• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
The amount of time FGO actually stays open per day for a specific reason on dead weeks is abysmally low compared to E7.

I agree the app stays open longer... but having to hit confirm, try again, start every 5 minutes isn't exactly time consuming for me... and if I'm doing other things like typing this post right here, watching youtube, playing another game, planning what I need to farm to get ready for seraph etc the actual time investment in E7 is very low.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
It's enough of an investment to make me quit.

It's not about what you actually have to physically do, but just the sheer amount of upkeep. From grinding materials for weapons to making sure you have the right weapon sets to grinding for the right materials to level your units (not that FGO doesn't have this) and also actually having to level the materials you need to ascend your units etc etc etc

It's more the amount of systems you have to keep track of and unlike FGO, where I'm pretty sure I can clear most content with just level 1 skills, you need to really optimise and build your team for the actual fun thing in Epic 7 aka the Abyss levels and the dungeons. I don't really like the story so those are the only things I ended up enjoying in it.

Also man I actually had really bad luck in the gacha lol.

You know what's good about FGO actually? Berserkers. Right now in JP I'm pretty much just brute forcing by focusing on Kiyohime and Mash and then letting them and a friend unit carry me. The thing about Berserkers is that I don't really have to worry about the class thing if I play carefully, thus reducing the amount of actual units I have to focus on if I don't want to engage with it.

Like I can seriously understand why it would be fun to manage all that to optimise a team (heck I do that in FGO also) but it can get overwhelming, especially when the fun is actually engaging in the challenge content, but not when I have to go through an endless amount of auto-grinding to get there.

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
TBF it's not that I think the common units can't do work, like the carmilladesen or whatever her name is was doing a lot of work for me, but for what I got I feel like I had to do a lot more work to keep progressing that doesn't involve me rolling for better units.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I, too, recently decided to chance getting a new Servant. Umu came home again. But this time it was Summer Umu, rather than Blanco or Roja.

What, you didn't think I actually risked the gacha this close to Meltryllis, Passionlip, and Suzuka, did you? That would be an utter betrayal of my in-game message.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Epic seven has too many systems going on, it made it pretty difficult for me to really get in to, and makes me appreciate fgo's relative simplicity. Like there's 7 types of summoning. It does a good job with the extra curricular activities though, it's not just the same set of doors over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Like im trying to get ready for the GG colab and I don't even know what to do, the story, or abyss or what. I've been fairly lucky in it tho, had it for a couple months only using the daily free summon and got 3 ssrs, I have like zero attachment to them though, maybe that'll change if I manage to get baiken or sol with what I have stored up from afking so far.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Done with the prologue of Fate/Extra.
Umu or Fox waifu?

Annoying that choosing Tamamo apparently makes the game more difficult. Thankfully, I already went with the easier difficulty setting anyways.

Hey, weren't you planning to skip until Raikou? :D Congrats.
Well, I threw in 11 more tickets (21 in total on the two single Gil rate up's) and unfortunately got neither Gil nor any SSR CE's, but 2 Umu's, which is pretty good as well.

From what I remember of Extra, Umu can get by in terms of just stats and the RPS gameplay, while Tamamo needs to time her skills for max effectiveness (at least in the early game). I really should go and finish Extra, but I've forgotten all the enemy tendencies by now, so I'm playing Extella Link instead

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish we had multiple sets of party slots. I like having a whole set for story and free quests, but I always need multiple farming teams.
Epic seven has too many systems going on, it made it pretty difficult for me to really get in to, and makes me appreciate fgo's relative simplicity. Like there's 7 types of summoning. It does a good job with the extra curricular activities though, it's not just the same set of doors over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Like im trying to get ready for the GG colab and I don't even know what to do, the story, or abyss or what. I've been fairly lucky in it tho, had it for a couple months only using the daily free summon and got 3 ssrs, I have like zero attachment to them though, maybe that'll change if I manage to get baiken or sol with what I have stored up from afking so far.
And now I want to play E7. Baiken would be so sick.

Edit: Dizzy and I-No are in the collab too?! This is super dangerous...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If they made it easier to reroll for banner characters in E7 I'd probably be tempted, but since they don't I'm not going to bother (as much as I love Guilty Gear). Plus I have so many gacha games anyway, I don't really want to balance another right now.

Oct 25, 2017
No Millia no party!

Thanks to the downtime I now have all the XP, QP, and mats needed to get Melt to 90 10/10/10 on day one. I hope this banner is kind to me bros.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's because there's nothing to do in FGO atm, but it is very tempting to start E7 right now. I thought Fate was about waifus and husbandos but this is something else...

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Well instead of playing Epic 7 I've been spending the downtime learning how to draw again.Haven't done any colouring in.... years. Still need a lot of work with it lol.

Happy easter FGO-era.

kzJYDuF.jpg

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up E7 in Feb (sup Halation) and boy is it a huge departure from the casual nature of FGO. Characters take so long to build that you're basically discouraged from doing gacha pulls if you want to make progress at a decent rate. I never played a gacha game with a gear system before so it took me a while to get the hang of things.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd try E7 if I want already playing GBF which is more than enough to satisfy any crazy grinding urges.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
No idea what this E7 game is, but I'll try to resist the urge of googling.

