• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
Dead weeks in FGO just don't offer anything of value. You can grind the static daily nodes that are absurdly easy for low material returns but it's mostly just like...why...

It's not like I have to be super checked in for the events we've had lately either. Guda Guda was super light on story stuff so you're just grinding the same node for most of the time it's up, and I finished the ladder early even without being very attentive about AP management.

OP
OP
kayos90

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dead weeks make sense in JP. They have to create content and it takes time. Dead weeks in Global is fucking stupid because the content is done and localization is the primary bottleneck. There is no real good incentive for dead weeks. Additionally, they are continually keeping us 2 years behind for money maximization. I know Antiwhippy have said we'd get less SQ if we accelerated but really Aniplex is doing this to maximize money. If they speed up banners and number of banners then Aniplex won't get the maximum amount of money every banner.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno about that, like look at the 2nd week of gudaguda 2. Basically no one was paying for it, and while this pre CCC banner seems to be going better it's not the money maker that was December to February run with banners popping up every fortnight. Basically from Ishtar to MHXA.

If anything they would be making more by accelerating I reckon. Like the saving for eresh peeps, they would be willing to pay, but now much more desperate can you make them with only an additional 4 months worth of sq compared to 8 months? Honestly if they were smart and want to maximise profit they would analyse the least profitable banners on JP vs the most profitable and then accelerate accordingly. No need to keep banners that basically allow players to ignore and save their sq.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've just been farming QP during the dead weeks. They dont really bother me especially since we just came off of back to back events.

This year in general is meh to me until we reach summer.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
Realistically they run an identical schedule to what JP had because it requires the least amount of work and planning on their end.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I have been grinding embers for BB and Kiara, this year is gonna be pretty uninteresting for me outside of CCC and summer.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Shimosa is supposedly some of the best story stuff for EoR (I love Japanese weeb shit so it's right up my alley) and I want to see the shit show that is Agartha.

Balma

Oct 27, 2017
This dead week wouldn't be so bad if they had moved the 1/2 embers/training ground to now instead of during an event. The fuck was that about?

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Also here's the real kicker when it comes to the topic of acceleration. Like I've mentioned previously, if they do like, halving the period of every event (because let's be realistic, cutting the few dead weeks is not really going to do that much, at least not to the pace where we'll actually "catch up"), we would be effectively cutting into the amount of sq we get per banner. But as I've also said, this can be mitigated if they scale the weekly sq rewards according to how much they're accelerating, and halving the event's period might not be too bad of they also scale the amount of playtime or AP needed to complete them. Like those are the only ways I can see doing it that it won't end up shitty for people who were planning on what banners to roll according to schedule.

Thing is, how special are we really to them?

Special enough to risk making the JP fanbase go "hey, how come they seem to be getting even more weekly sq than us" or "hey, how come they get an easier time to finish the event" without really knowing the context?

Or when ignoring that the JP fanbase would care (they may or may not), are we special enough to go through the work needed to make an accelerated schedule?

As we can see, they don't really treat us as that special at all. At least not as special as the JP fanbase.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I think I used to be one of the biggest advocates of removing dead weeks from NA as I really wanted to catch up to JP (to some extent). But this year I just accepted that that was never going and now I'm ok with them. This dead week was much needed tbh, but I feel like the event should be starting tomorrow, not in a week's time. Having 2 dead weeks with absolutely no bonuses is kind of nonsense. I feel like in these weeks NA should have free rein to do something as there's no real need for us to follow JP to this level, but I guess the NA team have no real control whatsoever.

I'm itching to play though. At least my console games are getting played for a bit lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I think some of you guys just want something that FGO has never ever been. I've said it before, if you want hardcore 24/7 grinding then there's E7 or GBF to fill that need. That game has (thankfully) never been FGO.

Of course dead weeks make sense, we've literally seen people complain every single time they do back to back events about being burnt out. On here, the subreddit, the social media pages, the discord servers, everywhere. Shit people were just complaining a few weeks back when we had the Guda re-run followed by Guda2 and the re-run was just bare minimum effort.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I care more about their absolutely dropping of the ball on NA animation updates and some QoL stuff rather than dead weeks. I couldn't give less of a shit about being 2 years behind storywise if it didn't also mean being 2 years behind before seigfriend stops looking like a deviant art reject. And pass me with that 'but the build' bulklshit.

But People complained about Guda because it was a bad boring event, and imo had no business not being amended down to a week.

The worst thing about dead weeks nothing is worth doing unless you're behind on story stuff, mats drop rates are too low, gems are a joke. embers you only get 9 of max and a 2/3rd chance of each ember not being the class you want, and QP is a drop in the puddle. Events are the only things that have any decent payoff progression wise.

