• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
That's cool. I hope DW can implement that for us sooner rather than later.

Oct 25, 2017
Do we all think they'll announce the super succ campaign etc tomorrow? There's that panel tomorrow where I'm thinking they'll announce that and the halloween re-run. I'm really hoping we get the campaign during nerofest and not after.

PSA for JP players (that hasn't cleared Fuyuki).

30 crystals for FGO winning awards in TGS. But you need to clear Fuyuki Singularity by 9/22 3.59 AM JST.

https://news.fate-go.jp/2018/0921TGS18/
They really stepped up with the generosity in the last year or so. I barely touched JP since NA was released yet whenever I logged in I still had SQ coming out my ass thanks to the stage play, convention, stream quartz etc.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Fiuhhh, finally beat the last challenge. After numerous tries, fucking finally! My winning team in the end consisted of:
- Raikou (MLB White Rose)
- Rider Martha
- St. George
- Mash
- Support Gilgamesh (MLB White Rose)
- Herc (Bond CE)

I managed winning without using command seals, but it was really close fight. It really was. Pretty much down to Herc's last guts, so yeah... Thankfully, Nero went down at the perfect time giving guts to empty air.

Anyway,

Most favorite: Hassans fight
Least favorite: Medb fight
Hardest: Nero & friends (without doubt lol)
Easiest: Siegfried, i guess...

Armtiage

Oct 27, 2017
Beat it but had to use command seals:
ec8SSVL.jpg
Used a support Waver to help keep Ibaraki alive and to NP charge for Jack and Amakusa. Messed up the timing and killed Ozy too early when Nero had her NP right around the corner. Kuro had to solo Medea in the end with the help of some command seals. If I didn't mess up that timing with Ozy, Jack and Kuro would have survived longer and would be doable without seals.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I thought you were referring to the 30Qtz for winning some game awards.
I was talking about the faster box animations. As for the 30 quarts I see no reason why we couldn't also get that, but I'm hoping we at least get more things like the Australia panel quartz to make up for it.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd recommend saving exp to level up servants that have rank up quests tbh. I mean, you're probably never going to use them, but the 7m downloads campaign will have 1/2 strengthening quests and that's a lot of SQ just sitting there.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
It would be cool to get another free servant ticket. Even if it's still the old pool I'd like to get Martha after seeing her team debuff cleanse do work.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Looking at the servants I wanna get and level, they all seem to be crazy resource hogs.

Pirate Archers wants 180 chains. MHXA wants 110 medals. I just depleted my medal stock for Rider Mordred who ate 88 medals....

I wanna reward Martha and Medea Lily for their MVP performance this Nerofests, but seeds and hearts are in short supply thanks to Tamamo (both versions) and Waver eating them all.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
I'd recommend saving exp to level up servants that have rank up quests tbh. I mean, you're probably never going to use them, but the 7m downloads campaign will have 1/2 strengthening quests and that's a lot of SQ just sitting there.

I only do rank-up quests for servants that I use. I'm not willing to spend valuable mats and embers on unappealing/weak servants.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017

Hmm, this could be interesting. 3 hours? Damn, looks like I wont be sleeping tonight...

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
In the next days till 4th of october I'll have very limited internet access in case you see me being inactive for some days during this period, ofc it's fine if you remove me from FL anyway, IGN is Setsuna.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
The Caster class is primarily a support by bolstering the strengths of comrades with their skills and arts and is not personified by the titular hero(ine) Arturia Pendragon (yet). They tout their strength with the lowest attack in the game (with a lower attack modifier) and average HP.
Caster Nero?

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Got it on my second try, used the same comp my first try but made a lot of stupid mistakes like using invincibility the same turn a poison tick, wasting guts ability in the the ce guts, etc would kill me etc and ultimately ended it one guts away from winning on herc.

Second time was pretty clean, herc was un touched, archuria was almost at full health, cu alter still had a full PoF and both guts (though he was at 1 hp from a poison tick).

I dunno if Jo Jo X is someone from here, but u da mvp.

Zero command seals on this, but I had to use a CS to salvage a Petal node earlier when everything rng'd wrong.

I can finally MLB my CE now too.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Sure, but if you just factor in the bronze and silvers that's almost 28SQ (assuming you haven't done any so far). Most people would also at least have one or two of the golds so that's basically a 10 roll.

I have 17 remaining, so I've done quite a few already. I'll probably take Medusa to 4th stage, since she's not far.

In the next days till 4th of october I'll have very limited internet access in case you see me being inactive for some days during this period, ofc it's fine if you remove me from FL anyway, IGN is Setsuna.

