• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I just realized that Mash has sort of grown on me over time, she's a good kouhai.
BB is still my favourite kouhai though.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so reading a more complete summary of Kanou's famitsu interview he was indeed talking about animations: "Servants who have already been given an animation renewal can be given one again". That's encouraging for year 1 servants. And Prison Tower being available on the Rare Prism shop is a one time thing because Dante's important to the story and the writers wanted to make the event available to everyone, but it's apparently hard to implement reruns like this so no other event is going to receive the same treatment. Instead, we'll be getting new events where welfares can be obtained in a regular basis or something like that. Good news for those who didn't want events locked behind the rare prism shop. You're still missing on the stories but hey at least you get the welfare.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the joke would work better if she didn't just get an alter last year.
She's been powercrept pretty hard in under a year, and could use a strengthening even more than the original Okita. Easily the most underwhelming 5* Alter Ego right now.

Ok, so reading a more complete summary of Kanou's famitsu interview he was indeed talking about animations: "Servants who have already been given an animation renewal can be given one again". That's encouraging for year 1 servants. And Prison Tower being available on the Rare Prism shop is a one time thing because Dante's important to the story and the writers wanted to make the event available to everyone, but it's apparently hard to implement reruns like this so no other event is going to receive the same treatment. Instead, we'll be getting new events where welfares can be obtained in a regular basis or something like that. Good news for those who didn't want events locked behind the rare prism shop. You're still missing on the stories but hey at least you get the welfare.
I didn't consider that the data for old events can't be simply reused. There are a number of ways to make rereruns more enticing for long-time players. Throw a bond grail in their event shop, give the featured welfare an animation update/strengthening/costume to go with it, some revamped farming nodes that include newer mats, etc. A 3rd Golden Sumo doesn't sound terrible either. Good that it's on their minds, even if it isn't a big priority for now.

So he was talking about animation updates when referring to how servants who got one can still get another. Good news for all updated but big head sprites like Gil and Okita. Some servants that should have gotten one this year didn't, nice that they admitted they're behind schedule and want to do better.

Last edited:

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
If I were to throw in another few tickets, I'm not sure if I should go for Nero for her farming capabilities even though I'm drowning in AoE Casters including CasGil, or if I should go for Raikou since beyond Cu and Jaguar the next best ST Lancer I have is just Vlad Extra.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whoever said Summer NIto's animations in 1st Ascension is superior to her 2nd and 3rd were super correct. They're hilarious. Headbutt attack!

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
200+ rolls on the CCC and summer 2019 banners combined and only have three SR's to show for it in servants. Pretty brutal year for me since New Years.

kamen_tater

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled on Nobbu rate up and got lucky with 5 tickets and 4 10 pulls. First 10 pull got Summer Nero, second got nothing, third got nothing. I was gonna stop at 3 10 pulls to save for Raikou rate up, but decided to do another because I got Nero on the first one anyway so I wouldn't feel that bad if Nobbu didn't show up. Got Nobbu and another Summer Nero on the fourth 10 pull. Hopefully this luck continues on Raikou day.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
The expectation seems to be that the CM for Summer 4 will drop during the airing of the next Case Files episode in less than twelve hours. There are probably three Summer Servants left to reveal (maybe four, but probably three). I'm going to finalize my predictions.

Meltryllis - Lip is a bonus Servant and the two are a pair. If Lip is appearing, odds are that Melt is, too. And if OG Melt isn't a bonus Servant, maybe a variant is.
Okita - come on, it's a sword-fighting tournament (I think) and they've been teasing her for years. Be nice, DW! Alternatively, be complete assholes, DW, and give the swimsuit to Okitan instead.
Ereshkigal - I have no justification for this one; I simply want it to happen.

If they were still obeying the pattern of a Japanese Berserker becoming a Lancer, that would indicate Chacha, but they've been breaking so many patterns that I think this will be another one.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The lack of an interlude or strengthening is kinda weird at first, but does she really need them though?

Her kit is good as is, and her NP is super strong.
Yeah she does. I gave my detailed thoughts on why she's below the top 2 back when Musashi's banner was up. Quoted it if you're interested.
Right now I would say Musashi is way ahead. They have different gameplans (they quite literally emphasise the gameplans of Buster and Quick respectively) which does make it a bit difficult to compare, but they're also similar in the fact they have great burst potential, while not as strong dps over time due to all their skills only lasting one turn.