And outside of lotteries, it's not like the majority of the time on most events are anymore of a grind than mind numblingly running doors 3 times. And with lotteries grinding is optionally, it's just that they're the only things with a decent payoff for it.

It also doesn't help that it's been a weak ass year with only one event worth mentioning almost 5 months in.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I care more about their absolutely dropping of the ball on NA animation updates and some QoL stuff rather than dead weeks but...

People complained about Guda because it was a bad boring event, and imo had no business not being amended down to a week.

The worst thing about dead weeks nothing is worth doing, mats drop rates are too low, gems are a joke. to embers you only get 9 of max and a 2/3rd chance of each ember not being the class you want, and QP is a drop in the puddle. Events are the only things that have any decent payoff progression wise.

And outside of lotteries, it's not like the majority of the time on most events are anymore of a grind than mind numblingly running doors 3 times.

It also doesn't help that it's been a weak ass year with only one event worth mentioning almost 5 months in.
People also complained that we jumped right into Guda2 after the re-run.

Don't disagree about the animation updates or QoL stuff, but kayos is arguing that dead weeks are dumb and I just don't agree with that. Events absolutely are more of a grind though because unless you're a mega whale who's going to use apples for refills and thus will fill in CE slots with kaleidos etc, it's inevitably going to take you longer to run the nodes because of the event CEs. The points node was taking me like 10 turns in the latest Guda, doors takes me like a minute if that with a mindless 3 turn clear.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I care more about their absolutely dropping of the ball on NA animation updates and some QoL stuff rather than dead weeks. I couldn't give less of a shit about being 2 years behind storywise if it didn't also mean being 2 years behind before seigfriend stops looking like a deviant art reject. And pass me with that 'but the build' bulklshit.
Pretty much this, I wouldn't mind being 2 year late too much if it wasn't for animation updates.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
I mean there is a middle ground between the gross multihour daily grind in stuff like GBF/E7 and having weeks of zero content or incentive to play beyond logging in. FGO active events have nowhere near the grind other mobile games do so the point is moot anyways. During slower periods of time there is just more going on when it was JP. Livestreams with the voice actors and stuff like April Fools go a long way and NA just gets nothing. Seeing that a Fate Extra CCC collab is coming on NA doesn't provide a window of opportunity to go play the original game to catch up when it's not available/translated. There's no theorycrafting or speculation to do because it's already done. Even though all the content is complete the NA experience somehow winds up being even more poorly paced because of missing pieces and awkward rearrangements the create increased deadtime. Why is stuff like GudaGuda Meiji cut a day short for no reason if we have two dead weeks after?

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I'm happy for dead time. Need a ton more embers to get my servants up to par. Emiya needs to hit 80 so I can hit his power ups. Also need embers for BB.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I'm nearing capacity on embers again already. I really wish I'd thought to keep the Gudaguda2 silver embers before I'd pressed to get them out of the mailbox. I'm going to have to use up a bunch of them to make room for more gold embers. So that's maybe the equivalent of ~33 gold embers down the drain (depending on when SE.RA.PH starts and who I roll).

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People also complained that we jumped right into Guda2 after the re-run.

Don't disagree about the animation updates or QoL stuff, but kayos is arguing that dead weeks are dumb and I just don't agree with that. Events absolutely are more of a grind though because unless you're a mega whale who's going to use apples for refills and thus will fill in CE slots with kaleidos etc, it's inevitably going to take you longer to run the nodes because of the event CEs. The points node was taking me like 10 turns in the latest Guda, doors takes me like a minute if that with a mindless 3 turn clear.

I must have missed it. And I feel like this is getting into specifics but I didn't need to do that node more than once, because it was a pain in the ass and had worse drops, I just swapped between the final nobu and okita nodes respectively which were pretty easy to consistently 4 turn with all castles and 1 mlb mibu, if I had my own waver and mlb'd a castle I don't see why I couldn't somewhat consistently 3T them, the main barrier being how bad Nobu's NP damage is.

Thinking about it, the core issue isn't so much that dead weeks exist, it's that once you've caught up, fgo has no meaningful content to do during these weeks. I've been playing epic seven a bit super casually during said dead weeks, and there's so much side progression stuff with the pvp and endless dungeon and other stuff that, combined with the side stories and how little I play the game, I've made little meaningful progress in the main story (well it doesn't help that I don't care to since it's pretty bad and I couldn't give less of a shit about any of the characters).

