• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
2019-03-18.jpg
Got room for 6 people on my FL. Let me know your IGN so I can add the right person.

Would you be willing to add a new player so I can leach off of all your high level stuff? Or you looking for high level stuff only right now?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Question: what would people say is the minimum amount of resources for a player to spend to get the banner 5* and you think "that's a fair result"?

I know that question is poorly worded but I can't think of a better way to say it. Basically I feel like when players get lucky (few tickets or a single 10 roll) there's some negative reaction, so I'm wondering how much does a player need to spend for it to be ok to post their success? I know not everyone feels negatively about it and for them any success post is fine, but just curious what the consensus is on what is considered a "fair" amount.
I'm fine with people posting their successes, rather it be a 3SQ single-pull or one free ticket. I'd much rather hear positive news as to someone getting what they want here than a failure, especially since so many of us are in-game friends with each other so we all benefit (and even if we aren't, the community here is so nice it's always cool to see him/her get what they were after). Obviously it's a little depressing when you go all-out for someone and fail to get them (spending much more than someone did on a single lucky pull), such as I did with Merlin, but it's all gacha life. You kind of have to roll with it and hope the future pulls go better.

Whenever I see these 2+ SSR on a single 10-roll I always wonder why it doesn't ever happen to me :<, on the other hand, seeing shit like what happened to Chrono with Merlin scares the shit outta me and I genuinely feel bad for them, specially if they're F2P and dumped their whole haul only to get out empty handed, it happened to me and it fucking sucks.
I still wake up screaming at night, although not quite as common. Merlin is a cruel man.

Would you be willing to add a new player so I can leach off of all your high level stuff? Or you looking for high level stuff only right now?
Feel free to add me if you want, I always save a few slots for new players here.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
ID is: 523,795,693

Thanks guys!
BTW for the event, I would recommend focusing on getting Guda-o event CE to help you get event points for Nobu. After getting the Guda-o event CE, get all the Golden skull ascension materials in the shop to ascend Nobu. There hasnt been a rerun of this event according to the Jp schedule currently. So if you miss out on a Golden skull, your nobu wont be able to hit the max lvl for SR servants.

Ideal you would want to get all the Nobu copies to get her to NP lvl 5.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks guys!
Sent you a friend request.

To add on to the event advice: Focus on getting the Guda-o CEs that you get for bronze and silver currency first (farm the first and second free nodes). It's much easier to get that amount of bronze/silver currency than gold. That will let you run the daily points quest with a better points boost. Also, if it is at all possible, bring a friend's Okita with the MLB Guda-o equipped (should say she gives a boost of 160%) to the daily quest. If you're having trouble with the event story, I expect that Cu Alter with Volumen Hydrargyrum should be able to handle it, for the most part (I have one in my Berserker slot, always use his second skill on the first turn).

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Maybe he gets more character in the future but Sumanai is so boring from what I watch in Apocrypha, that the only character more staler than him was Sieg. On the bright side, after getting over of my disappointment, I now realize I have a pupper to give to Nursery Rhyme.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Thanks guys!
I just levelled up so I have one free slot. Will drop you a request. Alkez in game.
BTW for the event, I would recommend focusing on getting Guda-o event CE to help you get event points for Nobu. After getting the Guda-o event CE, get all the Golden skull ascension materials in the shop to ascend Nobu. There hasnt been a rerun of this event according to the Jp schedule currently. So if you miss out on a Golden skull, your nobu wont be able to hit the max lvl for SR servants.

Ideal you would want to get all the Nobu copies to get her to NP lvl 5.
Agreed with this. Nobu is a great F2P servant and in some ways a mini Gil. If you can get her and level her, a team of her, Mash, and a friend Merlin will be a great starting team.
I continue being impressed by Cleopatra's NP generation. Probably my favorite Assassin right now. Not having her NP2 feels like a waste though.
Yeah Cleo is sick. I was struggling to build my all purpose Assassin team (one I can take into any rider node blind) until I realised how good Cleo is. That 30% buster buff overcharge is no joke, and she gets her NP pretty quickly. I've now built my team around her and I'm really happy with it, especially as it also has FA and Shiki, my 3 favourite assassins.

Last edited:

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not unhappy, I'm just jealous as all hell. It's painful to read constant success stories when you've put in the same amount of resources but have half the results to speak of overall.

That's why gacha is bad.

Maybe he gets more character in the future but Sumanai is so boring from what I watch in Apocrypha, that the only character more staler than him was Sieg.

Even his voice lines are so utterly... Bland. Ugliest sprite in the game too, between that and his 3rd form it looks like a deviant art reject.

His animation update is pretty dece tho.

