• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Also don't sleep on the 3 star.

Party wide 20 NP charge with debuff clear.

For a 3 star.

A 3 STAR.

The 3 star is secretly the best servant on the banner.
It took me six 10-pulls to get NP2 Aesclepius which is approximately way more resources than I was hoping to spend getting him. Not that I was aiming for NP2 - I went five 10-pulls without him and then got two on the last one. Only other notable pull was Nezha which, I mean, yeah, she'll eventually be useful, but Parvati is already ascension-locked because of a lack of pieces...

Yeah, just happened.

It's not a secret. He is, however, incredibly frustrating to pull for. I got spooked by so many other silver Casters... Given this experience with how hard it can be to roll a silver, I think I'm going to pass on Izou when he comes to NA.
O is this the 3* the caster? Because I saw it when I was looking through the classes on the wiki to see what I missed and thought this dude was looking very strong. But I thought the 3* on the banner was
William Tell
Not really sure why I assumed that lol. I was wondering why no one had mentioned this dude before haha.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
It took me six 10-pulls to get NP2 Aesclepius which is approximately way more resources than I was hoping to spend getting him. Not that I was aiming for NP2 - I went five 10-pulls without him and then got two on the last one. Only other notable pull was Nezha which, I mean, yeah, she'll eventually be useful, but Parvati is already ascension-locked because of a lack of pieces...

Yeah, just happened.

It's not a secret. He is, however, incredibly frustrating to pull for. I got spooked by so many other silver Casters... Given this experience with how hard it can be to roll a silver, I think I'm going to pass on Izou when he comes to NA.

Oh trust me, my izou pulls were a nightmare.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got to Nightless City and...
Yeah, okay, now I see what people were saying about Agartha being uncomfortable. The Amazons and pirates weren't so bad because they were clearly villains and their actions were supposed to be horrifying (though what was done to Drake was still unpleasant), but here we have Mash sexually harrassing both d'Eon and Fergus Lily in the same breath as she mentions how some of adult Fergus' harrassing comments made her uncomfortable.
O is this the 3* the caster? Because I saw it when I was looking through the classes on the wiki to see what I missed and thought this dude was looking very strong. But I thought the 3* on the banner was
William Tell Not really sure why I assumed that lol. I was wondering why no one had mentioned this dude before haha.
Yeah, this 3* is the Caster. The other one you mentioned was on the first LB4 banner.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to Nightless City and...
Yeah, okay, now I see what people were saying about Agartha being uncomfortable. The Amazons and pirates weren't so bad because they were clearly villains and their actions were supposed to be horrifying (though what was done to Drake was still unpleasant), but here we have Mash sexually harrassing both d'Eon and Fergus Lily in the same breath as she mentions how some of adult Fergus' harrassing comments made her uncomfortable.

Yeah, this 3* is the Caster. The other one you mentioned was on the first LB4 banner.
Yeah, I just got past the scene you are talking about and boy was it hella problematic.
Mash's whole "Let's fucking leer and D'eon to see what gender she really is." You know despite the fact that historically D'eon did identify as female.

phatmac

Dec 18, 2017
It's clear from the start of the story the Minase(the writer for this chapter), made characters like Mash act OOC to fulfill his ferishes in-game. Whoever gave the green light to this chapter was incompetent as the clear doujin-like fetishes are on display. For example: Astoflo and D'eon, fendom, NTR, mind control, and more are evident here. The terrible writing from the start make this whole thing a mess. How do you just send your master in without a servant? Why would you treat our canon Drake this way in order to inflict your creepy fetishes on her? No wonder Japan rates this chapter as one of the worst. No way will they ever acknowledge it again if they're smart.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I previously said Chacha had the worst voice in the game, but I now retract that statement. Assassin of the Nightless City now holds that mantle.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Nightless Assassin and Caster on screen at the same time is such an eyesore that I'm skipping cutscenes. Wu Zetian's second Ascension being used for the story is just awful.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus I only have berserker of el dorado at np1 and she's already pushing some ridiculous damage numbers. I think I need to grail her.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Color me on the side of the fence that thinks Assassin's voice is annoying. I guess some people have shit taste are fans of high pitched shrill voices. And yeah, that Mash comment about d'Eon in Nightless City was painfully out of character for her.

