• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I like most of his 3rd ascension, just not a fan of pointy hats, his FA tho... Phew boi, let me use that please. I did use two 10 rolls to try and get the last copy for NP5 a few days ago (well it was more of an excuse), I didn't get it, but I did get my 4th LZ0 (topical) and 2nd Musashi so it was a pretty good call. Hopefully I'l get my 5th in the 48 SQ I left on Gramps banner.

Poor lancer raiko though, he's taking all her airtime for me.

Which his hilarious to me because his hat is my favorite part. I've been keeping Suzuka in her 2nd ascension because I love her hat. XD

There is something so nostalgically sweet about hearing "plain ol" FGO cutscene music in an anime like this lol

I heard that they use the FGO music and that honestly excites me for when I actually watch it (I like to bingewatch so I'm waiting).

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Inshun is such a dark horse I barely even knew the guy existed but the NPC support was p fun and I got 4 copies from my tickets so I max leveled and 7/7'd him and used him up and including the first archer inferno fight and he's super fun and does phat crits, I don't know why no one very talks about him, I can see him being godly with once skadi's out.

Shame his outfits all kinda suck tho.

I feel like I've heard him as the Cu killer for a long time now.

Nephitamine

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Shimousa. It's definitely my favorite EOR chapter behind the big 3 of part 1. Some of the swordmasters could've used more development and the pacing was off at times, but I enjoyed most of the new characters along with making me appreciate more of existing characters.
Production values seem to have picked up a lot with this chapter over the previous EoR chapters, so I hope it keeps improving.

I want to go find a samurai movie to watch now.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Nah you don't need NP2 at all. She doesn't get her NP that often, but she gets it often enough so it's not redundant. At the end of the day she's a buster servant through and through. Slap hot sands or bazett's CE on her and you're good to go.

So you're saying I should have tried for Memelin after all? It took almost 1000 SQ just for Latoria on that banner, and I just couldn't live without her.

I'll have to setup an appointment with the Flower mage in the future. Maybe when his costume is out or something I dunno.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Shimousa is basically the Tournament of Power arc of FGO.
That's not a good thing lol.
So you're saying I should have tried for Memelin after all? It took almost 1000 SQ just for Latoria on that banner, and I just couldn't live without her.

I'll have to setup an appointment with the Flower mage in the future. Maybe when his costume is out or something I dunno.
Only if you want to use double Merlin in story missions, otherwise a friend one is fine. You can't use dupes in CQs now so the only advantage to having your own is flexibility. I live off friend Merlin's with 2030 (I only have one 2030 so I would need to use a friend one regardless).

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I'll say that so far forced support Musashi hasn't been much of an issue. She took care of Inshun for me and in the other fights she's either just chilling or shows up near the end to help. I'm glad this came after Nerofest as I'm finally making use of the 3-stars I raised back then and I even beat Archer of Inferno with my recently acquired Inshun. I'm limiting myself to knights-only for the bonuses (for duels I do bring Merlin, but the DPSes are still knights) so unfortunately I haven't been able to use Kojirou as I initially wanted to. Assassin of Paraiso was a little tough since I couldn't rely on class advantage too much, but Lancelot and Merlin were absolute units. Raikou and Shuten were the hardest fight for sure, that damn charm spam fucked me up. At any case I wish you could give Musashi a CE to make her actually viable. At least max her out at 90, locking her at 70-80 with only 2 skills is dumb.

While I'm enjoying the singularity it's also weird how the dialogue sometimes repeats itself like the characters just had short term memory loss. And I'm not talking about the purposeful repetition employed at certain passages for rhythmic and theming/framing literary purposes, but rather simple things like "I just fixed your ankle, teehee" "oh, you fixed my ankle", then they talk about something else and eventually circle back to "oh, you patched me up?" "that's right, I patched you up!". You'd expect these things to be cut on the editing floor.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Yeah I found the repeated parts in that particular conversation really weird too.

I just beat Rider of Kalasutra Hell and the worst threat in the fight honestly was the horrible lag due to the rain effect. XD Enemy NPs were a nightmare.