Last edited:

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not unhappy, I'm just jealous as all hell. It's painful to read constant success stories when you've put in the same amount of resources but have half the results to speak of overall.

I can understand that. I kinda deal with it differently where I'm more upset per roll and then I go straight to acceptance that my luck is currently shit, separating my results from whatever everyone else gets. I'll agree that it sucks in that light though.

Yeah Cleo is sick. I was struggling to build my all purpose Assassin team (one I can take into any rider node blind) until I realised how good Cleo is. That 30% buster buff overcharge is no joke, and she gets her NP pretty quickly. I've now built my team around her and I'm really happy with it, especially as it also has FA and Shiki, my 3 favourite assassins.

I was eager to get Cleo when she released (guess how that went). She seems like such a solid assassin. I'm doomed to use her on friend lists for now though lol.

Someone released a controller tweak for jailbroken iPhones. So while I currently can't play FGO on my phone (LOL), I am at least able to use a PS4 controller to play Fate/Extra on the go.

Oh dam, I also am playing Fate/Extra (just started) AND Fate/Extella. I spent 2 painstaking weeks hacking my PSTV so I could load everything from my 8GB poverty vita card/MS Pro Duo onto a USB stick and forget about space management. Looking forward to completing P3P 100% on a TV as well one day.

On another note, Fate/Extella is exhibit A on why you should just give all your franchise notes to Koei and have them make a musou game for you instead of fucking around with your own.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
You know what hurts? When the game crashes, you try to resume and you're faced with a never ending loading screen. Time to say good bye to 40 AP.
Thankfully, only the 2nd time that happened to me. And I usually have a couple of crashes per day on my old iPad 4.
Oh dam, I also am playing Fate/Extra (just started) AND Fate/Extella. I spent 2 painstaking weeks hacking my PSTV so I could load everything from my 8GB poverty vita card/MS Pro Duo onto a USB stick and forget about space management. Looking forward to completing P3P 100% on a TV as well one day.

On another note, Fate/Extella is exhibit A on why you should just give all your franchise notes to Koei and have them make a musou game for you instead of fucking around with your own.
Forgot that it released today. Is the gameplay that bad? Well, as long as the story is fun.

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I can understand that. I kinda deal with it differently where I'm more upset per roll and then I go straight to acceptance that my luck is currently shit, separating my results from whatever everyone else gets. I'll agree that it sucks in that light though.

I was eager to get Cleo when she released (guess how that went). She seems like such a solid assassin. I'm doomed to use her on friend lists for now though lol.

As long as you can provide her with good support using a friend Cleo isn't so bad. I use T-rex's and Semblance's, and tbh it's better as both of theirs are NP2+ which really helps due to her NP being aoe. Both usually have HND which is the CE I want in the team comp I'm running so it works out. It would be difficult for me to acquire my own Cleo with multiple NP levels so I'm fine with it.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you all for the invites. REALLY helps grinding out stuff that is beyond my current level...

I'm slowly grinding the current event out. But man do I need to level my actual servants up! I've been doing some reading up on "beginner guides" and "new player stuff", but there's a surprising lack of info out there for it. Maybe you guys can help answer some questions I've got!

• Where do I get CE at outside of the gacha? I was reading about efficient leveling of your CE, but I don't really know where to find them.
  • Is it ever worth enhancing with "off" materials? Like my Heracles...Should I only bother feeding him Berserker mats or should I just pump him up as high as I can?
  • Should I focus on the story at all right now or just grind event stuff + daily mat fodder? There's a LOT of stuff to burn my AP on, so I want to be as relatively efficient as possible.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you all for the invites. REALLY helps grinding out stuff that is beyond my current level...

I'm slowly grinding the current event out. But man do I need to level my actual servants up! I've been doing some reading up on "beginner guides" and "new player stuff", but there's a surprising lack of info out there for it. Maybe you guys can help answer some questions I've got!

• Where do I get CE at outside of the gacha? I was reading about efficient leveling of your CE, but I don't really know where to find them.
  • Is it ever worth enhancing with "off" materials? Like my Heracles...Should I only bother feeding him Berserker mats or should I just pump him up as high as I can?
  • Should I focus on the story at all right now or just grind event stuff + daily mat fodder? There's a LOT of stuff to burn my AP on, so I want to be as relatively efficient as possible.

-You get CEs from events as well. The GUDAO CE in this event is pretty solid so at least pick up one copy.

-Same class gives the most exp, but overall it's not that big a difference if you just want to use any exp you have.

