• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I'm partial to Jalter's final ascension art. It's not the most artistically impressive, but I dig the colors and the pose. Arjunalter's FA is similarly simple but effective to me, there's just something so serene about it. Regular Arjuna is pretty good too. I don't really have a lot of ground on this subject though since I don't usually search for FAs of servants I don't own.

Lancelot's FA should be beautiful but his fucking derpy face just...

Last edited:

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer Pro Cu thank you very much.

latest

It's still my favorite to this day and beats out Arjuna's beautiful art that has been my lock screen for a year.

I think I like Proto Cu's design more than OG Cu honestly. It might be the outfit,

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
it took all my tickets but now I have the Dangerous Beast CE, I'm ready for next halloween event.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
I've been looking at the summon banners for the rest of the year and there's nothing that caught my eye, maybe I might shoot for Raiko NP2 since I use her plenty for farming.

Then next summer there's two servants I want back to back (Skadi for obvious reasons and BB Summer), there's a trend with servants I like though, they're all Buster somehow and that's most likely gonna bite me in the ass in the long run, I probably should diversify a bit and aim to get Tamamo/Jeanne come next year for some Arts stalling or something.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I think I like Proto Cu's design more than OG Cu honestly. It might be the outfit,
Yep, it's a great outfit and in general his design looks way better which is why he is boyfriend over the other Cu.

I love OG Cu, but he can't compete with Pro Cu or even Ca Cu's designs >> Fun fact: My original boyfriend was Ca Cu but I dumped him for Pro Cu.

I just wish they actually gave Pro Cu something to do in the story since he's one of the few starter servants that hasn't gotten anything really. He also needs another ce as the only one we have of him is him with the other cu.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Finally got a Dangerous Beast CE and im ready to farm the event.

And Proto Cu has Beast Slayer++ so that makes him automatically better.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, i just decided to celebrate having lost close to 600+ quartz last year (At least it serves as a good example why i should never again spend money on this game except for the gssr) trying to get even one copy of Cleo by using one ticket on the banner.

I begin to see rainbow sparks and an Assassin card :
xONoNpQ.jpg
...i'm not sure how to feel about this.

Last edited:

Shinogu

Oct 25, 2017
Well, i just decided to celebrate having lost close to 600+ quartz last year (At least it serves as a good example why i should never again spend money on this game except for the gssr) trying to get even one copy of Cleo by using one ticket on the banner.

I begin to see golden sparks and an Assassin card :
xONoNpQ.jpg
RULES OF NATURE

qon

Oct 25, 2017

I begin to see golden sparks and an Assassin card :
xONoNpQ.jpg

Better than Cleo.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

I begin to see rainbow sparks and an Assassin card :
xONoNpQ.jpg
That's like reaching into your pocket, hoping to find a $20 bill but finding $100 instead.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's like reaching into your pocket, hoping to find a $20 bill but finding $100 instead.
It's more due to the monetary cost of failing repeatedly last time vs this time, coupled with the bait and switch that gives me mixed feelings on this, even through getting a ssr is always a good thing.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's more due to the monetary cost of failing repeatedly last time vs this time, coupled with the bait and switch that gives me mixed feelings on this, even through getting a ssr is always a good thing.
Oh, I didn't know the 600SQ you spent were towards Cleo (I thought it was just general pulls without an SSR). I now see why you might feel the way you do.

Be sure to give Jack a good home! Otherwise she'll try to play the dismemberment game with you.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
All of my Saberfaces, my Drake, Mash, my shiny new Brave Liz, and my future Semiramis... they all require Dragon Fangs like crazy!

They don't appear to in any of the upcoming event shops either... orz

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Huh, in that case it might be wise to not go all out on the Christmas lottery and instead wait for Da Vinci lottery... Less than a month between two unlimited lotteries seems wild.

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
But it does have all the Monuments and Pieces you could desire. Think of all the music tracks you could unlock with all those metal statues!

