• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't even touched the new story yet, waiting for the constant migraine I've had for days to leave me first. I want to be able to enjoy things when I play through it all. :/

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
How is the ost of Babylonia so far? I still go back and listen to the Apocrypha ost every now and then.
Muramasa is just a CE edit like Kayneth. Hes never happening.
Yeah this is the camp I'm in rn. I think he's only happening when FGO looks like it's in trouble or the replacement for FGO is in the works and they're trying to milk it for all it's worth lol.
If Jason can happen then everything is possible.
Jason was in that datamine that had a number of servants release late last year early this year, so we did expect him at some point.
Time to take a break from FGO...
I'm missing something here.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Only one has god tier NP music and is from the better series 👀
Why have I only just seen this lol?! Yes to this!

I really think KnK rerun will be an FGO revitalisation for me. Been feeling to watch the movies again for some time but wanted to save them for the rerun. Finally (hopefully) getting Asagami after all this time. And hearing the music in game again. It'll be so good. It's also the only time I'll reread the whole story.

In short I really love KnK haha.
It's mostly game BGM, so good, I'd say?

Too much salt sours you on even the best story, so I need a break.
o that's quite cool, I like that. Even if I wanted to watch it it's only Funimation which I don't have a subscription for (I can't afford both it and crunchy) so I couldn't even check it out to see how it was.

So I realised I misread one of your posts when I went back and looked. You had posted results from the summon simulator but I thought those were your rolls. I was thinking you had NP2 Musashi so I didn't understand. But yeah I get where you're coming from. The last thing you want to do is play a game that you feel has treated you like shit.

phatmac

Dec 18, 2017
The second episode was much better with exposition done through dialogue. Merlin is a great character so he'll be a joy to listen to when he's explaining things. I'm a fan of both the OP and ED through repeated listening though I wish they made the OP sound a bit more appropriate to Babylon or at least a modern style song with Middle Eastern influence. Hope the second OP goes with the tone in the next arc of the story. The animation and background art are quite impressive. It's evident that a lot of animation studios helped with this production. It comes as no surprise as FGO is meant to as a media giant in Japan. The fou kick was obviously the best part. Can't wait for more Merlin.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
The only reason I'm trying to get through Shimousa when I can is because I want to quartz for halloween LOL. So far I've been good about resisting rolling a second time though. XD

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Mate asked why everyone was brown but the king was a white blond guy and I was like uhhhhhhhh, I'm so used to gil being gil it didn't even occur to me.

Edit: it's crazy how much better ana looks in this compared to her horrible look in-game.

Last edited:

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Episode 2 is the kind of story Scheherazade would tell to avoid being killed. Here's a fight, stay tuned till next time!

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Well I guess I have to finish the game now because I got Tomoe (I caved lol) and I only have 3 magatama. My desire to max her is way too strong LOL.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
BB really trivializes that so called "final battle". Pair her up with Tamamo and Waver, and you could probably end the fight before he even uses his NP once.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
BB really trivializes that so called "final battle". Pair her up with Tamamo and Waver, and you could probably end the fight before he even uses his NP once.
This is what I did and that is what happened. But from a story perspective it makes sense that he's weaker than Emperio, which is the real "final boss" of the chapter IMO.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
So I just cleared section 14 of Shimousa, and... uh...
Rain of Isis beats Limbo's magic? I mean, it's really funny when gameplay stuff is used in the actual story and I got a decent laugh out of it, but that really seems like something we should have tried a lot sooner. Sure, maybe it wouldn't work on someone who had already completed the process of becoming a HSS, but it seems like it would have been worth a try.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
So I just cleared section 14 of Shimousa, and... uh...
Rain of Isis beats Limbo's magic? I mean, it's really funny when gameplay stuff is used in the actual story and I got a decent laugh out of it, but that really seems like something we should have tried a lot sooner. Sure, maybe it wouldn't work on someone who had already completed the process of becoming a HSS, but it seems like it would have been worth a try.
I don't think
Rain of Isis can repair a damaged Saint Graph, just remove a curse that would damage a Saint Graph

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
How good is Musashi at NP1 anyway? I think I'll have enough SQ by Halloween event for 13 multi pulls. I just don't know if I wanna try for NP2 or just get some event CE's and save the rest...
=====