With yesterday's double Umu as catalyst, I thought it worth trying my luck at Nero Bride again.
Happy to say that my streak of no SSR ticket Servants is broken and I got...
...I was kidding, all I got was a Mana Gauge 3 star CE lol

Well instead of playing Epic 7 I've been spending the downtime learning how to draw again.Haven't done any colouring in.... years. Still need a lot of work with it lol.

Happy easter FGO-era.
Whoa, that's pretty good.
Love how you even gave her bunny ears, haha.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The thread is gonna get some life based on fgo again when C.C.C starts, with the postings about the gatcha, the battle, the mission and probably with those who will have the guts to do what will be the optional hardest fight in the game.
Just a question of time. In the meantime i'm still ember farming based on the recommendation of those that talked about the ascension mission for the event, alongside leveling up nero.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
The thread is gonna get some life based on fgo again when C.C.C starts, with the postings about the gatcha, the battle, the mission and probably with those who will have the guts to do what will be the optional hardest fight in the game.
Just a question of time. In the meantime i'm still ember farming based on the recommendation of those that talked about the ascension mission for the event, alongside leveling up nero.
Ascension mission?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Since we're talking about E7, I'll mention quickly another Aniplex title is getting a Global release. Magia Record!

And that's all I'll say on it here. Feel free to join me in the Gacha OT to talk about it more, haha.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Those ppl complaining about lack of embers:
That's your punishment for getting all those SSR Servants.

Gacha game posts:
You folks are very evil persons, you know that?

Since we're talking about E7, I'll mention quickly another Aniplex title is getting a Global release. Magia Record!

And that's all I'll say on it here. Feel free to join me in the Gacha OT to talk about it more, haha.

Nooo, Madoka is great, so I'll probably have to check this out, daaaamn it! :(

did someone say epic seven

tenor.gif

It has cat girls? Noooo! :(

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
W-00 said that one of the missions for the event is getting the welfare to ascension 3.
Edit : Went and checked the wiki, and it's mission 89 and 90 that's getting the welfare to ascension 1 and 3.
I should've been farming XP cards the last several days.
I'm pretty sure that I also said that the event will provide enough embers to fulfill the mission. Getting BB to level 60 (the required level) takes at worst 112 gold ALL embers. The gold and silver event embers will provide the equivalent of 133 gold ALL embers. You don't need to farm any embers for the BB missions. The only reasons anyone needs to be farming embers right now are A) they want to get BB leveled further than required, B) they have characters to level right now, and C) they are anticipating rolling other Servants.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When's this panel then, I want confirmation that nothing happened besides ccc date and possible minor qol before get home and pass out.

Wait it's tomorrow nevetmind.

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I had a go at E7. It seems like a fun game, but I feel like it lacks the personality of FGO. We're only just getting there on NA, but each attack from a servant looks special and showcases some of their character. In E7 the 3rd skill looks gorgeous, but the other skills feel somewhat bland. I'll keep playing for the moment but it's not something I'm going to invest into. It has made me want to go back to playing FFs on my Vita though which I will start doing as well.

Edit: just for clarity I am purely talking from an animation standpoint. The character designs are great, and from the little I've played of the story the characters themselves seem good.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Lol the basket, that's pretty neat. Are you using a tablet for it?
Clever use of her crown. Also egg jewels. Really nice.
No idea what this E7 game is, but I'll try to resist the urge of googling.

With yesterday's double Umu as catalyst, I thought it worth trying my luck at Nero Bride again.
Happy to say that my streak of no SSR ticket Servants is broken and I got...
...I was kidding, all I got was a Mana Gauge 3 star CE lol

Whoa, that's pretty good.
Love how you even gave her bunny ears, haha.

Thanks guys.

Yeah I just got an iPad Pro for work purposes, but have only really just started using it for art. Still trying to get used to it. I've been focusing on design so I haven't done any actual art in years.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
For those that have been playing for a while, what do you guys do for your spare copies of welfare servants from re-runs? I'm debating between burning them and keeping them for 'collection' purposes, since I have a launch-day account and hasn't missed a thing yet (my login streak is still alive)

On E7, I have mixed thoughts about it.

Pros:
  • Awesome animation for 3rd skills
  • Almost every character is viable including 3*
  • Pretty generous with gacha currency (1 free single roll a day, and I've horded 300 pulls for future banners)
  • Variety of quests to do. One event had a choose your own adventure thingy that was pretty fun.
Cons:
  • The grind. 'Usable for endgame' in FGO is pretty much fully fou-ed and max level (80 for 4* and 90 for 5*). If you want to be really prepped, there's 10/10/10 + grailing. For E7, there's the 6* grind, awakening grind, gear grind (6 equipment slots) just to get a char usable. and each of those is like getting a char to max grail, suffice to say its a lot of grind.
  • Dailies can take a while
  • PVP
  • Nerfs to characters. You think this character has a nice kit with cool skills and leveled him up? Too bad, he's getting nerfed cos everyone is using him.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I can only afford two gacha games at a time. With Tales of Crestoria (sounds like toothpaste) coming soon, I'm already going to have to probably drop something.

Status
Not open for further replies.