• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Though seriously seeing how much time we had left I'm now wondering why everyone was scrambling to make sure they follow the guide correctly or whatever.

Like I've only used a few silver apples and have not followed the guide at all except to occasionally see where certain enemies spawn and I'm nearly done with a lot of time left.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Though seriously seeing how much time we had left I'm now wondering why everyone was scrambling to make sure they follow the guide correctly or whatever.

Like I've only used a few silver apples and have not followed the guide at all except to occasionally see where certain enemies spawn and I'm nearly done with a lot of time left.
Because we're lazy and we want to do the bare minimum possible. I've barely been playing just because the story is underwhelming, yet I feel the need to read it anyways. Having a guide means I'm not scrambling to work out what I need to do next to allow to me get through this.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like following the guide is probably more work somehow lol.

I can see why CCC would be underwhelming if you're not super into melt as a character. I think it's ok but not really all its hyped up to be. Just feels like one massive melt wank to make her Super waifu so weebs can waste their money trying to np5 her because she "deserves it".

Shinjuku still my favourite EoR chapter.

Oct 25, 2017
I really think you just dislike Melt because as has been said before, this is what happens when they introduce almost every new character lol. It's nothing new.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm mostly being tongue in cheek lol.

I actually just think I don't like it when they make it very obvious that they're trying to pair a character up with gudao/gudako/ the player character. The story usually suffers for it because they try so hard to get that point across in expanse of everything else.

like I'm actually disappointed in how they potrayed Kiara in SERAPH after reading on a lot of the characterisation in CCC. They actually cut out a lot about what makes her into who she is which is actually pretty interesting and instead just turn her into an monster who's evil for the sake of it just to give melt the final heroine spotlight.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I just hate most of the CCC designs. Violet is probably the best looking Alter Ego and she's just budget Medusa. And Melt falls into that area.

Suzuka's design is also alright.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Beat CCC today. Used Melt, Waver and Merlin on the last boss. Melt got through 2 break bars before dying. Mash came in and they turtled it the rest of the way.

I actually quite enjoyed the CCC story.

Cat was the best part.

Also do people still hate Tristen and Gawain?

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
People are finishing early for the farming my friend lol. Finishing off Kiara right now. Used all the KP because I don't wanna deal with hard mode this time around.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
I know people's impression of Gawain, especially coming off of Extra, wasn't very positive (he comes off as arrogant because of his raw power and righteous disposition), but after getting a better impression of his character in Extella and Camelot, he's become the most interesting Knight of the Round in Fate as a whole. Despite his immense power, Gawain comes across as a simple man who struggles with the idea that he could never properly understand or live up to Arthur's ideals, which is exemplified in the story involving the Green Knight (where he does the right thing but unwittingly, much to his chagrin). Of all the Knights of the Round, he feels like the one most lost without his king, as he never felt in control of his own destiny while in Arthur's service (and feels like he failed him when he needed him most). His desire to repent for his perceived failings and accept his fate by living up to Arthur's mantra is what makes him so compelling in a lot of ways (though I admit that fans who only know him from Grand Order won't really see this side of him - this characterization is something he only really gets in his appearances in the Extra-verse).

I'm not as familiar with Tristan (probably because he only has passing mention outside of Grand Order), but I appreciate his character gimmick and his camaraderie with the various other Knights of the Round. He just seems so simple in comparison to Gawain, Mordred, and Lancelot, who have all had significantly more development thanks to their appearances in other Fate stories. But he functions well as a villain in Camelot and a mostly off-screen ally in SE.RA.PH.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I know people's impression of Gawain, especially coming off of Extra, wasn't very positive (he comes off as arrogant because of his raw power and righteous disposition), but after getting a better impression of his character in Extella and Camelot, he's become the most interesting Knight of the Round in Fate as a whole. Despite his immense power, Gawain comes across as a simple man who struggles with the idea that he could never properly understand or live up to Arthur's ideals, which is exemplified in the story involving the Green Knight (where he does the right thing but unwittingly, much to his chagrin). Of all the Knights of the Round, he feels like the one most lost without his king, as he never felt in control of his own destiny while in Arthur's service (and feels like he failed him when he needed him most). His desire to repent for his perceived failings and accept his fate by living up to Arthur's mantra is what makes him so compelling in a lot of ways (though I admit that fans who only know him from Grand Order won't really see this side of him - this characterization is something he only really gets in his appearances in the Extra-verse).

