• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Mine will be grailed at least to 90 as well.

Where did you get the magatamas for ascension? I'm in section 9 and only had 3 drop so far. Tomoe is still stuck in level 60 for now...
Pretty much got all of them from story missions. I'm just about done with the story.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Lol just did the Archer of Inferno fight and Musashi got nuked turn 1. I won out in the end though with OG Cu doing what he does best and being the only survivor. XD

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I thought about doing that too, but I really like using the OG mystic code for boss fights because the heal is handy and comes back at a reasonable pace.

However so far I've been able to use only knight servants (except for support as I'm either running Musashi or casters with lunchtime) for all these fights. The ideal situation would be to have knight servants for all non-boss fights with the bosses being the exception.

Using knight only servants has been fun though as I've been running teams based on who is close to a bond level. It also resulted in me bringing Tamalancer to fight a certain Geisha and princess when I didn't know I would be fighting them and that was hilarious. XD

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Hi all,

I am a lurker who likes to follow this thread to have info on the game.

Since everyone is sharing his ID (and I just cleared all my friends that haven't played for over 100 days, so I have like 10 friends spot open) here's my ID if you wanna be my friend: 330,524,143

My IGN is Jeeane

Here is my servant lineup
dwSPpdU.jpg

P.S.: Tristan is a bad sad servant
Welcome!

Will add you in a bit when I log on again. Same name as here so it'll be easy to spot. :)

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know Shiroumasa was so prominent in the story. I thought he was only a small cameo appearance that people were obsessing over. I get why people want him now.

Oct 27, 2017
man this singularity has been really good so far (i'm at section 8), up there with Babylonia and Camelot for me, great cast so far as I have been enjoying both my companions and the antagonists. Only complain is that there is a lot of text that feels unnecessary, like extra descriptive to the point of overkill
Since everyone is sharing his ID (and I just cleared all my friends that haven't played for over 100 days, so I have like 10 friends spot open) here's my ID if you wanna be my friend: 330,524,143
invite sent, IGN same as here

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Lol reminds me of how most of my lancer team strats are putting together my team of evade using servants and hoping to high heaven the archer boss doesn't have sure hit. XD

The good news is that if they do and they are ST I use bring in Leonidas to be the sacrifice after he buffs everyone.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Not far in yet due to being busy with work, but I gotta say that I already enjoy this more than the previous story chapter.

EDIT:

Warning, salty posting:

2 tickets on Musashi banner and 1 ticket on Parvati banner:
No good

So just for the fun of seeing how I would be be screwed over (actually expected Artoria on Musashi banner) I watched some Ayane Sakura (Musashi seiyuu) catalyst videos. First her Project Sakura Wars character song video followed by the first two Blade of the Immortal episodes. Well, she is a sword fighter in both, so why not, right?

Remainings 6 tickets on both banners, nothing.

1st multi on Musashi banner, gold sparkle on the 2nd roll. It's a gold Saber!
Saberlot NP2

2nd multi, this time on the Pavarti banner, only the 3 and 4 star event CE's

3rd multi, back to Musashi banner, gold sparkle on the 4th roll:
First Drake

I mean, it's cool that I can now expect a lot of FP due to Drake being the ideal choice for QP farming, but my SSR summon rate for rate up Servants is now at 46%. That's not funny, you know?

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Shimousa finished. Overall I thought it was pretty good despite the fact the dialogue was padded to hell with Ye Olde Japanese history jargon.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Seriously, I'm constantly googling whatever they're talking about...

EDIT:

Did a few rolls on the Summon simulator.
1st multi: Tomoe
2nd multi: Musashi
3rd multi: Another Musashi
5th multi: Kaleidoscope

Nice bait.

Resetted and started up again:
1st multi: Tomoe
But this time it took me until multi 32 for a SSR (Musashi) to show up.
Temptation succesfully reduced.

Last edited:

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
I have whaled pretty hard on FGO two years ago, then stopped playing last year, a bit before merlin came out. With Tomoe (my waifu on my JPN account) being released this week, I decided to roll for her too. This year of not playing resulted in 10 or so tickets, and 290 SQ. So basically close to 200$ worth of money. And guess the result? 0 character above 3*, no new artifact, only dupe shit that wouldn't even be usefull to increase some level cap.