Story wise I just started Shinuku. I really like it! The setting is cool, the aesthetic is nice, it's quite atmospheric. Coming hot off of Babylonia and Solomon though I do wonder if maybe I should temper expectations...

phatmac

Dec 18, 2017
Finished Shimousa and really enjoyed it. It started of bad with needless walls of text with Inshun, but it gets better once the plot starts moving. I'll have to think more about plot holes and other faults, but I greatly enjoyed how different it is in comparison to every other singularity. It reminds me of the Fate route with how much emphasis is placed on Musashi and for good reason. It's her journey after all and she's a fun character who does what she wants for fun. It's like the Fate route with how your relationship is built on by fighting together through all of your battles and having the MC have an actual personality that makes their relationship stronger than other servants.

It's easily one of the highest productions with tons of unique CG's and music that brings it to another level. It's crazy to see how well done this chapter is when compared to how lazy Agartha is. Sakurai has really improved with this chapter and has done better than Nasu in writing good characters like Senji and surprisingly Kotarou is now a badass.

My complaints are that I think Senji could've been given some more focus as he is important to the story, but he kind of just disappears during the middle section. Some more character development would've been nice and a POV section with more emphasis on his regrets with his family would've been neat. He should've been playable with how important he is to the story, but maybe he would've taken away the spotlight from Musashi if given too big a role in the story.

I think the simpler aspects of the story work well, but the techno babble Fate is cursed with is brought up too often with way too many new terms and concepts brought up in this chapter. A bit more focus on a simpler storyline would've made it better. It still works in the end as Musashi's character arc is well done which is surprising considering how complex these chapters can get.

I think this could make a great anime that could tighten the script and make the cinematic duels really shine. It has all the makings of a good anime. Overall I'm impressed with how well done most of the chapter is.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
How good is Musashi at NP1 anyway? I think I'll have enough SQ by Halloween event for 13 multi pulls. I just don't know if I wanna try for NP2 or just get some event CE's and save the rest...
=====

Story wise I just started Shinuku. I really like it! The setting is cool, the aesthetic is nice, it's quite atmospheric. Coming hot off of Babylonia and Solomon though I do wonder if maybe I should temper expectations...
Nah you don't need NP2 at all. She doesn't get her NP that often, but she gets it often enough so it's not redundant. At the end of the day she's a buster servant through and through. Slap hot sands or bazett's CE on her and you're good to go.
Finished Shimousa and really enjoyed it. It started of bad with needless walls of text with Inshun, but it gets better once the plot starts moving. I'll have to think more about plot holes and other faults, but I greatly enjoyed how different it is in comparison to every other singularity. It reminds me of the Fate route with how much emphasis is placed on Musashi and for good reason. It's her journey after all and she's a fun character who does what she wants for fun. It's like the Fate route with how your relationship is built on by fighting together through all of your battles and having the MC have an actual personality that makes their relationship stronger than other servants.

It's easily one of the highest productions with tons of unique CG's and music that brings it to another level. It's crazy to see how well done this chapter is when compared to how lazy Agartha is. Sakurai has really improved with this chapter and has done better than Nasu in writing good characters like Senji and surprisingly Kotarou is now a badass.

My complaints are that I think Senji could've been given some more focus as he is important to the story, but he kind of just disappears during the middle section. Some more character development would've been nice and a POV section with more emphasis on his regrets with his family would've been neat. He should've been playable with how important he is to the story, but maybe he would've taken away the spotlight from Musashi if given too big a role in the story.

I think the simpler aspects of the story work well, but the techno babble Fate is cursed with is brought up too often with way too many new terms and concepts brought up in this chapter. A bit more focus on a simpler storyline would've made it better. It still works in the end as Musashi's character arc is well done which is surprising considering how complex these chapters can get.

I think this could make a great anime that could tighten the script and make the cinematic duels really shine. It has all the makings of a good anime. Overall I'm impressed with how well done most of the chapter is.
I have nothing to add to this (cause like I haven't played it lol) but I wanted to say this was a good analysis. Your points were thought out and well presented. We don't have too much in-depth analysis here so I feel credit should be given where it's due. If nothing else it made me more interested to play it.

