• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Haivng not started the new chapter yet, reading people impressions of it, i feel like there's no rush to have to go through it to read the story.
Shame the next story chapter is said to be better, but is so far away.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can see why people don't like this singularity. I'd place Septem and London under it, and that's mostly because London is so goddamn random, it hurts. Septem is self explanatory.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
London had some interesting lore bits and the dialogue was nowhere near as awful. Nor were the character designs.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The only interesting part of London was the end. Otherwise it was total trash, which hurts me to say as it's my home town.

But at the same time, there are only 2 singularities I could say are objectively good, and maybe 3 that would be in that ok range. The other 6 or 7 would go in that not good to flat out awful range, so at least London is in the majority.

It does make me a bit concerned about the future though. Batting .300 might be fine, but when I know we've already passed the peak I begin to question what I'm still playing for.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At least it seems the part 2 chapters have been well received in general and i've yet to see people calling them bad.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Also please make note that this singularity portrays that the Anchor of Santa Maria is stronger than the Chains of Enkidu

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Got NP2 Wu with my free roll. A good result. I'll save the 80 SQ we'll hopefully get for Holmes.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Other than the 30 quartz, is there anything else incoming for the second year anniversary, or are we looking at a month wait to coincide with the timing the Fes event had on the Jpn side?
Edit :
Started Argatha, and i got to say ,i forgot how fun it was to try different teams compositions to max bond points, like i did for Shinjuku. Managed to get me to dust off a few servants that had gone unused for quite a while.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm most excited to see what Japan receives for their fourth anniversary. Is this the year they allow pick tickets? Maybe a spark mechanic!? The pool is so diluted with Servants now, they really need to narrow down your choices if you're pulling from a guaranteed banner. I know I'm probably get my hopes up...

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Other than the 30 quartz, is there anything else incoming for the second year anniversary, or are we looking at a month wait to coincide with the timing the Fes event had on the Jpn side?
Provided that they don't screw us out of anything, we should get:
10 SQ per Singularity cleared (this is a new form of mission, so you'll get them whenever you clear the Singularity so there's no need to rush)
As daily login bonuses: 10 million QP, 100k friend points, 10 gold ALL exp, 10 hp and 10 atk Fous (I think they're silver Fous), 100 MP, and 10 tickets.
We should start getting material exchange tickets instead of daily materials.
A Memorial Quest that will give us our choice of one of 47 "Formal Dress" CEs.
Holmes trial quest.
Reduced AP costs for part 1 main quests.
1/2 AP dailies during the event.
3x Super/Great success rate during the event.
The All the Statesmen event that gives Bunyan.
And another batch of Strengthening Quests.
Oh, and the paid GSSR, of course (the pool is every SSR so your odds of getting the one you want are low).

Things we MIGHT POSSIBLY get if they continue the trend of us getting the improvements from the next anniversary but SHOULD NOT expect:
Increased 50-day login SQ (20 -> 30) retroactively, so an older player can get a bunch at once.
Increased SQ fragments per Master Mission (2 -> 3).
Increased Servant and CE storage.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I fully expect them to give us the increase for 50 day login sooner rather than later to stop us from getting too much free SQ.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm most excited to see what Japan receives for their fourth anniversary. Is this the year they allow pick tickets? Maybe a spark mechanic!? The pool is so diluted with Servants now, they really need to narrow down your choices if you're pulling from a guaranteed banner. I know I'm probably get my hopes up...
FGO already has the Unregistered Spirit Origin system, though it's not the same thing as a pity rate or spark system; DW doesn't seem generous enough to implement both at the same time. Can't see them phasing out the guaranteed 5* paid banners in favor of a paid choice 5* ticket either if they haven't done so already, though anything's possible.

