• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish we could have gotten the bugged Hassan quest where he always target the left most servant

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck do you people have bond level 10s ; ;
Using the same servant every time while farming in the back-row or as a sacrifice (looking at you arash) helps immensely.
Me my first bond 10 were due to having the servant pretty much in 80% of my team comps chilling in the back row as-a (break glass in case of needing Cu as a hail-mary.)

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
Bond is the truest reflection of how you play the game.

LLeOffC.png

I got Waver in December lol.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
uxmIq6F.jpg

Here's my line of bond 10 for comparisons (The bond points were gotten in an even split from normal use/ backrow grinding, except Angra, which was a desperate struggle to get him to bond 10 before the Kiara Beast fight.)

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, you've all made your fair point. Bond level really shouldn't be a consideration when forming the active part of your lineup.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, it does make a bit of difference for story missions, in which I'll prioritize servants not bond 10 since those missions holds a fair amount of bond points.
Farming (grinding) quests? Screw that noise im taking those i like.

Aquila

Oct 27, 2017
Summer 3 is going to be a bloodbath between the Skadi, Jarcher, BB, and Dantes banners. The event grind will just be piling dirt on top of the coffin.

The latest Babylonia cm was hype. I wish Ushi would have gotten a better outfit for the animation though. Her summer version is better just for having some taste.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
My priority for Summer 3 will be BB. I'm already so used to having her on JP that it feels weird to not have her on NA. Granted, I could say the same for Jarcher, but BB shares her banner with MHXX and Medb, both of which are higher priorities for me than Jeanne's banner partners. Still, if all goes well, I'll end up with both of them. The third anniversary should give out a very respectable amount of SQ and, provided that I can stick to a budget during the Brynhild/Valkyries banner, I should have quite a few saved from earlier in the year (I have no targets between January and LB2). Though of course, no amount of SQ is ever enough to be safe.

At least my only target for Summer 4 will be Mysterious Alter Ego Λ.

Hm, Eresh, Brynhild, Valkyries, Λ... I wonder why so many of my targets are Lancers.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Let's see, listing out my future priorities...

Munenori, Ishtar (np5, unless JP has Ishtar finally come out so I'll prioritise that instead), eresh, Hokusai, fujino, Okada izou, Skadi, ibaraki lancer, Lanling Wang, Qin Shi Huang, Kingprotea, Astraea, Arjuna alter, ashwatthama, ascelpius, melt lancer.

Too much! Way too much!

And I know that I can't help myself but to throw a few at random banners too.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, the Grand Finale was pretty easy. The Revival finale was tougher.
Looks like only First Hassan will be left unfinished. 1 out of 13 ain't that bad.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
159 turns? That's brutal, lol. Well, her summon ticket gave me a Medusa, so not any different.
That has not the longest fight I have had. For the Salter Memorial quest I got the crazy idea of having an entire team of Caster supports and my 90 Robin in the back having them serve as a taunting party that equally share the damage from Salter. It went went until Salter's bar broke and she had her NP ready a turn i couldn't party invinc with Merlin. So i slapped my suit's evade on him and let my other front supports die. Out came Support Merlin and Mash... and that was what the rest of that fight was like for me.

Basically the Merlin's would get hit by Salter and Mash would taunt on turns they couldn't handle another hit. I'd have the Merlin gang part invinc. for two Salter NP's then on the third one I'd pop Mash's Invinc on Merlin 1, pop my evade on Merlin 2, Have Mash pop her Def up and NP and have her take Salter's NP because she had golden Tree on her. She nearly died once but because Salter left her alone on the normal attacks she was fine again and like 2 turns because the Merlin were spamming their NP.

On turn 174 Mash got the final kill on Salter and it was over. Best part is that Robin, the servant who would have ended things quickly never got used at all.

Before then my longest fight had been 75 turns because during Halloween 1 I brought an all rider team and Jeanne to fight Tamamo but the assassin dragon killed all my riders so Jeanne and Tama had a heal off for the rest of the fight. ;-; I still have nightmares to this day.
Quick show of hands: who has Arash at bond level 10 but is still using him for quests like these instead of other, slightly less efficient solutions?
I just got Arash to bond 10 this event, and i'm going to bring him out every farming/raiding event i need a 3 turn team for. Same with Waver LOL who is 19k from his CE finally.

Speaking of Arash was actually my third servant to get to bond 10. The first was Pro Cu because he's my boyfriend and I used him a fuck ton in early boss fights because of his evade. I actually used him to get the final kill on the
First Goetia fight
because of the bond 10 bonus and I was so happy he was the one that did it as he was the only survivor ;-; I still use him when I need to kill beasts.

My second was Marie who like Pro Cu was used for boss fights and she actually got to bond 10 and got the final kill on the
Second/final Goetia fight
I use her when I need a super cute long lasting rider tank.

Arash has been my main raider/ 3 turner since second Christmas farming last year so I'm delighted he's at 10. I got most of his bond levels farming Solomon actually.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
A-1 Pictures has a bit of same-face problem going on eh?