I'm not as familiar with Tristan (probably because he only has passing mention outside of Grand Order), but I appreciate his character gimmick and his camaraderie with the various other Knights of the Round. He just seems so simple in comparison to Gawain, Mordred, and Lancelot, who have all had significantly more development thanks to their appearances in other Fate stories. But he functions well as a villain in Camelot and a mostly off-screen ally in SE.RA.PH.

Gawain is a bro because he likes big baps

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like following the guide is probably more work somehow lol.
Someone posted a guide at the beginning of the event which literally says do this node x many times to clear challenges Y and Z, do story, do this node. It's written so anyone can follow it easily.
I really think you just dislike Melt because as has been said before, this is what happens when they introduce almost every new character lol. It's nothing new.
I actually just think I don't like it when they make it very obvious that they're trying to pair a character up with gudao/gudako/ the player character. The story usually suffers for it because they try so hard to get that point across in expanse of everything else.
What whippy says is for me is the biggest issue I'm having with the story. I get Fate started on this kind of story, but I feel like they do it so often in this game (and Fate in general) that it's really starting to get tiring for me personally. It's always felt forced and the story always seems to suffer because of it.

And I know like 90% of the playerbase is male but it does bother me that only the female servants are ever put in these scenarios and "questionable" situations. Especially when you can be playing the female mc. I'm supposed to believe that every female servant is in to women, but none of the male servants are into the main character.

Ultimately I found the story uninspired, but the forced interest, again, is the thing that bothered me the most.
Cat was the best part.
This was a situation where I wish I didn't know anything about JP. It was really hard for me to get past the Demiya thing even though they changed it. I know that's an issue with the writer's and artist's ignorance, but she just reminded me of it the whole time.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I finished off Kiara and now I need to do the Encore missions and then farm Sakura coins. BB of course needs to hit bond 3 but with a MLB Chaldea from a friend. Should be doable fairly fast.

I still dislike Tristan but always liked Gawain. He was one of the best parts and loves big boobs so he is my bro right there.

I feel indifferent about the Melt pander and was more excited that I got Passionlip on my roll and just went "oh" when I ended up pulling Melt too lol.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
What? He was a massive cunt in Camelot. None of the active kotr there came out looking good.
Gawain is one of two Knights of the Round in Camelot who realizes that the Lion King's plan is morally wrong, but unlike Lancelot who betrays Arthur (again), Gawain decides to stick to his duty as a knight and defend his lord. The idea of challenging the Lion King's ideals are beyond his grasp mostly because he hasn't spent any time out of Arthur's service, which is why he can't understand Bedivere's actions as being in service to his king. It's an interesting kind of reflection on his development in the Extra-verse, because the more time he spends apart from Arthur, the more like Bedivere he becomes. But he is mostly there in Camelot to show the difference between loyalty and duty, and his misunderstaning of the two is why he ultimately loses to Bedivere.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Bring a friend Merlin over any damage person. Then bring your best damage dealer and Mash. Just try and have your Mash and Merlin NP at the same time for the arts NP chain. If you got all the KP stuff, the battle should be fairly easy.

Another way is to save Mash's NP till Kiara is about to use her NP to reduce the AOE damage to nearly nothing.