I can't even say I'm surprised. To be honest, you guys should try out some other gacha games. The drop rates in FGO are downright insulting, a sign that the dev hold their customers in disdain. There are plenty of other games more deserving of your money.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I have whaled pretty hard on FGO two years ago, then stopped playing last year, a bit before merlin came out. With Tomoe (my waifu on my JPN account) being released this week, I decided to roll for her too. This year of not playing resulted in 10 or so tickets, and 290 SQ. So basically close to 200$ worth of money. And guess the result? 0 character above 3*, no new artifact, only dupe shit that wouldn't even be usefull to increase some level cap.

I can't even say I'm surprised. To be honest, you guys should try out some other gacha games. The drop rates in FGO are downright insulting, a sign that the dev hold their customers in disdain. There are plenty of other games more deserving of your money.

I've played azur Lane, Girl's frontline, dragalia lost and epic 7. None of them come even close to making me feel like their content deserves my money unlike fgo.

At some point I don't care if your droprates are good if I don't care about the drops at all.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, even if you like FGO I would say DW is bad enough to not deserve your money. They feel like a really low effort dev sometimes.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, even if you like FGO I would say DW is bad enough to not deserve your money. They feel like a really low effort dev sometimes.

And I'm not saying they 100% deserve money either. Just that droprates are not the thing that makes me consider giving money.

If anything I'd still encourage people to not give them a single cent.

Do as I say, not as I do.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany

That's some pretty shitty rolls.

I'm giving up on the Parvati and Musashi banners after 5 multis. Not going to whale. Technically, my result was good, if it weren't for them all being spooks, so eh. Is 70% for SSR & SR rate ups the standard for Gacha games?

Maybe one more on Raikou and then next up Thanksgiving.
If it weren't for Fate, I wouldn't play any Gacha games in the first place.

Last edited:

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Idc so much as the gacha rates as much as I do the absolute lack of effort they put into NA.

I don't mind throwing disposable money into the abyss, I do it in plenty of other aspects of my life. I do mind being to wait made two years for basic ass shit like animation updates and not even acknowledging basic bugs never mind fixing them.

And like look this samosa release campaign, they announce it after the chapter's already out? Like who gives a fuck at that point. What a clusterfuck.

Last edited:

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure the people who like Nasu's stuff will readily admit that lol.

The nasuverse is fun just because of how bayshit huge and stupid it is.
I would say the opposite. Most people who like Nasu's stuff won't admit that. We're in the minority here.
People who haven't read from Nasu's original language like to insult him, but he's written multiple stories that have been deemed good in Japan so I'll trust their judgment over translated interpretations of his works.
The only problem with this point is the fact that language was rarely the issue. The issues people have with Nasu's work are writing issues that are evident regardless of language.

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Idc so much as the gacha rates as much as I do the absolute lack of effort they put into NA.

I don't mind throwing disposable money into the abyss, I do it in plenty of other aspects of my life. I do mind being to wait made two years for basic ass shit like animation updates and not even acknowledging basic bugs never mind fixing them.

And like look this samosa release campaign, they announce it after the chapter's already out? Like who gives a fuck at that point. What a clusterfuck.
Yeah it's a bummer. CCC was in freakin' April, and NA has been running like ass on my phone ever since. I recall some acknowledgement of this, but it's October now and it hasn't been fixed. JP feels like a different game at this point, with the fast load times and everything being butter smooth on the same device.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
It amazes me how some of you get through these things so quickly. I mean even if my life wasn't as busy as it is, there's so many things that I want to spend my free time on I could never finish a new singularity in a few days. It does make me question if I should quit sometimes. I'm just not willing to commit to this game or franchise in the same way that the rest of you do so I'm perpetually behind.

Oct 25, 2017
It amazes me how some of you get through these things so quickly. I mean even if my life wasn't as busy as it is, there's so many things that I want to spend my free time on I could never finish a new singularity in a few days. It does make me question if I should quit sometimes. I'm just not willing to commit to this game or franchise in the same way that the rest of you do so I'm perpetually behind.
Eh, it's kind of a weird thing to say considering there's no rush to finish the Singularity. If you finish it a few weeks later than everyone else what's the big deal? It's not like other gacha games where you're grinding daily fighting to stay in PvP tier Gold or whatever bollocks. There's no punishment for taking the game at your own pace. Not gonna lie, kind of feels like complaining just for the sake of it here.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I havnt even started it. Lol.