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I'll never need statues LOL (Except maybe caster or assassin) but gems i always need, so i'll probably see how far I can get into Christmas and see how many apples I have left for da Vinci, I still have a ton of apples though and I'm sure I won't be able to use all of them during Christmas especially since the lotto keeps giving bronze ones.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
After the first da Vinci lotto I have never been low on statues. As long as I don't go nuts buying music for My Room (and why would I when from what I hear you can't even set a new default BGM?), I don't think it's even possible for me to run out of statues. Meanwhile, although I'm probably better off in terms of gems than I've ever been before (if it were just a matter of gems, I'd be able to instantly max-skill any two Servants from each class), I could still easily blow through such a surplus if I wasn't careful.
Meanwhile on JP I am constantly desperate for monuments and pieces lol.
JP is different. JP hasn't had a statue lotto in years. It's only natural that newcomers would struggle with statues.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Lol so for the first and final Female only challenge missions I decided for a laugh to take Nobuzerker, Nobuarcher, and Cleo because they are all busters that share the same VA, only for the game itself to make a Yakuza reference because Ferg was called "Fergus Kiwami" Which is even better because said VA voices Haruka.

I am laughing horribly at how perfect this is. Rama's va also voiced a character from Yakuza 0.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Lol so for the first and final Female only challenge missions I decided for a laugh to take Nobuzerker, Nobuarcher, and Cleo because they are all busters that share the same VA, only for the game itself to make a Yakuza reference because Ferg was called "Fergus Kiwami" Which is even better because said VA voices Haruka.

I am laughing horribly at how perfect this is. Rama's va also voiced a character from Yakuza 0.
Huh, I didn't know this. I'm a big Yakuza fan as well. The new one is looking great. I need to hit up that Judgment game soon too.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Huh, I didn't know this. I'm a big Yakuza fan as well. The new one is looking great. I need to hit up that Judgment game soon too.
Yep because of the Yakuza games and stuff like Fate I know quite a few Japanese VAs thought I'd think it'd be really easy for any Yakuza fan to recognize Ferg's voice lol, which is also what happened with Florence and Rama's though that one took a bit longer before I realized their va voiced Makoto. I'm honestly still amazed that Kawashiro voices Artemis because it's her most different voice LOL.

Hell I even recognized Pro Cu's VA while watching an LPer play 0 when Majima was talking to another host club owner and that was a really minor part.

Fun fact: the only reason i know Nobu and Cleo share a va with Haruka is because I was listening to Haruka sing that metal Karaoke song and the higher tones in her voice reminded me a lot of Nobu. I looked her up and sure enough.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
Jack's not an AoE Assassin though. Also Jack needs some goddamn clothes.
There's no point to AoE SSRs with exceptionally low damage and a complete lack of utility. They're arguably not even great for farming because the consistency is not there. The value of Jack is from a gameplay perspective is so much higher that it's kind of absurd. At this point of the game's life if you're rolling for Cleo you're kind of just really out of it tbh.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Yep because of the Yakuza games and stuff like Fate I know quite a few Japanese VAs thought I'd think it'd be really easy for any Yakuza fan to recognize Ferg's voice lol, which is also what happened with Florence and Rama's though that one took a bit longer before I realized their va voiced Makoto. I'm honestly still amazed that Kawashiro voices Artemis because it's her most different voice LOL.

Hell I even recognized Pro Cu's VA while watching an LPer play 0 when Majima was talking to another host club owner and that was a really minor part.

Fun fact: the only reason i know Nobu and Cleo share a va with Haruka is because I was listening to Haruka sing that metal Karaoke song and the higher tones in her voice reminded me a lot of Nobu. I looked her up and sure enough.
Kawashiro also voices Mordred.
Kind the same as what happened with me when I heard Yumi talk and realized she and Jannu had the same VA

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Cleo isn't particularly strong right now but isn't particularly weak and does get some reasonably strong utility later in buff block (and another boost to NP dmg). She also makes good use of Merlin memes and has great NP gain compared to most Buster based servants, and the debuff cleanse is rare and situationally very nice.

