• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
God I forgot how much of a pain in the ass this event was. Events where they make you spawn more enemies in a wave are the worst.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Agartha was trash and not even enjoyable or offensive trashy trash, it was just plain boring trash. It also ruined any of ferguses popularity in jp, Rip best saber bro.

Shinjuku was okay but I'm pretty biased in favour of modern settings.

Not holding much expectations until lost belts, and even then until lb4.

Ngl i miss FUAHAHAHAHA on jp aha... ahahaha is pretty good too but why not both.

And gil has a 3rd skill animation where he opens his arms and shrugs? Wasn't paying that much attention, only seen it once so far so maybe it's rare?

And god I love the sprite work on jp. Sprites >>> their actual character art so often nowadays.

ivIpbbq.png

Also did samsung game tuner get nerfed or is it just me? Swear down you used to be able to force stuff to run at 200% resolution. Now it caps out at 100%.
He sits in a chair now? I need to check out these new animations. Only seen his NP so far.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
If you can, do borrow the 100% enemy rate up CE for the main quests, so of the enemies seem to have 100% mat drop rate. I just got 6 knights medals from the 2nd main quest

Farming QP without using any apples. 650 million should be enough for a while.
Nice job on your Summer Fran. Mine is still sitting at 6/1/6 I think.

The 180 fluids are a killer.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Are you guys going to pick up the mana prisms? I have like 6000 and I don't even know if I need them anymore.
God I forgot how much of a pain in the ass this event was. Events where they make you spawn more enemies in a wave are the worst.
I mean KnK is still one of the best events we've had so far so I wouldn't say they're the worst lol.

But yeah the mechanic is shit. Which is why I opt to 3 turn it twice instead thanks to all those bronze apples we now have haha (I'm actually only going to burn apples near the end as I just need the lore, XP and fous this event).

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I'm not in an event mood, I don't feel like playing much, guess I'll find a guide and follow it without thinking

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wish they didn't time-gate re-runs. I'd much prefer to blast through story and begin at the optimal nodes.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't really give a shit about this event tbh, haven't even started, will probably skip most of it barring the CQs and lores.

I was just thinking that I would like to NP2 Atalanta at least for Skadimemes, I'll spend the next ticket on Zerkcatlanta so that's not an option.

Her only solo rate up is the pre Apocoroco with Karna, Kusa, Mode red, and Semiramis. Amakusa has boring animations, and even lilly has a better big back little crunch than he does, and the rest are general pop servants. So maybe, if I'm lucky, I might get a semi. Its good timing since that's her animation update too, so I'll actually start using her.

Last edited:

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah really don't feel like farming. Probably will just blast through the main story.

gaiadyne

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact, I haven't summoned a newly released 5* summon since last year's Halloween event. Which I summoned on the stroke of midnight on Halloween with a ticket. Hoping my curse will be lifted soon. Although I thinks it's more to blame on how few new 5* were released so far this year compared to last year.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Trash? How'd you manage to pull a Tristan when he's not even featured?

Just joking, please don't hurt me.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Are you guys going to pick up the mana prisms? I have like 6000 and I don't even know if I need them anymore.

I mean KnK is still one of the best events we've had so far so I wouldn't say they're the worst lol.

But yeah the mechanic is shit. Which is why I opt to 3 turn it twice instead thanks to all those bronze apples we now have haha (I'm actually only going to burn apples near the end as I just need the lore, XP and fous this event).
I always buy the mana prisms because I want to be able to clear the monthly shop and buy anything else that shows up unexpectedly like new CEs. I'm currently at 10k but I'm still going to buy them.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017

I'm just using berserkers and turning off my mind and pressing red buttons lol.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Was waiting for the rate up with Artoria and her two Alters. Spent everything I saved up since summer, and... nothing. Will get another 20 quartz in 3 or so hours, but I'm keeping my expectations low. I still have my 4* ticket. This account needs a well loved Artoria, and if there's anything that will sway me from choosing Jets, it's Salter.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
We randomly got 10 SQ, which is almost certainly a bribe to distract everyone from the fact that they skipped an Okita rate up and that every other server got a campaign that gave them 30 SQ. Its still appreciated I guess.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
We randomly got 10 SQ, which is almost certainly a bribe to distract everyone from the fact that they skipped an Okita rate up and that every other server got a campaign that gave them 30 SQ. Its still appreciated I guess.
I'm still hopeful that we'll get that stuff (and probably the Camelot stage play banner) for Thanksgiving.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Sorry. :(

But hey, you got her! Congrats! RIP your wallet, though.

My Switch Lite savings (plus some) went poof for Artoria. One half of my brain is having an absolute fit, and the other half is trying to rationalize and spin it in anyway possible lol.