For reference, this is how the paid banners have worked out over the years:
New Year 2016 - all permanent 5* to date (plus Okita) - 11 total
1st Anniversary - all non-limited 5* to date split between Saber/Archer/Lancer/Jeanne and Rider/Caster/Berserker/Jack - 9/10 per pool
New Year 2017 - all non-limited 5* to date split between each class (Jeanne thrown in the Assassin pool with lonely Jack) - 2-4 per pool
2nd Anniversary - all 5* to date thrown into one massive group - 57 total
New Year 2018 - all 5* to date split between Saber/Archer/Lancer/Ruler/Avenger and Rider/Caster/Assassin/Berserker/(Kiara/Melt/Abby) - 27/30 per pool
3rd Anniversary - all 5* to date split by class (all Extras grouped together) for half price - 7-10 per pool
New Year 2019 - all limited-only 5* to date thrown into one group for half price - 43 total

So going by the rough pattern so far, either limited-only split into two pools or jumping straight to limited-only by class seems to be a good bet.

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
At least it seems the part 2 chapters have been well received in general and i've yet to see people calling them bad.
When you say part 2 do you mean the lost belts?
10 SQ per Singularity cleared (this is a new form of mission, so you'll get them whenever you clear the Singularity so there's no need to rush)
As daily login bonuses: 10 million QP, 100k friend points, 10 gold ALL exp, 10 hp and 10 atk Fous (I think they're silver Fous), 100 MP, and 10 tickets.
Holmes trial quest.
Oh, and the paid GSSR, of course (the pool is every SSR so your odds of getting the one you want are low).

Things we MIGHT POSSIBLY get if they continue the trend of us getting the improvements from the next anniversary but SHOULD NOT expect:
Increased 50-day login SQ (20 -> 30) retroactively, so an older player can get a bunch at once.
Damn that's a lot of good stuff. Hopefully we don't get screwed...

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Holmes trial quest.

Expecting to get screwed over.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
FGO already has the Unregistered Spirit Origin system, though it's not the same thing as a pity rate or spark system; DW doesn't seem generous enough to implement both at the same time. Can't see them phasing out the guaranteed 5* paid banners in favor of a paid choice 5* ticket either if they haven't done so already, though anything's possible.

1st Anniversary - all non-limited 5* to date split between Saber/Archer/Lancer/Jeanne and Rider/Caster/Berserker/Jack - 9/10 per pool
New Year 2017 - all non-limited 5* to date split between each class (Jeanne thrown in the Assassin pool with lonely Jack) - 2-4 per pool
New Year 2018 - all 5* to date split between Saber/Archer/Lancer/Ruler/Avenger and Rider/Caster/Assassin/Berserker/(Kiara/Melt/Abby) - 27/30 per pool
3rd Anniversary - all 5* to date split by class (all Extras grouped together) for half price - 7-10 per pool
New Year 2019 - all limited-only 5* to date thrown into one group for half price - 43 total

So going by the rough pattern so far, either limited-only split into two pools or jumping straight to limited-only by class seems to be a good bet.
Yeah, it's probably too much wishing on my part. Sometimes I wish the Fate series (and FGO in relation) wasn't so popular, that way they would likely be a little more generous with in-game currency and the rates (such as making a proper pity/spark mechanic, and not the current one they have - let's be honest, NP5+'ing a particular Servant isn't exactly easy).

It'll be interesting to see what they do. Then we wait two years to (hopefully) receive the same thing!

Damn that's a lot of good stuff. Hopefully we don't get screwed...
So I hear you like Bronze Fou...

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Because summer is coming I've been working on my default caster team again. I think I finally have something I'm happy with. Well I don't have it, I still need to pull the servants, but it's better than what I have been doing vs assassins which was hoping for the best lol.
Yeah, it's probably too much wishing on my part. Sometimes I wish the Fate series (and FGO in relation) wasn't so popular, that way they would likely be a little more generous with in-game currency and the rates (such as making a proper pity/spark mechanic, and not the current one they have - let's be honest, NP5+'ing a particular Servant isn't exactly easy).

It'll be interesting to see what they do. Then we wait two years to (hopefully) receive the same thing!

So I hear you like Bronze Fou...
LOL. It's sad that I can see it as well. I'll never forget that feeling when they said 10 quartz followed by Albert saying "you see why we couldn't say anything?!"

