• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PunishedOkabe

From a certain point of view, this isn't a copy
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20190221-093153.jpg

This wasn't even a fair fight, Emiya just shredded Salter with crits.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Third's time the charm. After disasterous 1st try, pretty close 2nd, I finally beat Salter on my 3rd try. No command seals too, so I'm pretty satisfied with it (and relieved). It literally took forever tho, 38 turns lol. My team was Kuro, Waver, Support Merlin, Mash, David, and Bond CE Herc.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As long as you have a team hard evades or enough mana drains to mitigate her nps you should be Gucci. Not having much of either was my downfall on my first run.

What's your name in game? I have some random setups I want to trying with Demiya and you're the main guy going for him.

Also we probably should consider changing his name at some point lol.

Halation, not sure if I have you though.

Thinking Of it I've actually never posted my FC here before, its:
if you or anyone else here wants to add me, I don't really add complete randoms much so I have free spots.

I get what you mean about the name though, not a fan of its origin at all, but demiya does flow really well off the tongue.

Dangle

Oct 25, 2017
if you or anyone else here wants to add me, I don't really add complete randoms much so I have free spots.

I get what you mean about the name though, not a fan of its origin at all, but demiya does flow really well off the tongue.
Sent a request. Name is Dangle in-game.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
As long as you have a team hard evades or enough mana drains to mitigate her nps you should be Gucci. Not having much of either was my downfall on my first run.

Sweet, sent you a request (conveniently had 1 space available). Alkez in game.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Jrod having to use seals makes me a bit uncomfortable regarding my own chances of clearing the CQ...

Its not too bad if you are willing to use seals.

I cleared it with using command seal revive, but I did take a sort of fun team along. Used my own Chloe, Waver and Tamamo, was not expecting the caster focus at all. Took a support Chloe who got grailed to 100 to see what it was like, as well as Pirate Twin Archers and a Saint George who wanted bond points lol. On the plus side, I managed cast Carribean Firebird at 1 HP. On the minus side it did only 70K with no buffs cos they all expired.

Fun fight overall

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Round 2, using Emiya as DPS instead of David, went flawlessly. Backline didn't matter because they didn't get called in. Took 29 turns.

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
I hate myself so I took Mash Jeanne and friend Tamamo. Tama got killed during the last bar and got her all the way down to having 13k hp left before just wiping. Had to use seal

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Its not too bad if you are willing to use seals.

I cleared it with using command seal revive, but I did take a sort of fun team along. Used my own Chloe, Waver and Tamamo, was not expecting the caster focus at all. Took a support Chloe who got grailed to 100 to see what it was like, as well as Pirate Twin Archers and a Saint George who wanted bond points lol. On the plus side, I managed cast Carribean Firebird at 1 HP. On the minus side it did only 70K with no buffs cos they all expired.

Fun fight overall
Naw you good. I just had some unfortunate targating. Salter loved going after Tamamo.
Well, I'm finally back home and gave the CQ's a try.
Failed against Gawain due to some bad cards. Didn't help that the support Orion I had relied on had no starting NP.
In my 2nd attempt I went with Jrod's Orion that is using a MLB'd Halloween Princess, so that helped. My frontline consisted of Archuria, Tamamo, Orion sup.

I initially didn't plan to do the final CQ as well today, but oh well. But I did it the shameful way by using Jalter + double Merlin again. Even more embarassing is the fact that I still had to use a single NP seal at the end to avoid any risks of Salter wiping off my remaining Archuria and Chloe. The 2nd Merlin wasn't max skilled...
At least it's done.
Maybe I'll play around with some more "honest" team composition in the next few days...

qon

Oct 25, 2017

Sent. IGN same as here.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
A bit of a phone hardware question: if anyone here uses an Android phone with a screen notch, how does FGO handle the display? Does it go almost fullscreen in landscape but just leave blank the sliver of screen that's in line with the notch?

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
The early memorial quests are so easy with a good friend lol. Poor LArturia alter got rekt by my friends Musashi in 3 turns.

I have Orion so I'm not too worried about Gawain. But what I'm lacking is levels and skills atm. It really sucks to miss out on a turn because your skill cools down the turn after.

I really need to 10/10/10 a servant soon.

Oct 25, 2017
Well if anyone does go, I was just going to make the same request as Halation re: photos. Stuff like this will never happen in the UK so I gotta live vicariously through you all.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
WTF @ this Break Bars bullshit?!

Saber Alter just went from 650K -> 900K -> 1.5M

Is this gonna be the norm from now on???
The presence of break bars, yes, will be the norm. HP levels as high as Salter's won't be, though. Even in this year's Nerofest, we won't get enemies with break bars and that much HP. It will be one or the other.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
WTF @ this Break Bars bullshit?!

Saber Alter just went from 650K -> 900K -> 1.5M

Is this gonna be the norm from now on???

