• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, what a night... I was up past 1 AM because I was in the zone drawing a catalyst for Jarcher (or as in the zone as someone without talent or skill can be), woke up early because my body was excited to roll only to find out there was a power outage (and my JP account is on an emulator on my PC, so no power = no play), couldn't fall back to sleep...

But ya know, when the power finally came back on, my catalyst WORKED.
zZZXGEM.jpg
Ten tickets and one 10-roll. I came in under budget!

Oct 25, 2017
IMO, Chaldea Dreamfire aren't exactly very rewarding for the average player. It doesn't come with a shiny bond CE which you can flaunt (and also sometimes useful).

To begin with, getting Bond10 is not easy to attain. Going 10⇒11 (1.1m points) alone is almost going Bond 0⇒10 again. You need almost 7m bond exp to get from 10 to 15.

It's been almost a year since Dreamfire came, and they only gave away 2 pieces (+12 from monthly RP Shop). I gave those two to Tamamo and Ereshkigal. Tamamo is still 380k bond points away from Bond 11 while Eresh is 980k away.

I've been on FGO between 1.5 to 2 years, and to date I only have four Servants at Bond 10, with two Servants at Bond 9 (one very close to 10). Others are at eight and below.

Of course, my experience is not exactly a good reference (esp. for the hardcore players); I don't chuck the same servant to get bond 10 ASAP. I rarely farm outside of events, I'm fine with not 3T-ing quests majority of the time, I prioritize event servants, and servants I need or want to use (farming/story/etc). And I also use max bond servants on story/CQs if I feel like it.

30 gems per level is nice and Bond 11+ gives bragging rights, but it's still hidden behind farming.
It's more that there are a lot of people who stop using servants once they've reached bond 10 cos of efficiency reasons/for the bond SQ so the bond unlockers get rid of that issue. For them to hide it behind RP is kind of shitty imo.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
yeah it would be nice if there was a way to get unlockers outside of RP, maybe add one in event shops every now and then

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
In celebration of Raikou getting into FGO Arcade, and the hope that Summer Raikou will some day grace my Chaldea, I have returned my avatar to be that of Raikou!

Not Raikou but instead Misa Suzuhara, but you wouldn't know the difference if I didn't tell you!

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
In celebration of Raikou getting into FGO Arcade, and the hope that Summer Raikou will some day grace my Chaldea, I have returned my avatar to be that of Raikou!

Not Raikou but instead Misa Suzuhara, but you wouldn't know the difference if I didn't tell you!
Oh I definitely would trust me, I know where that comes from
edit: also

DoqKX4X.png

Last edited:

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else going to just hang on to the daily material tickets for as long as possible (until expiration or you need the present box space) before redeeming them for whatever your most pressing need is at the time?

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else going to just hang on to the daily material tickets for as long as possible (until expiration or you need the present box space) before redeeming them for whatever your most pressing need is at the time?
That's my plan. I'm not sure what I'll need most in the future, so I'm hanging onto them until some more future has arrived.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
My experience with apocrypha so far can be summed up roughly like - first 3 episodes: this feels a bit too fast but it's enjoyable and there's potential for a fun romp with cool characters. Pretty kickass opening too.
Episode 4: oh, I guess this is where the cracks start to show. From how the anime has been structured so far I imagine this was supposed to be the climax of the first LN volume, but the events depicted lacked any sort of meaningful weight to them due to the aforementioned fast pace. Fights were too short and hectic, Siegfried's entire character arc was (poorly) addressed and resolved in under a minute, events had little time to breathe. It all felt anti-climactic.
Episodes 5 and 6: Mordred and her master are definitely the stand-out duo as of now. Those flashbacks, like Bedi's in FGO, just make me wish for a Camelot anime someday (actual Camelot, not the singularity) even though it'll never happen. I did laugh when Mordred asked the soldier why he was rebelling against the king and his answer was "he's too perfect!" lmao. "The only thing I don't like about King Arthur is that he's almost too good".jpeg.