For me, I used Jack and a friend BB since I had my own Merlin. Those 2 just healed up Jack for me and let her launch NP after NP on Kiara. Merlin did die in the 3rd phase but by then it was too late for Kiara. Jack's buff removal is so good vs her heals. Oh and I used the Divine damage bonus CE from the Valentines event on Jack for extra damage too.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
He's a total bro in this event tho, shame his gameplay and animations totally suck though.
I think he's just very loyal to people he aknowleges as Masters, as a result of that since we have mostly interacted with him when he was an opponent we get to see what it is to be on his bad side, (first Leo in Extra and then Camelot), in this event he's "our" servant so he comes out looking better because he's aggressive against our enemies instead (i.e. he rebukes Arnold immediatly).

qon

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Tristan suffers from what Hawkeye did in Avengers 1 where
his first major appearance is mostly him out of character due to Inversion.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Them actively trying to change their image afterwards in their appearances since Camelot has ultimately made me like them as of this event. They were great in here.

The only round table person I don't like at this point is Agravain, and that's because he only appeared in Camelot.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Finished the event the other day. Tristan was the real mvp with team evades. I used command seals only twice on passionlip and Kiara due to their aoe nps. Now to spend the rest of the time clearing out the shop.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How well do you think Dante and Vergil from DMC5 would fare against a typical servant?

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I can get 1.2 million QP per run on weakness ear. Guess that's where I'll be for the next 2 weeks.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Drake, BB, and then try to find a support Melt/Lip/Gozen with a MLB sakura CE.

Also jesus christ BB does potato damage outside of her NP. Luckily I have MLB cute orangette that is specifically for those kinda servants.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Babylonia done. Whew.
This singularity left me with three crippling desires:
  • I already liked Merlin from all the glimpses I got in previous singularities and Garden of Avalon, but his trollishness really shines here, and I was grinning like an idiot when the sea of mud turned into a field of flowers. Please come home you goober
  • Best girl Rin? Yes. As much as I like Ishtar I've got enough AOE Archers so I'm going with Eresh here. She's apparently mediocre for an AOE Lancer but who cares. She's got a sorta "what if Rin got the bad end of the deal instead of Sakura" vibe going for her, I really enjoyed her scenes with the protagonist at night.
  • LOOK UP, GODDESS OF LIFE, AND KNOW DEATH (me: HOOLYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT)

The grand battle theme is officially King Hassan's theme now, there is no going back. He was already cool in Camelot but this was that next level shit. I'm glad I got both Gils already because that makes saving for other servants much easier. Medusana is a sweetheart and I felt sad for her both times. I'll be honest here and say that FGO made me care for Medusa more than F/SN ever did, even in Heaven's Feel I found her "eh", while in Babylonia I got a better grasp of her character. The 1-3 stars didn't leave quite as big an impression here as the equivalent troupe in Camelot though, I didn't get the same huge desire to raise them as I did for CA or Bedi, but they were still nice and had their moments to shine. That said, Leonidas was a bro and he's apparently actually good so he's on my list now.

At first I wasn't sure if this would beat Camelot. The first 2/3rds of the singularity are fun and all, heads and shoulders above anything prior to Camelot, but the first 2/3rds of Camelot were much more exciting and challenging in comparison. Then Gorgon dies and shit hits the fan, and it keeps hitting the fan, and it doesn't stop why isn't it stopping, oh lawd she coming WAIT URUK IS IN FLAMES EVERYONE'S FREAKING DEAD. The sheer escalation of that 3rd act just reaches highs that Camelot doesn't even dream of approaching, goddamn. Up until "Absolute Demonic Front Mesopotamia" I was still unsure, but that entire final act of resistance against Tiamat just pushed it over the top for me. I'm a sucker for apocalyptic stories, humanity fighting creatures waaay beyond their paygrade and conflicts with absolutely huge scales and this brought it in spades. I mean I already knew things were going to get dire and I was still caught off-guard over how dreadful the situation actually got. I wasn't expecting Uruk to actually get swallowed up and go down in flames. Gil and Enkingu's last stand, hot damn. Support Archer Gil in the final battle having his own unique sprite and lines was so cool, but now I want that as an alternate costume lol. I'm pumped to fight Solomon but how is he even supposed to top this.

Updated ranking: Babylonia > Camelot >>>>> America >> Orleans > Okeanos > London > Prologue > Septem (after reflecting a bit I changed up some positions from my last ranking, I'll probably elaborate a bit on each of them after I finish up Solomon)
I should be done with Solomon in a day or two right? I hope the remaining time is enough to complete the event without having to rush too much.