Either way that was probably the easiest fight for me so far but mostly because I used my 100 Carmilla.

Fight ranking so far from easiest to hardest: Kalasutra, Purgatorio, Paradiso (Wins the cake for most annoying LOL), Inferno (This one was hardest only because I won by the skin of my teeth thanks to Cu.)

My strat for this fight and Paradiso was to have two supports with Musashi and my Back up DPS ready to go if someone dies (In that fight's case Kintoki). For this one, I employed the same but I kept Carmilla up front and had my second support ready to go if Musashi or Merlin got killed since Merlin was at the risk of getting nuked by the enemy.

In the end Wife cleaned up shop easily and Kintoki just helped finishing the job. It helps that Shuten didn't stun the party nearly as much as Paradiso did and she didn't have fucking NP seals.

Also while the boss fights post have Inferno have been pure Calvary teams, I've been able to keep up with using knights for every other fight. The only non-knight I have been bringing is whatever support caster has lunchtime which works out because then I get a support without losing out on bond points.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Paraiso was also the first fight where I didn't even try to defeat the enemy with a full knight team.
After reading Lynx_7 post I just went with Merlin as well. Raikou Lancer and Musashi were the DPS. Had David in the backline who I up to this point had never used so far.

Last edited:

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
bones farming is going surprisingly well, managed to get to 29 bones to max tamamo first skill, now another 29 for her second.

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
Just finished Shimosa over lunch. This is the most I enjoyed playing since finishing Babylonia! CCC was OK, Shinjuku as well and Agartha was agartha I guess.. but this was clearly the best of these, In my opinion.

I managed Knight-only teams all the way through the Oni duo, but the difficulty kind of spiked with Shuten and Raikou and I broke out my Merlin.

Limbo was really easy with the proper team: Kintoki 1st turn NP deleted the first bar, 2 turns of critting took care of the second bar.

Empireo was a hard tough even using proper support. Tomoe handled the 1st bar and Gil took care of the second, but once my Merlin was critted down it was a damage race... the problem is that all the attack downs were a pain in the ass. Last turn I have Muneori with only 6k HP and a Musashi brave-chain lined up. It hit for only 5k! But I still lived another turn to finish him off.

I didn't even bother considering a knight team for Amakusa: BB has so little opportunities to really shine that I take her out whenever o can. BB, Tama & Support Waver completely dominated the boss. He never got close to his NP, while BB was
Spamming crits and NPs. Finished the fight nearly with full health and with full NP bars ready for another turn if necessary.

Really fun chapter overall, I wonder how Salem is going to be.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Almost done with Shimosa, only the Avenger is left.
I now have to decide whether to finally lvl up BB to use her, or to field a Berserker and finding a temp comp that can make sure he survives.

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
I now have to decide whether to finally lvl up BB to use her, or to field a Berserker and finding a temp comp that can make sure he survives.

I put my BB on support once I saw the boss was an avenger, if you don't want level your right now.. not fully leveled but pretty close (lv 80, 8 8 10). QP hell is real. I have her with MLB Another Ending. Just feed her stars and have supports that can drain, stun, stall the boss NP.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
That's not a good thing lol.
I guess I can see that comparison if we approach it from the perspective of "protagonist seeks to become stronger by challenging opponents more powerful than themselves and reach ultra instinct/the void", but if anything it feels more like a Rurouni Kenshin arc, even down to the confusing feudal Japan terminology and historical infodumps. It's Rurouni Kenshin meets Devilman.
The correct answer is always BB.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
The correct answer is always BB.
tumblr_ppnx4l9SCC1y8uhm1o1_400.gifv

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Lol glad I decided to put BB in my extra slot recently because I wanted to show of her new and shiny 10/10/10 skills (got the mats I needed thanks to Halloween rerun x3) Usually I have Lips up because she's more useful for general fighting. Speaking of which I need to use her more on my calvary teams.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Not having my own BB got me stuck at the final few rounds in Shimousa when i got there two years ago on Jp, but having two in one fight made that battle a good time in comparison.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Yeah BB has been really handy for any avenger fight they throw at us especially since she runs well with arts memes.

