• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Don't know if this is luck or the RNG gods mocking me, but in this past hour I received three copies of the Jalter CE. At least now I can MLB my second copy of it.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
Even with two max-atk buffs from Waver, her own Quick buff, and the plugsuit's buff, Scathach's NP doesn't wipe the enemies. Sometimes it isn't even enough to kill Caesar. I did a bunch of experimenting before deciding to lead with Shiki's NP, and even TWO NPs from Waver to reduce the enemy's defense isn't enough to let Scathach's NP clear them. Though granted, I haven't done my Waver's NP interlude yet, so his NP isn't at full power.
So I've never participated in the thread (been lurking a bit whenever new stuff gets added) but Scathach's NP just seems to have the damage fluctuate randomly on the last wave and I don't know why despite using the same buffs everytime. I've seen him die, to being left with 200 health, to having over 10,000 health left.

Scathach's NP is never gonna wipe out Santa Alter, she has too much health for that. She needs to crit to finish her off, which you can guarantee to her if you have the F/Z Mystic Code.

I've been running Arash/Scathach/Ozymandias/Chloe/Waver as my team. Need Ozy to grant Arash the NP gauge for him to fire off the first wave since I have his charge skill stuck at 8 due to needing more homunculus babies. Second wave, Ozy uses Charisma, swap him out for Waver and Waver pops everything, Chloe charges and buffs herself and she or Scathach finish off the dragon depending on how card dealing goes. (If Chloe gets a chain she finishes it off and generates the stars for Scathach to finish off Santa, but if she doesn't get a chain Scathach has to land the last few hits and you get less stars) Pop plugsuit attack for the final wave and Scathach uses her quick and crits buff and go for a brave chain cards permitting, and if her Buster card pops up I'll throw that before the NP, you can also throw a card onto Caesar before NPing to ensure he dies and then the last hits will go onto Santa Alter.

If you get a bad deal with the card RNG, it turns a 3 turn clear into a 4 or 5 turn clear, depending on what exactly you get screwed on in regards to cards. I don't have the F/Z mystic code so if Chloe gets too many cards during the final wave she steals the crit stars from Scathach killing my 3/4 turn clear.

You can swap Chloe for Kintoki Rider if you have him and don't have Chloe's NP charge to 10 with this team, but he has the same threat of stealing stars away from Scathach as well. (Again, moot with the F/Z Mystic Code) Shiki should still work too if she can wipe the dragon out in one turn and generate some stars too.

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Got my 12 CE drop and reached a total of 50 boxes. Only 6 apples left so I may tap out. Not sure the spirit is willing to continue the hard grind.

60 boxes does have a nice ring to it though. Would be a new record for me too.

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
Quite the achievement.

HZOy8sz.png

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I'm done, both with the event and possibly beyond for a while; the grind has completely burned me out and made me sick of the game. Can't begin to comprehend how people are even getting to 25 boxes worth of stockings, let along 50. Are you playing for every waking second of your day or something?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Plug suit, best suit. Congrats!

I spent a handful of tickets trying for Amakusa, didn't get him. I did get Astolfo though, so that's something.

As for how much I'm farming, I'm fortunate enough to be able three turn the node with a full stocking team, so I can comfortably farm it while doing other stuff. If I actually had to pay attention and go through multiple turns, I wouldn't be nearly as far in as I am.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Lostbelt 3 part 2 gacha is live.

Seems like a consistent theme about servants in this lostbelt is "hope you really don't like doing damage" lol.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm done, both with the event and possibly beyond for a while; the grind has completely burned me out and made me sick of the game. Can't begin to comprehend how people are even getting to 25 boxes worth of stockings, let along 50. Are you playing for every waking second of your day or something?
If you have a good device and good internet, and a team that can consistently 3 turn it you can run the node from the select screen back to the select screen in around 2 minutes. I am not one of those people ofc lol but I've seen it done.

If it makes you feel better I've only cleared 16 boxes. Though my goal was only 20 (post finding out the node released late). Everyone here is motivating me to do more but I won't push myself while I'm on vacation.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
What do the clothing items in the chaldean gate section do? I see they recommend level 50, I'm hesitant to try it cause it costs so much AP and I don't know what it does.

For the santa event I feel pretty burnt out for now. I got Santa, all her NP and stuff. I have some items but grinding cakes is tedious. Most missions take between 6 to 12 turns and usually towards the longer end of about 9. I'll do a few more runs but I'm not feeling pressured into grinding this any more.