Break bars were implemented pretty much solely to counter the bullshit you can do with double Merlin. Because its a gatcha game that people put money into, they can't nerf any characters under any circumstances, so they do stuff like this.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Break bars were implemented pretty much solely to counter the bullshit you can do with double Merlin. Because its a gatcha game that people put money into, they can't nerf any characters under any circumstances, so they do stuff like this.

Didn't they nerf Merlin's np heal because it was too much?

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ran Merlin, Fluffy tail and Squirtoria and manage to beat salter without any deaths or command spells being used.
2019-02-21.jpg

Last edited:

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they nerf Merlin's np heal because it was too much?
Sort of. His support version has an initial heal that playable Merlin doesn't have, but the HP regen of playable Merlin is tied to NP level instead of overcharge so NP2+ Merlin is more worthwhile.

So he's better for big whales or people with whale friends, otherwise you could consider him "nerfed" a little.

eutrophied

Oct 29, 2017
losing it over this salter quest. i don't think i'll be able to finish without command seals + quartz due to my lack of a good dps archer. i'm running merlin, david, support tamamo (who i need bc merlin's invincibility skill isn't maxed yet), tristan, arash, and mash. her np isn't the problem it's the crits. she's sometimes killing tamamo or merlin like 5 turns in.

also i was watching old runs linked on gamepress and that double merlin grailed arash team has such a great payoff. arash eviscerates almost the entirety of that last break bar. truly a hero's hero.

eutrophied

Oct 29, 2017
if i could do it with just 3 seals i'd be good. i'm really just trying to avoid using quartz. it's the fact that i'd have to use the seals so early in the fight (the whole team is consistently dying about 1/3-1/2 into the second break bar) that makes me hesitant to commit. might try double merl for a bit instead. stall team will probably be the next option after that actually. thanks.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I ran Ishtar tamamo and support Merlin and I had his invincibility up for every np and managed to heal off the damage till the very end.

You just need to get the NP train going. It mostly takes care of itself once you got it going.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
I ran Ishtar tamamo and support Merlin and I had his invincibility up for every np and managed to heal off the damage till the very end.

You just need to get the NP train going. It mostly takes care of itself once you got it going.
Yeah I second the NP train going being important to the whole fight. Using the mystic code that drops cooldowns for all the skills of a single servant right on the first turn on Waver makes a huge difference.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I like how I did things backwards and all my SSRs are top level while the good low tier servants that are hella useful can barely survive or don't have their skills upgraded. ;_;

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
losing it over this salter quest. i don't think i'll be able to finish without command seals + quartz due to my lack of a good dps archer. i'm running merlin, david, support tamamo (who i need bc merlin's invincibility skill isn't maxed yet), tristan, arash, and mash. her np isn't the problem it's the crits. she's sometimes killing tamamo or merlin like 5 turns in.
Wait, if you're running David, then why would it matter if your Merlin's invincibility isn't maxed out? David gives you a third option to protect the team from Salter's NP. Even at level one, Illusion and Harp of Healing should, with another maxed Illusion, be able to provide full coverage for her NPs (unless you get really bad luck with her charging, but I think that's scripted).

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Why would you not want to use seals? That's why they are there.
I guess the main thing is that you need to be able to break the first two bars before using them. At this point the player only has one chance to use them because of the time limit.
I like how I did things backwards and all my SSRs are top level while the good low tier servants that are hella useful can barely survive or don't have their skills upgraded. ;_;
I feel like that's the standard way to do it lol. At least it is for me.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, if you're running David, then why would it matter if your Merlin's invincibility isn't maxed out? David gives you a third option to protect the team from Salter's NP. Even at level one, Illusion and Harp of Healing should, with another maxed Illusion, be able to provide full coverage for her NPs (unless you get really bad luck with her charging, but I think that's scripted).

She crits really hard at a certain point if you don't get the tamamo+Merlin heal train going.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I used my command seals on Gawain. Archuria has a big problem with her charge down affect being inconsistent.

eutrophied

Oct 29, 2017
well, did it with no seals. double merlin was the trick. also having both david and tristan was a great safety net. switching them w the plugsuit saved me at one point.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
It refreshes even when you're in battle? Never noticed it, though just recently I read in a guide about using 4 seals in a CQ which blew me away.
The guide didn't explain how do to do this, so I thought that the only way to do so was by starting the game before the seal refresh, using the 3 seals followed by closing the app in midbattle and then resuming after the seal refresh.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Pride. Same reason why you don't use max elixirs in JRPGs despite saving them up for "the right moment".
I get what you're saying but a lot of players use double Merlin so I'm not sure how much pride fgo players have lol.
Time limit in upcoming CQ's with break bars? Or did I miss a time limit in this one?
The CQ expires in 3 days. When JRod did it he left enough time to be able to use all 3 seals again before the event ends. If a player uses them now they won't refresh in time, and if you're relying on them to win you need to wait until you're sure you can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.