• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
Currently have about 130 quartz. I'm trying to get to stage 7 for the event bonus quartz but that is feeling really far away. It just takes so long. The battles vs fodder stuff takes so much time and the tougher fights too. I just finished London which is stage 5. :\

Team hasn't changed at all. Two Santas and a a support carries most of the fights. Sneaky Medea instant NP if someone drops out. Mash and some other unit that never really gets to see the spotlight at the moment.
waver support, arash with 50% np ce, anyone with 50% np CE (fro me, raikou)

all skills to have both at 100% np, hope it clears wave one and two, then wave three, the person who comes in can insta NP (ishtar) is how I got through a lot of story

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, after a day (+a golden apple) of farming Hyde Park and getting only one page I just had a run that dropped three of them. I had to fight so hard to keep myself from pulling on the gacha. Big sis and big snake and Jaguarmura-sensei can wait until after Merlin. I hope that was the right decision.

Welcome to Hyde Park, enjoy your stay.

Because you'll never leave.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the friendship point archer servant? I have him but I don't have enough materials to ascend him beyond 40 so his NP doesn't do as much as I'd like.
yep, he's popular for waveclearing. guess it's too late if you don't have him maxed already, but consider max ascending him and doing his side story to get his NP+ skill later on when there's an event that has materials for him

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Currently have about 130 quartz. I'm trying to get to stage 7 for the event bonus quartz but that is feeling really far away. It just takes so long. The battles vs fodder stuff takes so much time and the tougher fights too. I just finished London which is stage 5. :\

Team hasn't changed at all. Two Santas and a a support carries most of the fights. Sneaky Medea instant NP if someone drops out. Mash and some other unit that never really gets to see the spotlight at the moment.

It's gonna be a tough ride to the end of chapter 7 buddy. There's a huge difficulty spike in Camelot, and another one for Babylonia. Making it through the toughest chapters in 2 days might be a tall order.

I hate to say that you might wanna slow your roll and just enjoy the story at a decent pace. Because at the same time 30 quartz is 30 quartz. If you pursue it I hope you make it!

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
If you pursue it I hope you make it!

I've already given up. The stories hasn't been particularly interesting for me so far. It feels repetitive and bit sized. Always a sneaky reveal of who the baddy is, beat waves to get to them, another baddie, maybe another baddie again after.Not exactly the most exciting but not horrible, I don't feel compelled to sit through all of it.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I've already given up. The stories hasn't been particularly interesting for me so far. It feels repetitive and bit sized. Always a sneaky reveal of who the baddy is, beat waves to get to them, another baddie, maybe another baddie again after.Not exactly the most exciting but not horrible, I don't feel compelled to sit through all of it.

I'll just say that I pretty much agree.

But you'll hit a point where it's obvious they start giving a shit about the story.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine it's Camelot given Saber is sort of the face of the franchise anyway.

Yeah pretty much.

America is decentish too. At least by them they stopped the whole "last minute character and villain reveals that are given so little developement you don't really give a shit about it" schtick.

Oh god London and septem were so bad about it

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It's funny cause you're hitting the point where the story becomes enjoyable and not just a vehicle for burning stamina/time on fodder. At least you're past London. That one dragged on like crazy.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah pretty much.

America is decentish too. At least by them they stopped the whole "last minute character and villain reveals that are given so little developement you don't really give a shit about it" schtick.

Oh god London and septem were so bad about it

I'm beginning to think that Septem and London's biggest problem is space. Like, perhaps during those days the writer was given limitation on how much they could write, and it's not nearly enough to properly convey the kind of story they want to convey. Thus villains come and go without fanfare, excursions rarely serve character arcs, and revelations don't have the proper build up. Babylonia has almost the same exact story structure as London, with the distinct advantage of being able to afford taking it slow.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally done with Free Quests and have 780 sq. Can't wait to not get Merlin.

Gonna spend the rest of my day grinding bond points.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I did not realise King Hassan has only ever got 2 rate ups (not including GSSRs). I may have to reconsider some things.

How much do I really need Summer BB lol?

Sasari

Oct 30, 2017
I see others in much the same state as I. I burnt everything I had for Ishtar and didn't get her.

I'm up to 85 quartz now and trying to grind enough bond to get that up to 90 in time for Merlin, 4 ten pulls best I'll be able to do.

I'm still without a caster or assassin outside of welfare so really hoping for this one, as much as I wanted Ishtar for Waifu I have Orion and Emiya at least so didn't realllllllllllly need her like I need a caster.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I see others in much the same state as I. I burnt everything I had for Ishtar and didn't get her.

I'm up to 85 quartz now and trying to grind enough bond to get that up to 90 in time for Merlin, 4 ten pulls best I'll be able to do.

I'm still without a caster or assassin outside of welfare so really hoping for this one, as much as I wanted Ishtar for Waifu I have Orion and Emiya at least so didn't realllllllllllly need her like I need a caster.
I understand..your pain..

personally I want to know how he gets the money to burn like that. Cause i dont think he accepts donations.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Dus2FTsW0AA2GiR.jpg

Dus2F4lWkAM8_cI.jpg

Dus2GVxXQAAEuQb.jpg

Whenever the music started on these last few fights and when I had Hassan helping I swear it got me tingling.