Well, at least you'll be back for the events! You've been extremely helpful for so many of us.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
In that case, make sure to get the Roman master mission done while you can.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
Tough fight. Was not using outside info so it took longer than I wanted to figure out what all the servants did and what kill order made the most sense. Team was Ibaraki/Raikou/Waver/Mash/Rider Martha/Kuro. Martha was more for safety than anything else. Really been surprised at how much heavy lifting Ibaraki has been doing for the event. She doesn't feel overpowered or anything, just really well rounded between damage and defense with utility around buffs/debuffs. If she was NP2+ I think she would be a pretty easy grail candidate but unfortunately that is not the case so I'm going to wind up hoarding my grails still...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Question for everyone:

Who should I get to level 100 next: Archuria NP3, Gilgamesh NP1, Cu Alter NP1, or Raikou NP1? I use all of them a bunch and I'm kinda stumped on which one to max level after Jalter is done.
I'd go for Raikou personally, but then I'm biased towards her. If you're going for gameplay reasons, I'd choose between her or Cu Alter, as they benefit most from the increased levels. If you're grailing whoever, follow your heart!

I would never!

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Congrats to those folks who managed to clear all exhibitions.

I don't think that I'll be able to do the last one as even cheese tactics seem to require Servants that I don't have access to (e.g. Amakusa NP2), but hopefully I'll at least manage to defeat Siegfried for those 5 Hearts that I need so much.

Will future events have even more difficult challenges? Wouldn't make sense otherwise, though a bit tough for late joiners like me.

Back to petal farming.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Question for everyone:

Who should I get to level 100 next: Archuria NP3, Gilgamesh NP1, Cu Alter NP1, or Raikou NP1? I use all of them a bunch and I'm kinda stumped on which one to max level after Jalter is done.

Nice setup. I should have ran an Arts team.

Raiko or Cu Alter would be more bang for your buck. However I suggest to spread the grails around lower rarity servants than taking SSRs to 100.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

Raiko or Cu Alter would be more bang for your buck. However I suggest to spread the grails around lower rarity servants than taking SSRs to 100.
I've already got Cu to 90 and Ushi to 80, though I consider this a waste since Kintoki Rider is just her but way better.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I think Cu Alter would be the best choice gameplaywise since its hard to replace his niche whereas Raikou falls below Dantes now in her field.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Welp, decided to roll as I needed a Saber, and while gold I don't know how to feel about getting a third gold Archer in a roll.

khtcYkWh.jpg

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Nice roll with two SR Archers. Your 3rd one is Kuro?
That's the class where I have the most gold Servants as well. Kuro, Emiya and Archuria.
Or did you mean 3 in a row? :D

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Nice roll with two SR Archers. Your 3rd one is Kuro?
That's the class where I have the most gold Servants as well. Kuro, Emiya and Archuria.
Or did you mean 3 in a row? :D
Yep, third gold archer. She's nice, but I want more variety as my gold servants is comprise of only casters, archers, and assassins. Also doesn't help that I wasted all my archer gems leveling up Archuria skills.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think Cu Alter would be the best choice gameplaywise since its hard to replace his niche whereas Raikou falls below Dantes now in her field.
Yeah, but Dantes relies heavily on a servant that is 2 years away. Merlin is coming at the end of the year.

I'm leaning on Raikou now due to already having a 98 soon to be 100 Jalter NP2, so I have a good ST servant. And Cu Alter's strengths are his PfA and Guts, with damage being second. I can delay getting him to 100 if need be for now.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but Dantes relies heavily on a servant that is 2 years away. Merlin is coming at the end of the year.

I'm leaning on Raikou now due to already having a 98 soon to be 100 Jalter NP2, so I have a good ST servant. And Cu Alter's strengths are his PfA and Guts, with damage being second. I can delay getting him to 100 if need be for now.
It sounds like you've made up your mind. Raikou is great, you won't regret it.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Funny how Skadi made him go from "who cares" to "holy shit he's amazing". God bless her.
I mean, I cared about him because he had a cool story first and foremost. I've pretty much mained him since America. The fact that he has a future only cements my decision to invest in him.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got around to really doing the event. only up to box 7 and only done Herc and Sumanai challenge quests so far (Overtime + FFXIV patch has been eating up a lot of my gacha time) but I fully intend to do some work on them this weekend and clear up the quests, finish up the Bronze medals and burn a dozen or so gold apples on the roulette. At least I'm totally done with gold medals and almost done with silver.

