• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
fGIyXX0.png

EgyUB4e.png

The story revolves around mages jumping through time to prevent a disaster. You as a mage, and a Master, will summon mythological and historical heroes as Servants to fight as your proxy. Rewrite history.

aTNXWj4.png

Throughout the game you'll meet famous people from history or myths. Characters such as Nero or Sir Francis Drake. All the characters come together to save the world. Here are some more notable people you might recognize: Okita Souji, Mordred, Miyamoto Musashi, Leonardo Da Vinci, and more!

eT3OAfE.png

You summon heroes and heroines from various ages and they are designated into classes. Initially there will be only 9 classes but more will be added as the game. Each class has its strengths and weaknesses with stat modifiers. For instance assassins are great for generating critical hit stars while Riders have the innate ability to naturally pull critical hit stars for dealing critical damage.

xRdHIXG.png

The Saber class is the most well-rounded and is personified by the titular hero(ine) Arturia Pendragon. They have high HP and strong attack with no negative stat modifiers.

VABkLRl.png

The Archer class is the ranged class known for their survival but relatively frail strength and nature; also is personified by the titular hero(ine) Arturia Pendragon. They have very high HP but a lower attack.

AJXgzQB.png

The Lancer class is at the forefront for dealing deadly critical blows and is personified by the titular hero(ine) Arturia Pendragon. While they boast the highest HP in the game they have low attack which boosted by a higher attack multiplier.

XISKG85.png

The Rider class excels in absorbing strength to unleash strong critical attacks and is personified by the titular hero(ine) Arturia Pendragon. They have average HP and below average attack.

99jOgzt.png

The Assassin class dishes out swift attacks giving companions the opportunity to deal large amounts of damage and is personified by the titular hero(ine) Arturia Pendragon. They have below average HP and attack with a lower attack modifier.

jBoDRY9.png

The Caster class is primarily a support by bolstering the strengths of comrades with their skills and arts and is not personified by the titular hero(ine) Arturia Pendragon (yet). They tout their strength with the lowest attack in the game (with a lower attack modifier) and average HP.

usafIdu.png

The Berserker class is a high damage dealing class but suffers from dealing more damage than other classes and is personified by the titular hero(ine) Arturia Pendragon. They have the highest attack in the game accompanied with average HP.

Z5YYxUg.png

The Ruler class has the ability to mitigate the damage through their special ability and is personified by a lookalike of the titular hero(ine) Arturia Pendragon.

1HkJkTk.png

Shielder class is primarily for servants who wish to block and reduce damage. This class is not personified by the titular hero(ine) Arturia Pendragon.

uqnY29h.png

Party (Class Triangle)

You will create a party of 5 servants with 1 support slot. You can mix and match various classes or use a single class. Up to you. Within each class a Servant can fulfill a role so there is a variety of compositions you can make. You typically want to mix and match due to their strengths and weaknesses. Each Servant can also possess a Craft Essence which is an ability modifier. Your party will contain a total of 6 servants but only the first 3 will join the fray and the remaining members join as your Servants fall.

• Saber beats Lancer, Lancer beats Archer, Archer beats Saber.
  • Caster beats Assassin, Assassin beats Rider, Rider beats Caster.
  • Berserker deals extra damage to all classes but takes extra damage.
  • Ruler and Shielder take reduced damage.

g3Sq0b1.jpg

Attack Types

Each Servant has a deck of 5 attacks which are divided into 3 different types listed below. Every turn you will draw 5 attack cards from a pool of the servants you have on the field with the card being a certain type and associated with the specific servant. You can choose three attacks every turn and the goal is to defeat your enemy using your attacks. Additionally you have the ability to match certain attack types together to strengthen the type's effect or chain a single servant's attack card all into an attack chain giving you extra combo hits.

• Quick generate stars which is used to increase critical hit chance
  • Artes generate meter for Noble Phantasms
  • Buster deals large amounts of raw damage

Skills

Both Servants and Masters have skills. Each skill has a unique ability associated with the Servant's legend or the Master's Mystic Code (outfit). They have cooldowns but can drastically alter the outcome of a battle.

Command Seal

As the master you have 3 command seals that refill after an allotted time. You can use your Command Seals to resurrect your servants, heal your servants, or use Noble Phantasms.