Nightless Assassin and Caster on screen at the same time is such an eyesore that I'm skipping cutscenes. Wu Zetian's second Ascension being used for the story is just awful.
It was peak FGO on both sides of the "fucking seriously?" spectrum.

It's clear from the start of the story the Minase(the writer for this chapter), made characters like Mash act OOC to fulfill his ferishes in-game. Whoever gave the green light to this chapter was incompetent as the clear doujin-like fetishes are on display. For example: traps, fendom, NTR, mind control, and more are evident here. The terrible writing from the start make this whole thing a mess. How do you just send your master in without a servant? Why would you treat our canon Drake this way in order to inflict your creepy fetishes on her? No wonder Japan rates this chapter as one of the worst. No way will they ever acknowledge it again if they're smart.
I think "trap" is a bannable offense on this site, but the only mod that bothers coming in here is Kayos (and that's usually just to troll). Just heads up since I've seen people permabanned for using it.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I'm only a few nodes into the new story. But I'm gonna wait till after Summer event to do the entire thing. This will let me save those precious bond points per node for when I pull the Waifus I wanna bond with the most. It is annoying to depend on only a friend Merlin and makes the battles longer but those bond points need to be distributed to all the waifus! Should be able to hit 9 or 10 on a lot of my faves easily.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm only a few nodes into the new story. But I'm gonna wait till after Summer event to do the entire thing. This will let me save those precious bond points per node for when I pull the Waifus I wanna bond with the most. It is annoying to depend on only a friend Merlin and makes the battles longer but those bond points need to be distributed to all the waifus! Should be able to hit 9 or 10 on a lot of my faves easily.
The bonus to female bond points is the best thing about this new story. I can actually get Medea Lily to bond 10 way sooner than expected.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I think it's time we set higher standards for this franchise and take a clear, bold stance regarding this subject: to only accept sexual stuff related to seafood. Any less than 2 seafood analogies per lewd should be instantly laughed out of the game. Get on Nasu's level, writers.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I think it's time we set higher standards for this franchise and take a clear, bold stance regarding this subject: to only accept sexual stuff related to seafood. Any less than 2 seafood analogies per lewd should be instantly laughed out of the game. Get on Nasu's level, writers.
Still remember being in high school reading Fate Stay Night and Tsukihime and laughing at how many times mollusks were mentioned.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
to only accept sexual stuff related to seafood.
e8368b1a8cf2602e97478f5b8045a1e1b2fe05cc_hq.gif

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The dialogue overall is pretty bad too. Every second line of Scheherazade is about her not wanting to die.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Funny how Nero is the star of some of the worst content Fate has produced (Septem and Lost Encore).

Don't forget extella, what I played in the story of that was a hell of a lot worse than what I've played of Agartha so far, which is boring as fuck so far, I've fallen asleep in the middle of a chapter twice now and I'm only on part 7.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was having conflicting feelings about them portraying Christopher Columbus as a good guy. Thought they were pulling another Nero. Glad I was wrong and they acknowledge that he is indeed a murderous, slaving selling, huge piece of shit.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I was having conflicting feelings about them portraying Christopher Columbus as a good guy. Thought they were pulling another Nero. Glad I was wrong and they acknowledge that he is indeed a murderous, slaving selling, huge piece of shit.
Not really pulling another Nero since CC's heinous actions are more clear than Nero's.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not really pulling another Nero since CC's heinous actions are more clear than Nero's.
Didn't Nero burn Christians at the stake?

I don't have a problem with shitty people showing up in Fate as "heroes", but at least acknowledge they've done messed up shit. Show me that their actions were grey or even just flat out evil, but they did have some good sides to them. Makes for interesting writing. Everything I've seen of Nero in Fate seems to sweep her crimes under the "history is written by the victors" rug, which makes for a bad anti-hero.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Columbus' faces/expressions though, that's some first rate meme material

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Nero burn Christians at the stake?