Now it's easy to go the other way and have too much to do, which I think E7 might but that might be because I don't play it enough, but fgo isn't even at the starting line of having anything meaningful to do during these periods. The game basically cycles between feast and famine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kayos90

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They need to have that challenge tower up and running at all times. That way you can see how far you can go with your servants.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
And outside of lotteries, it's not like the majority of the time on most events are anymore of a grind than mind numblingly running doors 3 times.
I've seen you write this a few times and I have to ask: are you a whale? I usually wouldn't ask someone of their "status" with the game, but this statement is clearly not true for the majority of players here, yet alone for the the majority of the playerbase as a whole. Sure some events are an easier grind, but unless you barely need anything from the shop each event your statement only makes sense if you have top tier farming servants and event CEs.
They need to have that challenge tower up and running at all times. That way you can see how far you can go with your servants.
This. So much this. Can we just have all the challenge quests available at all times.

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've seen you write this a few times and I have to ask: are you a whale?

Not as far as I know, for the last event my comp for 50% of the point farming was mainly two welfares and I don't have a picture of the other 50% but I think it was the same but with ass shiki, I also cleared the shop barring I think the 3 star XP and a handful of lanterns? I had like 300 so i cba with that mat, but could've if I wanted to but I'm not that anal about it. And the banners I go for unfortunately normally are not event related. I think summer pt2 was the only one so far and yeah the events CEs did make a massive difference there.

Last edited:

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still playing catch-up so I appreciate dead weeks, specially this one with 1/2 AP for story quests :P
I also like to take breaks from time to time to avoid burning out so it's nice to know I won't be missing out on those weeks. Anyway, America done.

Definitely the strongest singularity so far. More consistent writing, some cool moments throughout and Cu makes for an imposing villain, being the most memorable singularity antagonist since Jeanne back in Orleans. I do think it goes on for a bit longer than it should, you could easily cut out some filler here and there without losing much, but then again this is an issue with some of the other singularities as well and at least this one justifies its length better by just being more entertaining. Only in Fate could you ever hope to see presiking Thomas Edison with a lion head and the power of all the United States presidents from future and past cooperating with Nikola Tesla to hold down demonic pillars with the power of science electricity. That little cliffhanger there at the end has me curious to keep going.

America >> Okeanos, Orleans, London > Septem > Prologue

So far, my biggest general issue with the story is the presentation. Some unique CGs like in a real visual novel to depict important scenes, a few more visual effects, "camerawork" and soundtrack variety would go a long way. Well, now finally onto the two singularities I wanted to experience the most ever since I started the game, Camelot and Babylonia... Starting tomorrow as I'm out of AP right now.

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
So far, my biggest general issue with the story is the presentation. Some unique CGs like in a real visual novel to depict important scenes, a few more effects, "camerawork" and soundtrack variety would go a long way.

Well, now finally onto the two singularities I wanted to experience the most ever since I started the game, Camelot and Babylonia

Yorokobe, shounen.

You will get your wish.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
It's always a great feeling to fully level up a servant, as it means I can level up another character, instead. I just need Dante now, before I head into Shinjuku.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Man, did everyone's patience run out at the same time or something? Feels like there was a lot more concentrated bunch of grumbling today.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Man, did everyone's patience run out at the same time or something? Feels like there was a lot more concentrated bunch of grumbling today.

Well it is a dead week for a lot of people. But really, most anyone who has had their account for over 10 months is probably at a point where their teams are fairly set. So they can just farm easily and continue the game that way. They have more backstock of apples and other good CEs too.

Vs new people like me who has to finish up his Chaldea with proper teams and powering up servants in time for coming events. The discussion was brought up and people have the time to kill in talking about it lol.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Farming QP for weeks between events is a bummer.

Not gonna lie tho, currently at 335 million QP, gonna easily reach 800 million by the end of the year.

So many skills and servants to max out~~~

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Summon ticket from daily logins.

Gold sparks.

Fran.

Not even an on banner SR.

Fran

I swear to god SR berserkers love me. NP4 berserkalot, NP2 tamacat, NP2 ibaraki, got all the other SR berserkers too.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
There is almost no reason to play on dead weeks.....
Unless you're like me and have about 70% of the free quests left to do lol.
I think by the seventh day of a dead week most of us are ready/itching for an event. But there was that realisation that we still have another week to go, and that kind of set people off most likely. I was feeling it as well but I didn't want to post about it until I saw everyone else complaining lol.
Summon ticket from daily logins.

Gold sparks.

Fran.

Not even an on banner SR.

Fran

I swear to god SR berserkers love me. NP4 berserkalot, NP2 tamacat, NP2 ibaraki, got all the other SR berserkers too.
It sounds like someone is ready for the Skadi farming strats.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I don't mind dead weeks. Sure the break this time is especially long, but its probably a godsend for newer players trying to clear the story in time for CCC. An extra 7 days means an extra 7 command seals for boss fights. i wouldn't mind if they extended events to fill up the dead weeks though

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Done with the prologue of Fate/Extra.
Umu or Fox waifu?

