• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
GSSR_Tier_List.PNG

Screenshot_20190707-111614.png

Fuahahahahahaha!

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Grats to everyone who got good rolls. There's no one I particularly want so I'm leaving this paid banner (only Tamamo and Bryn really appeal to me).

T-Rex. Chrono I will hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. They didn't didn't mess up this year. Just had to hold back my expectations after last year.
Damn how are people running out of grails now
It's pretty easy when you're taking people to 100. I grailed both Nero Bride and Jeanne Alter to 100. That's 10 already. I wasted 2 on Martha Ruler. Spent 2 on Kintoki and Shiki, both deserved.
OH HEY I GOT SHERLOCK HOLMES IN 6 TICKETS
Congrats bro. I know you've been waiting for him for a long time. You've been on a torrid streak recently. That JP luck spilling over to NA haha.
iuusXjD.png
My thought process as this roll was going on:
Okay, Archer, whew, stayed silver. The only Archer I'd be really happy to get would be Archuria, so the odds would've been bad if that had sparked.
I wonder when the SSR will show up...
Oh, gold!
Oh, Archer. PleasebeArchuriapleasebeArchuriapleasebeArchuriapleasebeArchuria!
Jimmy. Sigh.
Swing and a whiff on this GSSR.
Maybe I'll at least roll a decent CE.
HOLY SHIT RAINBOW SPARKS! IT'S ANOTHER TWO-SSR ROLL!
Assassin. Pleasedon'tbeaJackdupepleasedon'tbeaJackdupepleasedon'tbeaJackdupe!
FUCK YEAH, SHUTEN!
Oh, oh that was so close to a bad result but things turned around.

I spent over $200 failing to get Shuten when her banner premiered. My desire for her has fallen since then, but I'm still very glad to have her. This even lets me look at Jimmy in a more positive light. At the very least, he might make a good catalyst for Summer Fran.
Damn bro, that's a fantastic roll, congratulations. James might not be ideal but he definitely has his uses. If nothing else he's worth it for that Gray Collar sprite.
latest
latest

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty easy when you're taking people to 100. I grailed both Nero Bride and Jeanne Alter to 100. That's 10 already. I wasted 2 on Martha Ruler. Spent 2 on Kintoki and Shiki, both deserved.

I've got Ishtar 100, Ibaraki 90, Surfmo 90, Arash 70 and Bunyan 70 but still have 6 left. That's around 11 grails used I think?

Congrats bro. I know you've been waiting for him for a long time. You've been on a torrid streak recently. That JP luck spilling over to NA haha.

Thank you! I feel like I'm going to have a bad streak to counterbalance that soon though. Hopefully not during summer 2.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
did a roll on the sherlock banner, got a nice pile of trash, but my gssr roll and the one before were good so I don't mind

Idoru

Oct 28, 2017
Got Shiki (Saber) from the GSSR. My 19th SSR. I really thought I would get my first NP2 today.
Sherlock really makes me want to open my wallet for the first time outside of the GSSR. But I think I'll wait for that if Raikou Lancer doesn't come home.

Is anyone grailing Bunyan? I feel very compelled. First I love Berserkers and second I she would really round out my farming team. Mhm.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Ibaraki Lancer is probably the summer lancer I want the most right now too. Hidari is a great artist.

Balma

Oct 27, 2017
I only just realised the 3x success up is tomorrow and I've already levelled up Sherlock like an idiot.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm all out of grails, I only got the 4 I need to take both golden boys from 96 to 100 once this success chance bonus thing drops.

I was pretty sure I was going to grail Summer Ishtar to 90, but now that ash exists... Sorry girl.

Oct 25, 2017
So I don't have great CE but I'm wondering for Okita, would wolves of mibu or Gandr work better? I mean besides the usual sumo, sands, teacher etc

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My GSSR gave me Altera on the first card. I was hoping for another SSR in the ten roll, but no dice. She's new, but at least it's not a dupe.

Nigthwizard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Costa Rica
My GSSR was Hijikata, at least he's limited and new.

I was spooked by Nightingale on the Sherlock banner, but I was able to get him a few rolls later.

I guess it was a good day!

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
No Holmes with 180 SQ and about 25 tickets but my luck has been so good overall I have no room to complain really. I'll throw whatever tickets I get while the banner is still up but I've resigned myself to the fact that I can't win em all (without whaling anyway).

Especially when my GSSR was Gilgamesh!

Been trying to get him ever since his launch banner, probably spent more SQ on him than any other single Servant between all his rate ups, and he always eluded me until now. I've gotten Ishtar and NP2 Orion since then but he's still very much welcome.

Aquila

Oct 27, 2017
Np2 Ozy from GSSR. FML. Useless ce's too. Didn't perform any ritual beforehand so I can only blame myself.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I still haven't made up my mind about which CE to pick. I put my top candidates into Wheel Decide and it landed on Nero, so I'm leaning toward her. On the other hand, it feels like that would be adding insult to Tamamo in addition to the injury of her not getting a CE in the first place. But back on the first hand, I do have a Nero figurine staring at me...