I don't have a problem with shitty people showing up in Fate as "heroes", but at least acknowledge they've done messed up shit. Show me that their actions were grey or even just flat out evil, but they did have some good sides to them. Makes for interesting writing. Everything I've seen of Nero in Fate seems to sweep her crimes under the "history is written by the victors" rug, which makes for a bad anti-hero.
A lot of the recounts about Nero are super old and a bunch lost. But what's known isn't super clear as different recounts varied from positive or negative with some stating Nero did horrible things while others saying those terrible things were falsified due to sensationalism.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Rerolling on JP to try and get Arjuna today. He's too powerful

I bought one of those £2 ebay quartz accounts to NP5 wheelman to try him and as a side note altjuna out and it was worth it.

I don't think I'll keep playing though, everything's in Japanese and i cba to look up shit all the time, I'll just use the same account when muramasa comes out since I still have more than 1/2 the sq left.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to the wicked sick quality of this dialogue, I think I was able to parse that Scheherazade dosen't want to die. It's pretty subtle though.

phatmac

Dec 18, 2017
But all the other sex related things in Fate are fine lol?
They're not, and I'm surprised they let this get through in jp. I'm glad the more vulgar parts were translated differently. It's a shame since this singularity has some decent ideas. I just wish the writer for this did a better job. I'm just surprised about Fergus lily and his role in the story. Why wasn't he written better and made into a servant? It's weird.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
So this was a cross between a harem and fetish checklist, except the only way it could remotely work is if you're the female avatar. Yikes.

The big twist is actually decent. Specifically, I'd chalked up the El Dorado Berserker's origin story as BAD writing given the term used for her people, but it was actually GREAT writing and foreshadowing! It's still better than the early arc 1 chapters based on combat variety alone if nothing else. Clear conditions continue to be different in boss battles which I like, as I have to try to figure it out.
Same. I suppose I'm entirely accustomed to the American perspective on the issue which is.......... not the historical consensus.
It's a shame since this singularity has some decent ideas. I just wish the writer for this did a better job. I'm just surprised about Fergus lily and his role in the story. Why wasn't he written better and made into a servant? It's weird.
You have a fair point. Kid Goldy and Jalter Lily got to be servants despite being generally selfish creatures as adults. Watching the cast treat him with progressively more weariness as things went on as to his evolution into his future self was fairly painful. Making him a misogynistic wuss was not a good look. Ironically, pairing him up with androgynous Astolfo and d'Eon I considered to be one of the ideas of higher potential for the chapter. Then the costumes happened and I gave up hoping it would work.

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, it says something when people rate you worst than Part 2 of the first Summer event.
HtbOp8W.jpg

I'm not quite done with Agartha yet but there's no way I would rank it a bottom 5 singularity/event. The way Reddit muses about it had me thinking I was gonna jump into a #MeToo campaign for Drake, but eh? I felt more bad for d'Eon than anyone else, and even all that stuff with her and Astolfo in Nightless City is just fanboy shit come to life in the game. The battles and big twist near the end has me legitimately entertained, which is something I couldn't say for CCC.

But hey, I've stopped trusting Japan's opinion on entertainment ever since Nichijou flopped.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
HAPPILY EVER AFTER
...is not the quote I'd use for the completion of this Remnant, but whatever. Agartha is done with, went into every fight (mostly) blind and though I had to lean on Bond Herc a couple times, managed to get through it without any command spells used.

Stray thoughts:
+ The Astolfo-d'Eon dynamic worked well for the most part, especially as a chance to get d'Eon away from only showing up alongside Marie and her group
+ The whole setpiece chapter of sailing down the river was fun, culminating in the ridiculous three way fight with both Pent and Megalos
+ The final chapter twist was kind of neat, especially since it even affected the name on the map screen
+ Phenex's "human" design was cool and the warped speech helped make him seem creepy
+ Fergus Lily at the start was refreshing from his normal portrayal, even accounting for the his "can't attack women" attitude
~ The whole "women dominating men" thing throughout the first third or so got old real fast, though it tapered off once you finished up the Nightless City chapter
~ Even if I hadn't seen comments about Columbus and betrayal before I started the story, the game was super heavy-handed about making him suspicious
~ Some general character stupidity
~ General underuse of most characters outside of your core party
~ Holmes being an insufferable smartass
- Everything about Scheherazade and her motives
- Almost everything about Fergus in the last chapter, undoing the entirety of his character development (his Caladbolg sprite was alright)
- Story resolution felt half-baked in general

And separately, some of the gimmick battles seemed a bit like a slap in the face to the player if you didn't know the gimmick ahead of time and could prepare for it, especially the final battle which, with no indication, was actually an endurance fight where you had to survive for ten turns before you could finish the boss off (though each kill you get reduces their max HP).