Babylonia episode 2 was good. Animation is incredible. Also show is surprisingly funny.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've only beaten the first 'boss', it's almost solely a commuting game for me.

I wonder how I'd play if I was unemployed.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017

I don't really see what drop rate has to do with whether a game is worth playing or not..... unless you're playing or treating a game as a hero collector.....

If rates mattered Fire Emblem Heroes would still be my main game instead of FGO/E7...... I've pulled 30+ 5 stars in FEH as F2P since I stopped playing it seriously.... doesn't exactly make me want to come back and main it....

I'm not exactly going to prioritize E7 less because I've spent 2000 bookmarks on my last 3 banner characters compared to 60 quartz for my last 3 SSRs in FGO..... pity rate is a trap.....

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it's kind of a weird thing to say considering there's no rush to finish the Singularity. If you finish it a few weeks later than everyone else what's the big deal? It's not like other gacha games where you're grinding daily fighting to stay in PvP tier Gold or whatever bollocks. There's no punishment for taking the game at your own pace. Not gonna lie, kind of feels like complaining just for the sake of it here.
Lool I wasn't complaining, honestly. It's more like...envy I guess? I wish I could commit to this like some of you do, which just gives me this feeling of should I still be playing this when I'm not always that interested. I'm still halfway through Agartha and I don't see myself playing it any time soon. I feel like I'm forcing myself through it, and not because it's Agartha. I felt the same during Shinjuku and I liked Shinjuku. I thought it was one of the better arcs. The only reason I really went through it though was because I was travelling up the east coast of Australia by bus and the journeys were long. Maybe if I could play it on the tube it would be easier, but the idea of committing time at home to reading through the story just rarely interests me. It's just been something I've been feeling most of this year now.

I guess what I was getting at was I wish I loved Fate as much as the rest of you. There was a time I felt that way, but I don't think I do anymore, which makes me wonder if I should quit. Am I trying to hold on to something that isn't there anymore. When I see how eager you guys are to get on new content (Babylonia anime, new singularity) this is what goes through my mind.

So yeah, not really a complaint, more just thoughts, musings. I'm surprised you thought I was complaining though lol. I only complain about shitty writing, gender inequality, and time gated nodes haha (obviously I complain a lot more than that but you get my point).

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in between jobs right now, so I ahve more off time to dedicate. Also it's Musashi's singularity so I was pretty interested to read through.

Oct 25, 2017
Lool I wasn't complaining, honestly. It's more like...envy I guess? I wish I could commit to this like some of you do, which just gives me this feeling of should I still be playing this when I'm not always that interested. I'm still halfway through Agartha and I don't see myself playing it any time soon. I feel like I'm forcing myself through it, and not because it's Agartha. I felt the same during Shinjuku and I liked Shinjuku. I thought it was one of the better arcs. The only reason I really went through it was because I was travelling up the east coast of Australia by bus and the journey's were long. Maybe if I could play it on the tube it would easier, but the idea of committing time at home to reading through the story just rarely interests me. It's just been something I've been feeling most of this year now.

I guess what I was getting at was I wish I loved Fate as much as the rest of you. There was a time I felt that way, but I don't think I do anymore, which makes me wonder if I should quit. Am I trying to hold on to something that isn't there anymore. When I see how eager you guys are to get on new content (Babylonia anime, new singularity) this is what goes through my mind.

So yeah, not really a complaint, more just thoughts, musings. I'm surprised you thought I was complaining though lol. I only complain about shitty writing, gender inequality, and time gated nodes haha (obviously I complain a lot more than that but you get my point).
Ahhh, I got ya. Tbh I'd say that's one of the good things about the game (if not the best thing). I would say there's no point forcing yourself to play if you're not feeling it. Even if you take a break there's no harm in that. You can pretty much coast just doing the bare minimum. There's nothing wrong with quitting either, it's just a game at the end of the day.