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
This damn
Megalos + Columbus
fight is the fucking end of me. I might actually have to get rid of my bond CEs and get actual servants in the back row. When Megalos gets a crit on his AOE attack it's like auto remake.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I wanna finish the new story but I want Summer Raikou first to get bond points for her. That or even wait for October time when Raikou comes back for Shimosa.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Megalos didn't have a Loli to protect. He couldn't draw from that source of power.
Also Enkidu didn't have this smile
wWTsygh.jpg

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
This damn
Megalos + Columbus
fight is the fucking end of me. I might actually have to get rid of my bond CEs and get actual servants in the back row. When Megalos gets a crit on his AOE attack it's like auto remake.
I found that using
Euryale and an Arts team
made dealing with them fairly easy. Though I know not everyone can do that, given that the better supports can be hard to come by...

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Will be interesting to see what happens after limited-only by class, but that's probably at least a year away. In the meantime, what I'm hoping is that the next 4* ticket will include some old limited servants, namely the first batch of summer 4*s.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I think it would be cool if Japan got auto-battle like other gachas, would a nice QoL to look forward to

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
I found that using
Euryale and an Arts team
made dealing with them fairly easy. Though I know not everyone can do that, given that the better supports can be hard to come by...
I'll add her to the back row. I'm still trying with the bond farm CEs, I got really close twice now. I just fucked up a run by breaking 1 gauge on Rider and then his buff on Megalos killed everyone since that was their NP turn.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha nope, story freebie servants are over. Remnants give you nothing, and Lostbelts unlock 4* CEs into the story summon pool instead.
That honestly sounds like a huge waste. No one was trying the story summon pool for the story locked servants anyway, so who the heck is gonna try it for CE of all things.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
That honestly sounds like a huge waste. No one was trying the story summon pool for the story locked servants anyway, so who the heck is gonna try it for CE of all things.
Sorry, should have been more specific. You get one free copy of the new CE for clearing the chapter but to get more to MLB it you need to go to story summon. Don't think any of them so far are that worth it though.

Armtiage

Oct 27, 2017
FU
Megalos
and your 4 aoe crits in a row after you NP. Chloe manages to clutch the next two phases with help of an NP command spell and I'm not going to feel the least bit guilty about it.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Megalos has target rate up on Jack, I apply evasion, he attacks someone else and then AOE kills everyone but her. COME ON. I was so close this time, on his last bar.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I just fucked up a run by breaking 1 gauge on Rider and then his buff on Megalos killed everyone since that was their NP turn.
Megalos has target rate up on Jack, I apply evasion, he attacks someone else and then AOE kills everyone but her. COME ON. I was so close this time, on his last bar.
Hold on, wait, are you going after Rider before Megalos? Why? Megalos is by far the bigger threat and should be targeted first.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
There was a moment where it looked like we was going to have character development that didn't turn him into normal Fergus. And then he became normal Fergus.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He was imo the worst offender of repeating the same shit ad infinitum the whole way through, the ending speech was just the cherry on the cake.

I would like to know what the writer was on when they wrote that and what they bribed the editors with to not touch it.

Last edited:

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Same With Scheherazade. She kept repeating the same thing ad nauseam. Also, if every singularity is a world ending threat then no singularity is a world ending threat.

I find it hard to care about stakes and two bit villains when we've already stopped the incineration of man. You can't escalate from that.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I find it hard to care about stakes and two bit villains when we've already stopped the incineration of man. You can't escalate from that.
That's a bit how I feel as well, I wouldn't say I don't care because shinjuku was still a fun romp, but I don't "feel" we're as much in danger as we were in let's say america, camelot, or babylonia.
I'm still interested in the remaining EoR stories though.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
I can see the Bunyan event coming out a little later than the aniversery start, I think that might've happened in Japan too. They've been posting two of the Learning With Manga comics a week for a little while now on their Twitter instead of one, we should get Bunyan's introduction to the comic right around or right after AX.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished clearing Agartha's free quests. I suppose I'll try farming wine until I can get six more, and then... I dunno. Probably a mix of dailies.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Scheherazade proving difficult. My female riders are all rather crappy and I can't burst fast enough. Might actually have to switch to a real lineup...

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Bit of an open question -- for servants outside of the three main supports (Waver/Tamamo/Merlin) and Mash, what are some of the non-NP-charge skills that people have maxed out? Trying to decide what to spend some lores on since I've just kind of been accumulating them without using them too much so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.