Overall, though the final chapter of the story tried pretty hard to ruin everything, there's enough worth salvaging that I wouldn't call it complete trash. It could be improved in a lot of ways but I don't regret taking the time to play through it.

As a bonus, here's a few illustrations from Columbus' artist of their ideas of a hypothetical "Columbus Lily" and "Columbus Alter" (who, as the alter of an "evil" character, would end up being a "good" character).

And finally:
JjzYZ5g.jpg

Had to screencap that line when it showed up.
Time to start knocking out those free quests.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I was turning around a bit after a certain character showed their true nature, but the whole ending sequence dropped the ball on nearly everything. Overall it was indeed a bad singularity.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Agartha cleared.
Overall, that was underwhelming. It was bad, but it wasn't even as bad as I'd been led to believe. Though that could be due to changes made by the translators (my Japanese is far from perfect, but it's good enough to know they changed a couple lines that I saw the JP versions of) or fans could have just been exaggerating it, again.

I thought the beginning scene with the arrival and interaction with Astolfo and d'Eon was reasonably amusing (enough so that I could ignore how stupid it was that they had apparently tried to send Guda in without any Servants for protection), so that gave me hope that the writing for the chapter wouldn't be so bad and it was just the subject matter that was objectionable. Boy, was that hope misplaced. The writing just kept getting worse.

There was no sense of scale or danger during the chapter, and when, near the end, they finally started giving numbers they were hilariously small. Oh, we lost half the Resistance? How many people was that? Enough that what remains can fit on a boat? How big of a boat? Oh, the boat sank and now only "a few" Resistance members are left? How many is that "few"? Those few are supposed to gather up all the men in Agartha on horseback while we fight the boss? But Agartha is a pretty big place and given the size of the cities, even with the Amazons killing a lot of them, there should still be a lot of men le- oh, they managed it and there's only about 100?

Oh, wow, Penthesilia has a huge army of Amazons! It's... 100 times as many as the dozen she had at Troy? So just 1200? I mean, that's a lot of enemies, but hardly a huge army. Definitely doesn't seem like enough to populate even a single city and every Amazon was supposed to be a warrior so there wouldn't be any civilian Amazons to round out the population.

Oh wow, Heracles Megalos is such a huge threat! One that is repeatedly held off by Astolfo, d'Eon, and Scheherazade. One that doesn't manage to kill even a single named character - not even the already-badly-injured Assassin.

Speaking of threats, I believe this was the first chapter in which it never even looked like one of the Servants accompanying us died. IIRC, Shinjuku and Okeanos are similarly heroic-casualty-free, but it at least looked like Jeanne Alter was sacrificing herself in Shinjuku (and Holmes DID get taken out, but I'm not sure if he counts seeing as he was a non-combatant and came back at the end) and Asterios was only revealed to have survived in one of Tamamo Cat's interludes.

In terms of new characters, I thought Wu was the only one who was remotely likable, but then she has that horrible design.

In terms of existing characters, holy fuck were da Vinci, Mash, and even Guda all acting out-of-character. Rampant sexual harassment by all of them, the total idiocy of them trying to send Guda in without Servants (even in Shinjuku, they tried to send Servants with Guda but they got separated during the Rayshift), Mash distrusting Rider while Guda was taken in completely (the same Guda who planned out the Xmas 2 event and the same Mash who needed to be excluded from the plan because she couldn't keep a secret)... The only characters this chapter was kind to were d'Eon (who finally got to show up without Marie and company) and Astolfo (who finally got to show up as more than a joke).

And that ending... besides Fergus Lily's speech being full of sexual harassment, it was also largely irrelevant. Scheherazade should have a kid? She's a Servant! She can't have kids anymore!

The ending also just kept. going. on. and. on. and. on. and. on. and. on. and. on. and. on. and. on. and. on. and. on. and. on. and. on. and. on. and. on. and. on. and. on. and. on.

Status
Not open for further replies.