• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about it for a while but I don't feel like the way my psyche is structured makes me compatible with the thread. No matter how much people say it's not a competitive game I can't help but judge my own performance and luck against that of others, I have no interest in talking about the gacha itself which is what the majority of the discussion seems to turn to, and it feels like I don't really have any common ground with others here in any other aspect about the game or the franchise. I'm just not a good match for the "culture" here, if that's the right word for it; I've left and come back before because I thought there might be a way I could fit in but I'm finally pretty sure that's a futile endeavor.
Not like I was contributing anything in the first place though, so it's no real loss.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
We made it guys!!

0zD2zaE.jpg

That's about 151 boxes. Also I have like 165 hearts. Going to spend every night tapping this next week.

How did you all end up? I got a CE on the very last run I did so in total had 19 drops.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
These CQs seriously highlight the importance of those lower class support servants.

This was my first time using George, Leonidas and Irisviel.

BB and Jeanne (thanks T-Rex. !) were incredibly clutch as well; they were MVPs for KH, DV and Prototype.

Last edited:

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I got to box 32 which is way less than I normally do, and only did half the challenge quests. Astral Chain + Remnant + Iceborne + E7 took up too much of my time.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
Yay, my life has returned to normal!

Given I haven't had much luck with the previous Nero Fests for various reasons, this was a smashing success far beyond my wildest dreams!
  • 150 Boxes Opened
  • Shop Cleaned Out
  • Nero Bride and Herc Acquired from the Banner
  • Three 5*s (Ozy, Quetz, and Melt) Raised to 10/10/10
  • Almost All Servants Max Ascended/Leveled
  • Almost All Servants Raised to a Minimum of 4/4/4
  • Acquired Enough Mana Prisms from Leftover Embers I Couldn't Keep to Have 10,000+
  • Managed to Finish 7/15 Challenge Quests on the Last Day After the Grind was Over
While I felt like giving up the grind multiple times, I honestly feel like I won't have to play too much for months after how well I've set myself here.

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
Got my 100 boxes and cleaned out the shop, but I didn't complete all the CQ's. Didn't even attempt the King Hassan, Da Vinci and Prototype ones. Too burnt out to bother with frustration.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Tira's (I dunno what this person's Era name is) Saber-shiki insta-killed both Cu and Shishou on that CQ. I am told luck like that is equivalent to a multi-SSR pull.

But damn if it didn't make me want a Saber-Shiki of my own.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got 14th drops. The last one about 30 minutes before Nerofest ended. Not sure how many boxes. I have to guess its close to 130 with 70K petals left and had 20 boxes opened or so. Ran out of apples by the start of Rotation 2 so I went on natural AP.
Also skipped most of the shop except for gold fous, lore and CE's. I would usually try to clear shop, but petals took priority.

I managed to beat the Prototype CQ. So many attempts too.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I had around 60 Gold Apples at the start. Have about 45 Golden Apples left give or take.
I used up all my Silver Apples. Around 25 of that one?
Ton of Bronze Apples that I use a lot. Still have like 40ish of them left.

I expected to use more and get more boxes, but I keep finding other stuff to do tbh lol. Honestly thought I would only get 30 but I managed to do more than I thought. Even filled up my Present Box to max capacity.

You used less gold apples but got more boxes? o_o

Well I guess I didn't really use too many of my own silver ones though. Also did you have good luck with CE drops? In 52 boxes worth of petals I only got one CE.

orz

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Have not exchanged any medals.

Should I get the CEs (could get 2) or priortize materials to ascend/level up skills etc

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
You used less gold apples but got more boxes? o_o

Well I guess I didn't really use too many of my own silver ones though. Also did you have good luck with CE drops? In 52 boxes worth of petals I only got one CE.

orz
Tactical use of natural ap, lvl ups, bronze/silver apples, using up all my ap before I go to bed, etc. I didn't use my Gold Apples until I had to. This includes using the apples you get from completing each Free Quest once as well.