Jack is definitely better but doesn't become godlike til Skadi is out and fulfills a different role anyway.

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
There's no point to AoE SSRs with exceptionally low damage and a complete lack of utility. They're arguably not even great for farming because the consistency is not there. The value of Jack is from a gameplay perspective is so much higher that it's kind of absurd. At this point of the game's life if you're rolling for Cleo you're kind of just really out of it tbh.
Considering the amount of fall-off I hear FGO is going to have for single target I'm not sure how true that valuation of AoE SSRs is. Jack has a lot of utility but her utility is entirely in a different direction than anyone who might even possibly think they want Cleo for what she offers. Both have have heals and "Oh shit NP" skills but Cleo has more survivability in her "Golden Rule" skill. Cleo is also (AFAIR) the only AoE Buster Assassin for still some time in US, so for right now is still one of the best Assassins to pair with the currently undisputed support master of the Buster meta, Merlin. We also have a long while before any better AoE Buster Assassin alternatives to Cleo do get added to US and by then we'll almost have Skadi and a different game meta entirely.

Maybe my opinion on this is tainted because I've never been lucky enough to have a Waver and I pulled Merlin on his first banner but I've never been really dissatisfied with Cleo's role when I used her meanwhile there's been no times I really wish I had a Jack in a situation I used Cleo.

Then again my opinion might also be tained because like I said I hate Jack's design and lack of clothes while simultaneously loving Cleo's design, clothes and FA.

Jack is definitely better but doesn't become godlike til Skadi is out and fulfills a different role anyway.
This essentially. When we get to Skadi I might singing a different tune on this.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The thing about Cleo is she's pretty hard for any Rider to kill with the amount of self healing she has. Her NP gain is very strong, and her buster buff on the NP proks before using so it makes the damage a lot more viable than most aoe units.

The problem I have with Jack is quick is dead in NA, and when quick is good using casters against Riders is difficult. They crit more than any other enemy, so they basically 2 shot any support caster. I guess if you're going for a one shot then it could work, but in a long fight I don't think they can hold up. At least that was my experience vs the bull. Merlin just got wiped so early, it was a miracle that I even got his NP off once.

But regardless of all of that I think saying someone is out of it for rolling for a "non-meta" servant is kind of dumb. Why should you look down on someone for trying to pull a servant they like? Since when was gameplay the only thing that mattered?

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Roll for love not stats~

Because most people in this thread have been playing so long there really isn't any servant any of us need to play the game at this point.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
As someone who has Jack and KH and still uses Jack because I find the idea of a little girl murdering monsters/bosses hilarous I honestly fail to see where the problem lies with her vs the current best Buster option avalaible, she'll take what 1 additional turn to kill stuff sometimes? She's a Quick servant but she does just fine even before Skadi.
I use Shuten for fights that would usually fit a ST assassin better, she's an AoE assassin that will do a lot less damage, she'll still finish the fight, granted not as fast as a ST assassin, but does that really matter outside of farming?

As I said previously I keep using Kiara for any fight that allows me without any trouble and people keep saying she's weak, but I keep having no issues.
Using non-meta servants is fine, you won't be squeeling at big numbers and it'll take a bit longer, but does that matter?
I have used Mordred for most of the game I never had any troubles honestly (and this before she spooked me up to NP5), I don't user her for farming but I still bring her out for bosses because I like using her over Musashi.

I don't particularly care for Cleo but if you like her she's fine, I have used her off FL support during the year and she always did well too.
It doesn't matter if you want to use Shuten over Cleo, or Jack over KH or hell Cleo/Shuten over ST assassin (like I do), your servants will pull through granted RNG won't screw you, but RNG can screw you even if you have the best setup in my experience.
Ofc if you like to play keeping performance as the most important thing that is fine as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.