-I would focus this event to try and get all the Nobu copies and her Ascension materials (the skulls in the shop) because she's a good servant to have.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017

CEs come from events, the gacha, and the friend point gacha. You get 1 free FP gacha 10 roll per day. Do this as you can get up to 3* servants, XP cards, and Fous (additional stats) too. Outside of that free pull you can summon on the FP gacha using Friend Points. These are acquired by people using your servants, so it's a good idea to add some random low levels as well as they'll be more likely to use your guys. Also some events come with CEs that are just used for leveling other CEs like in this event (the Nobu and the Okita cards).

You get extra xp leveling your servants with the correct class xp card/an all xp card, but for now just use everything. You don't have many servants so you need to get them up asap. If you want to be effic.ient save the ones that you have strong servants of (ie archer cards for Nobu).

Focus on the event. Your priority should be getting Nobu and her ascension mats, and if possible all 5 copies of her. She will be a valuable servant to have as a new player.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
I do not think new players are really going to make a lot of progress on this event to earn a meaningful amount of rewards........

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I do not think new players are really going to make a lot of progress on this event to earn a meaningful amount of rewards........
This event was made originally for the games early life so this one isn't hard on that end. Focus on her Ascension materials in the shop and you should be able to at least NP3 he going on the points ladder.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
If a 4* buster crit archer isn't a meaningful reward for a new player then I'm not really sure what is tbh. With friend 2030 Merlins, Hans, and Mash she's very easy to support and will help a new player for a long time.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Where do I get CE at outside of the gacha? I was reading about efficient leveling of your CE, but I don't really know where to find them.
There isn't really one. You can get some fodder CEs from the friend point gacha, along with some lower-rarity (but not necessarily lower-tier) Servants. You get a free 10-pull on it each day after the first reset (5 pm PDT).
Is it ever worth enhancing with "off" materials? Like my Heracles...Should I only bother feeding him Berserker mats or should I just pump him up as high as I can?
You might as well when just starting out.
Should I focus on the story at all right now or just grind event stuff + daily mat fodder? There's a LOT of stuff to burn my AP on, so I want to be as relatively efficient as possible.
I'd recommend focusing on the event. This is the last chance to get Nobu and her mats.

In the interest of full disclosure, the SE.RA.PH event will be coming sometime around mid-April to early-May, and it's locked behind having Part 1 (the seven singularities and the boss stage) complete. It will have a good welfare Servant (B.B.) of its own, so that might make you want to focus on the story. Then again, it's supposedly a fairly difficult event, so even if you rushed the story I'm not sure a new player could manage the event and it would be a shame to skip out on Nobu only to not get B.B. It will come back, eventually, but not for almost two years. It's up to you how you want to prioritize your AP usage.

Aquila

Oct 27, 2017

Too lazy to link a pic but here's my fc if you need yet another boring Merlin support. 615 833 788

Minus praying to the gacha. Events will always have ce's to buy in their shops or as very rare random drops. These will typically be your bread and butter unless you're graced by 2030's or kaleidoscopes. Keep watch for dragon's meridian, battle of camlann, and jeweled sword 3* ce's from the friend point gacha though since they are very useful for their cost.

Don't worry about leveling ce's for the time being. You'll mlb your ce's by feeding four of the same ce to a fifth. Then you get to enjoy making ce bombs

Heracles will get more xp from berserker xp cards than say, a saber. Try to match xp cards with servants if you can to save time, qp, and total xp cards.

Concentrate on the event right now to get level 80 np5 Nobu or she's gone forever for the time being. Afterwards just grab what you can from the event shop. Your master level should be going up so fast that you can xp grind too. In between events, have fun rushing story so you can do CCC event in a month.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
The only disappointment for me in this game with pulls has been LAlteria so far. Mostly cause I tried so hard but didn't get her. But I'm fairly satisfied with where I am and just need a good Lancer to round up my family.

On another note, WTF with the half AP training Grounds. Wait till the event is over lol.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Nobu is anti Rider/ anti divine which is really good for the hardest singularity Camelot.

Dangle

Oct 25, 2017

- Adding to the above, there's a promotion still going for the Chaldea Boys Collection mini event that lets you pick a CE for free from the 2018 and 2019 selections. I often see "Teacher and I" and " Conversation on the Hot Sands" considered the consensus best of their respective years. You can find more info about the pool of CEs for each here (2018) and here (2019). If you find one that appeals to you more, that's okay too! "Teacher and I" can be helpful early on with its 50% NP gauge boost, though.

- Plenty of people like to hoard xp cards of a specific type for servants they're anticipating, but considering you're just getting your footing, I'd dump all the xp stuff and stat boosting fou cards into the servants of your choice for now. How you choose to divvy out all that stuff will come naturally with time.

