• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
Congratz on the pulls! Seems like a lot of Raikous found new homes around here!

I'm on saving mode now, after hitting all my targets for the year. I might throw some quartz on the next Gil banner (thanksgiving? New Years?), because Goldie definitely deserves NP2 as he was my first SSR and is os so clutch. Other then him, I'm already looking forward for next year.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Really want to do a 10 pull for Yagyu but gramps is just next month and I already have Lancelot. There's also Eresh and Hokusai shortly after. Being f2p is suffering. Congratulations to everyone who got good pulls.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
We're angry together. :D
4997.jpg

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I did some math and I'm going to have 6 10 spins for copy of my wife and that's before I do a quartz pack so yay!

However, I'm not fighting temptation to do one teensy little 10 spin on the current banner since I want Danzo some day and i wouldn't mind any of the others. .-.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
It's tempting when you look upon the rolls of others and see all this good luck. But the two SQ packs I bought tonight are for Halloween CE's and (hopefully) a Carmilla copy.

... but well, I did spend a little on the old banner and NP2'd Musashi. NP4 Nito showed up too. Not the SR I was looking for but ok. NP2 Shuten will have to wait until Setsubun for me. And my Mama's been NP2 since Onigashima when she came twice in one pull. That's good enough for me.

gaiadyne

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's tempting when you look upon the rolls of others and see all this good luck. But the two SQ packs I bought tonight are for Halloween CE's and (hopefully) a Carmilla copy.

... but well, I did spend a little on the old banner and NP2'd Musashi. NP4 Nito showed up too. Not the SR I was looking for but ok. NP2 Shuten will have to wait until Setsubun for me. And my Mama's been NP2 since Onigashima when she came twice in one pull. That's good enough for me.
If it keeps you from rolling I can report I got a double Gilles Saber and a Iron Will Training pull in my ten summon and nothing else worth mentioning.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I have not put any money into NA since summer and I have insanely good luck in that period lol.

Makes up for how much I've dumped into Ishtar's banner on JP.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I might be inactive for 3-4 days, IGN: Setsuna (also the person with the "RAITA is my god" message)

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I did do one roll and it was shit (which is okay, because it just means I'm filling up my luck reserves for future better rolls), but now that I have done it I'm content waiting for halloween which got announced so yay X3

In other news I got enough Hero Proofs to finish off Gil's last skill so now my first ever SSR has max skills 8D

Now I feel better about using him as my avatar. XD

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Got my 500 day bonus, so I was rolling while watching touhousniper degen roll.

Got np2 shuten.

Still really want munenori though.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Congrats to those who got their first Raikou. A very useful Servant to have.

3rd episode was good.
Another episode with sakuga action. Is there any other anime series this season with so much sakuga? Impressive.
Those Ishtar kicks...another reason not to waste any more SQ on the Musashi banner...
Ushi's introduction was different in the game IIRC. Not like it was bad or something...

Got my 500 day bonus, so I was rolling while watching touhousniper degen roll.

Same, 3 days ago...
Got np2 shuten.

Still really want munenori though.

Wouldn't have quoted you if I had known that I would uncover a spoiler, lol. Was already wondering why there was all that blank space. Got me good there, considering that I usually ignore roll spoiler spaces.

Really want to do a 10 pull for Yagyu but gramps is just next month and I already have Lancelot. There's also Eresh and Hokusai shortly after. Being f2p is suffering. Congratulations to everyone who got good pulls.
I'd be interested in another copy of Raikou, but Munenori seems completely useless to me having Saberlot myself.
If you're F2P, then you haven't experienced true suffering yet. :D

Last edited:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
It... it gets worse than this?! If anything, the drip of new welfare servants has been kinda garbage since last xmas other than Ishtar and there are more coming in the next 6 months, I thought?
I do believe that Yappa means that no level of F2P suffering compares to putting large amounts of money into the game and still not getting what you want.

As to the flow of welfares over the next six months, it will be your choice of Mecha Eli Mk. I or Mk. II, Janta again, Santa Altera, Shiki again, Saber Lily again, and then Sieg.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting them to blaze through the slice of life but still disappointed that they did so. Slower moments are important to get you to care for the supporting cast and the Uruk citizens. It's fine for those who already played the game but I wonder if anime onlies will still feel the impact of some future scenes at the pace they're going. Wish they'd gone for a full 24 episodes rather than 21. Regardless, still my favorite episode of the bunch. Pretty impressive how they've managed to keep up the sasuga action sequences for 3 episodes in a roll, people weren't lying about the production being stacked. Though it feels weird to see Gilgamesh actually moving around in battle lol

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I never thought I'd say this but I enjoy mat farming a lot during dead weeks. I find it a lot more fun than doing the daily missions which admittedly are quicker and more mindless, but I have fun making teams around my servants closest to bond levels and having them farm mats, not to mention I get excited when i get to level a servant's skills or at the very least bold that mat in their skill mat chart meaning they are claiming to use later.