Annoying that choosing Tamamo apparently makes the game more difficult. Thankfully, I already went with the easier difficulty setting anyways.

Welp got this arrogant guy after 2 single s based on a whim.

Hey, weren't you planning to skip until Raikou? :D Congrats.
Well, I threw in 11 more tickets (21 in total on the two single Gil rate up's) and unfortunately got neither Gil nor any SSR CE's, but 2 Umu's, which is pretty good as well.

Last edited:

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Done with the prologue of Fate/Extra.
Umu or Fox waifu?

Annoying that choosing Tamamo apparently makes the game more difficult. Thankfully, I already went with the easier difficulty setting anyways.

Hey, weren't you planning to skip until Raikou? :D Congrats.
Well, I threw in 11 more tickets (21 in total on the two single Gil rate up's) and unfortunately got neither Gil nor any SSR CE's, but 2 Umu's, which is pretty good as well.

I mean my answer should be no surprise, but the reason my support list in FGO is full of Tamamos in the first place is because of that game. Fate Extra's gameplay is pretty awful but Tamamo singlehandedly kept me playing it.

And yeah it starts off pretty frustrating but she gets really busted later on. Honestly I wish I wasn't so stubborn and I'd just given in and gotten a cheat sheet for enemy random encounters. It's not like rock paper scissors is all that enthralling gameplay-wise.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
But I have around 32 quartz now, might do one final ten roll and a few summons.... maybe.... later.

Decided on one more chance yesterday when Umu Bride was back as rate up.... had enough to do a ten pull and 3 singles.... ten pull first.

Got another copy of Devilish Bodhisattya and.....

MeYy3d8.jpg

Will take that 100%, Umu Bride seeya at Nerofest.

Also got my 6th copy of Liz the single roll right after this, already burned her... unlock the Mona Lisa CE yeah? Or just hold it?

Now it's easy to go the other way and have too much to do, which I think E7 might but that might be because I don't play it enough, but fgo isn't even at the starting line of having anything meaningful to do during these periods.

E7 has auto... while it's probably more grindy than FGO its less time consuming overall since while I type up this post I'm using up a fair chunk of stamina by pressing a button or two every 2-5 minutes. Every daily quest is easily auto'd, even pvp arena quests since you can fight npcs to clear that.

I'm still playing catch-up so I appreciate dead weeks, specially this one with 1/2 AP for story quests :P
I also like to take breaks from time to time to avoid burning out so it's nice to know I won't be missing out on those weeks. Anyway, America done.

I also appreciate the dead weeks because I can catch up and it lets me play other gatcha games, but I can see how it's frustating for constant players who are just waiting for new content to drop.

Still in Okeanos myself right now so I've already resigned myself to being at least a week late for Seraph... still got 49 apples so I expect to go through all of them in the next 3-4 weeks.

They really should've done the training grounds 1/2 AP now though......

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
That only lasts for the first few chapters. Once Tamamo gets her skills she kinda breaks the game.

Go with Tamamo.
I mean my answer should be no surprise, but the reason my support list in FGO is full of Tamamos in the first place is because of that game. Fate Extra's gameplay is pretty awful but Tamamo singlehandedly kept me playing it.

And yeah it starts off pretty frustrating but she gets really busted later on. Honestly I wish I wasn't so stubborn and I'd just given in and gotten a cheat sheet for enemy random encounters. It's not like rock paper scissors is all that enthralling gameplay-wise.

All right, Tamamo it is, then.
If there are ways to cheat, then I'll have to check.

Decided on one more chance yesterday when Umu Bride was back as rate up.... had enough to do a ten pull and 3 singles.... ten pull first.

Got another copy of Devilish Bodhisattya and.....

Will take that 100%, Umu Bride seeya at Nerofest.

Also got my 6th copy of Liz the single roll right after this, already burned her... unlock the Mona Lisa CE yeah? Or just hold it?
Great spook, congrats.
If you have enough to MLB Mona Lisa, then why not go for it. Otherwise might as well wait.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kayos90

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
E7 has auto... while it's probably more grindy than FGO its less time consuming overall since while I type up this post I'm using up a fair chunk of stamina by pressing a button or two every 2-5 minutes. Every daily quest is easily auto'd, even pvp arena quests since you can fight npcs to clear that.

The amount of time FGO actually stays open per day for a specific reason on dead weeks is abysmally low compared to E7.

Status
Not open for further replies.