• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Seems legit to me. Doesn't seem like anyone in the current 4* pool is really going to greatly increase your overall power so this would be a logical choice.
It's still an annoying decision since it feels like I have just enough coverage that any choice seems redundant. Wish there was a way I could get more advice.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
It's still an annoying decision since it feels like I have just enough coverage that any choice seems redundant. Wish there was a way I could get more advice.
Screenshot your Chaldea if you like. I'll go over it. I usually have a rough idea of what people here have but if I'm honest I don't know a single servant you own outside of welfares lol. It's difficult to give advice without knowing what you have. From a completely blind standpoint I would say Lily or Gorgon from the initial list, just because they're more niche than the other 4. But after his buff I would say Gawain is probably the best unit on that list. Right now I'm rating any of the pokemon servants quite highly because each one has a niche literally no one else can cover. That to me is pretty valuable just to have, as it can open up potential team building paths in the future.

Damn it I think I just convinced myself to pull for Melt, who I did not want at all. Well she's on Bunny King's banner so I guess I'll just pull on the all one.

That's the best advice I can give knowing nothing. If you care to share your heroes I'll give another opinion, but entirely up to you.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
In hidnsight the gacha almost feels merciful as it decides for us all in our stead!

edit: jokes aside if none of those servants is a serious improvement and just redundant I would go with medea lily because if none of those dps is going to be a significant change for you then a support unit which may or may not be handy later could be good?
That said if you don't need her in the upcoming 2 years ever we'll get Asclepius in the future, so yeah....

If another utility servant isn't what you want and the dps situation is as described above then I'd just pick whoever you like the most.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
APOC rerun would make sense.
Here's hoping she gets one eventually? I'm sure she will, as she's a popular Servant, it's only a matter of "when".

Lets just throw a ticket at the Merlin banner

Get Merlin

Well alright then
That means he wanted to join your Chaldea. Congrats!

Chrono Mahaya's Kiara is also pretty nice
Ah, another fellow man of culture, I see.

Right?

Went for NP3 Gorgon and called it a day, lol
Excellent choice, my friend. I hope to NP2 her next year when we get that second 4* pick ticket.

Last edited:

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This $2 JP SQ account I bought off ebay for gil's animation update came with a free merlin, so that's nice.

You got your wish, new Gil animations confirmed

Never doubt the power of complaining, I'm being super chill, keeping low expectations so I don't overhype myself, though I'm liking the look the leak.

I used to think what Jrod thought but then I learned you liked ML Coli. Am I right in saying a lot of FGO's female roster is waifu'd out and you prefer characters to be more...badass I guess lol? Also curious on your top 3 gaming characters if you care to share.

In regards to Zerkers, now double Merlin is banned what will you use? Did you use any Zerker focused teams in the Nero Fest CQs?

Zero from Drakengard 3, Ibuki Mioda for Dagnanronpa and Godot from Pheonix Wright in that order.

Being Badass, crass, and belligerent, is good by default but the most important thing for characters I like is probably self importance? Self Assurance? Dunno, basically I like strong independent servants who don't need no master. It's not concrete ofc, like I like Sanzang well enough even though she's a blatant fan service character and none of the things I normally like.

Though I'm also pretty shallow and will flip flop on a character depending on their style, Like I wouldn't waste a ticket on Regular Raikou, Ishtar, or Carmilla in their current state because I think they all look pretty silly but the summer variants of all 3 are grail targets. Like Semiramis is probably my favorite fate chick by a decent margin but I'll never roll on her because man her art is bad and her ascensions are even worse, god damn you konoe, great animations tho.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Or you can just let people enjoy their new servants whiles you enjoy your Tristian XD

I'm certainly enjoying my Li's beautiful lancer abs <3

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
After watching the latest Babylonia anime trailer again, I gotta say. The OST is soo damn good. Really hypes me up.
Next thing I did was load up the Babylonia game map music on youtube. The one that plays after
Tiamat shows up.
Probably my favorite OST track of the game so far.

Hope that one of the upcoming singularities, at least of the Lost Belt one's, will be able to produce something similar in greatness.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Happy for Gil fans, though admittedly his broken neck that other people on the internet like to point out never bothered me. All I care about is that he gets the sexy close up he deserves for his NP.

Artoria getting another sprite/animation update down the line seems inevitable now. I just hope they get around to Okita too. If nothing else, her sprite needs some adjustments. Her big head looks goofy next to Okita J. Souji.