Also, my santa alter is at 80/80. It seems like I need to use a different item to ascend (named something else) now and I only have 3 of these so far. Are these rare? Should I consider saving them for later?

qon

Oct 25, 2017
What do the clothing items in the chaldean gate section do? I see they recommend level 50, I'm hesitant to try it cause it costs so much AP and I don't know what it does.

For the santa event I feel pretty burnt out for now. I got Santa, all her NP and stuff. I have some items but grinding cakes is tedious. Most missions take between 6 to 12 turns and usually towards the longer end of about 9. I'll do a few more runs but I'm not feeling pressured into grinding this any more.

Also, my santa alter is at 80/80. It seems like I need to use a different item to ascend (named something else) now and I only have 3 of these so far. Are these rare? Should I consider saving them for later?

They unlock alternate mystic codes to swap into. They can have 1/2 AP campaigns. I think you just missed a pretty recent one, unfortunately.

https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Mystic_Codes

Your level 80 Santa reached its limit and you can "grail" it to break that limit. Grails are pretty rare. Usually people grail favorites though so yeah, don't worry too much about gameplay.

As for grinding the event I'd say do up till you stop having fun with it. I know trying to do this event is really rough as a new player (my first event was a huge struggle since I was relying 100% on friend supports). While the rewards are really good there's no point burning yourself out.

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017

They're basically uniforms you equip to get different skills that you can use in battle. They're all pretty good honestly. I would spare the time to at least get the combat suit and the mage's association mystic codes. The first let's you swap in members in the backline and the 2nd let's you reroll your cards in case you get a set that you don't want, and gives you an np boost.

Yeah don't burn yourself out lol. I would at least try to get the ticket to make santa alter lily permanent but these grinding events are only really for the people who are already deep in and know what materials they need. Like honestly for the first 4 chapters of this game it is so easy that you really don't have to worry about building a team.

And seriously, if you're not going to whale you're not going to need that many materials in the first place. :P

I would at least casually farm socks for now. 30ap gives good socks drop. Still, no point burning yourself out.

Last edited:

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Its not so much burning myself out on the game but burning myself out on this grind. I can take a support who gives nice amount of bonus cakes but the stage might take an extra 3 turns. Taking some of the more appropriate and OP supports will send me to 6-8 turns but I get less cakes. I'm also just stock piling at the moment, without any servants actually needing these for now so it isn't really exciting when there isn't something you're working on, just grinding and hoarding in general. I got one of the grand prize boxes too. I also have like, 50 gold apples or something but again, its less about AP and more about efficiency and time consumption. I think I'll try to get some gold statues, some of the harder to get materials and then focus a bit on something else.

Also, I never expected it but that last Santa story mission had me concerned, cornered even. He was tanky as hell and wiped my 3 front liners before I could get their NP off, I was pretty much convinced I'd lose that one because everything was resist and my remaining units weren't great. His NP also went straight through my evades and invincibility skills lol, I was so confident it completely caught me off guard. Victory came from the most unexpected servant, my lowly lv40 capped Mash. The only servant who wasn't doing resist damage. No NP, no skills left, HP down to the triple digits and last man standing. The plus side is that i only had Mash cards to choose from which brought me to victory as she beat him to death with her shield. But damn that was close.

They're basically uniforms you equip to get different skills that you can use in battle. They're all pretty good honestly. I would spare the time to at least get the combat suit and the mage's association mystic codes. The first let's you swap in members in the backline and the 2nd let's you reroll your cards in case you get a set that you don't want, and gives you an np boost.

Holy shit I needed this like last week. I guess I'll work on them. Hope they aren't too hard.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Its not so much burning myself out on the game but burning myself out on this grind. I can take a support who gives nice amount of bonus cakes but the stage might take an extra 3 turns. Taking some of the more appropriate and OP supports will send me to 6-8 turns but I get less cakes. I'm also just stock piling at the moment, without any servants actually needing these for now so it isn't really exciting when there isn't something you're working on, just grinding and hoarding in general. I got one of the grand prize boxes too. I also have like, 50 gold apples or something but again, its less about AP and more about efficiency and time consumption. I think I'll try to get some gold statues, some of the harder to get materials and then focus a bit on something else.