It has been a struggle but I'm finally at an end. It's amazing how much better these last two singularities have been compared to the others.

PunishedOkabe

From a certain point of view, this isn't a copy
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dus2FTsW0AA2GiR.jpg

Dus2F4lWkAM8_cI.jpg

Dus2GVxXQAAEuQb.jpg

Whenever the music started on these last few fights and when I had Hassan helping I swear it got me tingling.

It has been a struggle but I'm finally at an end. It's amazing how much better these last two singularities have been compared to the others.

King Hassan coming down from the top ropes was the most hype FGO moment of all time

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Dus2FTsW0AA2GiR.jpg

Dus2F4lWkAM8_cI.jpg

Dus2GVxXQAAEuQb.jpg

Those are some nice full screen pics. Man, I need to play this on a bigger screen, at least on my iPad.
Though it always feels a bit weird using Summer Servants when the rest of the party is fully clothed. :D Or wait, "fully clothed" isn't right. :D

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
When is the deadline for the story clear again? 2 days from now?

Cruziao

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got Bodhisattva after 42 tickets, I feels like the gacha god tried to tell me something :thinking:

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Now that I've finished Babylon, I can't decide on what to do this week, so mainly been farming QP. Is everyone farming for Merlin mats?

mathematics

Oct 25, 2017
The Merlin hype. I still have that guy on my list who looks like he quit the game because he didn't get NP5 JAlter.
Kayos put it a bit rudely but I wonder how many people would silently drop the game not getting Merlin after all the saving they did.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Goddammit, I thought it started tonight or tomorrow. Ugh, two more days. Back to farming bond points at hidden village.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The Merlin hype. I still have that guy on my list who looks like he quit the game because he didn't get NP5 JAlter.
Kayos put it a bit rudely but I wonder how many people would silently drop the game not getting Merlin after all the saving they did.
I've invested too much time playing to give up over a single character, especially one that will be as prevalent on my friend list as Merlin. As much as I'd love to have my own, there's no way I'll quit if I fail to pull him myself.

...I probably just cursed myself, but my feelings remains the same.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Now that I've finished Babylon, I can't decide on what to do this week, so mainly been farming QP. Is everyone farming for Merlin mats?
Sadly, yes, I am. Though I might switch it up with farming babies which are in London as well.

As for leaving after not getting Merlin, probably not? I'm used to failing in this game. And as I said, I'm not particularly a fan of his.
Though it would suck if I were the only one here not getting him. That's depressing stuff.
LOL, gotta agree with Chrono. Posting that is bound to spell disaster. :D

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not that invested in Merlin, so like I'll throw 3 ten rolls at him but I won't be heartbroken if I don't get him.

Helps that I have Ishtar.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I need pages anyway, so if I fail to get Merlin they won't be wasted.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I like how map navigation and story progression evolved from America to Camelot to Babylonia. America was the same as everything before it, with each story chapter having all its quests take place on one map node, then either staying in the same place or moving elsewhere for the next chapter. Camelot was functionally the same but essentially combined multiple smaller chapters (i.e. sets of quests) under one chapter name so they could have one "chapter" take place across multiple nodes. Babylonia, in turn, threw out the "one set of quests stays on the same node" idea entirely, freely moving around the map for each quest as needed and using chapters simply as a way to divide up the story, then took things one step further by liberally including "no battle", VN-only quests to help manage the plot progression without having to cram everything into pre-battle or post-battle scenes.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I loved how the map changed in Babylonia too
with the encroaching sea.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much. I've been hanging out at Hyde Park since I finished Babylonia's free quests. If I can just get four more pages it will be enough to ascend Merlin and max his first and third skills, which I figure will be enough for the raids, and I'll go back to QP farming for however little time is left.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Playing the last few parts of the story while I'm on lunch. When they revealed that
the old man was King Hassan I nearly popped off haha. Firstly I think he's so sick, and secondly when Merlin starts talking about death I'm sitting here going "o my goodness is the old man King Hassan????" And then he shows up. So hype.

So do we know who the other Grands are? And has Hassan been replaced now?
Yeah, you have until the start of the next maintenance, so December 20th, 19:59 PST.
Thanks
Though it would suck if I were the only one here not getting him. That's depressing stuff.
I mean Jrod and I aren't rolling so you won't be the only one lol.

But we've already talked about this. I made my prediction earlier this year. You will get him with relative ease.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, yes, I am. Though I might switch it up with farming babies which are in London as well.

As for leaving after not getting Merlin, probably not? I'm used to failing in this game. And as I said, I'm not particularly a fan of his.
LOL, gotta agree with Chrono. Posting that is bound to spell disaster. :D
Oh, don't worry about that, statistically speaking, there will definitively be more than 1 person in this thread not getting him.
They prob just won't post about it, since there's not much to tell in that situation.
...except for the cases of excess spending, but that's more the exception than the norm.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Duu05rMWkAEsPyE.jpg

Alright give me my quartz!!!!!!

I'm actually only gonna throw one ten roll at Merlin, maybe 2. Saving for MHX Alter, Summer Nero and Rider Alter.

Status
Not open for further replies.