For a more fair comparison I'm going to ignore Merlin exists. The reason being is I want to explain why Musashi is strong regardless of the current meta.

So Musashi's gameplan is simply to hit everything with her 3 buster cards. Quite frankly any servant who is not a berserker and has a berserker deck is good because they will consistently hit hard while avoiding the weaknesses of berserkers. Her mana burst is one of the best in the game because it goes through invincibility, and her first skill allows her to get around 50% NP charge once every 6 turns (not including crits). Coupled with a crit focused team comp she hits very hard and can pretty much fully charge her NP with her first skill.

Okita's gameplan is to spam crits and NP. She uses her quick cards to generate stars and NP, and her second skill to secure crits when not many stars were generated. Her other two skills are reasonably standard. The problem Okita has is quick cards are just bad. Even on a crit they hit for nothing. On top of that she doesn't really have anything to boost her NP gain rate. Having a quick mana burst imo is good for a single NP, but overall I would say it's worse than Kintoki's 3 turn 30% quick buff because it allows his quick cards to consistently gain NP, as well as help with star gen (ignoring the extra boost his skill gives to star gen). So in short while her skills are fine I feel like they don't compliment her gameplan nearly as much as they could.

The benefit she has is as she generates stars she's less dependent on her team to do so. Equally she's less dependent on a gather CE. While you can run Joint Recital on Musashi in a crit team, her star weight is average and you'll only be generating around 25 stars a turn. On turns after Okita had quick cards you will have a good amount of stars, and when you don't you have her gather skill. This gives her a bit more flexibility overall. However for me this isn't enough when the damage of quick cards are so low.

This will definitely trigger people and I will be in the minority when I say this, but for me Okita is a tier below Musashi right now. When Skadi comes out I think she covers most of her weakness (3 turn quick buff, 100% quick crit damage, and most importantly the 50% np charge) and at that point I'll have Okita back in tier 1. But for me personally I would still have her behind Musashi.

All this being said if you have Okita I don't really think going for a Musashi is an overly good investment unless you're already fine in every other class. But if you don't have a strong ST saber and you're wondering who to go for then I would say now is the time to roll. The only reason to not roll in this situation would be if you want Nero Bride.
Imo Nero Bride is also tier 1 but for completely different reasons, and it's a lot harder to compare her to these two. What I will say is after she gets her NP interlude later this year I personally have her and Musashi as 1a 1b. Pick which style you like and put that one as 1a.

Bride often gets called a DPS support, but I always think that's incorrect because it's more like she's both a DPS and a support. Her very strong np with a 5 turn enemy def debuff and her 3 turn 40% attack buff means she hits very hard, and her high NP gain rate with a skill that further boosts her NP gain means she hits very hard often. People often say she can only be a DPS in arts teams, which also isn't true. I've done the testing and in a crit focused team she gains an insane amount of NP, and again her 40% 3 turn attack buff allows her to hit hard consistently. It does help though that most crit supports are casters or arts servants as they compliment her gameplan as a DPS.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
300 sq and 27 tickets coming in for casNero, np2 nightingale, penth which was a pleasant surprise, and np2 fran, 2nd kspcope as well which is nice, but so many minimum rolls.

All I wanted was nobuzerker, at least I got her on my first 10 roll after buying a pack though. Hopefully my raikou rolls are better.

Penth was going to be my Sr ticket piick have to rethink that, maybe Tristan.

Last edited:

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Congrats, but 300 SQ for 2 SSR's + 3 SR's is freaking great?
I have mostly given up on Nero. *sigh*

I see so many new Penth's these last few days. You might think she's on (spook) rate-up or something.

Annoying that there's no 2nd 3 star Servant with event drop bonus for summer part 2. Can't field a full event CE setup for every currency due to the max. 111 cost. Gotta need that Master Level 140 asap.

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Really happy with the Gawain buff, probably my fav out of this batch, by far, all he needs now is an interlude with a np buff and he's really good.