Anyways I really need to finish Shimousa today. The caster of Limbo fight gave me three Magatama and I'm now one away from max ascending Tomoe so I need that last one ASAP. *w*

edit: literally the next fight some samurai droped two so I did it ;w; I got what I needed.

Last edited:

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
aRntD9a.jpg

Well, that was great. Would be interesting having a Muramasa servant with a similar NP gimmick to Arash.
It was also funny having the story try to say that this parallel world made summoning him impossible while also making Musashi summonable and having at least Bedivere that also came from a singularity that does not really exist anymore in the spacetime.
All in all, i quite liked Shimosa story. Even with my bias for certain servants, the story was interesting throughout and i did not feel like they were whole sections that were just there for padding like previous singularities.
Also gave me my last grail needed to do this AND it also followed a story fight that made the timing funnier to me :

Last edited:

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I think it's really hilarious my Shimousa Grail is going to Nobunaga actually as while she wasn't involved it just feels appropriate that she's the one getting it. Kind of like how Robin got the Camelot grails as thanks for taking out Gawain.

aRntD9a.jpg

Well, that was great. Would be interesting having a Muramasa servant with a similar NP gimmick to Arash.
It was also funny having the story try to say that this parallel world made summoning him impossible while also making Musashi summonable and having at least Bedivere that also came from a singularity that does not really exist anymore in the spacetime.
All in all, i quite liked Shimosa story. Even with than my bias for certain servants, the story was interesting throughout and i did not feel like they were whole sections that were just there for padding like previous singularities.
Also gave me my last grail needed to do this AND it also followed a story fight that made the timing funnier to me :

LOL that is amazing timing on your part.

Don't need to be familiar with Fate to play this right?

You don't at all. FGO was actually my first experience with Fate as well. It made getting some of the more well known characters hilarious because I didn't know who they were.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't need to be familiar with Fate to play this right?
It's not needed no. It would explain details about the game universe, inner workings, and design decisions, but nothing that makes the game impossible to understand otherwise.
LOL that is amazing timing on your part.
Thanks. It was not for a long time any plan of mine to finish grailing him after the duel fight. I was simply grailing him and Angra at the same time before and i noticed at the start of EOR that the timing could fit with Shimosa if i went with only him for the last 3 grails so i rerouted the ressources.

Last edited:

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Just did the Saber of Emperieo fight and holy fuck was that fight bonkers and honestly kind of hilarious.

I had a massive suspicion that Saber was Yagyu (or Male Musashi but whatever) so I brought mainly my male saber killing team I used on Gawain, however because I had just max leveled Tomoe I wanted to use her as well. My party was Musashi, Tomoe, Merlin, Robin, Euryale, and Mash so basically a buster front line, and arts back line like I did for the Gawain fight in Camelot.

Musashi got taken out pretty fast which allowed birb to come out and really shine as he did most of the NP damage to Yagyu in the end. However, my biggest mistake was bringing along Merlin which became really apparent once Yagyu removed all of the freshly laid Merlin Buffs in one fucking turn LOL. But all that did was make sure to only use buffs the turn I needed them and consider any turn where he didn't remove the buff a win.

However, I was completely confused when Euryale broke his second break bar and he put a permanent NP gain on us. I was so confused why he actually buffed us. Either way though it worked out because Birb got him in killing range and then I had Best Snek finish him off.

I really need to keep to my promise of Grailing Euryale one day because she is honestly amazing.

My final list on the Swordmaster fights easiest to hardest: Kalasutra, Limbo, Emperieo (Most fun), Purgatorio, Paradiso (most annoying), Inferno (most stressful)

Thanks. It was not for a long time any plan of mine to finish grailing him after the duel fight. I was simply grailing him and Angra at the same time before and i noticed at the start of EOR that the timing could fit with Shimosa if i went with only him for the last 3 grails so i rerouted the ressources.

Very nice, and it's always fun when you can time it out like that. Plus Sasaki is my drinking bud so I appreciate anyone that grails him. XD

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just did the Saber of Emperieo fight and holy fuck was that fight bonkers and honestly kind of hilarious.

