• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The gifts form the guys are so extravagant. Karna gives you gold earrings and Ozy gives you a baby Sphinx.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
How long do we have void dust as the part of the weekly login rewards for?
Yeah, heck, i think he don't need animation update, sprite update is enough
Yeah I agree with this. His animations are fine tbh.

Also is your avatar the thing from Psycho-Pass? I literally finished that anime today which is why I'm asking.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
JP changed from dust to chains for their 9 million downloads campaign in late May, so around then if we keep parity. Then that lasted until 2nd anniversary when they changed completely to the voucher system.
Great thanks. I made the mistake of not picking up bones for a while because I thought weekly bones would last longer then it did (plus I got Fran who needs a ton). Don't want to make the same mistake with dust which I need a fair amount of as well.

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017
How long do we have void dust as the part of the weekly login rewards for?

Yeah I agree with this. His animations are fine tbh.

Also is your avatar the thing from Psycho-Pass? I literally finished that anime today which is why I'm asking.

Yeah, its from Psycho pass

=========

Almost done with choco event. Only need to do caster several times and get choco from the handsome boys of chaldea

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Ofc I get my first CE drop right as this event is ending. And ofc I get another one on the next run lol. Typical.
Yeah, its from Psycho pass

=========

Almost done with choco event. Only need to do caster several times and get choco from the handsome boys of chaldea
Have to say that it was a really good anime. Started 2 which I've heard isn't that good but I'm enjoying it enough atm. I'm just treating it as something separate from the first.
YOOO We got break bars!
As in they've added it to something that is currently in the game? Shotgun Shogun said in one of his videos that we get it with Shinjuku so I knew about that, but would be cool if they updated some of the older stuff.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
As in they've added it to something that is currently in the game? Shotgun Shogun said in one of his videos that we get it with Shinjuku so I knew about that, but would be cool if they updated some of the older stuff.
DW heard you loud and clear for your request that Hands and Doors should have break bars.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ofc I get my first CE drop right as this event is ending. And ofc I get another one on the next run lol. Typical.
Have to say that it was a really good anime. Started 2 which I've heard isn't that good but I'm enjoying it enough atm. I'm just treating it as something separate from the first.

Oh. I thought we were getting them early. I thought they were added in CCC for some reason.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Oh. I thought we were getting them early. I thought they were added in CCC for some reason.
Tbf I also thought it was later. When he said it in the video I was surprised we got it so soon. It's nice to start off a new "era" in the game's story with the new mechanic rather than halfway through though.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I have a few more servants now than I did back then, but some of the fights will still be annoying.

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I'm somewhat surprised that Kiara got another buff. I guess Okita is still too new to get one, but she needed one the most of the three potential servants.

Is this the first strengthening that has reduced a skill's cooldown?

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Since they are giving CD reduction, I really hope they strengthen Helena's first skill, its been crazily powercrept since her release. Like Merlin's first skill at level 1 is better than her's when maxed at 10.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Helena is still okish. Like I'll take her over merlin and waver for generic farming, but that's because I have her NP5 (NP6 actually lol) and have 3 kscopes.

Also seeing that completing the challenge quest twice will basically complete this week's Master missions for 10 AP I decided to have some fun with it. Went with this team.

KRC0XM1.jpg

Being unable to find a tamamo with a prisma cosmos made things a bit dicey but made it in the end. Was hilarious too. Basically just surfing nearly every turn.

Welcome to peak arts.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
So, is there a point where Jalter and double Merlin stops being effective in JP, or does it remain as broken as it is in NA?

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Think I'm pretty much done with the shop, got the 4* exp cards, medals. Still going to put a little time into getting some of those MPs but I'm not going to stress about it.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I know these are bait banners but man London is tempting me...again.
Helena is still okish. Like I'll take her over merlin and waver for generic farming, but that's because I have her NP5 (NP6 actually lol) and have 3 kscopes.

Also seeing that completing the challenge quest twice will basically complete this week's Master missions for 10 AP I decided to have some fun with it. Went with this team.

Being unable to find a tamamo with a prisma cosmos made things a bit dicey but made it in the end. Was hilarious too. Basically just surfing nearly every turn.