After I find out who my 5* Archer will be from the holiday banner later this year and hopeful visits from Cleopatra and Merlin, I'll be set for a long time for mats outside hoarding for Napolean/Skadi and CE spook memes. I kinda want Dantes as well but I already have Jalter so I'm not gonna spend too many resources on him, unless I actually get the afformentioned two without much trouble (Dantes came right before Jalter and Iskandar events last year, was the worst possible time for me to spend anything on him).

I was going to recommend Cu Alter as well (I am in the process of getting him to 100 myself now that he's NP2) but Raikou definitely isn't a bad choice, especially since you have Jalter up there already. Cu Alter is the one dmg servant who I can bring into any boss and expect work to get done, no stray missiles or piercing attacks making him sweat (much) so he lives waaay longer than he should (and keeps smashing the whole time). I have Raikou too but her more traditional Berserker weaknesses mean more specific team comps than I tend to enjoy using since my overall resources are still spread a bit thin. Of course, any fight where you can keep Raikou alive means it doesn't matter how many enemies are on screen, and Cuzilla sucks for farming so she's more well rounded there too.

Vctor182

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the recommendations everyone.
I've already got Cu to 90 and Ushi to 80, though I consider this a waste since Kintoki Rider is just her but way better.
Don't sleep on ushi, she's support oriented with good skills. I haven't grail any servant yet but I'm planning to grail in the future
Bedivere, Cu and Ushi to 80
Lartoria, Herc, Ruler Martha and Herc to 90.

Finally a second event CE, need another one to MLB and get the same amount of +6 bonus petals.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
If you have Ozy then Ushi isn't as worthwhile unless you need to keep cost down

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Congrats to those folks who managed to clear all exhibitions.

I don't think that I'll be able to do the last one as even cheese tactics seem to require Servants that I don't have access to (e.g. Amakusa NP2), but hopefully I'll at least manage to defeat Siegfried for those 5 Hearts that I need so much.

Will future events have even more difficult challenges? Wouldn't make sense otherwise, though a bit tough for late joiners like me.

Back to petal farming.

There will be challenges most events, NeroFest is usually the hardest one as far as I can tell.

I'll put EMIYA back on MLB White Rose. That plus your own Jack and Herc should be able to clear the Siegfried challenge quest. As for the finale, still give it a try, its only 1 AP anyway. Looking at your roster, I recommend (tweak depending on cost):

Frontline:

Herc
Cu Alter (support, MLB White Rose)
Medea (Lvl 4 for her first skill lets her Rule Breaker immediately)

Backline
Mash
Archuria (MLB White Rose)
Jack

Mystic Code Atlas
If you don't have MLB White rose, put one each on Herc, Archuria and Jack

Strategy: Take out Jack, Amakusa and Lalter with the berserkers. Wait 1 turn for the poison debuff to come in, then use mystic code cleanse on Herc, and Medea cleanse on Cu Alter. Rule Breaker if Jack tries to evade / to finish her off. Archuria should try to finish off Nero's Guts. When Jack comes in, remove Ozy's buffs so you can kill him with Jack and Archuria. Then finish off Nero, and lastly Medea. Jack has a DEF ignoring NP, so if Imperial Privilege DEF buffs are an issue, Jack NP can get through it.

EDIT: Other CE wise, starting NP would be good

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I cared about him because he had a cool story first and foremost. I've pretty much mained him since America. The fact that he has a future only cements my decision to invest in him.
Let me rephrase myself since I also like his design as well (he's edgier Nagito from DR2). He was constantly at the lowest point of tier lists. Yeah I know, "lol tiers", but he never really had many benefits and honestly, his kit is still kinda mediocre. Having Skadi around makes his quick NP actually terrifying and makes him now a top tier. So people who only care about tier whoring ignored him for years, but are now talking about how he's amazing, all thanks to Skadi. It's pretty funny.

At the end of the day, any servant can work if you really like them.

...except for Mari Hari.

If you have Ozy then Ushi isn't as worthwhile unless you need to keep cost down
And I have Ozy NP2 as well, so yeah, both Ozy and Kintoki Rider have me not using Ushi unless I already have a bunch of other SSRs on the team.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Also don't forget that fairly soon we will start getting mechanics that just plain won't allow us to keep using the same Servant(s) over and over again right away so having multiple strong ones even of the same type isn't really a "waste"

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Berserker is the class that had chosen to visit me the most. I've got raikou, ibaraki, Heracles, Vlad, and tamacat.

Oh and Beowulf too.

Status
Not open for further replies.