But first, Agartha lol.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they would make this an anime due to how there's a controversy right now on how closely it resembled another movie lol.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I have no idea what other movie is resembles but why would they even care, above all if it's something that is originating now from the western fanbase?

edit: I'm not even sure if they'd care if it originated from the JP fanbase

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017

The tale starts in the Tokugawa shogunate when Yui Shōsetsu meets the old Mori Sōiken, who in the story had survived to the Shimabara rebellion and learned the dark arts of ninpou in order to get his revenge. Knowing they both wish for the dethroning of the shōgun, Soiken forms an alliance with Shosetsu and reveals a spell devised by him, the Makai Tensho, which can rise dead people as his puppets. They soon gather an undead army of legendary warriors and sorcerers, among them Amakusa Shirō Tokisada, Miyamoto Musashi and Araki Mataemon, and plan to use their supernatural skills to destroy the shogunate. However the crown of their army, Yagyū Jūbei Mitsuyoshi, breaks free from their control and becomes determined by his own reasons to stop their rebellion before it starts.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Outside of the same historical characters being used to create fiction I don't really see much of a resemblance tbh.

Doesn't really seem like something they'd be worried about imho.

edit: ok that novel description and the movie plot are kinda different, reading the latter I can see why people would think it's similar but I still don't think that'd be anything they'd be worried about.

edit 2: apparently Nasu was inspired by Makai Tensho for FSN so I guess they took inspiration from that for Shimousa

I'm putting this in spoiler tag since if people look for that movie they might actually get spoilered

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Doing an inventory update and I've just seen that the least amount of gold gems I have is 129 for the lancer class. It's a beautiful sight.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I lied previously, I have decided to farm bones instead of QP, 4 ap per run is going to kill me.

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
Um still 2 rider servants short for the master missions.. where's the lowest Ap cost to compete?

phatmac

Dec 18, 2017
Nah you don't need NP2 at all. She doesn't get her NP that often, but she gets it often enough so it's not redundant. At the end of the day she's a buster servant through and through. Slap hot sands or bazett's CE on her and you're good to go.

I have nothing to add to this (cause like I haven't played it lol) but I wanted to say this was a good analysis. Your points were thought out and well presented. We don't have too much in-depth analysis here so I feel credit should be given where it's due. If nothing else it made me more interested to play it.

But first, Agartha lol.
Thanks for the compliments. I just had to write about how good this chapter is. It just completely destroys Agartha and makes it look like a complete joke in comparison. Shimousa is great and Musashi is a real badass.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Shimousa cleared. Time for some thoughts.
Overall:
Shimousa was supposedly written by Sakurai, who was also responsible for Septem, London, and parts of Extella (and collaborated on Protoype Fragments, but I haven't read that). Out of those, I believe Shimousa was by far her best work. It had quite a few enjoyable moments and some memorable character interactions. But that's not to say it was without flaws, because it had a bunch of them. It was too wordy in a lot of places, even when things should have been urgent they didn't feel it ("Oh, hi, Chaldea! If we don't get to the sorcerer before he sacrifices the princess, both Shimousa and Chaldea will be destroyed, but sure, we have time to pause so you can tell us stuff we already know!"), and at times it felt insulting to both the player character and the companions. And then there was the main companion...

Musashi:
I do not like Musashi, Sam-I-Am. I do not like her concept (female version of a famous male from an alternate timeline who is female just because that will sell better and hasn't done any of the things the original version was famous for) or her execution. Therefore, it is only to be expected that a chapter based entirely around her would not be to my tastes. Still, I feel like it could have been pulled off if only she'd had some character growth during the course of the chapter. But despite growing in level and "attaining zero", it felt like the Musashi we started the chapter with was the same as the Musashi we had at the end of the chapter.

Musashi (original):
Although I enjoyed his segments more than our Musashi's, in the end, they were utterly pointless. Seeing Musashi (OG)'s thoughts didn't contribute to the story and ended up just being a waste of time and a cruel tease of a better version of Musashi.

Muramasa:
He was a nice character and I suppose I can understand why so many people want him so much, but the writers used Kotarou to say as clearly as they could in-universe that he's not going to be summonable.