Noble Phantasm

Once you get 100% meter gauge you have the ability to use your Noble Phantasm, which is a manifestation of that hero/heroine's legend. It's your super. It does a lot of damage or it does extra support like stuff. Save it for when you think you need it. Or don't.

sp_howtoplay_img_2_13.png

HlUMV5r.png

This game has a 1% SSR Servant ratio in JP. If this version is the same then prepare to cry tears either from not getting the servant you want or because your wallet is empty.

kgacLQE.png

Q: Why does it say Arturia instead of Artoria or Altria?

A: Cuz *** the localization??

Q: Is the game dubbed in English?

A: No.

Q: I got [inser Servant name here]. Should I reroll?

A: Yes. Always reroll. The point of the game is to reroll. Keep rerolling. Just keep rerolling.

Q: Does this game play on the same server as the JP version?

A: No.

Q: How stingy is this game with summon currency?

A: Depends on how shitty their server infrastructure is.

Q: How's the story? Is it like Fate/Zero?

A: Bad. And no.

Q: You're making this game sound bad. Why should I play?

A: Cuz you like Type Moon or you like interesting mobile games.

Q: How do I play?

A: It's available on the usual Android and App store depending on your OS. It also released 9PM PDT.

Resources

Wiki: http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Fate/Grand_Order_Wikia

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/

Credits

Writing: Kayos90

Graphics: Quonny

Discord link hidden here!!
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
So I've been meaning to ask since the previous thread: If Artoria-lookalike Jeanne is good enough to represent the Ruler class, why isn't Artoria-lookalike Nero good enough to represent the Caster class?

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
All that work to get the exhibition quest tickets and garbage CEs from the lot of them.

YKHOwTr.jpg

At least you get a lore from the last one.

Will post a ranking and summary later.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to have made it to OT2 with you guys. I like the title too.
So I've been meaning to ask since the previous thread: If Artoria-lookalike Jeanne is good enough to represent the Ruler class, why isn't Artoria-lookalike Nero good enough to represent the Caster class?
Good question lol.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
fuck this, im only making like 12 miserable Golden medals per run. I really really wanted the gems but 12-16 Medal per 40 AP nod is a fucking joke.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that final exhibition was no joke. Took two command spells due to unfortunate luck/cards, but it's done.

Edit: Wait, that was the post-nerf version? Wow.

Semblance

Oct 26, 2017
California
Mash / Cu Alter / Waver with Martha / Jack / Archuria. No command seals needed. The hardest part was putting Jack and LAlter away as quickly as possible with minimal damage. Archuria can actually solo Nero without much trouble.

Maybe I should put White Rose on Archuria on my support list, come to think of it. I dunno what's actually most helpful for people.

Sol

Oct 25, 2017
God, this event shop is the biggest pain in the ass. It's much more efficient and rewarding to farm petals once you're able to, because medal drops are just way too low for it to be worth it.

Vctor182

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit Finals was really tough, had to use 2 command spells. This was my team
k2jkSEGl.png

Bride for Lartoria/heal
Mash to tank Jack's NP
Waver raising NP and support. Chocolate CE help him tank Ozzys dmg and 1 NP
Support Amakusa for debuff, Iraw change the CE, lol
Gil for main dmg
Martha for last resort

Oct 25, 2017
https://streamable.com/1f32n

Archuria stronk. I actually got lucky this run though as I messed up a few skills. My first run was better as that one was without a MLB 2030 (Waver support with bond CE) and Archuria still nuked everyone but Ozy. I didn't realise he'd have that defence buff and didn't have anyone in the party who could counter that.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit Finals was really tough, had to use 2 command spells. This was my team
k2jkSEGl.png

Bride for Lartoria/heal
Mash to tank Jack's NP
Waver raising NP and support. Chocolate CE help him tank Ozzys dmg and 1 NP
Support Amakusa for debuff, Iraw change the CE, lol
Gil for main dmg
Martha for last resort
Ha fair enough

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The moment when you continually grind pedal drops without thinking, and then check the lottery boxes to see you have thousands of them to go through, with only ten pulls each set.

giphy.gif

ATXAlchemy

Nov 1, 2017
The moment when you continually grind pedal drops without thinking, and then check the lottery boxes to see you have thousands of them to go through, with only ten pulls each set.

Reposting from previous OT, LOL.

Out of curiousity, have they implemented the box gacha opening QoL in NA? Or are you guys opening boxes like cavemen?

It was first used in Xmas 2017 (and Xmas 2016 Revival as well, IIRC).

ATXAlchemy

Nov 1, 2017
RIP to those who plans to get unholy amount of boxes.

It's time to learn about robotics and automation. LEL.