A

If I'm being serious these events are all about the lottery box. You get the EXP cards, you get the QP you need, and you get the common material that are a pain in the ass to get because you always need a lot of it. I would seriously just concentrate on that for now. Or at least get to box 5 where you get the ticket to make lily permanent.

If you want I can give my FC and I have a MLB bonus socks on my archer spot. She's got a skill that gives her a 50% NP boost already anyway so she'll make pretty short work on the final one.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Lostbelt 3 part 2 gacha is live.

Seems like a consistent theme about servants in this lostbelt is "hope you really don't like doing damage" lol.
new Ruler is a tank abomination and if you want damage that is Doomhorse and Red Hare for you

Even with two max-atk buffs from Waver, her own Quick buff, and the plugsuit's buff, Scathach's NP doesn't wipe the enemies. Sometimes it isn't even enough to kill Caesar. I did a bunch of experimenting before deciding to lead with Shiki's NP, and even TWO NPs from Waver to reduce the enemy's defense isn't enough to let Scathach's NP clear them. Though granted, I haven't done my Waver's NP interlude yet, so his NP isn't at full power.
have you tried Chaldea standard uniforms?, its ATK buff is 50%+ compared to Wavers 30%+

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017

Don't feel pressured to grind too much. Generally the point where you get the Crystalline Lore (Box 6 or 7) is an ok stopping point. Clearing the shop of items generally needs apples / event CEs, and is mostly optional. Do note there are 2 definitions of clearing the shop:
1) Get everything that you needed from it (since some mats you can have an excess of)
2) Everything but Monuments and Pieces (since you end up with a lot of those as you play)

I would say as long as Santa Lily is permanent, and you got her ascension mats and to NP5, you are pretty much done with the event. It is also worth it to take a look at your other servants (since you mentioned being bottlenecked on materials before) and see if you can get them in the event, since its much easier to get them now then to farm a map with a low drop rate in the future.

At the end of the day, we play games to have fun, not to see who can grind the longest

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
This last node has finally given me a reason to use my Carmilla. I never realized how crazy fast she can build NP.

I also never realized she literally only has one attack animation. Poor girl's animation update can't come soon enough.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
I'm up to 20 boxes and still have 55 gold apples left.
Doing this by 7-9 turning the stocking nodes is so damn draining.
Any budget tactics to reliably do the node a bit faster with a full CE setup and without having an own Waver?
My current team: Jack, Chloe, sup Cleo/Jalter/Raikou (whoever shows up first, CE MLB), Saberlot, Cu, Mashu

Last edited:

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
My Servant list of shame:
SSR's: Jack, Jalter, Artoria Saber, Artoria Archer, Nightingale (not leveled)
SR's: Herc, Saberlot, Fran, Kiyo Lancer, Mary/Anne Rider, Martha Rider, Martha Ruler, Emiya Archer, Helena, Nursery Rhyme, Carmilla, Astolfo (not leveled), Elisabeth (not leveled)
Welfares all starting from Kintoki that is Level 40 only due to ascension mat shortage.

I usually kill the dragon with Jack and then work on the 3rd wave with my sup Servant which most of the time isn't enough to kill them off in 1 turn, so it drags on.
Might replace Chleo by Herc (now max bound so I wanted to use someone else, but not worth the extra turns) and switch from Chaldea mystic code to mage uniform.

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
SSR's: Jack, Jalter, Artoria NP2, Artoria Archer, Nightingale (not leveled)
SR's: Herc NP2, Saberlot, Fran NP2, Kiyo Lancer, Mary/Anne Rider, Martha Rider, Martha Ruler, Emiya Archer, Helena, Nursery Rhyme, Carmilla, Astolfo (not leveled), Elisabeth (not leveled)
Welfares all starting from Kintoki that is Level 40 only due to ascension mat shortage.

I usually kill the dragon with Jack and then work on the 3rd wave with my sup Servant which most of the time isn't enough to kill them off in 1 turn, so it drags on.
Might replace Chleo by Herc (now max bound so I wanted to use someone else, but not worth the extra turns) and switch from Chaldea mystic code to mage uniform.

Hmmm, most of the techniques I've seen with welfares involved arash blasting away the first wave, Kuro NPing and generating stars while killing the dragon in one turn, and then summer scat NPing and then using crits to clear out the 3rd wave. People seem to use fran for the final wave too so you can go that route. Dunno if you need 2 wavers for it. I'd give that a try with 1 support waver?