Last edited:

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Babylonia done. Whew.
This singularity left me with three crippling desires:
  • I already liked Merlin from all the glimpses I got in previous singularities and Garden of Avalon, but his trollishness really shines here, and I was grinning like an idiot when the sea of mud turned into a field of flowers. Please come home you goober
  • Best girl Rin? Yes. As much as I like Ishtar I've got enough AOE Archers so I'm going with Eresh here. She's apparently mediocre for an AOE Lancer but who cares. She's got a sorta "what if Rin got the bad end of the deal instead of Sakura" vibe going for her, I really enjoyed her scenes with the protagonist at night.
  • LOOK UP, GODDESS OF LIFE, AND KNOW DEATH (me: HOOLYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT)

The grand battle theme is officially King Hassan's theme now, there is no going back. He was already cool in Camelot but this was that next level shit. I'm glad I got both Gils already because that makes saving for other servants much easier. Medusana is a sweetheart and I felt sad for her both times. I'll be honest here and say that FGO made me care for Medusa more than F/SN ever did, even in Heaven's Feel I found her "eh", while in Babylonia I got a better grasp of her character. The 1-3 stars didn't leave quite as big an impression here as the equivalent troupe in Camelot though, I didn't get the same huge desire to raise them as I did for CA or Bedi, but they were still nice and had their moments to shine. That said, Leonidas was a bro and he's apparently actually good so he's on my list now.

At first I wasn't sure if this would beat Camelot. The first 2/3rds of the singularity are fun and all, heads and shoulders above anything prior to Camelot, but the first 2/3rds of Camelot were much more exciting and challenging in comparison. Then Gorgon dies and shit hits the fan, and it keeps hitting the fan, and it doesn't stop why isn't it stopping, oh lawd she coming WAIT URUK IS IN FLAMES EVERYONE'S FREAKING DEAD. The sheer escalation of that 3rd act just reaches highs that Camelot doesn't even dream of approaching, goddamn. Up until "Absolute Demonic Front Mesopotamia" I was still unsure, but that entire final act of resistance against Tiamat just pushed it over the top for me. I'm a sucker for apocalyptic stories, humanity fighting creatures waaay beyond their paygrade and conflicts with absolutely huge scales and this brought it in spades. I mean I already knew things were going to get dire and I was still caught off-guard over how dreadful the situation actually got. I wasn't expecting Uruk to actually get swallowed up and go down in flames. Gil and Enkingu's last stand, hot damn. Support Archer Gil in the final battle having his own unique sprite and lines was so cool, but now I want that as an alternate costume lol. I'm pumped to fight Solomon but how is he even supposed to top this.

Updated ranking: Babylonia > Camelot >>>>> America >> Orleans > Okeanos > London > Prologue > Septem (after reflecting a bit I changed up some positions from my last ranking, I'll probably elaborate a bit on each of them after I finish up Solomon)
I should be done with Solomon in a day or two right? I hope the remaining time is enough to complete the event without having to rush too much.
Yeah. It's really short. You have like 9-10 days so prob have to spend some apples. Def rolling for Eresh this December!

edit: here are two guides to help you out. They are most likely the same I think. http://kaleidoscopedia.net/walkthrough/ https://grandorder.gamepress.gg/complete-walkthrough-fateextra-ccc-seraph

Last edited:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Finally completed the event story.

I'd heard that the CCC story was the best story of EoR. I'd say that that doesn't bode very well for the rest of EoR. I mean, okay, it wasn't bad, but... maybe I just went in with expectations that were too high. Maybe watching the ZVN playthrough before/during the event reminded me of what a non-mobile VN can be and set my standards too high. Prior to the end, I'd say my favorite part was Suzuka revealing why she was fighting so hard. Her Master's wish reminded me of the beginning of Extra.

