fan, apparently, if his Twitter is anything to go by.

(Also maybe we shouldn't link to full scans of manga here)

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I lied and threw about 500 quartz at Nagito.

Didn't get him, but got another Ozy (NP3) and two Saberlots (NP5), so I'm satisfied. Maybe I'll get lucky with the upcoming tickets, but I'm not spending anymore money on him. Probably.

Aquila

Oct 27, 2017
Threw 20 tix away for a Victor of the Moon ce. Might use the tickets from the rerun. I like Dantes, his book, and his usefulness in the future, but the ccc pre-event is my primary target.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Booyah! After a long slump I finally was able to get a Servant from a banner that I actually wanted, and along with him Ibaraki also decided to spook me. Both of them from solo tickets, so great for me as it at least guarantees something for Shinjuku Archer.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
lol, I brought wrong team in terms of class, but luckily still managed to win the first fight. Next time I'll just use Ruler/Berserker instead of guessing the boss' class wrong again.

PunishedOkabe

From a certain point of view, this isn't a copy
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Miyu might actually be the worst 4 star servant, especially now the Fionn is actually pretty good. FeelsBadMan

Last edited:

Eldalie_

Nov 1, 2017
5 tickets spent. Another copy of Origin Bullet and nothing worthy. Will spend another 5 tickets next week.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Not gonna roll for Dantes since as some of you said, it's pretty pointless if you don't have skadi, plus I really don't like Danganrompa artstyle, I'd rather have Lancelot for that role, he's ridiculously cool, I mean, a knight with a minigun on a jet? Sign me up!

Already have him, so I might end up with NP2 by the time Skadi releases which would put him very close to NP1 Dantes.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, got Dantes after 300 more quartz.

I like the design but don't even really need him since he's only good when Skadi drops.

With all the money I've spent on this game, I could have gone on a 5* vacation or something. Instead, it's all gone to progress in a game that can easily vanish at any point. It's happened before with gacha games. Just a bit of self reflection.

Anyway, any idea on when the next "super/great x2" event drops?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i mean think about it this way. Anyone can get into an accident and die at any moment.
Not really the same. Yeah, anyone can die at any moment, but that's a part of life that everyone alive has to deal with. It's different than willingly throwing money at something that has no physical value. Just value stored on a server that can be shut down at any point for whatever reason. Hell, even losing access to your account because the FGO's account system is antiquated as fuck.

Reminder to always store your backup code every month at the least.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it was meant to be a jokey sentiment that life is transient and value is largely a mental and social construct.

But yes.

Agreed.

Speaking of transient things, with fox's wedding now leveled to 10 my QP reserves are below 1 million.

Life is truly suffering.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
I've played MMO's from 2002 to 2012 paying a subscription, the way I reason spending money for the guaranteed gacha is looking at it from the enjoyment point, I get about 1 hour a day on average out of this game thorough the year, so I don't feel bad about spending some money on it twice a year, I might spend some more if I really like a servant -AND- have some money to spare (I did this for the guaranteed/Hassan banner, I bought a large SQ pack instead of the smallest possible for the guaranteed gacha so I had some SQ for Hassan in case I needed it), I would never spend hundred of dollars on it like some people do, they're either loaded so they don't care about spending several hundred dollars on a (low) chance to get something in return, or they have a serious problem with gambling.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Orion's new interlude was actually pretty funny

I lied and threw about 500 quartz at Nagito.

Didn't get him, but got another Ozy (NP3) and two Saberlots (NP5), so I'm satisfied. Maybe I'll get lucky with the upcoming tickets, but I'm not spending anymore money on him. Probably.
NP3 Ozy gang

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Whoo, got dantes with my stockpile of quartz i still had.
Time to go gring gears and books to ascend him, since i've got none left.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up for anyone doing Dantes' interlude. Be sure to bring mona lisa ce since there's a bit of QP from the 2nd fight. I made the mistake of not bringing one and still got a decent amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.