Last edited:

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Lool I wasn't complaining, honestly. It's more like...envy I guess? I wish I could commit to this like some of you do, which just gives me this feeling of should I still be playing this when I'm not always that interested. I'm still halfway through Agartha and I don't see myself playing it any time soon. I feel like I'm forcing myself through it, and not because it's Agartha. I felt the same during Shinjuku and I liked Shinjuku. I thought it was one of the better arcs. The only reason I really went through it though was because I was travelling up the east coast of Australia by bus and the journeys were long. Maybe if I could play it on the tube it would be easier, but the idea of committing time at home to reading through the story just rarely interests me. It's just been something I've been feeling most of this year now.

Take things at your own pace and do things when you are in the mood, personally I blitz through content because I like to bingeplay and I wouldn't have time/wouldn't be in the mood mid-week when I have to deal with work.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished section 12 of Shimousa. Even though I said I wouldn't be trying to stick to the bonus Servants, I'd been doing a pretty good job of sticking to them until Paraiso.

The last fight of section 12 forced me to use two command seals. I was down to just Cursed Arm with full NP and low HP, facing one enemy on their last bar. Looking at the enemy's HP, I figured that CA could take them out in two turns if he could survive, so I filled his HP and let him loose. He did roughly the amount of damage I expected, but then the enemy used evade after bringing him down to low health. This forced me to use a second CS and hope really hard that the enemy wouldn't evade again. They didn't, so CA was able to finish them off.

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if they're saving Muramasa for an obvious HF3 tie-in at this point. In any case, never knew he had such a prominent role in this chapter. Will grail when released.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I was surprised by his role as well, I'm also surprised that a servant with that much screentime hasn't been released yet

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
You can see where all of our Gacha went to.

Not sold on the OP song, but the latest episode had once again some nicely animated fights, but it's not unusual to have the first two episodes with good production.
Will be interesting to see how the fight against Casgil will look like in episode 3.

I'm surprised at how text heavy Shimousa is.

Wish there were more breaks, but that's on me...

Two Grails down. Will probably do five more at a later date
t6yAN87h.png
Man, why did I have to see that portrait? :(

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Not sold on the OP song, but the latest episode had once again some nicely animated fights, but it's not unusual to have the first two episodes with good production.
Will be interesting to see how the fight against Casgil will look like in episode 3.

Wish there were more breaks, but that's on me...

Man, why did I have to see that portrait? :(
I wasn't a fan of the OP when I first watched it. Maybe over time but currently meh.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
One thing about Shimousa I want to say is that it's probably the first time I've liked Raikou as a character

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
The Babylonia anime also went with the "Altria" spelling. Well, makes sense even if it annoys me.
Speaking of Saber Servants, I did some single rolls and the 9th one was yet again a Saber gold card.

Mordred NP1
4th SSR spook in a row lol

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the Final Singualarity, which was pretty interesting. Guess I'll jump int Shimousa with everyone else.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I'll echo the sentiment that drop rates don't really matter when I don't care for what I'm rolling. I've got my fair share of 5 stars on Dragalia and Granblue that I don't really give a shit (except for Lelouch but he was a "welfare" lol) nor do I find myself invested enough to play them. If nothing else, trying out a bunch of different gachas has shown me the genre probably isn't for me. I need some strong attachment to the series and the game needs to offer something worthwhile, and most of them fail at the latter. In FGO's case it has characters and narrative I actually care about and a fun enough battle system. It's the only gacha I managed to stick with. That said, I'm F2P and was aware that the rates sucked. I never even expected to roll an SSR during my first year so yeah, measured expectations and all. I also appreciate how low commitment FGO is, as T-Rex noted. Weekly ladders suck. I do feel pressured to complete events, but at least they're fairly chill for the most part. Having to wait for QOL and animation updates is a bummer but what can you do.

Looking forward to some Babylonia slice of life in next week's episode, though judging by their current pace I expect them to go over it relatively quickly.
This is how Sakurai tends to be when not constrained like they were in Septem and London.
Huh, I didn't know Shimosa was by her. That's a hell of an improvement.
And I already knew I wanted Muramasa, what I didn't expect was being teased so much with real Musashi. GIVE ME BUM MUSASHI VAGABOND STYLE DW YOU COWARDS

Status
Not open for further replies.