It's really apparent to me at least. Kinda weird. ... but well, I suppose TM fans should be used to same-face lol.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Quick show of hands: who has Arash at bond level 10 but is still using him for quests like these instead of other, slightly less efficient solutions?
My Arash is only level 6 bond. There are a handful of bond CEs I'm still working on, so Arash doesn't make it into the party often. Current bond 10 servants pictured below. Beside Herc is Medb, who's at 9 and should hit 10 in the next month or two. I still want the bond CEs for Kerry, Iri, Banana, Hijikata, and summer Kiyohime, but I've been playing NA less so progress has slowed down.

ewgN32S.png

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
My Arash reached bond 10 this event but I'm still using him. Same for my Gilgamesh. I don't stress too much about bonds beyond level 5 tbh (unless your name is Heracles). For story missions I try to maximize my profits whenever possible (like Shinjuku's and Agartha's bond bonuses), and for easy stuff like doors and hands I'll use some weaker options that still do the job, but other than that convenience > bond points.

Just tried to replicate the buff & swap & stall strategy for King Hassan and nope lol. Like I imagined I just lack the necessary line-up to even stand a chance against him (no Iri, Merlin, Waver, Sanzang or Illya) in his current form. If the taunt was behaving properly then I'd have a legitimate shot, but in this RNGfest nah. Not gonna bother unless they "fix" it. It's weird that they'd change an already infamous CQ to make it even more restrictive in terms of viable strategies and team comps. In its current state it has zero maleability.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
I used to think reaching Bond 10 with a Servant was a big deal, but now I just wonder if my Bond 10 Servants say more about how I play Grand Order or if they just comment on how much I play?

jMaukCC.png

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Damn the difference in difficulty between the Nero quest and the "improved" Hassan quest is hilarious.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I feel so left behind only having 3 servants at Bond 10, but maybe that's because I spread out the wealth and even farm based on who closest to a bond level which results in me using a bunch XD

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
My only bond 10 Servant is still Heracles. My only bond 9 Servants are Bride, Roja, Emiya, Waver, and Jalter. Out of them, Nero Roja and Emiya are the nearest to bond 10, with about 32k and 34k bond left to go, respectively.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I rotate my farmers especially when they reach bond 9 so I don't really have too many Bond 10s. Generally the ones at Bond 10 are the ones who have been with me the longest (so Altera, Gil, Tamamo, Waver, Rider Martha, Herc and Medea Lily). The only exception is Angra who I've been sticking in the back cos I heard he needs 10 for an interlude and the bond CE is pretty unique.

All CQs clear! I find last year's mostly better designed than this year's. Most of them are gimmicky, but it was easy to clear the quest if you went along with the gimmick last year and pretty hard to brute force it (E.g lots of hassans quest, siegfried). Plus they didn't really ask for too much, so there was always the one good support servant you could take and supplement with your own.

This year's CQ were either too easy to brute force (like spartacus), or require you to have/borrow certain characters (mainly Irisviel, Jeanne, Merlin), and some of them require 2, making it super painful for new players (who may not have the welfare) and unlucky ones (who don't have Merlin)

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I did it!!! my favorite servant Waver got his bond ce and it made me emotional XD

Now my next one to bond 10 should be my 100 wife Carmilla and then Kintoki TT_TT

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Lol I suddenly felt it, the urge to roll on the event banner and that i might get good shit. I did and literally the first card that came was Nero. XD

Whooooo.

Now I can unlock her costume XD

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
whhhhhhhyyyyyyy

wtWi5o0.png

I'm so fucking close. XD

That's a universal feeling.
I rotate my farmers especially when they reach bond 9 so I don't really have too many Bond 10s. Generally the ones at Bond 10 are the ones who have been with me the longest (so Altera, Gil, Tamamo, Waver, Rider Martha, Herc and Medea Lily).
So who does make up your regular stable of servants for farming quests? Is Arash one of those sitting at bond level 9?

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Sometimes you just get a feeling y'know. Gratz lokiduck

Also hey I unlocked waver's bond CE this event too! Still going to overwork him to death.
Thanks! There have been many occasions when i feel the urge to spin and it works out, though in truth i was aiming for Bryn but hey Nero was one of the few Tutorial SR I need besides Herc so it's cool :o

And yeah I'm going to give Waver breaks when farming normally but events like this and boss fights he's still getting used XD

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
So who does make up your regular stable of servants for farming quests? Is Arash one of those sitting at bond level 9?
Arash is at 6. I've only used him for this Nerofest (and not much at that). I've only one MLB Imaginary Element and no Kaleidoscopes, so most 3 turn strats are out for me, and Arash is usually used for the first wave of those strats.