I think part of it is because I farm based on which mat I'm closest to having enough for a skill level (thanks to my excel sheet sorting based on what's lowest) so i get results faster for servant skill levels even if it'll be years before I get to actually level those skills (i'm sorry every servant with bones or feathers as their 5 skill level mat.). Not to mention I get to mix up my teams a lot more faster as I usually get to move on to a new mat faster this way.

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
Yeah I got kind of fed up with running dailies... killing doors 7x per day on dead weeks was starting to get to me (even though I really need the QP). So I switched to mats farming yesterday. It's a nice change of pace and fun to do something else even if it feels extremely AP inefficient. I guess fun trumps efficiency for me right now. It is a game after all.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I never thought I'd say this but I enjoy mat farming a lot during dead weeks. I find it a lot more fun than doing the daily missions which admittedly are quicker and more mindless, but I have fun making teams around my servants closest to bond levels and having them farm mats, not to mention I get excited when i get to level a servant's skills or at the very least bold that mat in their skill mat chart meaning they are claiming to use later.

I think part of it is because I farm based on which mat I'm closest to having enough for a skill level (thanks to my excel sheet sorting based on what's lowest) so i get results faster for servant skill levels even if it'll be years before I get to actually level those skills (i'm sorry every servant with bones or feathers as their 5 skill level mat.). Not to mention I get to mix up my teams a lot more faster as I usually get to move on to a new mat faster this way.
I'm right there with you. After the last event I was just farming doors for the sake of using my ap, but when I have 600 million qp it just felt pointless. Even though it's more time consuming to farm bones it's felt a lot more rewarding due to the amount I need, as well as the bond levels as you said. I actually want to log in and use my ap when I can.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of farming,is the 40 Ap node on dailies the best to farm for exp? It's so expensive.

phatmac

Dec 18, 2017
Well, Shimousa done. Apologies for the wall of text, I edited it down but it still came out longer than expected.

I was excited for this one since I love samurai stories and the cast of characters that Shimousa brings, and for the most part I left satisfied. The repetitiveness of some scenes aside, I actually appreciate how text-heavy Shimousa was compared to previous singularities and how we got to see POVs and internal thoughts for characters other than Ritsuka and Mash. FGO's presentation is still simplistic even with the improvements shown over time so I actually want more detailed narration from story chapters. It helped with developing the antagonists, some admittedly better than others, and it set up the stage for the duels which were all very stylish. Saber of Empireo in particular was a really cool fight with great build-up and conclusion, but my favorite was hands down the very last duel. That OST alongside the whole presentation just got me hyped as fuck. The music in Shimousa was great and I recommend everyone to play with the volume on. Just a shame that Kojirou didn't get to do much until the very end, but he went out like an absolute REGEND nonetheless. Those last few battle nodes in general were just a series of hype moments, I loved it haha

Between all the carnage and high octane battles however, my low-key favorite scene was this little conversation between Muramasa and the player:
unknown.png

The man, the myth, the legend.

FGO doesn't do a particularly good job at conveying what was lost in the incineration of humanity and elaborating on our motivations. Sure, it's the right thing to do, but you never really put much thought into it because no one in the story has personally lost anything. Fujimaru is a non-character, Mash has never left Chaldea and the rest of the cast are just doing their jobs, so you're left with this shonen mentality of fighting because hell yeah we gotta save humanity, friendships, the memories we made along the way and so on, but the present world doesn't really matter as it is never properly built or referenced. Even now when they have the opportunity to expand on worldbuilding they haven't explored those facets aside from briefly mentioning the state of the world at the start of Shinjuku. So when Muramasa notes that we grew up in privilege, not in a derisive manner but with gratitude that all the suffering he and his people went through eventually led to a country in which kids from average families weren't hardened by the same misery, famine and pain they had to go through, it actually hit me in a way I didn't expect. It contextualizes what you're fighting for better than the game had accomplished thus far and actually meant something to me as well. Call me sappy but it got me to reflect and left me a bit emotional lol. I wish FGO did stuff like this more often, to use its settings to explore larger and smaller questions about the human condition. What our past says about our present, and consequently what our present says about our future. Agartha kind of tried to say something about government, power and a ruler's responsibilities but it lacked the tact and depth to pull it off meaningfully. In short: I REFUSE TO LIVE IN A REALITY IN WHICH THIS MAN ISN'T SUMMONABLE. To bring it full circle, he goes out in a blaze of glory so that Onui and Tasuke get to live in those peaceful times. Godspeed, teenage grandpa, you absolute lad. I did feel sad for the kids being left alone in the end though.