Then again, that was just the first part of the story. The second part, after Kiara was defeated and we had to re-recruit Tamamo, Umu, and Emiya, was a blast. Seeing our dear friends turned into enemies and figuring out how to bring them back to our side... Especially the interactions between Tamamo and Nero - formerly bitter rivals becoming close friends (and even done in a way that didn't wank Nero!) was an absolute delight. I don't know how the writers could ever have put something so incredible into words.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017

I'd heard that the CCC story was the best story of EoR. I'd say that that doesn't bode very well for the rest of EoR. I mean, okay, it wasn't bad, but... maybe I just went in with expectations that were too high. Maybe watching the ZVN playthrough before/during the event reminded me of what a non-mobile VN can be and set my standards too high. Prior to the end, I'd say my favorite part was Suzuka revealing why she was fighting so hard. Her Master's wish reminded me of the beginning of Extra.

Then again, that was just the first part of the story. The second part, after Kiara was defeated and we had to re-recruit Tamamo, Umu, and Emiya, was a blast. Seeing our dear friends turned into enemies and figuring out how to bring them back to our side... Especially the interactions between Tamamo and Nero - formerly bitter rivals becoming close friends (and even done in a way that didn't wank Nero!) was an absolute delight. I don't know how the writers could ever have put something so incredible into words.

I think Shinjuku is better honestly.

Oct 25, 2017
For me, I went into this event feeling ambivalent towards BB, Tamamo Cat, Emiya Alter, Suzuka and outright hating Lip with with a Passion. I've come out of this event with a positive impression of all of them so it's been fun times for me. Emiya Alter - which I've already mentioned in this thread - was the biggest surprise for me, he was pretty much a non-entity in Shinjuku whereas I think he's brilliant in CCC. I really need to roll him lol.

What whippy says is for me is the biggest issue I'm having with the story. I get Fate started on this kind of story, but I feel like they do it so often in this game (and Fate in general) that it's really starting to get tiring for me personally. It's always felt forced and the story always seems to suffer because of it.

And I know like 90% of the playerbase is male but it does bother me that only the female servants are ever put in these scenarios and "questionable" situations. Especially when you can be playing the female mc. I'm supposed to believe that every female servant is in to women, but none of the male servants are into the main character.
Sure, I don't disagree that the pandering is bad. It's just that Whippy's posts give off the impression that it's something new to the game, or that it's particularly egregious in this case with Melt and I'm just saying no, it's a running trend throughout. I can understand getting tired of it, it is zZzZ.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was trying to farm sakura coins ealier and i noticed at the start that one of the possible b.b slots is a black skull with cross bones. Anyone knows what it's effects are?

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I mean at the end of the day it's a mobile game VN told 100% through dialogue, even at its best it's always going to be mediocre and awkward compared to a 'real' vn or adventure game.

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Completly agree on the second part. It was so full of emotion. God I'm tearing up now just thinking about it.

Also I think you guys only like Edgemiya because he
kills that douche bag human

He's generally a piece of shit. And not a lovable one like Gil.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think Gil is lovable unless he is in caster form but thats just me. Demiya is meh but regular Emiya is way better.

Also people for the love of FGO, MLB your Sakura CE PLZ! Its so annoying seeing a +20% over a +50%. Also try to put the Sakura on a servant that has a Quick NP. Makes the Farming much easier cause fuck those Archer Bots for their hp and short charge.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I dislike Edgemiya for the same reason I dislike Kerry. They're played as tragic characters, but literally all they needed to do to not live miserable lives as adults was not be murderous assholes who go out looking for fights. OG Emiya avoids this (at least in FGO) by playing up his more Shirou aspects.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I dislike Edgemiya for the same reason I dislike Kerry. They're played as tragic characters, but literally all they needed to do to not live miserable lives as adults was not be murderous assholes who go out looking for fights. OG Emiya avoids this (at least in FGO) by playing up his more Shirou aspects.
I was going to type something about edgemiya, but this already hits the nail on its head.
(Through i still liked his character for his ending in the event.)

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, even though I dislike the character, I'll agree that Edgemiya had a couple good moments in this event (his ending and the thing JROD mentioned).

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Bah, I decided to look at my account screen, and i was way off from my previous claim. I still need two more months for my first year anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.