• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Also I wish you the best of luck. Especially what happen last time.
Thanks!

I'm hoping round two goes better for me. I've decided I'm not going to look for the "Loading" prompt when doing my summons, as it's extra depressing not seeing that right away and knowing you won't get anything new in that pull or (even worse) seeing it and getting some useless 3*/4* CE out of it. I'll hit summon and look away and let the whole thing play out, no skipping. Just going to take my pulls slow and try not to rage pull it all at once.

At least if I fail this time I can calmly close the game and take a break and not have to force myself through limited-time content right away when I'm feeling disappointed about the whole thing. It wasn't fun grinding through Solomon and the demon towers with the depression of failing to get Merlin, but I did it anyway. I needed those materials.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I certainly hope that's true, Chilly.

BTW, how do you link a user in a comment to give them a notification that you mentioned them? I just can't figure it out!

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
If even I as the resident bad luck player have managed to get a Servant I wanted the 2nd time around, then there's no way that Merlin will escape your clutches again.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I certainly hope that's true, Chilly.

BTW, how do you link a user in a comment to give them a notification that you mentioned them? I just can't figure it out!
Just put an @ in front of the username. Good luck to everyone rolling for Merlin, especially you. This topic doesn't have enough space left to contain your salt if you fail again.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If even I as the resident bad luck player have managed to get a Servant I wanted the 2nd time around, then there's no way that Merlin will escape your clutches again.
I want to believe, but I'm trying to set realistic expectations. I don't want to be disappointed like that, not again. :(

Just put an @ in front of the username. Good luck to everyone rolling for Merlin, especially you. This topic doesn't have enough space left to contain your salt if you fail again.
Ah, so that's how you do it? Will remember for the future!

And thanks! I'll be doing my pulls (all 780SQ and 20x tickets) as soon as the banner drops, and will post my results here (good or bad). I'm not going to lie, I'm feeling extremely anxious about it all.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
What is the next event anyway?

Brave Liz Halloween rerun... probably?
Shimosa Launch
Mecha Liz Halloween

At least according to this...
unknown.png

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Halloween will be the time to finally ascend my 1 lonely copy of Brave Liz just sitting there on my second archive because I didn't know how welfares worked.

133 boxes... I think I'm good. If Arash yells Stella one more time I might just go insane. Still got 10 gold apples left.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit prototype took me down to the wire. Literally last turn, Nero Vs Jeanne Alter. Triple crit into extra barely takes it. I now have one shot at KH with all my command seals. Problem is I have no clue what a good run even looks like...

Why did I leave all of this until the last minute lol...

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I'm waiting for the 19th, figure that's my best chance to get Latoria for a long while. I just hope she gets an animation update as well.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
giphy.gif

75 fucking turns.

Absolute ass.

Whoever designed Da Vinci, Hassan and Prototype should be doomed to endless Stheno spooks.

Feels good having cleared it all tho~~~

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Holy shit prototype took me down to the wire. Literally last turn, Nero Vs Jeanne Alter. Triple crit into extra barely takes it. I now have one shot at KH with all my command seals. Problem is I have no clue what a good run even looks like...

Why did I leave all of this until the last minute lol...
Try this method; it worked for me eventually, probably the 3rd or 4th time.

RNG is very much a factor though.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Congrats.
Now join us in Ryudo temple and enjoy your mapo tofu.
I'm waiting for the 19th, figure that's my best chance to get Latoria for a long while. I just hope she gets an animation update as well.
Same, though it'll only be whatever tickets I have.
Salter or another Lalter would be nice to have as well.
SR ticket will likely be Zerkalot.

Last edited:

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I'm skipping the Leonardo, King Hassan, and Finale EX quests; don't have the patience to deal with the RNG of the first two or the tools to easily deal with the latter.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Holy fuck i beat Gramps with my evade team, Support Cu Alter (He carried my ass and i'm so proud) and all of my CS.

Literally won by the skin of my teeth.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
The KH quest is truly nonsense. I don't see how attacking the left servant would have helped me, but whatever, I beat his ass. Had to use 2 command seals for health and guts, and quit about 4 times before finding a run I was happy with. I'm taking anything less than 3 seal as a win lol. Stupid rng mission.

Annoyingly miscalculated how many gold medals I needed and now I have to farm again lol, after I finally reached my petal goal too. Ah well, final stretch now. It's only 3:30am my time lmfao.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
The KH quest is truly nonsense. I don't see how attacking the left servant would have helped me, but whatever, I beat his ass. Had to use 2 command seals for health and guts, and quit about 4 times before finding a run I was happy with. I'm taking anything less than 3 seal as a win lol. Stupid rng mission.

Annoyingly miscalculated how many gold medals I needed and now I have to farm again lol, after I finally reached my petal goal too. Ah well, final stretch now. It's only 3:30am my time lmfao.
If he only attacked the left most servant then you can run someone with a high death resistance such as Gramps BB and then all you need is support to keep them alive.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to reach 40 boxes and 50k pedals but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it. I'm currently at only 41k pedals and running out of time. I have more than enough golden apples, it's just the clock that's stopping me. If only I weren't so busy these last few days. :(

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I'm currently sitting at 100 boxes with 6k in petals and that is way better than what I got last year (like 3 times that so I'm so excited).

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
It is DONE! It took Merlin, Waver, support Gil, Shakespeare (I admit I didn't use him properly. I gave him a taunt CE but didn't have any Buster cards on the turn he came out, so he was wasted), Mash, and CuZilla, and four, count 'em FOUR Command Seals (thank you for working like that, daily reset), and it still came down to CuZilla with no more durability left, but I cleared the prototype CQ. One more ticket for Ereshkigal.