I had a massive suspicion that Saber was Yagyu (or Male Musashi but whatever) so I brought mainly my male saber killing team I used on Gawain, however because I had just max leveled Tomoe I wanted to use her as well. My party was Musashi, Tomoe, Merlin, Robin, Euryale, and Mash so basically a buster front line, and arts back line like I did for the Gawain fight in Camelot.

Musashi got taken out pretty fast which allowed birb to come out and really shine as he did most of the NP damage to Yagyu in the end. However, my biggest mistake was bringing along Merlin which became really apparent once Yagyu removed all of the freshly laid Merlin Buffs in one fucking turn LOL. But all that did was make sure to only use buffs the turn I needed them and consider any turn where he didn't remove the buff a win.

However, I was completely confused when Euryale broke his second break bar and he put a permanent NP gain on us. I was so confused why he actually buffed us. Either way though it worked out because Birb got him in killing range and then I had Best Snek finish him off.

I really need to keep to my promise of Grailing Euryale one day because she is honestly amazing.

My final list on the Swordmaster fights easiest to hardest: Kalasutra, Limbo, Emperieo (Most fun), Purgatorio, Paradiso (most annoying), Inferno (most stressful)

Very nice, and it's always fun when you can time it out like that. Plus Sasaki is my drinking bud so I appreciate anyone that grails him. XD
For the last bar, the np gain is due to him buffing his defense to be 100% impervious to any regular attacks outside of NPs.
Without that np gain buff this part would simply be torture if you did not already have nps prepared.
When i did it, one of the servants in the frontline died and was replaced by Emiya. Managed to do a arts chain with him only, and without the np gain buff the others had, he managed to gain 23% total, including the 20% given by the arts chain itself.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
For the last bar, the np gain is due to him buffing his defense to be 100% impervious to any regular attacks outside of NPs.
Without that np gain buff this part would simply be torture if you did not already have nps prepared.
When i did it, one of the servants in the frontline died and was replaced by Emiya. Managed to do a arts chain with him only, and without the np gain buff the others had, he managed to gain 23% total, including the 20% given by the arts chain itself.
Oh okay that makes some sense. There was a pretty hilarious part of the fight when Emprieo evaded and i used Robin's sure hit only for him to do 0 damage. xD

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
aRntD9a.jpg

All in all, i quite liked Shimosa story. Even with than my bias for certain servants, the story was interesting throughout and i did not feel like they were whole sections that were just there for padding like previous singularities.

Great timing indeed, congrats on getting him all the way to 100!!!

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Well there you go, I just finished Shimousa and now my lovely Nobu is 90. c: Now all I have to do is clear the free quests and I will have gotten all the quartz from the story.

I'm going to miss the BP buff though ;-; Quite a few servants got a bond level (and more quartz!) and I will def miss it. Too bad they didn't let calvary get the BP buff in the next one, but I guess they were worried about people zerker + Castering the whole thing. XD

In any case I really loved Shimousa. It was a really fun story with some of the best music in the entire game and characters I really ended up liking. It was also fun having to figure out teams while having to include Musashi and the announcer was awesome. This is 100% the best EOR though, and honestly one of the best story chapters we've had.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing is that the narrative on Reddit is that shimosa so far has been a disappointment due to the hype lol.

I enjoyed it myself, but it's basically like a Shaw brothers Kung Fu movie narratively.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Yeah I'm currently reading some of the hate threads I bookmarked because I love the drama llamas and it's both blaphemous and amusing that some people think Agartha was the better story.

Shimousa definitely has it's problems but it doesn't make my blood boil like Agartha does.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly not sure what people found to be bad in this singularity.
Simple hype backlash, or do they go more in-depth about their reasons?

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Most people don't like the super Japanese history focus since most non-Japanese don't know much about Japanese history. Others were also confused about the chapter's endings.

Finally are the people who hated Musashi and the focus on her comparing this story to Septem.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, the story's not bad just bland and yeah not being into Japanese history probably sucks the fun out of some of it. My problem is Musashi so far. I don't hate her, but she is by far the least interesting person to be stuck with.