My np3 Gawain going to put in some work in a few years.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Used 30 tickets to get NP2 Nobu and ended up getting spooked by Nightengale and Herc. I also got 2 more copies of Nero bumping her up to NP4.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Finally able to grail best boy.

2PaoHre.jpg

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The expectation seems to be that the CM for Summer 4 will drop during the airing of the next Case Files episode in less than twelve hours. There are probably three Summer Servants left to reveal (maybe four, but probably three). I'm going to finalize my predictions.

Meltryllis - Lip is a bonus Servant and the two are a pair. If Lip is appearing, odds are that Melt is, too. And if OG Melt isn't a bonus Servant, maybe a variant is.
Okita - come on, it's a sword-fighting tournament (I think) and they've been teasing her for years. Be nice, DW! Alternatively, be complete assholes, DW, and give the swimsuit to Okitan instead.
Ereshkigal - I have no justification for this one; I simply want it to happen.

If they were still obeying the pattern of a Japanese Berserker becoming a Lancer, that would indicate Chacha, but they've been breaking so many patterns that I think this will be another one.
My final predictions:
Melt for the same reason as W-00
Medusa - because there will probably be 1 Takeuchi servant. I think Melt is more likely to be the part 2 5* at this point, and I can't see Okita being a limited 4*
Taiga - because someone noticed she was in an exhibition match quest with 2 other summer servants last year, and is also spotted in an old summer CE. Seems like bullshit speculation, but it's out of left field enough for me to believe it.

Edit: just looked up Maid Alter's "buff". The hell, DW?

Last edited:

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Congrats, but 300 SQ for 2 SSR's + 3 SR's is freaking great?
I have mostly given up on Nero. *sigh*

I see so many new Penth's these last few days. You might think she's on (spook) rate-up or something.

Annoying that there's no 2nd 3 star Servant with event drop bonus for summer part 2. Can't field a full event CE setup for every currency due to the max. 111 cost. Gotta need that Master Level 140 asap.

If you have the CEs, I actually dropped Babbage (so a +1 bonus since I can't fit anymore 5* CE) for Mash and a 5* Gacha CE (for a +2 bonus).

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
They duped me into watching an entire episode of anime, for CM that didn't exist, the bastards. Do I look like some kinda anime watching weeb?
A personal insult, nothing less!

Luvia kicked some ass tho

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
If you have the CEs, I actually dropped Babbage (so a +1 bonus since I can't fit anymore 5* CE) for Mash and a 5* Gacha CE (for a +2 bonus).
Talking about gold currency, that would work if I only went with 4 star Servants and had more Gacha 5 star CE's. Doesn't help me achieve more bonus drop.

They duped me into watching an entire episode of anime, for CM that didn't exist, the bastards. Do I look like some kinda anime watching weeb?

What episode?

Last edited:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
El Melloi II Case Files. There was a lot of speculation that the CM would air during it, but it didn't. Much disappointment.

I hope the CM will come out soon. I'm getting tired of not knowing if my SQ will be safe when the event reaches NA (on JP I'll probably roll for Merlin even if none of the ladies are appealing).

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Well it finally happened. My luck officially ran out (much to some people's happiness I'm sure lol). Was unable to get Nobu in 300 SQ. I could still use another 120 as I saved 600 for this banner and only used 180 on the initial banner, but it's best to quit while you're not too far behind and I have my rules for a reason. I figured I would give Nobu my standard 100 pulls (my budget for a 4*) and remain +40 overall. I got a couple of good/new things but nothing that said it was worth using 300 quartz on. Still, this is gacha. I hope for the best and expect nothing.

I'm mainly annoyed that she was a core part of my planned Assassin team, so now I have to rework that. Jeanne Zerker would actually work well in a different capacity but waiting until next year is kind of long. Equally I could build solely around KH. Have 5 casters and expect them to die, but constantly supporting KH and keeping him buffed and healthy. Much to think about.

Edit: also for people who think I only post my successes, here's proof I don't lmao. I genuinely just pull like 3 times a year. After Raikou's banner I won't be pulling seriously until Feb time (KnK!)

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

With #SwimsuitCM trending in Japan during and after that airing (still #12), it looks like a lot of people were duped.