ATXAlchemy

Nov 1, 2017
Battle in New York Match 2: Flame Gate

You reenact the movie 300 and try to defeat Leonidas and his Spartans.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Damn, the last battle is really hard. I hadn't find success yet. How do you guys deal with Ozy? He refused to go down except if I hit him with defense-ignoring NP. But as I don't have Shiki or Kintoki myself I kinda wasted my support slot on that and couldn't fit Waver on my team as a result.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the last battle is really hard. I hadn't find success yet. How do you guys deal with Ozy? He refused to go down except if I hit him with defense-ignoring NP. But as I don't have Shiki or Kintoki myself I kinda wasted my support slot on that and couldn't fit Waver on my team as a result.

Use ibaraki's to wipe out his buffs.

Didn't fare too bad. T-rex's Archuria was clutch at the last part, but the first wave was mash/ibaraki/MLB rose raikou, wipe them out at the same turn, then use ibaraki to debuff ozy, then proceed from there with the last part being archuria supported by nero bride.

So not a very cheap lineup haha.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Question for everyone:

Who should I get to level 100 next: Archuria NP3, Gilgamesh NP1, Cu Alter NP1, or Raikou NP1? I use all of them a bunch and I'm kinda stumped on which one to max level after Jalter is done.

https://streamable.com/1f32n

Archuria stronk. I actually got lucky this run though as I messed up a few skills. My first run was better as that one was without a MLB 2030 (Waver support with bond CE) and Archuria still nuked everyone but Ozy. I didn't realise he'd have that defence buff and didn't have anyone in the party who could counter that.
Nice setup. I should have ran an Arts team.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Also I was kind of hoping for something funnier for the OT2 title.

Also as an aside the name Artoria is also widely accepted by the fanbase due to Artoria's relation to Roman general Artorias, so I wouldn't put it on the same level as Altria.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Well that was tough for me. I went with Jeanne, Jeanne Alter, Nero Bride, Waver, Vlad, Mash. Failed my first attempt. Had just Nero left but she had Medea buff + imperial privilege X2 and I was doing barely anything even with MLB princess.

I decided on my second run to leave Lancer and Medea until the end. I was struggling to deal with their buffs and they had mid to long NP charges so they were manageable. I also swapped Vlad for Kuro. This went a lot better. Killed Jack, then Shirou, nuked Ozy, then killed lancer, Medea, and finally Nero. Was down to just Kuro though Vs last life Nero.

That being said I did use a single command skill to get Alter's health back to full so wasn't really a true completion, but I'm satisfied regardless. That makes all the challenges done with Nero Bride :)

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
NeroFest cleared! I spent quite a bit of time theorycrafting, and it turned out pretty well. 1st try, no CS used, 3 surviving members (including Herc with a bunch of Guts left)

My team
Lvl 90 Waver 10/10/10 MLB His Rightful Place (50%NP Charge, 4 stars per turn)
Lvl 80 Rider Martha 4/4/4 MLB Imaginary Around (75% NP Charge)
Lvl 90 Cu Alter 10/10/10 MLB White Rose (Tons of damage), Support

Lvl 80 Medea Lily 6/4/4 No CE (Out of cost lol)
Lvl 90 Gilgamesh 10/10/10 MLB White Rose
Lvl 80 Herc 10/6/1 Bond CE

Mystic Code: Plugsuit

Yup, Gil with MLB White Rose is in the backline, mostly to keep him safe from Lalter as I need him to take out Nero, but I don't want to kill Lalter too soon.

The intent is for Support Cu Alter to take out Jack, Amakusa and Lalter (in that order) before having Gil take out all 3 of Nero's guts and then finishing Ozy, Medea and Nero with a souped up Enuma Elish. Rider Martha to cleanse the initial debuffs and Medea Lily to heal up the frontline when they are almost dead.

Got lucky with a Cu Alter Brave chain off the bat, which immediately gave me a headache, since I could also do an Arts chain Waver, Martha and Cu Alter. Decided to yolo, so I popped Martha's debuff clear immediately (instead of waiting for the other debuffs), popped all 3 of wavers buffs, and cu's protection from arrows, and nuked down Jack with the brave chain.

Amakusa came in and debuffed with HP reduction, Medea debuffed with poison. Not many options, so Buster Chain with Martha's NP for a bit of DEF down. Amakusa debuffed the team again (I didn't know the debuff stacked) so my frontline was poisoned and down 4k Max HP. Cu Alter finished off Amakusa

Team was pretty low by now, so was going to swap Martha out with Medea Lily for heals. With two casters out I didn't want to lose them to a stray Ozy crit, so decided to remove Imperial Privilege with Martha before swapping her out. Also used Cu's attack debuff. Healed and built up some NP.