I only got two CFM drops during the event and another one yesterday (so 3). My cousin was more lucky and got to MLB it with his extras.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
I've been thinking about it for a while but I don't feel like the way my psyche is structured makes me compatible with the thread. No matter how much people say it's not a competitive game I can't help but judge my own performance and luck against that of others, I have no interest in talking about the gacha itself which is what the majority of the discussion seems to turn to, and it feels like I don't really have any common ground with others here in any other aspect about the game or the franchise. I'm just not a good match for the "culture" here, if that's the right word for it; I've left and come back before because I thought there might be a way I could fit in but I'm finally pretty sure that's a futile endeavor.
Not like I was contributing anything in the first place though, so it's no real loss.

OK.

Not sure what you're so salty about, but do what you think is healthy, I guess.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about it for a while but I don't feel like the way my psyche is structured makes me compatible with the thread. No matter how much people say it's not a competitive game I can't help but judge my own performance and luck against that of others, I have no interest in talking about the gacha itself which is what the majority of the discussion seems to turn to, and it feels like I don't really have any common ground with others here in any other aspect about the game or the franchise [...]

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the franchise and the game, if you don't mind elaborating. I'd like to hear it from every user in the thread tbh, as it's sometimes a bit hard to gauge where everyone stands. Like, has FGO been benefitial or detrimental to the series as a whole? Does its peaks compete in quality with FSN, HA and FZ? Etc. Some of you seem a bit down on the series, if not straight up harsh lol. I think Fate has its share of wonky, inconsistent and bad works, but the "main stuff" (or at least what I subjectively perceive as the stuff that matters) is legitimately solid with plenty of great moments and characters.

It indulges in some bad habits more often than it perhaps should, and the pacing is not the best, but the original VN is still something I hold dear. I recently got emotional when rewatching some scenes through a let's play (Llama reacts, solid dude, unfortunately his channel got taken down). Fate/Zero is probably the strongest, most concise vision of what Fate could be as a serious character drama. I haven't read much of Strange Fake(finishing the first volume), but it looks like an interesting take on the HGW with lots of potential (plus it has Gilgamesh and Enkidu, which instantly elevates it). Hollow Ataraxia is pretty fun, if not always interesting since I'm naturally not as invested in some characters as I am in others, but the stuff with Angra is consistently good (if also convoluted). So yeah, it's kind of like Gundam, which makes sense considering Nasu once said he wanted Fate to be Type-Moon's Gundam. You gotta wade through a sea of questionable stuff to find the good parts, but said good parts are generally worth it if you're into what they have to offer.

Gacha talk will inevitably come up since it's one of the game's central mechanics, but there's been plenty else discussed here like CQs, farming progress, interviews, thoughts on the game, tangential talk about Apocrypha or Prillya, and I made a bunch of long-winded posts (that probably no one read lmao) in regards to Camelot, Babylonia and Solomon a long time ago, plus a run down of my thoughts on every singularity.

If you don't feel like replying though that's cool. You shouldn't force yourself to engage with the community if you're not enjoying it. Cheers.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I think FGO has been a boon for all TM properties. Really, it's never been a better time to be a fan of the merch, cuz holy shit, it's never ending. And look at all the anime we're getting too. Not to mention FGO has extended lore that touches pretty much every aspect of Type-Moon IP.

If there is a downside it's that TM the studio itself has become... I dunno how to say it, but it seems like they are stuck. Making literally millions but progress on anything that isn't FGO has halted or crawls at such a slow pace it's borderline maddening.

But needless to say I love it to death. The character interactions of FGO give me life after long days of work. :)

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I think (or hope, at least) Type-Moon's productivity will improve now that they're supposedly heading a new game studio and will be colaborating with others on big projects. That's one of the latest news that got me most excited that maybe we'll finally see games of higher quality than musou clones lol

You know what would also be exciting? Actually bringing their shit to the west! FSN and Mahoyo on Steam when.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cough cough CCC cough cough

33 boxes opened and 45600 petals left. Pretty much stopped farming after Friday morning, no God wine no bueno.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
As expected the servers died
Sasuga Merlin

edit: 7 singles. Spooked by Rider Martha. I was so excited for that loading screen too.
Edit: I just read the fine print, and only realized that you get to pick the 4* on the 15th, even thought you get the ticket today. How fucking stupid.

Last edited:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
DW gonna DW.

Even though we can't use the tickets yet, I think I've finally settled on who I'm getting with it: Gorgon. So what if she isn't particularly useful? She's the big snek, and that matters a lot.