Articalys You seem like you'd appreciate a gameplay pick more; correct me if I'm wrong on that. Knowing absolutely nothing about your roster and based on the servants you singled out, I'd go with Tristan. No damage buff and Sun(ta) coming up are non-issues. He's a utility unit, the damage he can do on the side is just a bonus (he gets an NP interlude down the line too). You can work him in Skadi/Tristan/Quick DPS cores when Skadi's an option. Defensive utility will become more important when we get to part 2 of the story. If you haven't been spoiled on that yet, just trust me.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't even finished claiming boxes and I already have a ridiculous amount of bronze apples. Can't even imagine what some of you guys are on. At the very least with the amount of apples I have now I will probably stop forcing myself to use my daily energy when life gets more busy.
Excellent choice, my friend. I hope to NP2 her next year when we get that second 4* pick ticket.
I think next year I'm going for Lancer Alter. I don't need her with Raikou and Kiyo, but I've always wanted her, and I feel that if I had started at launch I would have gone for her when she first appeared (her banner ran when I first started I think so I didn't have the resources).

Oct 25, 2017
Articalys You seem like you'd appreciate a gameplay pick more; correct me if I'm wrong on that. Knowing absolutely nothing about your roster and based on the servants you singled out, I'd go with Tristan. No damage buff and Sun(ta) coming up are non-issues. He's a utility unit, the damage he can do on the side is just a bonus (he gets an NP interlude down the line too). You can work him in Skadi/Tristan/Quick DPS cores when Skadi's an option. Defensive utility will become more important when we get to part 2 of the story. If you haven't been spoiled on that yet, just trust me.

LISTEN TO THIS MAN

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think next year I'm going for Lancer Alter. I don't need her with Raikou and Kiyo, but I've always wanted her, and I feel that if I had started at launch I would have gone for her when she first appeared (her banner ran when I first started I think so I didn't have the resources).
Always pick with your heart, friend. Always pick with your heart. No regrets that way!

(It also helps that Lancer Alter is a very strong character, so you can't lose with that choice.)

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yeah Gilgamesh animation update. I hope he gets a close-up on enuma elish. Maybe his armor will even look gold now instead of yellow.

Goddammit. I threw 1 ticket at the promo banner looking for a random saberface and I got a NP2 Merlin that I don't in any way want and that will ruin my SSR karma for ages. I didn't want the Altria Maid recently, either, and I just wanted an event CE dammit. Since I only have 5 SSRs after 2 full years playing f2p this feels entirely wasted.
So, funny story similar to yours that I hope doesn't upset the people going through a dry spell right now, but when I was fishing for Salter and NP2 Lalter (both of which I failed to get), I actually got a third copy of Merlin with my last ticket which has me feeling conflicted right now. On the one hand I like Merlin so I'm happy that mine is slightly more useful than average (though not for much longer, more on that later), but on the other hand it feels like I just wasted a year's worth of luck with my last few rolls. Counting that unfortunate Arjuna spook on Bride's banner that's technically 4 SSRs I've rolled in a week, which is exactly equal to the amount of SSRs I had rolled since starting the game until now (ergo, an entire year). Now that that happened, I suddenly feel a lot less confident in my ability to roll any of my targets for the rest of the year.

I know some people will say that's not how luck works, but putting any mumbo jumbo about karma aside, it's kind of how averages work? Like, the more you roll, the more likely you are to eventually meet the average of quartz per SSR. When Chrono didn't get his Merlin last year that was probably him meeting said average after a period of above average luck. While I would be ecstatic if this luck had come with a DPS like Gil getting to NP3, with Merlin it feels like an investment that will quickly become irrelevant when the meta shifts from slugfest CQs to DPS races next year. From everything I've read about the JP meta, card damage is so high right now that stalling strategies are becoming increasingly less viable in favor of aggressive approaches because healing and defense stacking just can't keep up with crits. Needless to say, a +750 heal per turn becomes irrelevant if you're going to be one-shot by stray crits. I dunno, maybe this was me catching up to the average, and if not then hopefully my SSR drought is corteous enough to wait until after Hassan, Eresh, Hokusai and NP2 Gil lol