Welcome to peak arts.
That team looks really fun. Wish I could run that.

Didn't even think to run the challenge quest to do the master missions. I've already done it twice though, dunno if i can be bothered to do it a third time. Went again with Martha Ruler. It was not a fun experience lol. I really should have tested her more before grailing her.
So, is there a point where Jalter and double Merlin stops being effective in JP, or does it remain as broken as it is in NA?
Next week lol. I mean it's still very strong but 1 turn 100% crit damage isn't as good with break bars.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Are the molds still used for next years event? Wondering what I should spend my chocolates on since I've cleared out all the important stuff.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Are the molds still used for next years event? Wondering what I should spend my chocolates on since I've cleared out all the important stuff.

Get QP. If you don't need it now, you will later.

IIRC it starts when bosses start having multiple HP bars more often that Arts teams catch up since they refill NP so fast vs Buster not very much at all, then Quick catches up when Skadi-voodoo comes out with the super crits and decent NP gain/debuffs. Merlin is still top tier in JP, it's more like Quick/Arts has parity with Buster now.

Last edited:

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Dat feel when you've been farming Royal for pages but it was on sweet difficulty all this time lmao.

Oh well, got a lot of hearts and dragon wings. Still have today and tomorrow and the store is basically done. Only used 2 apples.

Gonna grab more gears for Emiya and Jack too.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The final few CEs capped me off perfectly. I wish we had more events that gave out CE exp.
TIyooolh.png

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just did the first memorial fight, and got my dantes taken to 2000 hp first turn. Dang, those dragons crits hard.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Think I'm officially done with this event. Got absolutely everything I wanted and managed to get 15 Gallstones drops which means I currently have enough for all the servants I want in the future. For me personally this was a very good event.

I'm a bit annoyed that the memorial quests are only up for 6 days, but 2 of those days overlap with the event, meaning most of my friends list has event CEs on that aren't that useful.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Man poor cu alter, his cq might as well not exist.
He didn't even try to use Protection from Arrows. I mean, I had the Altera CE on Jalter just to counter it so it wouldn't have helped, but he didn't even try! He didn't even use his guts, either! Tiamat at least sealed Jalter's NP right before Jalter was going to use it to finish Tiamat off.

Gonna wait to do the last quest until Valentine's is over and people have non-event CEs up again.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Drops have been disappointing for me.
Still no shop CE drop and only 1 heart.
At least I got a couple of gallstones and a 2nd Cute Orangette CE while throwing some tickets.
Unfortunately, no Street Choco-Maid 2018 CE on the MHXA/2018 CE banner. I would have liked to have that ReDrop artwork.

Questions:
Will I be able to use the Cute Orangette CE's next year as well, similar to the 2018 CE's still being useful this year?
If I understand correctly, I'll be able to get/give exactly the same valentine's gifts in the next 2 years, with the added bonus of them being voiced in 2021? Is that right?
I have done a couple of Saber one's and Jalter and will probably still do Archuria, Tamamo and Merlin. The rest might have to wait until next year.

I absolutely understand why Emiya Alter had to be edited for the US version (the artist is also to blame here), but I'm always afraid that there might be future edits with some of those not to our liking. Which is why I'm usually against any kind of editing/changes from the original version.

The final few CEs capped me off perfectly. I wish we had more events that gave out CE exp.
TIyooolh.png
Wait, what? Please explain.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Questions:
Will I be able to use the Cute Orangette CE's next year as well, similar to the 2018 CE's still being useful this year?
If I understand correctly, I'll be able to get/give exactly the same valentine's gifts in the next 2 years, with the added bonus of them being voiced in 2021? Is that right?
I have done a couple of Saber one's and Jalter and will probably still do Archuria, Tamamo and Merlin. The rest might have to wait until next year.
No, next year's event has completely different mechanics and its own exclusive set of gacha and shop CEs. Though valentine gift CEs themselves will still have a small effect.
And correct on the second point, although you won't have nearly as much control over the order in which you can get the gifts.

---------------

Man, I really don't want to fight Gawain again, even if I have Chloe and (support) Archer Artoria to help this time around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.