Anyway, the anime is enjoyable enough going in with adjusted expectations. It's nothing special compared to the better fate stories, but it's cool to get some screentime with servants from FGO that I had little to no exposure before and the premise itself is interesting. However, I will say that for a series selling itself as a more action-oriented HGW, its action sequences could be a little more elaborate.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, the anime is enjoyable enough going in with adjusted expectations. It's nothing special compared to the better fate stories, but it's cool to get some screentime with servants from FGO that I had little to no exposure before and the premise itself is interesting. However, I will say that for a series selling itself as a more action-oriented HGW, its action sequences could be a little more elaborate.
Don't worry, the 2nd half of the series has you covered. I actually strongly disliked Apoc initially, but it has really strong episodes near the end and they completely won me over.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I need like 300 bones and have 20 lol.
Episodes 5 and 6: Mordred and her master are definitely the stand-out duo as of now.
Should have been the main characters.
Don't worry, the 2nd half of the series has you covered. I actually strongly disliked Apoc initially, but it has really strong episodes near the end and they completely won me over.
I think it's only like the last two episodes though. The rest of the second half is completely nonsensical lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's only like the last two episodes though. The rest of the second half is completely nonsensical lol.
I can't agree, I thought the show was a hot mess until the second half. It has really strong direction that makes up for the source material's shortcomings. I actually think most people agree with this cos I remember everyone in the discord server being super down on Apoc as well until they just went fuck it and went batshit with the action etc at which point opinion changed and I think that was from like #16 onwards? Don't remember exactly though, it's been a while.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I can't agree, I thought the show was a hot mess until the second half. It has really strong direction that makes up for the source material's shortcomings. I actually think most people agree with this cos I remember everyone in the discord server being super down on Apoc as well until they just went fuck it and went batshit with the action etc at which point opinion changed and I think that was from like #16 onwards? Don't remember exactly though, it's been a while.
Community also said CCC is top 4. Dunno if that holds weight lol.

So this is what I remember of the second half. The forced romance begins then. I don't think there was anything redeeming about that. It made no sense and came completely out of left field. Sieg took over as main character, but had absolutely no personality. The Jack subplot was bad. Like real bad. The plot was rushed and wasn't anything complicated in the first half, but it made sense at least. There's very little in the second half that was good. The legit action really kicks off at 20, and I think the animators change in 21. That's when you're like ok they've said fuck it we'll just provide some fan service and call it a day. But that's like final quarter as opposed to second half haha.

I still think the Atlanta Achilles scene was one of the best in the show though. Also Mordred's final moments too.

Oct 25, 2017
Community also said CCC is top 4. Dunno if that holds weight lol.

So this is what I remember of the second half. The forced romance begins then. I don't think there was anything redeeming about that. It made no sense and came completely out of left field. Sieg took over as main character, but had absolutely no personality. The Jack subplot was bad. Like real bad. The plot was rushed and wasn't anything complicated in the first half, but it made sense at least. There's very little in the second half that was good. The legit action really kicks off at 20, and I think the animators change in 21. That's when you're like ok they've said fuck it we'll just provide some fan service and call it a day. But that's like final quarter as opposed to second half haha.

I still think the Atlanta Achilles scene was one of the best in the show though. Also Mordred's final moments too.
Right, but that's what I mean: the source material remains garbage throughout the entire show. I don't think the writing suddenly becomes amazing in the second half (although there are some really nice character moments such as the ones you mentioned). It's more that I don't think the first half really has anything going for it, it's just a mediocre adaptation of a mediocre LN series. With the second half the direction I feel makes up completely for the shortcomings, and I don't think it's just two episodes either.

Chiron vs Achilles is hype af, then you get #22 which is an absolute spectacle (and I think I actually prefer Jeanne vs Atalante to Karna vs Sieg just because it has more emotional weight to it), and then Sieg vs Amakusa, Amakusa/Semi final moments in the final stretch. I think there are like 4 episodes of high quality there whereas the first half has absolutely nothing imo.

I think you're looking at it in regards to the story/plot whereas I just think that's really mediocre throughout, but the staff enhance the shit they're working with from #18 onwards (iirc) in contrast to the first half which is just average. There's no real standout anything.

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Right, but that's what I mean: the source material remains garbage throughout the entire show. I don't think the writing suddenly becomes amazing in the second half (although there are some really nice character moments such as the ones you mentioned). It's more that I don't think the first half really has anything going for it, it's just a mediocre adaptation of a mediocre LN series. With the second half the direction I feel makes up completely for the shortcomings, and I don't think it's just two episodes either.