Well it finally happened. My luck officially ran out (much to some people's happiness I'm sure lol). Was unable to get Nobu in 300 SQ. I could still use another 120 as I saved 600 for this banner and only used 180 on the initial banner, but it's best to quit while you're not too far behind and I have my rules for a reason. I figured I would give Nobu my standard 100 pulls (my budget for a 4*) and remain +40 overall. I got a couple of good/new things but nothing that said it was worth using 300 quartz on. Still, this is gacha. I hope for the best and expect nothing.

I'm mainly annoyed that she was a core part of my planned Assassin team, so now I have to rework that. Jeanne Zerker would actually work well in a different capacity but waiting until next year is kind of long. Equally I could build solely around KH. Have 5 casters and expect them to die, but constantly supporting KH and keeping him buffed and healthy. Much to think about.

Edit: also for people who think I only post my successes, here's proof I don't lmao. I genuinely just pull like 3 times a year. After Raikou's banner I won't be pulling seriously until Feb time (KnK!)
Ouch. Good for you for sticking to your rules. Resisting that "maybe the next roll will be it" train of thought isn't easy.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Ouch. Good for you for sticking to your rules. Resisting that "maybe the next roll will be it" train of thought isn't easy.
Yeah it's very easy to get on that train. I've been playing gacha for a fair number of years now so I know that you need to be disciplined if you want to be F2P and limit the amount of frustration/disappointment you feel. Nothing is guaranteed in gacha.

In hindsight I wish I had saved that SQ for a wild attempt to MLB Hot Sands lmao.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's trust your instincts.

This was me a couple of weeks ago.
Ughh y'all are tempting me. I dunno why I just have a bad feeling about waiting for the Nobu banner. Maybe I'll test the water tomorrow.
Pulled on the main banner, gets Nero in 180 quartz.

Pulled on Nobu banner. Nothing (well, not much/not what I wanted) in 300 quartz.

Said to myself "I don't feel confident about waiting for Mama's banner now...but I do feel confident going now. I'll use 10-15 tickets today and see" (100 tickets total saved specifically for Raikou)

14th ticket.

Gold sparks.

Lancer.

MAMA RAIKOU!!!

Justice has been served.

Justice.

I am done with summer. I am basically done with 2019. A few banners I will do some minor pulls on but nothing major.
one thing is and always will be

1552355676010.jpg
lol! This is true. Apologies if I came off salty, I really wasn't. Disappointed ofc, but just wanted to show that garbage runs happen to me too.

Last edited:

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
lol! This is true. Apologies if I came off salty. I really wasn't. Disappointed ofc, but just wanted to show that garbage runs happen to me too.
nah you didn't come off salty, I just thought it was a nice line to follow up with a joke.

And gratz on Raikou!

MqcfP7E.png

Last edited:

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
No SR Servant at all (not even a spook?) in 10 multi's is pretty shitty luck.
I already felt bad for not managing to get Nitocris in the 4 multi's that I rolled on her solo rate up.

But yeah, you still managed to get Nero and Raikou, so reason to be satisfied, I think.

And btw. I appreciate you trying to be mindful of the folks less fortunate, but don't feel like you have to actually "hide" your good rolls or something. :D

nah you didn't come off salty, I just thought it was a nice line to follow up with a joke.

And gratz on Raikou!

MqcfP7E.png
Love that expression of hers. :)

We get a Gray for free... in 2 years.

Man, I wish we could at least somehow get these collaboration events earlier than 2 years later.

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This week has been stupid busy so I had fallen way behind on the event. Finally caught up to the current dig.

Also updated my Support CEs to the best options.

Leveled Raikou lancer to 80 so now all my summer servants have been maxed...

Except Nito but she can wait until Nero Fest.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017

And gratz on Raikou!

MqcfP7E.png
Haha thanks brother. Hopefully your rolls will go as smoothly.
No SR Servant at all (not even a spook?) in 10 multi's is pretty shitty luck.
I already felt bad for not managing to get Nitocris in the 4 multi's that I rolled on her solo rate up.

But yeah, you still managed to get Nero and Raikou, so reason to be satisfied, I think.