- Since you just started and we still have a little over a week left in the GudaGuda event, my thinking would be to focus on building up enough of the event points to get the 100k point copy of Oda Nobunaga so that you can keep her past the event. While going for the points, focus on the bronze and silver currency Guda-o CEs in the shop as well as the Golden Skulls in order to level Nobunaga up. If you weren't time crunched for a solid starting free unit, I'd advise spending all your AP going through story while AP overflows from Master Levels are still happening frequently. But in a special case like this, jumping back and forth between the GudaGuda event and maybe going to the early level Ember Gathering daily quests for xp cards might be a more optimal choice for now. Also, as a heads up, the upcoming GudaGuda 2 event requires you to have completed the Fuyuki singularity, which is pretty short.

Lastly, check out gamepress, as linked earlier in the post for NA specific guides and info, as well as Cirnopedia for a catch-all place that combines NA and JP server info. The era discord also has a guide channel that's pretty far reaching from general tips to event guides as well.

Last edited:

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are awesome, thank you so much!

Time to burn my AP on this event!
Make sure you do that 1AP quest from the event everyday. Just with that you should get at least a couple copies of Nobu. The enemies in the 1AP quest are really weak and it should be easy for your herc to tell take them down.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
More importantly than the extra copies of Nobu make sure to get the Golden Skulls. Shes worthless without those.

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't tried it but hero creation on arash should be enough for the first wave right? Then it'll be the same 3t as everything else.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Like honestly I'm not appling the bronze node because i pretty much got what I want from it (only got the fous left and I frankly don't really care about HP fous) so I don't care about 3Ting it at all.

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh I'm not appleing anything, I just wouldn't be able to bother otherwise, I've already wasted a few days of AP barring the daily so far.

Oct 25, 2017
As long as you can provide her with good support using a friend Cleo isn't so bad. I use T-rex's and Semblance's, and tbh it's better as both of theirs are NP2+ which really helps due to her NP being aoe. Both usually have HND which is the CE I want in the team comp I'm running so it works out. It would be difficult for me to acquire my own Cleo with multiple NP levels so I'm fine with it.
Always makes me happy seeing Cleo get some love haha. She's amazing. She's not exactly broken tier, but she still hits stupidly hard and is just really fun to use.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

I rerolled during the first Halloween event and didn't have any trouble at all clearing everything in this event's original run (which was immediately after that). And supports were much, much weaker back then.

Wait, what. Doesn't it give around 20K honnoji points without the CEs?

They scale up dramatically as the event goes on. The last few give huge amounts of points.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Question: what would people say is the minimum amount of resources for a player to spend to get the banner 5* and you think "that's a fair result"?

I know that question is poorly worded but I can't think of a better way to say it. Basically I feel like when players get lucky (few tickets or a single 10 roll) there's some negative reaction, so I'm wondering how much does a player need to spend for it to be ok to post their success? I know not everyone feels negatively about it and for them any success post is fine, but just curious what the consensus is on what is considered a "fair" amount.

I think its ok to post your luck, but I reserve the right to grumble at it XD. I think anywhere from 210 - 450 SQ is normal, any less and you got lucky, any more is bad luck. This is of course assuming no other 5* stuff of note. If you complain about taking 600SQ to get the banner 5* while getting spooked by 2x 2030s, a Kaleidoscope, Waver and Tamamo, you need to be more realistic about gacha rates.

Added. Nick is Draggyrider.

CE XP comes from events like this (the Okita and Nobu CEs), as well as 1 and 2* CEs from Friend point roll (you get 1 10-roll a day, and it has a secret servant inside you can't get elsewhere). As for actual CEs that are good, you'd want 3* and up, some from FP roll, some from gacha, and some from events (like Guda-O). Many of the Event CEs are very good, plus you can max limit break them which makes them comparable to gacha ones.

Up to you. Some people like to get a team high level as fast as they can, but you'll eventually need to get good servants of every class max level (lategame story missions and challenge quests are not simple even for a max level part). One road block to leveling is ascension materials, which you use to increase the level limit of your servants. Herc goes up to 80 (in 10 level chunks), and the best way to get them is events. So pump Herc up, then when you reach a roadblock with materials, look to get a full team.

Event first, occasionally swapping to XP to keep levelling your servants. As mentioned, ascension mats are rare, so you want to get as many from events as you can. You should have plenty of AP when new. Also, if you need XP, get a friend to carry you for the 40 AP one, since its a lot more efficient that the other 3 levels.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I go ushi, Musashi and support okita (thanks for putting the MLB ce on her T-Rex. ) All event CEs. Mage's association. Seriously, even if they only have Ushi's NP up both Musashi and okita are more than capable of generating their NP to blow Benkei out of the water in the final wave. Around 6 turns too

Status
Not open for further replies.