Shout-outs to Fuuma and Danzou too. I had no idea they were even part of Shimousa so the amount of good scenes and development they got legitimately caught me by surprise. Which makes the complaints about Musashi's focus even weirder as Kotarou was just as much of a protagonist as her. I went from not caring to doing a complete 180 on the boy. Respect.

Musashi's journey was ultimately satisfying too and didn't get in the way of other characters' growths. Her last scenes during and after the duel were great. I'm in the camp that likes her even if I wish we could get the real Musashi someday too. Speaking of which, I enjoyed the scenes with actual Musashi. I've seen arguments that he was little more than a red herring or even pointless, but I think he works well thematically as a parallel to Musashi's development rather than being strictly plot relevant. Getting to read his last moments and thoughts on various subjects was interesting by itself, specially since we'll likely never get another opportunity to take a look at his character again.

Overall, I really liked Shimousa. It has a bit more substance than some are giving it credit for, and even at a superficial level the martial artist hero's journey with touches of SMT/Devilman-esque horror is pretty entertaining. It's not quite Camelot-Babylonia-Solomon level but it's my favorite EOR so far and makes me more confident about the Lost Belts. Specially after that ominous bit of foreshadowing near the end.

TL;DR: just read the Muramasa paragraph pls thanks lol
Good review of the chapter! I agree that Muramasa's speech was my favorite part of the route as it is introspective of our battle for humanity and Muramasa's wish to make a better future for his kids. He was the best part of Shimousa.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was expecting them to blaze through the slice of life but still disappointed that they did so. Slower moments are important to get you to care for the supporting cast and the Uruk citizens. It's fine for those who already played the game but I wonder if anime onlies will still feel the impact of some future scenes at the pace they're going. Wish they'd gone for a full 24 episodes rather than 21. Regardless, still my favorite episode of the bunch. Pretty impressive how they've managed to keep up the sasuga action sequences for 3 episodes in a roll, people weren't lying about the production being stacked. Though it feels weird to see Gilgamesh actually moving around in battle lol

This ain't for anime-onlies, and no amount of slice of life is going to make them care for the characters that we spent 2 years and 7 singularities with.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I'm right there with you. After the last event I was just farming doors for the sake of using my ap, but when I have 600 million qp it just felt pointless. Even though it's more time consuming to farm bones it's felt a lot more rewarding due to the amount I need, as well as the bond levels as you said. I actually want to log in and use my ap when I can.

Yeeeppp, I'm honestly dreading the moment I run out of Nerofest exp, because it'll mean I'll have to farm exp anytime I get a new servant. At the very least I still have a fuck ton of gems so I won't have to do that shit for a while.

Farming bond levels while farming mats is also the best thing because it means that even if the drop rates are shit, you are still doing SOMETHING useful. I'm currently farming homunculus Babies and while I haven't gotten a single fucking drop, at least my servants close to a bond level are gaining BP thanks to my bond CEs. Plus I get to try new strategies based around whichever servant is closet to bond level for the class I need.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
This ain't for anime-onlies, and no amount of slice of life is going to make them care for the characters that we spent 2 years and 7 singularities with.

Yep this. I try to talk Babylonia with some friends but they can't even wrap their mind around the basic stuff like how Kur actually exists under the ground at this point in (nasuverse) time. Trying to explain the "age of gods" is... well yeah, none of this is beginner friendly at all lol.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
We didn't spend 2 years with the Uruk citizens but the story still made me care for them. Characterization doesn't rely solely on exposure. Anime viewers don't need to care as much nor is that even a realistic target, but they should still get attached to the characters somewhat and I don't think using the game as a crutch is a good enough excuse when examining the anime on its own merits. Like, I'm not even asking for anything outside of the Babylonia singularity or for the show to be "beginner friendly" at all, just to not rush over moments that are already present in the material being adapted in the first place. Cutting out scenes that will heighten future emotional beats but keeping fights that don't contribute much of anything to the plot or characters is counterintuitive to good storytelling.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
People like Mash more because they haven't been exposed to 2 years of her prior less stellar characterization

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
Yeeeppp, I'm honestly dreading the moment I run out of Nerofest exp, because it'll mean I'll have to farm exp anytime I get a new servant. At the very least I still have a fuck ton of gems so I won't have to do that shit for a while.
There's another Lotto coming up for the Christmas event, so look forward to that.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just farming Void's Dust right now and the drop rate feels kind of low for a bronze material so it has been a slow process.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Best part about farming babies is I also get bones periodically. Only 43 more and I finish a skill :_)

There's another Lotto coming up for the Christmas event, so look forward to that.
Yep i'm very much aware. Last years Lotto is how I maxed all my servants and got everyone's skills to 4. It was the first lotto I actually farm hard (78 boxes).

Def looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.