It's hard to underrate how much arash helps in just making things speedy lol.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
But doesn't the Arash tactic rely on Waver?
Of course, I could use a friend Waver, but then I'd have +6 stockings instead of +7 stockings. Hmm.

I had Fran (she's NP2) early on in the team, but she died too much. Maybe if I use a different mystic code.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
if you have k-scope arash could just NP first turn by himself.

I guess you'd be losing bonuses over efficiency yeah.

I'd play around with similar strategy and see what works.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Even without waver you could use the first wave for NP generation. It should take you 2 turns to get rid of everyone barring really, really bad card rng.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Team. I've since gotten another CE drop so Arash is back at 30% charge at the start, but Waver's defense and crit skills take him to 70% so it only takes about five more seconds than this.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
SSR's: Jack, Jalter, Artoria Saber, Artoria Archer, Nightingale (not leveled)
SR's: Herc, Saberlot, Fran, Kiyo Lancer, Mary/Anne Rider, Martha Rider, Martha Ruler, Emiya Archer, Helena, Nursery Rhyme, Carmilla, Astolfo (not leveled), Elisabeth (not leveled)

How are Assassin Scathach/Kuro's skill levels? If they are leveled you can probably do it in 4-6 turns, by borrowing a Waver. Also Helena is pretty much budget Waver, so you might want to max her. You probably want at least one or two of those leveled.

Helena + Jack/Kuro + Support Assassin Scathach might work. Main issue is charging Scathach's NP in time (an MLB drop CE will really help). If you have your own Waver, life is much easier since +50% charge is a lot vs 20%.

Card down the first wave and charge NP. (2-3 turns)
Jack/Kuro NP the 2nd wave. (1 turn)
Helena Buff + Assassin Scathach's Quick Buff + Default Mystic Code ATK buff should come close to one-shotting the last wave hopefully and you should be able to crit down the remainder if any survive) (1-2 turns)

Alternatively,

Jack + Jalter + Artoria Archer (since I know from your support those are leveled)
All 3 are pretty good at building NP. so charge NP the first wave. (2-3 turns)
One ST NP for the dragon (1 turn)
Jack NPs Caesar (1 turn)
Swap in Waver, recharge Jack NP. Archuria NPs Asterios, Jack NPs Santa. Jalter + Archuria + Waver ATK buffs should ensure each NP kills a target.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Thanks for the suggestions.

Both Scathach Summer and Kuro currently are Level 80 with Skills 2/2/6. Probably not enough?

Played around a bit with Jack & Scathach Summer at the front row, but wasn't able to cut down on the number of turns. Scathach's NP generation isn't that great.

My Helena is still at level 50 with Skills 1/1/1.

Unfortunately, your alternative costs too much (111 and I'm currently capped at 110), so I replaced Archuria with Kuro, but I can't get it done in less turns than my usual setup. Waver isn't able to fully recharge Jack's NP.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
To go into more specifics than you've been given:
Combat Uniform: 1-turn attack buff for the entire team, stun a single enemy (fails if enemy has debuff resist), and swap units between front and back. Commonly called 'the plugsuit', this may be the most-used Mystic Code.
Mage's Association: Small heal for the entire team, 20% NP boost to a single unit, reshuffle command cards. I mostly use it for farming when I don't want to bring a Waver.
Atlas Institute: 1-turn invincibility for a single unit, remove debuffs for a single unit, reduce a single unit's skill cooldown by two. Mostly used for soloing quests.
Grails are very rare. Typically when a Servant reaches the point where Palingenesis would be required to raise them further, they're considered maxed out. It should be noted that if you do decide to grail Santa Alter, it will only increase her level cap by 5 instead of 10. And if you want to grail her beyond 90, each grail then will only increase her level cap by 2.
Also, I never expected it but that last Santa story mission had me concerned, cornered even. He was tanky as hell and wiped my 3 front liners before I could get their NP off, I was pretty much convinced I'd lose that one because everything was resist and my remaining units weren't great. His NP also went straight through my evades and invincibility skills lol, I was so confident it completely caught me off guard. Victory came from the most unexpected servant, my lowly lv40 capped Mash. The only servant who wasn't doing resist damage. No NP, no skills left, HP down to the triple digits and last man standing. The plus side is that i only had Mash cards to choose from which brought me to victory as she beat him to death with her shield. But damn that was close.
Congratulations! Yeah, Rulers can be tough enemies, and Amakusa is the toughest enemy Ruler available in NA. The only Servant classes they don't resist are Shielder (as you found out), Ruler (neutral damage), Berserker (mutually strong against each other), and Avenger (strong against Ruler).
have you tried Chaldea standard uniforms?, its ATK buff is 50%+ compared to Wavers 30%+
I haven't, but it wouldn't work. I'd also be giving up the plugsuit's 30% ATK buff, and since same-type buffs stack additively I'd be giving up a 10% ATK boost.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Got the grand prize in box 6 and fully ascended Santa Lily, now to just get enough logs so I can NP5 her. Already at NP3 now.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Box 35, and I think that's enough for this event. I would only use my natural AP from now on, and save my apples to rush through Camelot this weekend.