Chiron vs Achilles is hype af, then you get #22 which is an absolute spectacle (and I think I actually prefer Jeanne vs Atalante to Karna vs Sieg just because it has more emotional weight to it), and then Sieg vs Amakusa, Amakusa/Semi final moments in the final stretch. I think there are like 4 episodes of high quality there whereas the first half has absolutely nothing imo.

I think you're looking at it in regards to the story/plot whereas I just think that's really mediocre throughout, but the staff enhance the shit they're working with from #18 onwards (iirc) in contrast to the first half which is just average. There's no real standout anything.
Ah ok, got ya. Yeah I could probably agree with that. I think the Mordred parts in the first half are good but yeah there's not a whole lot else going for it. I think a big part of what I personally disliked about the second half was the fact that Mordred basically gets removed from our focus, but she was the only thing I thought was really going for it in the first half.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I liked when Mordred or Semiramis were on screen and made watching the show worth it, Amakusa was also cool.

This is also very important

unknown.png

Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok, got ya. Yeah I could probably agree with that. I think the Mordred parts in the first half are good but yeah there's not a whole lot else going for it. I think a big part of what I personally disliked about the second half was the fact that Mordred basically gets removed from our focus, but she was the only thing I thought was really going for it in the first half.
Facts, she really was great. Her relationship with her master especially.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I explained my love for Apocrypha before and won't retread that, but I'll say a lot of the love comes not from the overarching plot but the stories between characters.

Semiramis and her Master Amakusa from start to finish I loved this understated and highly passive romance.
Mordred and Shishigou's bonding, together they helped eachother to better understand their dreams.
The Greek heroes, Student Vs. Master, and late Achilles X Atalanta. (Breaks my heart everytime what broke her.)
Karna's incessant need to be honorable at all times, even if it's disadvantageous to him.
The humanization between Fran and her Master.
Astolfo's endeavors to make sure something was saved even though he knew he couldn't win. (Also just his plucky attitude in general is so lovely.)
The tragedy of Jack. (Which was covered way better in the books I admit.)

The Grail War which holds all this together is meh, the Masters are mostly meh... the love is in the deets. :)

That said there's a also a bit of lore which I think would be interesting to explore more as well, a prequel to Apocrypha has Fate/Zero style tragedy written all over it.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
It was a disappointing show (to me) because the entire budget went into the animation for the last three big fights
Mord v Semi, Altante vs Bros and Karna vs Sieg/Sumanai
and pretty much everything in the middle on is near-worthless filler outside a few choice moments. Oh and the
Sieg/Jeanne thing
was cringe city. There are over the top plot points that are fun but outside of Astolfo everyone took themselves too seriously for the ridiculousness of the situation most of the time.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Spent the 70 SQ I was saving for Caster Nero because I realized I don't really give a shit about her. After my shit first roll and the Marie was almost in despair, until I saw dem rainbow sparks.

QQNrwcU.png

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Spent the 70 SQ I was saving for Caster Nero because I realized I don't really give a shit about her. After my shit first roll and the Marie was almost in despair, until I saw dem rainbow sparks.

QQNrwcU.png
Congrats, that quite an amazing roll.
Artoria archer is also one of the servants where np2 is even better than just additional dmg, since it makes it easier to use her second skills while keeping full NP.

Alexiell

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
8 tickets and 60sq: 2 5* camelot bois CE, S!Marie and fucking OG Jeanne.

Watching that gold ruler flip over to jeanneu was a trip. Quite the spook.

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
23 rolls for Altria, no go. Got NP2 Martha though. Getting Tamalancer from the paid gacha makes this sting less.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
One 10 roll to NP2 archuria.

I really hope this doesn't curse my summer 2 luck. Counting NP upgrades and my jp account I've had 8 SSRs in less than 300SQ recently, and that's across both accounts.

lGUlhay.jpg

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Grats on the NP Archurias! She is still my go to unit for most challenge quests. Easily the best ST Archer in the game.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Did the crab quest.

Not really that hard, but then again I dunno if anything is that hard if you have tamamo/merlin.