As a bonus, she might act as a catalyst for Ereshkigal (or Quetz during the GSSR). Lalter would probably be a catalyst for Nightingale (who I wouldn't have much use for) and Medea Lily a catalyst for Abigail (who... yeah).

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
That's a no from Merlin I guess. Threw 20 tickets and 90 SQ at him but he didn't want to come home.

At least I got my first Kaleidoscope, and Salter.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to spoiler my rolls. Take for that what you will.

60 sq.

Was only going to do 1 ten roll but I got this on a rainbow and it triggered me. NP3.

Fu37vlS.jpg

2nd ten roll. Gold sparks.
OKjhSLq.jpg

Going to go into deep saving mode now. I haven't spent money on NA since summer and don't plan to till the Ishtar/Eresh/Hokusai gauntlet arrives.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
hold until the 19th. hold until the 19th. holduntilthe19th. holduntilthe19th. holdifsdnfjnsfgrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Just gonna avoid the summon screen for a week. Back to Babylonia for me! :D

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
NO

FUCKING

WAY

Screenshot_20190912-041156_Fate_GO.jpg

I LOVE YOU TOO FLUFFY MAN

I'm sorry for the salt, I get it, really, but holy shit. One of those things you see on the subreddit and think "that's never happening to me".

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Down to 300 SQ, no Merlin yet. Honestly, don't have much hope left. I did manage to get an NP4 Saber Alter, NP4 Lancer Alter and a Fran, so there's that? Oh, I also got my first Kaleidoscope, finally.

I'm going to take a break and then use the remaining 300 SQ before I call it quits for the day. Congrats to everyone that's been fortunate so far.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Down to 300 SQ, no Merlin yet. Honestly, don't have much hope left. I did manage to get an NP4 Saber Alter, NP4 Lancer Alter and a Fran, so there's that? Oh, I also got my first Kaleidoscope, finally.

I'm going to take a break and then use the remaining 300 SQ before I call it quits for the day. Congrats to everyone that's been fortunate so far.

Wishing you good luck as hard as I can man.

Eldalie_

Nov 1, 2017
I'm just going to spoiler my rolls. Take for that what you will.

60 sq.

Was only going to do 1 ten roll but I got this on a rainbow and it triggered me. NP3.

Fu37vlS.jpg

2nd ten roll. Gold sparks.
OKjhSLq.jpg

Going to go into deep saving mode now. I haven't spent money on NA since summer and don't plan to till the Ishtar/Eresh/Hokusai gauntlet arrives.
NO

FUCKING

WAY

Screenshot_20190912-041156_Fate_GO.jpg

I LOVE YOU TOO FLUFFY MAN

I'm sorry for the salt, I get it, really, but holy shit. One of those things you see on the subreddit and think "that's never happening to me".

Congrats.
I.
GOT.
MERLIN.

I only have a little over 160 SQ left, I received no other 5* in all of those pulls/tickets, and no new 5* CE aside from Kaleidoscope (oh which I'm very happy with). I have enough to NP4 Saber Alter and NP6 Lancer Alter. It was all worth it for that single, glorious, magnificant bastard Merlin. I don't even want to think about an NP2 of him, not after what I went through. The fact that some of you managed to NP2+ him (even NP5) astonishes me, and I congratulate you. Truly. But I am happy with my lone, singuluar, solitary, NP1 Merlin. It is my battle scar, a battle I fought tirelessly over the last year (or close to it).

I'm going to sleep well tonight.
Congrats as well Chrono!

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I.
GOT.
MERLIN.

I only have a little over 160 SQ left, I received no other 5* in all of those pulls/tickets, and no new 5* CE aside from Kaleidoscope (oh which I'm very happy with). I have enough to NP4 Saber Alter and NP6 Lancer Alter. It was all worth it for that single, glorious, magnificant bastard Merlin. I don't even want to think about an NP2 of him, not after what I went through. The fact that some of you managed to NP2+ him (even NP5) astonishes me, and I congratulate you. Truly. But I am happy with my lone, singuluar, solitary, NP1 Merlin. It is my battle scar, a battle I fought tirelessly over the last year (or close to it).

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I.
GOT.
MERLIN.

Woo! I'm glad you finally got your white whale.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I.
GOT.
MERLIN.