I usually face-card the first wave to build NP, then AOE the other 2. My farmers are basically based on class advantage. I've used Altera and Gil initially and switched to 4* now (Saber Lily, Mordred, EMIYA, Nobu, Janta, Scathach Assassin, Santa Alter, SurfMo, Nursery Rhyme, Helena, Tamacat & Zerkalot). Since Waver and Tamamo maxed out their bond, mostly using Helena for charge. They are all sitting around bond 8.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I took a day off farming to stop myself from getting burnt out, but ended up taking a second day off due to irl stuff. Because of how quick this node is to farm with the SurferMo setup I was able to make up for that lost day yesterday, so I'm back on track to hit my target.

What was crazy though was a got 4 fricking CE drops! Conveniently got the 4th one on my last run of the day, so I can start today's farming with 2 MLB CEs. Unfortunately I'm using friend Mordreds so I do miss out on the extra MLB CE from the friend slot, but +7 is still pretty good.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I've been super lucky with CE drops (+9 bonus says it all), not so much with gatcha rolls.

Also, the CQs have taught me that I have a giant hole in my lineup. I really need someone who can no-sell an AOE NP, since I pretty much borrowed Jeanne or Merlin every quest for that reason. I think the only one who can do that in my squad right now is David, and he's not great at it

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
My current max bond Servants are Jack, Herc and Saberlot, though Merlin will join them very soon with Jalter close behind.
I figured that I'll continue to use Merlin a lot, so it can't be helped that he won't get any new bond points for a while.

I'm assuming you've already looked at the Google Doc. What farming servants do you currently have?

Also I have Sanzang up in the All slot if you go with your initial plan.

Out of the Servants listed on the 3 turn google doc I have Arash, Merlin and Astolfo.
Thankfully, I had done Astolfo's new interlude before this event, so I finally max ascended him, leveled his NP charge skill to Lvl 6 (NP charge 40%) and have been using him for this final round. I'm now able to 4-5 turn the petals node with 4 own CFMs (+1 friend Waver CFM) which makes it +10 petals per run. I'm okay with that.
The rest of my team remained the same with Raikou, Merlin and Waver support.
Oh, forgot about Alexander and Medusa that are also on the google doc.

Thanks for the Sanzang support. Will first try to clear the final CQ before KH.

"A-KILL-es" --> "Achilles"
It's Penthesilea, and her labeled name in the event quest was a bit boring in Japanese so they decided to have some fun with it for the NA version. Same way they swapped a reference to a Japanese women's prison drama for a reference to an American one for Gorgon's event name in the summer event (though they kept the original reference in the dialogue).

Of course! Had already forgotten that it was Pent's label. Often enough I don't even read those.

I don't believe it drops any event currency but it was late (rather really early) when I ran it, so my mind was really tired. I believe just monuments/pieces?

I'll put my Sanzang up for a bit and see if it helps people!

Thank you.

I wish we could have gotten the bugged Hassan quest where he always target the left most servant

What, I made to sure to wait until it was fixed because I somehow assumed that it was more difficult than it should be. Damn it! :(

Summer 3 is going to be a bloodbath between the Skadi, Jarcher, BB, and Dantes banners. The event grind will just be piling dirt on top of the coffin.

Skadi is obviously top priority followed by either BB or Dantes, not sure yet. Currently not that intested in Jarcher.

That has not the longest fight I have had. For the Salter Memorial quest I got the crazy idea of having an entire team of Caster supports and my 90 Robin in the back having them serve as a taunting party that equally share the damage from Salter. It went went until Salter's bar broke and she had her NP ready a turn i couldn't party invinc with Merlin. So i slapped my suit's evade on him and let my other front supports die. Out came Support Merlin and Mash... and that was what the rest of that fight was like for me.

Basically the Merlin's would get hit by Salter and Mash would taunt on turns they couldn't handle another hit. I'd have the Merlin gang part invinc. for two Salter NP's then on the third one I'd pop Mash's Invinc on Merlin 1, pop my evade on Merlin 2, Have Mash pop her Def up and NP and have her take Salter's NP because she had golden Tree on her. She nearly died once but because Salter left her alone on the normal attacks she was fine again and like 2 turns because the Merlin were spamming their NP.

On turn 174 Mash got the final kill on Salter and it was over. Best part is that Robin, the servant who would have ended things quickly never got used at all.

Before then my longest fight had been 75 turns because during Halloween 1 I brought an all rider team and Jeanne to fight Tamamo but the assassin dragon killed all my riders so Jeanne and Tama had a heal off for the rest of the fight. ;-; I still have nightmares to this day.

LOL, sounds horrible. Think the longest one I had so far was the parade of Hassans at last year's Nerofest. Had no gold Caster, so I had to go at it with my 3 star Casters and a friend Tamamo. That took some time.

Lol I suddenly felt it, the urge to roll on the event banner and that i might get good shit. I did and literally the first card that came was Nero. XD

Whooooo.

Congrats. :)

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

Whooooo.

Lol, I saw this and was praying for your luck to rub off on me so I dipped into my Eresh funds for 3 ten pulls. Managed to get Bryn on my second, so gacha god must have been feeling happy today.

Status
Not open for further replies.