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
So, funny story similar to yours that I hope doesn't upset the people going through a dry spell right now, but when I was fishing for Salter and NP2 Lalter (both of which I failed to get), I actually got a third copy of Merlin with my last ticket which has me feeling conflicted right now. On the one hand I like Merlin so I'm happy that mine is slightly more useful than average (though not for much longer, more on that later), but on the other hand it feels like I just wasted a year's worth of luck with my last few rolls. Counting that unfortunate Arjuna spook on Bride's banner that's technically 4 SSRs I've rolled in a week, which is exactly equal to the amount of SSRs I had rolled since starting the game until now (ergo, an entire year). Now that that happened, I suddenly feel a lot less confident in my ability to roll any of my targets for the rest of the year.
I've always hated absolute probability vs conditional probability, but gacha has shattered any sensibility I had left on the matter. I trust nothing anymore.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Please, fujino clearly has the best animation for archers. Look at how they faithfully replicate traditional archery in her movesets.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
???
@Articalys You seem like you'd appreciate a gameplay pick more; correct me if I'm wrong on that. Knowing absolutely nothing about your roster and based on the servants you singled out, I'd go with Tristan. No damage buff and Sun(ta) coming up are non-issues. He's a utility unit, the damage he can do on the side is just a bonus (he gets an NP interlude down the line too). You can work him in Skadi/Tristan/Quick DPS cores when Skadi's an option. Defensive utility will become more important when we get to part 2 of the story. If you haven't been spoiled on that yet, just trust me.
Is this referring to what I've heard about
fights that prevent you from using mystic codes/master skills
or is there something else DW will be changing with regards to enemy attacks/skills to artificially increase difficulty. The two elements of Tristan's that seem to relate most to an importance on team defense are the full-party 1 hit evade and single-target buff removal.
Though I have Jeanne and Tamamo so I can run a mean stall if needed.
And yes, while I do tend to favor gameplay in servant selection, but in a case like this where I can directly choose someone for free and if no option is a linchpin for future success in upcoming scenarios, I'm willing to bend a little.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
When Nerofest was happening I wanted a break from the game but now I wish there was more to do to test out my new servants, funny how that works. Been using Lalter and even without the interlude I already like her (for gameplay, as a character she's still a nothingburger). Still need the bond points for Nito's interlude, I'm hoping it fixes her damage somewhat lol
Please, fujino clearly has the best animation for archers. Look at how they faithfully replicate traditional archery in her movesets.

Is this the upgraded version of caster balls?
I should rewatch KnK before next year's re-run, I kind of don't remember anything about it.

Shinogu

Oct 25, 2017
She's attacking with appendicitis.
Which is why I don't plan on summoning her despite liking her from the movies. Y'all planning on putting Fujino through that again are jerks.
Hey man, I'm going to be treating her like a queen like she deserves, besides the whole having her fight thing. ;;>_>_>

Honestly tho that art for all ascensions of hers, AAA+.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
It's a telekinesis power. Asagami is a smaller branch family from the Asakami clan, a family of demon hunters in the Nasuverse. (But well, the main family has long since fallen.)

She's not attacking with appendicitis, but it was an important trigger to reawaken her powers. Her father forced her to take medicine that subdued her power, but as a result robbed her sense of pain. Upon being hit in the spine with a pipe/bat (I don't remember exactly) she temporarily regained her sense of pain and mistook the sense of pain caused by her underlying appendicitis as a stab wound (she was being threatend with a knife). The fear drove her to kill her attackers by twisting them to crumpled piles of meat. It's a telekinesis power not so different from the eye-jutsu bullshit in Naruto lol. She looks at something, activates her power, and it twists until it breaks or she gives up...

(That's the really short/condensed version of it anyway.)

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought free tickets were cursed, but

Do I save the rest of my tickets, or try for more Merlin's to level up his NP?

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are really going to disrespect KnK in my presence huh...this won't be forgotten.

Revenge will be had in due time. Prepare yourselves.

Echo and Olengie are safe though.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Used all 10 tickets and got nothing above 3*. I'm going to go throw up now.

I was wrong to think I could stay in this thread in any capacity. Whatever issue I have to deal with going forward in terms of gameplay advice, questions, anything, I'll just have to deal with it on my own.

I'm setting this thread to ignore so I don't even see it on the forum page and won't be tempted back in. If I show my face here again for any reason, ban me.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking this and am glad someone put it into art.

gnA2iQi.jpg

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
People who already had animation updates getting updates, yet Jack is still the only 5 Star with basic bitch animations.

I hate the character, but I still feel somewhat bad for her.
Gil's one of the first that got animation updates and his animations now were kinda outdated.

Jack not getting updated yet means the moment she'll get an update her animations will be on par with current ones, unlike Gil's first update.

Status
Not open for further replies.