I'm really happy for you! After your last post I was super worried we were gonna witness a tragedy, one many of us can relate to...

But it happened! Congrats man.

619142165515206677.png

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I.
GOT.
MERLIN.

Good for you, skipping over lancer raikou must have been hard so I'm glad you got him.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I.
GOT.
MERLIN.

End of an era. Congrats, bro.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
72 SQ and 1 ticket. No Merlin. Feels bad. But I don't wanna waste quartz and would like to actually save up some for once.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Woo! I'm glad you finally got your white whale.
I'm really happy for you! After your last post I was super worried we were gonna witness a tragedy, one many of us can relate to...

But it happened! Congrats man.

619142165515206677.png
Good for you, skipping over lancer raikou must have been hard so I'm glad you got him.
End of an era. Congrats, bro.
Thanks for the supports/congrats all! And yes, skipping over Lancer Raikou was HELL! I did a couple multi for her, as well as a handful of tickets, but I couldn't go all-out like I had hoped to. I just hope Skadi is nicer to me next year so I go into summer looking healthy resource-wise. Knowing Skadi only has a single rate-up is terrifying.

Merlin came to me on a silver caster card crackling into gold. Even then, he didn't want to come to me easily, he made me suffer until the very end. If that card had ended up being an NP3 Waver for me, well...

...let's just say I'm glad that didn't happen.

Dangle

Oct 25, 2017
I.
GOT.
MERLIN.

Chrono, I'm extremely happy that your saving paid off in the end! Having a NP1 Merlin feels good.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I.
GOT.
MERLIN.

Gratz Chrono! Now Raikou can hit harder.

KingT

Oct 30, 2017
I need someone to help me I just recieved my 4 star summon ticket from the present box how can I use it to summon the 4 star servant?

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I've really been liking the "Kitasean" method lately, the 5 singles/tickets followed by a multi, got my first double SSR multi by getting two Bryns on my third multi for her, got an Orion on my second multi for Nero Bride, a few days later after recovering from the salt and realizing that next time Bride will be back will be in nearly two years.... I did another "kitasean" and it flopped but I got Nero Bride the first ticket right after so we take that... so that's pretty much 4 SSR pulls in 6 "kitaseans" and a single roll...... so 273 quartz.... pretty crazy...

Anyway was kinda torn on whether I should roll for Merlin since I really couldn't go that far down the rabbit hole.... but I figured what the heck why not, lets do one more "Kitasean" and ride my luck in FGO since I have none left in E7....

zKsjtXz.png

I think that's a wrap for this year now, need to save for Hokusai, Achilles, Skadi & Summer 3..... but after the Ishtar buff on Jp I'm really interested in rolling for her.... oh and if we get the 30 quartz that jp got during this event I'll probably throw that and 5 tickets at Lion King.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey I just finished opening 30 boxes and did 85 boxes in total surely I'm out of QP hell now-

SzTD0GH.jpg

QP hell never ends. ;_;

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Chrono Congrats, happy for you :)
Gratz Chrono! Now Raikou can hit harder.
Thanks! \o/

I need someone to help me I just recieved my 4 star summon ticket from the present box how can I use it to summon the 4 star servant?
You can't use it until the 15th, unfortunately. :(

I've really been liking the "Kitasean" method lately, the 5 singles/tickets followed by a multi, got my first double SSR multi by getting two Bryns on my third multi for her, got an Orion on my second multi for Nero Bride, a few days later after recovering from the salt and realizing that next time Bride will be back will be in nearly two years.... I did another "kitasean" and it flopped but I got Nero Bride the first ticket right after so we take that... so that's pretty much 4 SSR pulls in 6 "kitaseans" and a single roll...... so 273 quartz.... pretty crazy...

Anyway was kinda torn on whether I should roll for Merlin since I really couldn't go that far down the rabbit hole.... but I figured what the heck why not, lets do one more "Kitasean" and ride my luck in FGO since I have none left in E7....

zKsjtXz.png

I think that's a wrap for this year now, need to save for Hokusai, Achilles, Skadi & Summer 3..... but after the Ishtar buff on Jp I'm really interested in rolling for her.... oh and if we get the 30 quartz that jp got during this event I'll probably throw that and 5 tickets at Lion King.
Congrats to you on that continued luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.