Kotarou:
Why couldn't we have had any Rider enemies to fight after he got his power up? Kotarou was a good boy and I am now a little tempted to grail him to 90 and 10/10/10 his skills. Hey, speaking of Grails...

The Grail:
I know that in gameplay terms we got a grail because we cleared a singlurity, but where, in story terms, did it come from? Usually, when we get grails, there is a story explanation for it. Granted, maybe I shouldn't complain about it because I don't remember the explanation for the ones from Shinjuku and Agartha, but...

Guda:
Is it just me, or does FGO treat Guda like the Pokemon anime treats Ash? We don't age no matter how much time passes and even if references to our past triumphs are made, we reset at the beginning of every singularity and are given no respect. An old man staring angrily at us is enough to make us stop breathing? Bitch, please! We've taken on gods (including plancha-ing a goddess from at least several stories in the air), demon-god pillars (so much so that I think in a future event there's a line about Guda being the conceptual weakness of demon-god pillars), and two-and-a-half of the evils of humanity (including beating one of them to death with, depending on your interpretation, either Mash's shield or our bare hands). Enemies shouldn't treat the Master of Chaldea like a joke or minor complication - they should be shitting their pants in terror as soon as they find out they are around. I can excuse enemies from our world doing it (because Chaldea's staff deliberately downplayed Guda's role to keep the MA off their back), but enemies like the ones we met in Shimousa (who knew about Chaldea from outside our reality) should know better.

Power levels:
Ugh, every enemy was "several times more powerful" than the one that came before. That's just... again, ugh. What are we, Dragon Ball?
Well, time to clear free quests and farm several dozen magatama.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Why do they do forced story support and make it enemies that the support character is weak to or useless against? Or interludes where the character is weak against the enemies, so you won't bother using them? Who is the sadist that keeps doing that?

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Why do they do forced story support and make it enemies that the support character is weak to or useless against? Or interludes where the character is weak against the enemies, so you won't bother using them? Who is the sadist that keeps doing that?
The way I figure it is: DW is a bunch of idiots who lucked into a franchise with a fanbase fervent enough to overlook their obvious flaws.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Assassin of Paraiso was the worst fight so far purely because she kept NP sealing my support servants =-= It didn't help I wore the wrong outfit, but I still won on the first try either way.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Been doing some strengthening quests to clear out the weekly missions. Reminded me how much I love Jalter as a unit. Between events, bond point teams in story, and bone farming I haven't had much chance to use her. I used to use Knight's Pride for the extra crit damage but I think prefer Joint Recital for the extra NP damage so I might level it to 100 next success rate up. Would really love to NP2 her someday.
For interludes I can understand it because it is meant to be about that servant. But yeah when they make you use them against a class they're weak against it's just cruel.

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Inshun is such a dark horse I barely even knew the guy existed but the NPC support was p fun and I got 4 copies from my tickets so I max leveled and 7/7'd him and used him up and including the first archer inferno fight and he's super fun and does phat crits, I don't know why no one very talks about him, I can see him being godly with once skadi's out.

Shame his outfits all kinda suck tho.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I agree with everything about Inshun except for his outfits, XD His 3rd outfit is amazing. I can't wait to NP5 him (he's NP3) and eventually grail him because those crits are ungodly and I love him so much already.

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like most of his 3rd ascension, just not a fan of pointy hats, his FA tho... Phew boi, let me use that please. I did use two 10 rolls to try and get the last copy for NP5 a few days ago (well it was more of an excuse), I didn't get it, but I did get my 4th LZ0 (topical) and 2nd Musashi so it was a pretty good call. Hopefully I'l get my 5th in the 48 SQ I left on Gramps banner.

Poor lancer raiko though, he's taking all her airtime for me.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, shimosa is pretty fun to go through, even if some of the later duels matchups makes using bond points teams impossible.
Just a shame they decided to make the banners reuse 5* instead of making servants out of limbo and muramasa.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limbo is being saved for a Lost Belt banner
Since he's a main vilain in that, i would not be suprised that he's in its final banners, similar to an kirei servant.
As for muramasa, i honestly have no clue if they even want to, since most of the banners where he would have made sense already passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.