And btw. I appreciate you trying to be mindful of the folks less fortunate, but don't feel like you have to actually "hide" your good rolls or something. :D
I wouldn't say it was a spook per se (I didn't get the gold sparks) but I did get Wu in those 10 multis. Her and 4 more Summer Littles (for the MLB) were the good/new things I was referring to. She seems pretty good. Also interestingly she specifically doesn't say her name in her summon animation. I'm not sure if that's because I haven't finished Agartha or it's just always like that. Technically she does meet my budget of getting a 4* in 100 pulls. It was more just a situation where if I wanted her she would have been on my list, but she wasn't, which is why I don't feel it was worth the 300 quartz.

But yeah I'm definitely satisfied. I mean the way I was looking at it was I got Nero in 480 quartz total. Anything under 600 is good in my eyes. I was just disappointed because I got her early so I thought I had a good shot at getting Nobu too, but maybe that was greedy. I mainly wanted to post to show that I am upfront and honest about my summon habits and spending, and I'm not just posting a highlight reel.

I'm mainly just conscious that it's difficult for people to see what they want or were unable to get being obtained by everyone else, easily or otherwise. I don't want to be the source of someone's discomfort. It's nice when people congratulate you, especially when you've saved for months to get a character you really like, but it's not always worth that cost. In this case I posted because I really like Raikou, and it's following a post of me being unsuccessful (and it also made for a good little story lol). But for instance if I'm fortunate enough to get Skadi next year I won't say anything. I'm even more conscious of it when I know multiple people are pulling for that servant. I don't want to add to that feeling of "everyone got him/her but me".

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I'm mainly just conscious that it's difficult for people to see what they want or were unable to get being obtained by everyone else, easily or otherwise. I don't want to be the source of someone's discomfort. It's nice when people congratulate you, especially when you've saved for months to get a character you really like, but it's not always worth that cost. In this case I posted because I really like Raikou, and it's following a post of me being unsuccessful (and it also made for a good little story lol). But for instance if I'm fortunate enough to get Skadi next year I won't say anything. I'm even more conscious of it when I know multiple people are pulling for that servant. I don't want to add to that feeling of "everyone got him/her but me".
Well, I'm glad at least somebody else understands.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've been out of the city and busy with family over the last few days, so I haven't been able to efficiently burn my AP as much as I would have liked. Oh well, I guess that's what golden apples are for!

Congrats to anyone who pulled something good in my absence, even if you chose not to post about it or not. :)

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Okay wow, a Black Grail BB Arts team is stupidly, stupidly broken vs. a single Avenger. And that's non-MLB, can't imagine the carnage if it was...

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Uh oh, my BB isn't fully leveled.

Haha thanks brother. Hopefully your rolls will go as smoothly.

I wouldn't say it was a spook per se (I didn't get the gold sparks) but I did get Wu in those 10 multis. Her and 4 more Summer Littles (for the MLB) were the good/new things I was referring to. She seems pretty good. Also interestingly she specifically doesn't say her name in her summon animation. I'm not sure if that's because I haven't finished Agartha or it's just always like that. Technically she does meet my budget of getting a 4* in 100 pulls. It was more just a situation where if I wanted her she would have been on my list, but she wasn't, which is why I don't feel it was worth the 300 quartz.
After clearing Agartha her "True Name" will be revealed and she'll get difference voice lines similar to the Shinjuku Servants.
Yeah, I get why you're disappointed.

But yeah I'm definitely satisfied. I mean the way I was looking at it was I got Nero in 480 quartz total. Anything under 600 is good in my eyes. I was just disappointed because I got her early so I thought I had a good shot at getting Nobu too, but maybe that was greedy. I mainly wanted to post to show that I am upfront and honest about my summon habits and spending, and I'm not just posting a highlight reel.
I have to admit being fortunate that I somehow managed to stay under that threshold as well. From the positive rolls posted you can easily run into the misconception that it isn't.

I'll keep it short, so I'll just say being conscious of those things is great. :)

Last edited:

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Uh oh, my BB isn't fully leveled.

I'm not sure which quest needs BB right (haven't gone through the new quests, but I set my 10/10/10 BB with Formalcraft up for now in my Extra slot.

Also who won for you guys? I heard a rumor that the team with the most cheering points would win, so I tried to keep Fran on top. and her team did win. Moriaty's evil schemes was pretty cool when it got revealed in the ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.