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The first Case Files episode was pretty good, but I feel bad for Luvia fans if they are going to actually skip right over her arc. Also lots of Zero fanservice.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I shouldn't laugh because that's super corny but I did.
At least my humor works on some people, haha.

Got Merlin from the GSSR!! It felt like such a huge victory after wasting hundreds of quartz on his banner then another couple hundred failing to get Moriarty during the original Shinjuku banner. Even a NP3 Tamamo-no-Mae spooked me throwing tickets at Holmes shortly after. This was such a pick-me-up night after experiencing a near six month drought of SSR rolls this year.

Chrono, if he can answer my call he will for you too!!!
Nice, congrats man! Happy to see someone here get him, especially given how much you spent for him last time. I failed, but I'm happy with Amakusa. I'll try again when Merlin returns in a few months, and if I fail then...well, that's that, I guess. :(

I'm Very happy I got NP2 Bryn as I wanted to roll for her in the upcoming Nerofest banner. Can't wait for her animation update now.

Noto Mamiko roll
l8sVaPu.jpg
Doulbe SSR pulls make me all tingly. Congrats!

Got Waver! After getting Xuanzang twice in the caster GSSR last year, I ironically got the caster I wanted in the banner with even less of a chance of getting him.

Only problem now is out of the 4 SSRs I got, 3 of them are casters, so I'm pretty unbalanced in team comps.
Congrats on your first Waver! He's indeed a useful character.

Man, when you roll on a new banner, get a loading screen, and it's a damn 3* CE. Worst civ.
I debate whether I should close my eyes so I don't get to see whether there's a loading prompt or not, as it tends to get your hopes up. I never do though, so I fully embrace the possible disappointment when it does show.

Images you can hear.

Congrats!

T-Rex. Chrono I will hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. They didn't didn't mess up this year. Just had to hold back my expectations after last year.
Yeah, I'm really impressed with how they handled this year's anniversary. You were right to be skeptical, given last year, but they really turned things around. It's really cool to see. There is hope!

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
It's basically the way the Japanese streams were handled. Lots of fluff with the voice actors and then actual news.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is Sherlock Holmes actually good ?

Yes and no. He has a coherent skillset + NP which revolves around Arts crits and piercing defense/invuln/evade shenanigans. He's mostly geared towards challenge quests like his other 2 Ruler compatriots, but he has a fairly larger niche where he can be useful.

You can't plug 'n chug him into any team comp like Raikou or Gil, but he does enable very interesting strategies and combinations. All in all he's a cool character with a fun skillset. I'm happy to have rolled for him, but I also have or plan to have the servants and CEs needed to unlock his full potential.

Here's a pic of me fighting Salter with Holmes + Mash + Jeanne D'erp. Mash went down on turn 79 and was replaced with Waver --> Medea Lily.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Very specifically good.

If you already have a good art crits setup (have any of Hans, Lancelot, casgil, etc) he facilitates that sort of team to game breaking levels.

After playing with him for the better part of today, I think Hans pairs very well with him (to no one's surprise :p). However, a primary DPS like Lancelot is a must because Sherlock's damage output is consistent but insufficient. I say this because while his crits are impressive when the machine is well oiled (~20 - 30K), his star gather only procs 20% of the time (assuming you've leveled it to 10 AND you get his face cards when the skill refreshes). If we do calculates based on my attempt above with a crit stall team, it's about 30K/turn type team. Not bad for a team that doesn't have class advantage and no offensive NP.

I've also been trying out different CEs. I have a MLB'd Formal Craft, but haven't slapped that on him yet. Tried Knight's Dignity which should pair very well with him considering his innate 50% damage resistance, but he simply doesn't crit often enough to fully utilize its effects. Instead I tried the bath CE (25% crit up + 4 crit stars/turn), that one leads to slightly more consistent crits. If I had a second 2030 CE, I'd slap it onto him no question. I also have a couple NP Gain up CEs, but apparently it's overkill seeing as he already charges his NP quick enough.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
It's basically the way the Japanese streams were handled. Lots of fluff with the voice actors and then actual news.
Shame we missed on the small talk as even an english speaker can hear that they aren't translating everything. They missed the Gorilla joke when talking about Gawain and outright skip the part where Cu was mention.

Last edited:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, that was quite a turn. I don't think it was for the better, but we'll see how they end things soon enough.

Also, seeing Thomas Edison working in a bizarre version of Chicago reminded me of the Time's Eye trilogy.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, i've just been forcibly disconnected while clicking on the second to last Extra mission quartz and now both that one and the last one is now marked as already taken while i did not get the quartz.
Just lost Singularity F and Investigate the bridge mission quartz it seems.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Seems claiming the 2 SQ from Fuyuki causes problems. Claiming them can cause the game to crash and they don't show up afterwards. Could be a cause of emergency maintenance.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I collected the 10 SQ from Fuyuki first and got an error. Logging back in shows its been collected. So I collected 82 SQ, not 92.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently those are the SQ you get for clearing Fuyuki the first time and shouldn't be claimable again. Then they were, causing the app to crash. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.