Lalter was close to NPing, but Cu Alter NPed first and with a Brave Chain to boot. Fortunately (or unfortunately), Lalter died to the NP, and the brave chain killed off Ozy thanks to no more Imperial privilege DEF buff.

Rest of the fight was fairly straight forward. Waver stalled a bit with his NP. His buffs came up and allowed Cu Alter to NP again, which took out 2 of Nero's Guts. Nero NP then took out the entire frontline. Gil took off the last Guts with an Arts crit, before using Charisma and Mystic Code ATK buff to Enuma Elish to victory ( I was worried I wouldn't kill Medea in one shot so I spent some time to weaken her a bit, but Ea actually did a 100K to her, and 250K to Nero)

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got killed by Nero twice. I can take care of most of them, but Nero crits so hard and eat through my guts like nothing. The Final Challenge is giving me trouble.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Cleared it first try with:

D'eon - that halloween 1 turn taunt CE
Jeanne Alter - MLB event damage CE
Friend Waver (they all have joint recital on)
George - Golden Carp
Archuria - 75% charge CE
Herc - Bond CE

Mystic code was the invuln/cooldown/debuff remove one.

In retrospect a better setup would be to swap George for Mash, use my own Waver, and bring a friend Cu Alter with the event CE. I also didn't get much mileage out of Archuria since she got critted down by Nero almost instantly, but at least that wasn't Jeanne Alter.

For the most part it was pretty straightforward, taunters kept the heat off Jeanne who blew up everyone. I didn't use any buffs on turn 1, then cleansed both Jack and Medea's debuff on turn 2 with D'eon's skill and the mystic code. D'eon was absolutely great here, easily tanked everything until finally getting nuked by Ozy's NP. I forgot that Rule Breaker would wipe off George's Guts so that's why I think I'd rather bring Mash next time. I avoided AOE NPs by using invulnerability on Jeanne. On the last wave I wiped out all of Nero's extra lives and got her down to around 10k HP before I finished off Medea, her defense buff was fairly inconsequential afterwards.

Oct 25, 2017
Question for everyone:

Who should I get to level 100 next: Archuria NP3, Gilgamesh NP1, Cu Alter NP1, or Raikou NP1? I use all of them a bunch and I'm kinda stumped on which one to max level after Jalter is done.

Nice setup. I should have ran an Arts team.
I love Arts, it's always fun.

I'd recommend Raikou just because I know you're planning on rolling for Merlin and paired together she'll be even more of a monster than she is atm. You can't really go wrong with any of the choices though.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Amakusa soloing the last fight O_O

I didn't even know Rulers did standard damage to themselves. I'll use Ruler martha next time I need to farm a node with them (not having good berserkers/avengers)

Magic Kaito

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What's the lottery box QoL they added?
Right after the 10-pull, there's a button on the same screen to do another that you can just keep tapping. (Don't know if it's intentional by DW but it's right on Sheba's chest for the current Gil fest). The transitions also seem faster but maybe I'm imagining that.
m0Kw2lF.jpg

Last edited:

ATXAlchemy

Nov 1, 2017
What's the lottery box QoL they added?

Right after the 10-pull, there's a button on the same screen to do another that you can just keep tapping. (Don't know if it's intentional by DW but it's right on Sheba's chest for the current Gil fest). The transitions also seem faster but maybe I'm imagining that.

No, you're not imagining it.

Basically
1. The button mentioned above (using this = also means skipping the dialogues)
2. The thing is now automated all the way to the end of a 10-lottery after tapping once.
3. Faster animation of prizes.

Still not as good as straight out giving all 300 items, but a welcome improvement whether you only farm 30 boxes or 1000 boxes.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I have 231 chains and no one I really need to use them on lol. I guess I could use it on nitocris but I don't really use her...

I really do want hijikata and izou in the future though, so I guess I'm future proofing.

ATXAlchemy

Nov 1, 2017
PSA for JP players (that hasn't cleared Fuyuki).

30 crystals for FGO winning awards in TGS. But you need to clear Fuyuki Singularity by 9/22 3.59 AM JST.

https://news.fate-go.jp/2018/0921TGS18/

Is there 300 enemies?

Yes. You fight Big Boss + 300 mooks of Motherbase. See the Remaining Enemy Count. LOL

I barely made it with Eli-chan Brave with literally 1 HP. Unlike the previous Exhibition, I don't want to try again coz it takes a long time. orz

Status
Not open for further replies.