• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Since most of us will likely be doing some pulls later this week, do you guys skip the animation or not? I usually let it play out, but since we have a raid event going on at the same time I'll probably opt to skip them this time just to speed the process along.

Kind of off-topic, but the nerves are starting to set in regarding Merlin. I just went through around 150 pulls trying for Christmas Cloe in another game I play (Dragalia Lost) and failed miserably. Granted I have more than 150 pulls saved for Merlin, but then the rates are better in DL then FGO. :/

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Since most of us will likely be doing some pulls later this week, do you guys skip the animation or not? I usually let it play out, but since we have a raid event going on at the same time I'll probably opt to skip them this time just to speed the process along.

Kind of off-topic, but the nerves are starting to set in regarding Merlin. I just went through around 150 pulls trying for Christmas Cloe in another game I play (Dragalia Lost) and failed miserably. Granted I have more than 150 pulls saved for Merlin, but then the rates are better in DL then FGO. :/
Tap once to only see important pulls

Oct 25, 2017

I go in with the mindset of watching it fully and then just skip through it all because I have no patience.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Following on from Chrono's post:

Pretty much everyone here will be pulling for Merlin, so I'm curious, how much quartz and tickets do you guys have saved? And how much of it are you willing to spend (if not all of it)?

I'm not doing a single pull on this banner, but if I was I would be limiting it to 200 total pulls. That's my standard rule for 5* servants.

I always watch the full animation. The only time I skip is when I'm really agitated and I get the single line instead of three meaning it's a CE (unless I'm aiming for the CE ofc). When I watch pull videos it annoys me when they skip. It ruins the suspense imo.

Last edited:

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Meteor Hoshizora. Wrote a bunch of old Liarsoft eroge, Fire Girl, co-wrote Zvezda Plot, the "Witch Named April" short story a few years ago for a Type Moon April Fools thing, and almost certainly wrote the Salem Singularity for EoR. His stuff tends to be pretty weird, but good.

captainpat

Nov 15, 2017
No wonder everyone was saying burn all your apples for Christmas event. Most people have probably regained most of them though the login bonuses already. I'm currently sitting on 71 apples, I might spend some now to farm mats.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
Just got to the
SKY HIGH RIDER-BUSTER JUSTICE BOMB

The Babylonia anime is gonna be amazing.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017

Pretty much everyone here will be pulling for Merlin, so I'm curious, how much quartz and tickets do you guys have saved? And how much of it are you willing to spend (if not all of it)?

I'm not doing a single pull on this banner, but if I was I would be limiting it to 200 total pulls. That's my standard rule for 5* servants.

I have 22 SQ right now, aiming to grind out the 23 I have left from the singularities, then there's the 30 we're getting. Might top up to get an even 3 ten rolls.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I skip the animations.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017

Think of it as using up all your gatcha bad luck. If you had gotten Cleo in a single 10 pull, you'll probably worry about using up all your Merlin luck on the Cleo banner, so you'll still be worrying =D. I've kind of gotten numb to gatcha bad luck, so I'm expecting nothing from any banner, so I'll always be pleasantly surprised. Helps that its not my money thats going into the banner too.

I let the animation play out at the start since I don't roll often. I only skip after a long string of bad luck hoping for a change.

Planning to use tickets only, though I do have 39 of them. Merlin's cool and powerful, but I don't even have space for him on my support list with Tamamo and Waver taking up slots.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

I watch them play out usually. However if I've been pulling a lot I'll get frustrated and tap once to see only the gold cards show up.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada

About ~180SQ and ~35 summon cards.

Should be enough for NP1.

Thankfully support servants don't really "need" NP2, so I'll stop pulling after the first copy.

Striferser

Oct 28, 2017

I'm not gonna skip. Gotta enjoy the moment and i want to see gold or rainbow stuff

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I let animations play only when I have absolutely nothing better to do.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Tapping once for gold only is fun because you have no idea how far into the sequence you are which makes consecutive gold pulls past one or two exciting.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I always skip.

I only have the Quartz I got from the Babylon Quests/free quests so that. Though I need to top up once for the GSSR so I'll save 30 and probably give merlin the rest of those.

It was initially going to go to musashi, but merlin was such a likable dick in Babylon she'll have to wait for the tomoe join banner, unless I'm exceptionally lucky, I kind of want that New years saber CE.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I should have around 780 quartz and 8 tickets to use come Wednesday. I also have $100 of iTunes bucks saved up.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018

I always let the animations play out.

kamen_tater

Oct 27, 2017
I've gotten better luck on my Jpn account where I tap to skip 3 star summons, so I'll start doing that on my NA account. On the Merlin banner, I'll try to only do 2 10 pulls because he's the only rate up servant on the banner, whereas next autumn he'll be back with the both story locked Alters on rate up.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I've ever skipped through a 10-pull (on purpose, it might have happened on accident). I want to stretch out the hope as long as I can. Plus, I want the satisfaction of seeing the gold/rainbow sparks/the flash when I get lucky. I was skipping through tickets when I got Waver, so I missed out on seeing his card flash. That still stings a little bit.

I currently have 31 tickets and eight 10-pulls saved up, not counting the SQ we'll be getting for the Babylonia clear. If big bro Merlin really needs it, I could see myself spending it all on him. I really hope it doesn't come to that, though.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017

Counting the 30SQ we get for clearing Babylonia, I should be on 200ish SQ by that time. I probably use it all, so that's 6 ten pulls with some yolo(s). No tickets, so I'm not confident at all. My recent luck (Ishtar and Enkidu) come from tickets.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
About the Babylonia campaign,

What happened to Ereshkigal at the end, when Ishtar was freaking out about her giving those divine blessings to the MC and his team during the underworld Tiamat fight?