I hope she appreciates it.
And thanks! I'll be doing my pulls (all 780SQ and 20x tickets) as soon as the banner drops, and will post my results here (good or bad). I'm not going to lie, I'm feeling extremely anxious about it all.
Although I hope everyone here who rolls has good fortune, I'm cheering especially hard for you.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Chrono like we discussed last time, take your time and feel out your pulls. If the luck isn't there, stop and come back later. Don't rush to get your revenge. I'm confident if you're patient things will go well. Best of luck brother.
If he only attacked the left most servant then you can run someone with a high death resistance such as Gramps BB and then all you need is support to keep them alive.
I guess I got lucky because death barely proked in any of my runs. Honestly for me it was the random np charges when not having guts in time, and in the second phase that random type evade was the real killer. Whatever, it's done, F that quest lol!

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm not going to finish the Da vinci, Hassan, or all three Umu CQs. Oh well.
The second Umu quest (the one where she's wearing her new outfit) is pretty easy actually, if that helps. The first one is also manageable, though more challenging. The prototype yeah, it's better to skip lol

After almost 140 boxes I'm not bothering with Hassan either, I just want a break. Shame they're apparently never going to re-run his CQ because I'd like to give it a shot after I get my own Iri on Zero Accel's re-run.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I gave up on that after the gold fous lol
Its a bitch to farm even with event ces. I don't think I can farm Gold in time since I only have 1 Gold Medal CE. I could only do most of Bronze and some of Silver. My phone battery can only last for so long before needing to recharge again and again.
I only managed 52 boxes even though you and I joined at a similar starting point. How many apples did you have if I may ask?

I had 27 golds when Nerofest began.
I had around 60 Gold Apples at the start. Have about 45 Golden Apples left give or take.
I used up all my Silver Apples. Around 25 of that one?
Ton of Bronze Apples that I use a lot. Still have like 40ish of them left.

I expected to use more and get more boxes, but I keep finding other stuff to do tbh lol. Honestly thought I would only get 30 but I managed to do more than I thought. Even filled up my Present Box to max capacity.

Cruziao

Oct 25, 2017
Aaaand finally done... got my target box, cleared the shop, and beat all of the CQ
spent the whole night trying to beat KH CQ and Prototype CQ, what a ridiculous pair of quest =_=

Finished KH CQ because I got lucky, somehow his insta death didn't proc at all on my backline so I just spam Xuanzang NP at him (thanks Alkez).

Trying a whole bunch of setup for Prototype CQ, and the one that worked for me was Jeanne + Jalter + Merlin. Playing it defensively, and made sure to left Medea and Lalter for last.
After Nero used up all of her guts, I killed Lalter and then Medea next.
Which is a bad idea I think since thing started to go south afterward. Can't damage Nero at all because of Imperial Privilege spam.
Ended up winning after Nero critted Jeanne to death then my backline Waver with kscope comes in. Waver NP then Jalter NP followed by facecard from Jalter sealed the deal.
Maybe I should left Medea for last, since the only thing annoying about her was the buff removal.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Although I hope everyone here who rolls has good fortune, I'm cheering especially hard for you.
Appreciate it. :)

Chrono like we discussed last time, take your time and feel out your pulls. If the luck isn't there, stop and come back later. Don't rush to get your revenge. I'm confident if you're patient things will go well. Best of luck brother.
Yeah, I'm definitely going to take things slower this time. I'll still do my pulls before I call it quits for the day (wouldn't be able to sleep otherwise), but I'm not going to power through it like last time. I'll do a few pulls, maybe close out of the app, play a little in another gacha game I play (such as Dragalia Lost) and try a little later. Rinse/Repeat until I either get him or run out of resources.

Last time...I was basically skipping all of the gacha pulls at the end in a fit of rage, it wasn't pretty and quite unlike me. I'm going to be so much more calmer this time, haha.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
My approach is to just rip off the band-aid. My pulls are unlimited skip works.

I tried no skipping once and was getting increasingly angrier at every 3-star servant showing their ugly faces in my phone like gtfo I already NP 5'd you! Except Robin because he's a myth. You can come 2 more times, no more than that!

Balma

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to do the prototype just in time with a safe team of Merlin, Jeanne and Sherlock. Phew.

I'm sure I'll get crap from that ticket

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I guess I got lucky because death barely proked in any of my runs. Honestly for me it was the random np charges when not having guts in time, and in the second phase that random type evade was the real killer. Whatever, it's done, F that quest lol!
True. The only reason I won my run was partly because I refused to let more than one servant die at a time. if Gramps insta killed two servants with NP and normal attack i'd reload and let him kill just the one.

It only happened once but that definitely helped.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Final tally is Box #40 cleared and just over 45k pedals farmed. I'm not looking forward to going through all of those...

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Nope, cant beat the Nero challenge. Brynhild only took 100k max from a 200%damage double buffed scathach. And Nero armor buff kept me from killing her early.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Beat all quests except for Grand Finale Prototype. Farmed enough petals to open 66 boxes.

Got burned out on occasion, so I paced myself.

Last edited:

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
The second Umu quest (the one where she's wearing her new outfit) is pretty easy actually, if that helps. The first one is also manageable, though more challenging. The prototype yeah, it's better to skip lol

After almost 140 boxes I'm not bothering with Hassan either, I just want a break. Shame they're apparently never going to re-run his CQ because I'd like to give it a shot after I get my own Iri on Zero Accel's re-run.
Oh, really? I wasn't looking at guides so I just thought it was harder than last years.

Status
Not open for further replies.