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, surprisingly I found Musashi to be the weakest part of the singularity and she's the main companion in it, despite having so much dialogue most of it was just hyping up the enemies

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
There are plenty of valid reasons someone might dislike Shimosa and the same applies to pretty much all singularities, really. Even within here there isn't a single consensus on most EoR chapters (CCC being a notable case of divergences), with perhaps the exception of Shinjuku being largely accepted as a "net positive". If one dislikes the setting, characters and/or conventions on which Shimosa's narrative is built upon (or straight up lifts from other sources according to some accounts) then obviously there won't be much there to enjoy.

With that said, I do find the comparisons between Septem Nero and Shimosa Musashi to be disingenuous. There is a difference in tone, purpose and sheer quantity between both. Septem's wank was very one-sided and detrimental to some of its characters (hey Boudica), whereas Shimosa takes the wrestling approach of consecutively hyping everyone up as The Greatest Challenger yet to the underdog John CenaMusashi. It's less Musashi wank and more like a general JP heroic spirits wank to set up hype for the duels between these larger-than-life figures. Even Kotarou gets plenty of spotlight! Also, historical context and such. Nero was a controversial tyrant, while Musashi is largely known as badass philosopher artist strategist samurai so the praise feels uh, more justified? Even if she's not really our Musashi, which is the biggest shame here. Granted I've seen some complaints about the Swordmasters' "wanking" too and how Ritsuka shouldn't be paralyzed by a person's gaze since he has experience with Goetia and yada yada, but I'd like to draw another Rurouni Kenshin parallel where one of its villains uses a technique in which he paralyzes people with a single gaze, so it's likely more of an active technique that Munenori is directly employing on Ritsuka rather than him being overwhelmed by a passive aura, and he shouldn't be immune to those, specially not without Mash's direct protection. If I'm not mistaken it also has some basis in real life samurai stuff, though obviously exaggerated for effect.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Also seriously, it's such a Kung Fu movie thing too.

I feel like there should be enough anime and martial art movies where people can Orient their killing intent that it shouldn't be that weird to the audience of fgo lol.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the Shimousa free quests. Now it's time for me to farm magatama until Halloween. And then after Halloween, farm magatama until the Xmas rerun. And after that, farm magatama until Salem. And after that, farm stakes until the new Xmas event.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For this to be jps 4th favorite singularity, it must be a case of jp vastly overrating something because it's Japanese centric tho. Well either that or Salem and the lost belts must be pretty mediocre.

That or I'm really missing something,.

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
For this to be jps 4th favorite singularity, it must be a case of jp vastly overrating something because it's Japanese centric tho. Well either that or Salem and the lost belts must be pretty mediocre.

I can already tell you that I prefer Lostbelt 1, but I also wonder if this is a case of values dissonance when it comes to different cultures. People keep talking about Musashi wank but I dunno, she follows a pretty standard arc as most protagonists from kung fu films that I watched in the past lol.

Like tonally it's a lot of this kinda stuff.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely think it could benefit the most from being animated. A lot of these kind of stories rely of the storytelling during the fight on how much they grew and adapted during the fight, and they kinda try to do that by forcing you to frontline underleveled musashi for the boss fights, but that kindaaaaaaa doesn't work when she's pretty much useless and you either just let her die or plugsuit her out.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Musashi isn't really one of my problems with it so far, but I like her in general so my bias may be affecting that.

I'll wait till I finish before really going in on it, I'm only just past the jotaro duel, but I'm not really impressed so far. Though it's not straight up bad either, so it can't be lower than the 4th best singularity so far by default.

Last edited:

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Lost to
Shuten and Raikou. That NP down spam seriously screwed me up and I couldn't delete Shuten with my Jack.
That's what I get for underestimating the previous snake fight where I lost all my seals. Always comes back to bite my ass. Will be fun going into the next fights without any seals.

Nothing gets me out of a story heavy game more than losing/dying which was also a problem in the Uncharted games.
Screw knight bonus points. Going with the best teams from now on.

EDIT:

Replaced Scathach Assassin with Raikou. Crit damage was exactly what I needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.