Did it with Ishtar/Tamamo/merlin

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Did 2 x10 pulls, first one was meh, second one was good

K5Z8zUy.jpg

now the wait for summer 2 begins

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

I really hope this doesn't curse my summer 2 luck. Counting NP upgrades and my jp account I've had 8 SSRs in less than 300SQ recently, and that's across both accounts.

lGUlhay.jpg
Did 2 x10 pulls, first one was meh, second one was good

K5Z8zUy.jpg

now the wait for summer 2 begins
Congrats, you two!

I really want her, but since she really requires NP2 (and that's more investment than I'm willing to give), I'll hold off on pulling. My tickets will be saved for Summer Nero/Lancer Raikou.

Edit: Used two tickets since I was one off from MLB'ing the 5* event CE, got Archuria on my second one ( saw the loading prompt and a silver Archer card turned gold)! I really...really want to try for NP2 now, but I know what greed is like. I'll try again later when we get the 14 Million Download campaign, which hopefully comes after Merlin so I know how much I can spend.

Last edited:

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Did two ten rolls and got nothing. Threw 2 tickets and came home with Archuria =/.

I have literally gotten all my SSRs from tickets.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Did two ten rolls and got nothing. Threw 2 tickets and came home with Archuria =/.

I have literally gotten all my SSRs from tickets.
Haha, same here. I didn't use SQ, but tickets have been insanely lucky for me lately. I managed to get all of my last four Servants with them, that being Okita, Kiara, Raikou, and now Archuria.

Servants coming to you in tickets apparently mean they love you, so it feels good.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Haha, same here. I didn't use SQ, but tickets have been insanely lucky for me lately. I managed to get all of my last four Servants with them, that being Okita, Kiara, Raikou, and now Archuria.

Servants coming to you in tickets apparently mean they love you, so it feels good.
That it does. Here's to being just as lucky for future banners.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Wtf is this super luck going round. Maybe I should roll too lol. I don't really have any interest in Archuria though. Congrats everyone who got her though.

lGUlhay.jpg
Lottery ticket bruh, lottery ticket.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
tickets are good civ!

And gratz to everyone who rolled and got archuria! (keep her well fed)
They really are. I think one of them might have been from the summer event too, assuming the game pulls from the most recent obtained ticket and not the oldest. It kind of makes it extra special when you think of it that way.

Shame I don't have any XP to level her with, as the 2x/3x campaign left me dry. At least I managed to basically level/ascend every single one of my 1/2/3/4/5* Servants to their final ascensions (aside for maybe 2-3), so the anniversary campaign was highly productive for me. I'm a bit behind in the summer event because of it, so I've been burning apples all evening to try to catch up so I can jump into the second part (maybe by tonight I'll be there).

Wtf is this super luck going round. Maybe I should roll too lol. I don't really have any interest in Archuria though. Congrats everyone who got her though.

Lottery ticket bruh, lottery ticket.
It's worth throwing in a few, just in-case there's some secret ultra hidden rate-up or something. No more than five though, as that's when despair starts to set in. If you do try for her, I wish you luck. Hopefully you'll be as fortunate as some of us here!

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I'm a bit behind in the summer event because of it, so I've been burning apples all evening to try to catch up so I can jump into the second part (maybe by tonight I'll be there).
I'm behind as well, I just farmed and jumped into the event only on the last day of the 1/2 AP campaign because I was fed up with the grind, luckily all I wanted from the first shop were proofs and wines for Raikou Lancer (don't have enough to 10/10/10 though).
From part 2 I want the hearts, then I guess I'll get the gold fous since those are rare and I'll go from there.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm behind as well, I just farmed and jumped into the event only on the last day of the 1/2 AP campaign because I was fed up with the grind, luckily all I wanted from the first shop were proofs and wines for Raikou Lancer (don't have enough to 10/10/10 though).
From part 2 I want the hearts, then I guess I'll get the gold fous since those are rare and I'll go from there.
I was going to ask who needed the wines, so I guess that answers my question. I'll grab them then, just in-case the tickets bless me again with Summer Raikou.

I don't blame you for delaying the event until then, the anniversary event was too good. Thankfully that's what apples are for! Also, really need those hearts as well, so definitely focusing on that afterwards. It's going to be a busy couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.