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017

I have 6 Tickets and 756 SQ. As for how much I'm willing to spend I'm not sure, especially since Musashi is more of a priority to me than Merlin is. Probably three to four 10 pulls will be my limit, but we'll see.

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA

With the bonus quartz from clearing Babylonia, I'll be sitting at 120. But I do plan on buying some more if that's not enough to get him.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017

I'm gonna do exactly what you do because you have EX++++++ luck.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am not going to roll in the Solomon banner as it is a bait banner for Merlin in September, 2019. Saving my quartz for the meme wizard.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Man. Merlin seems far too OP.

Just used him as that guest character in the Babylonia campaign and with him it feels my party is invincible. His NP rate is really high and it seems he has a NP every 2 turns. Then after using the NP everyone gets HP all the time. Seems the HP and NP thing is even stacking. And then that skill where it gives your whole party invincible and attack+....

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Man. Merlin seems far too OP.

Just used him as that guest character in the Babylonia campaign and with him it feels my party is invincible. His NP rate is really high and it seems he has a NP every 2 turns. Then after using the NP everyone gets HP all the time. Seems the HP and NP thing is even stacking. And then that skill where it gives your whole party invincible and attack+....

He doesn't even have the skill that actually makes him overpowered when you first get to use him.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I believe that question will be answered in a future event.
1de.gif

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I didn't expect so many replies about the summoning/skip animation question. I was shocked to see 12 notifications when I jumped on ERA this afternoon, haha.

It seems like there's a mix of people that skip and those that don't. I'm kind of siding with the people who don't, as I too enjoy seeing the pulls slowly unveil themselves, especially considering how long it takes to save up 30SQ. When you skip it's over so fast, but then it is exciting when you see the summoning not end after a gold card as you know the next pull is at least a 4*. And then you get another...and another! I'll probably opt to play it out for the first handful of multi and then I might start skipping. I'm planning on doing SO many pulls for Merlin (everything I have really), so if I let the animation play out in full each time I'll be wasting so much time I could be spending on the raid (since it's a one-time thing).

I always watch the full animation. The only time I skip is when I'm really agitated and I get the single line instead of three meaning it's a CE (unless I'm aiming for the CE ofc). When I watch pull videos it annoys me when they skip. It ruins the suspense imo.
Counting the 30SQ we'll get for finishing Babylonia, I'll have around 1,030 SQ to spend, so 340 pulls. I don't have many tickets though, only 2-3. I spent them trying for Ishtar. :(

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
I don't think that I'll skip the summoning animation. Have only done it 2-3 times for 10x pulls.

My 200 days login bonus is due on Thursday, so that's one more free 10x pull for Merlin which means that I'll have about 175 of free SQ and 11 tickets ready.
As for my limit, 600 SQ would be reasonable, but who knows.
To be honest, characterwise Merlin isn't that interesting to me, but since he makes my Buster Servants stronger...
For the upcoming GSSR, I'll probably go for a Caster anyways, but having a new limited Servant for sure would be nice as well...

I'd do this, but I need my own Merlin for my planned farming team, so I need to pull before anything else. :(
Good luck, but I'm optimistic that you'll get him.

Where does FGO even go from here?

Camelot and Babylonia are such drastic improvements over the other singularities, to the point that it's actually laughable. The escalation, especially lore-wise, is so crazy.

Soloman campaign is probably gonna live up to expectations and dial it up a notch, but I have no idea what to expect after that.

I want more animation, at least on par with decent console Visual Novels, new character portraits without them using the same pose with weapons all the time and more voice acting for important scenes. Feels like they're still skimping too much, considering how much money this game makes for them.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Done with the Babylonia Free Quests.

Spoiler Free Quests and Main Quest:
Funny to run into Banana Oni who had actually been summoned by Gilcaster as well, but didn't feel like taking part in the war, lol. Which reminds that when playing through the main quest I was waiting for the surprise reveal that Tomoe Gozen actually wasn't dead after all and for her to show up, but it wasn't meant to be...

Dunno, what to do next. Do dailies? Farm some papers, after all?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I probably should have asked this earlier, we don't need to do the Babylonia Free Quests too to be eligible for the 30SQ do we? If so, I guess I'll be leaving Hyde Park for a bit.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Only have 20 of them, so if by some great miracle I were to get Merlin, I wouldn't be able to reach more than Level 5 of any of his skills.
Thankfully, not only does Barbatos drop hearts and babies, but papers...err pages as well.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I didn't expect so many replies about the summoning/skip animation question. I was shocked to see 12 notifications when I jumped on ERA this afternoon, haha.

It seems like there's a mix of people that skip and those that don't. I'm kind of siding with the people who don't, as I too enjoy seeing the pulls slowly unveil themselves, especially considering how long it takes to save up 30SQ. When you skip it's over so fast, but then it is exciting when you see the summoning not end after a gold card as you know the next pull is at least a 4*. And then you get another...and another! I'll probably opt to play it out for the first handful of multi and then I might start skipping. I'm planning on doing SO many pulls for Merlin (everything I have really), so if I let the animation play out in full each time I'll be wasting so much time I could be spending on the raid (since it's a one-time thing).

Counting the 30SQ we'll get for finishing Babylonia, I'll have around 1,030 SQ to spend, so 340 pulls. I don't have many tickets though, only 2-3. I spent them trying for Ishtar. :(

Don't worry you'll get him in 100 SQ.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ok bros, I can officially do 4 10-pulls for Merlin maximum with the quartz I have right now. Summer left me broke af and I didn't even get Archuria lol.

I ain't farming anything cause I totally expect to not get him. It will also mark almost 1 full year that I didn't get a 5* outside of the guaranteed summon. My Chaldea's about to get extra salty lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.