I love you FGO, but maybe I need someone to stand behind me with a frying pan when I roll? Like I'll set a limit and if I attempt to go past it they can knock me out first! xD

362261099078221825.png

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
My Switch Lite savings (plus some) went poof for Artoria. One half of my brain is having an absolute fit, and the other half is trying to rationalize and spin it in anyway possible lol.

I love you FGO, but maybe I need someone to stand behind me with a frying pan when I roll? Like I'll set a limit and if I attempt to go past it they can knock me out first! xD

362261099078221825.png

If it makes you feel better I did the same with Ishtar.

For actual advise, if you're on Android, use Google takeout to export a CSV of your Google Play transactions, and format it into a spreadsheet that helps you keep track of how much you've spent in a way that will curb you from spending.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
unknown.png

How's uh, everyone else's day going? :x

I had something similar happen when I was trying for Gramps. I got him in the end along with others (which is part of why I kept trying) but I spent the most money i have ever spent on one banner and I honestly still regret it >>.

The only positive besides the servants and CEs I got from it was that since I used my credit card to pay for it I now have a super amazing credit score despite having a bunch of school loans to still pay off (from before FGO lol) because I pay off a good amount on my credit card every month until it's back to 0.

However, I never want to spend that much money again on one banner (I'd much rather spend it over a bunch than just one) so I mapped out my spinning plans for the next two years to figure out which banners I really want to do so I can save better and also to make sure I set limits for how much I use. I also keep updating it as things happen on the JP server so I can see if any new banners are more important than some older ones (I dropped like most of them when I learned about Summer Carmilla because she is the big focus for me in the next two years)

I'm having a hard time getting back into saving quartz after summer but otherwise my plan has been working pretty smoothly so far.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I'd stop once it was about to affect or make me think/change plans for something else I was going to spend money on.

Last edited:

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
unknown.png

How's uh, everyone else's day going? :x
Hey, at least you got her. :D
Many of us have been there already, yeah.
Had spent at least the same on Tamamo without even getting her (final roll was my first Artoria Saber). What made me feel extra dumb was the fact that Tamamo isn't even limited but at that time I was so keen on doing arts meme with Squirtoria. Got her later on the class GSSR. What made my previous spending even more unnecessary.
Raikou thanksgiving banner was also pretty bad, but I gave up before it got even worse (Onigashima rerun went a lot better). Thanks to irawr for the gift card assist, lol.

As for this Lartoria banner, I used two tickets and got a Fergus and a random SR CE. Hoping for more luck on the Nito solo rate up.

EDIT:

So what's the best node for farming bronze >.> need me blaze

Snowfield

Last edited:

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I know this event isn't that popular with people (maybe it's because I like most of the characters and I like using the event servants) but I sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that's enjoying myself with this event. XD

Most of the threads for the event on the reddit have been pretty negative. XD

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I mean yeah (I barely use my copy) but I'm not having a bad time doing these fights even if the ghosts are still pieces of shit like they always are. :/

But yeah I get it if people don't care about reruns.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda hate farming this event tho lol. Like to be optimal there is absolutely no way you can 3 turn anything. I really dislike spawn extra enemies mechanics. Both this and CCC.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Me, even through im filled to the brim with this event CE(through not the ones in the event shop since i did not care enough last year.), i'll probably just get the goldens fous and maybe the feathers in the shop. Don't have the time to grind this nor do i want to.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Again i get that, but I only run 3 turn teams during Lottos where i need to do a bunch of it in a quick fashion. My fights are usually 6-7 turns and I'm okay with that because I like using the servants I'm using.

Nito at least is making things go faster though since I can naturally charge her NP, use it and still use her NP skill for the final phase NP.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Mind you, probably part of why I'm enjoying myself is because I get to use my Robin (I love my birb so much) and the fact that I really like completely clearing the shop of everything (except for statues because those bitches are useless). I'm willing to do whatever it takes to clear the shop and since I'm on natural AP, I'm being pretty chill about it still.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's not like I'm hating myself while playing it lol. I'm just here, pressing red buttons.

At least it's nice to stockpile apples after nerofest.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Got my second copy of Lartoria and Salter on my first 10 roll, and as I said last year, if I ever got her to NP2 I would grail her to 100

y591qBd.jpg

CZQpeh3.jpg

Now I've got to decide which 4* to get, I'm leaning towards a second Salter since I don't have any AoE Sabers, Zerkalot NP2 is also an option, but I feel that's putting all the eggs on a single basket, I don't have a Kscope (none in almost 2 years...), nor Waver, plus you need at least NP3 Zerkalot to truly meme-Skadi so to get something out of Zerkalot I would need to get Waver, Skadi, a copy of Kscope and an extra copy of Zerkalot, that's likely too wishful for mostly F2P player.

On another note, I apparently burned last year's CEs because I only have the 5* CE left...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.