I need to hurry if I want the 30 free quartz from completing Babylonia early.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

If you have everything you need to max out your new Santa alter, I'd say you're pretty much done. If you want to run any more, maybe look into the skill upgrades for your servants of choice and see what materials you need. Otherwise it may end up being aimless grinding and that's a lot less fun.

Also omg I'm ultra casual tier. I think I'm only on box 9 or 10 lol. Might spend some more apples grinding tonight, though I doubt I have the will to use all 230+ apples.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on box 38 and am starting to run out of steam. I'd like to get as close to 200 million QP as possible before Musashi, but after finally maxing Tamamo I only have 60 million left.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on box 36 and I still have about 40ish apples. Since we're getting more apples soon, I dont mind burning them all, especially since I haven't saved any embers for Merlin/Musashi. I probably wont have enough time to use up my apples so w/e I have left over I might spend on speeding through Babylonia

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Box 35, and I think that's enough for this event. I would only use my natural AP from now on, and save my apples to rush through Camelot this weekend.

Has it been confirmed yet if we'll be getting the 30 SQ? I'll still be completing Babylonia as soon as possible, but those 30 SQ would be nice for Merlin...

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017

Is the time limit unreasonable then? I like to take my time to enjoy the singularities so it's shame we have to rush through it. Guess I'll do what I do for events and skip the cutscenes then watch them later.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on 31 and I think I'll ease off a bit for now. The skills that I care about that needs the materials has either been maxed out needs unreasonably more grinding to max and I've got the servants I care about up to 90.

Also fully leveled a new Lancelot berserker. Just gotta wait 2 years for skadi now.

Oct 25, 2017
Is the time limit unreasonable then? I like to take my time to enjoy the singularities so it's shame we have to rush through it. Guess I'll do what I do for events and skip the cutscenes then watch them later.
Not at all. It'll require about 6 days' worth of AP to clear Babylonia and there's going to be a gap of 2 weeks between Babylonia and the final chapter.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I've managed to stick to my word and haven't spent any resources over the last month or so. Pretty happy that my stash is beginning to build for CCC and Summer.
If I remember correctly we only have two weeks from tomorrow for it to hit our server.
Not at all. It'll require about 6 days' worth of AP to clear Babylonia and there's going to be a gap of 2 weeks between Babylonia and the final chapter.
Ah ok that's not too bad. It usually takes me a couple of weeks playing an hour a day. I'll use apples on the last few days if it comes to that.

Fishious

Oct 27, 2017
After 22 boxes I've finally gotten 3 HNS drops so I can MLB one without losing any drops on my current setup. Took longer than I'd hoped, but hopefully this will speed things up, if even just a little bit.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone needs an MLB CE Waver to farm socks I finally have a spot open.

Lemme know in here if you sent me one so I can sort you out from the hordes of randos.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Hit 40 boxes emptied today with 16,000 socks still to be claimed so I've hit 60 boxes. A new record for me. Have got 13 CE drops so far. Been clearing boxes and using bronze apples from those to keep the grind going.

Gave one last shot for NP2 Ishtar and it just wasn't in the cards sadly. Man I love lottery box events but I know once I max like 2 servants' skills I'm gonna be back to being broke.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've got 31k socks and 13 boxes cleared, aiming for 4k more today.

All I've got is a teleconference meeting tomorrow so I actually should be able to get some decent grind in, hoping for 20k more before the event ends while watching netflix. I wont hit near my original goal of around 100 but I never thought it would be so gated or the final node would be so badly timed.

Status
Not open for further replies.