• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Phew took a bit longer than i should have but got the main story out, thank god the next part of the story is coming this month.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone use Era on mobile? If so where is the notifications alerts now? There used to be a bell in the top right but that seems to be gone.
Y'all roll on everything. Wonder how many pages of Merlins there's gonna be in 2 weeks despite that, lol.
You say this every banner...let us live man.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't want anyone in this banner, and i will obviously throw everything i can as a f2p for a chance to get merlin to "win" the game for at least a full year, till the meta shifts.

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Does anyone use Era on mobile? If so where is the notifications alerts now? There used to be a bell in the top right but that seems to be gone.

You say this every banner...let us live man.

For the alerts you have to click the menu at the top left and the bell for alerts is at the top right of that menu.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I like Quetz but I'm not really feeling her Christmas design. Do we know what class she is?
For the alerts you have to click the menu at the top left and the bell for alerts is at the top right of that menu.
Ah thanks! Completely missed that top bar in the menu.

Oct 27, 2017
Done with Babylonia .......... what a trip, best singularity for sure, and Quetz managed to be even better than I expected, can wait for her banner

captainpat

Nov 15, 2017
wow, people are cruising through Babylonia. I'm taking my time. I just beat jaguar men and so far it's all been pretty easy.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Finished Babalonia! So, so, so, so much better than a VN gatcha RPG has any right to be. Liked all the characters, even if a couple goddesses felt a bit too goofy. Second half did a great job progressively conveying doom and gloom. I only have a few SSR servants but this was the first time I felt like having them helped turned the tide of battle on occasion, but overall the difficulty felt fair. A handful of losses but okay with an adjusted party setup. Also the first time I felt like multiple strong servants in the same class paid off, namely sabers and assassins but all of them at varied times. The new mob type in the final chapters is freaking creepy.

I don't know anything about the next story other than 1) it being the final in this sequence and 2) bond levels mattering, so I'm hoping the dozen or so servants I have at 6-7+ cover up my outright weaknesses. After seeing how cheaty Merlin is I'm willing to throw all my 300ish quartz trying for him.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm on the last section right now (section 20). This singularity is surprising me with how long it is.

Balma

Oct 27, 2017
I used all my Xmas dust on Vlad to get him to 10/10/10.

(feels like a waste and now I have no dust)

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't want anyone in this banner, and i will obviously throw everything i can as a f2p for a chance to get merlin to "win" the game for at least a full year, till the meta shifts.
He'll still be good after the meta shifts, he still provides healing and passive crit stars via his NP and Buster Up, which are all invaluable. Unless you're talking about Skadi, which Skadi doesn't replace Merlin either, she has a completely different utility since she's a quick support.

As I understood it the meta shift was as the game starts to get challenge quests with multiple enemies and one or more having break bars you just shift towards people with AOE NPs to whittle them down because you can't just throw everything at them during turn 1 and outright kill them or do most of their health before they NP anymore.

Last edited:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I knew that sympathizing with Ereshkigal would make her fight tougher, but I did it anyways because she deserved it.

I didn't expect for her skill seal to kick in on the first turn. Even using the plugsuit to stun her didn't stop it later on in the fight. That made Waver completely useless. I would have needed to bring him in via the plugsuit to have a chance to use his skills. But even then they would have been pointless since I only got the chance to fire a single NP the entire fight. I should have brought a Saber support, instead. They at least would have done some damage to her.

But even though she managed to defeat my front line, my backline ended the fight intact. BASAKA WA DARE NI MO MAKENAI! SEKAI DE ICHIBAN TSUYOI DAKARA!

I picked some Ishtar answers while going through the gates because she deserved some love, too, so once I was finished with the chapter I had to go back through it in Materials and pick all the Ereshkigal answers. Hopefully when next Christmas comes around that will be the version Ereshkigal remembers.

That entire chapter was really fun.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Took 1.5 million Friend Point, but everyone favorite avenger, Angry Matthew has finally come home.
wo4YP0N.jpg

Now, to level and grail him.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to say.

King Hassan appearing from on top of the ropes was one of the hypest moments of the year.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Ishtar was way better than the memes portray her as. I liked her a lot this singularity

I just want to say.

King Hassan appearing from on top of the ropes was one of the hypest moments of the year.
Yeah, it made good use of the previous singularity hyping him up. It felt like a big deal that he came to help.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Used up a couple apples to clear the main quests. I found Babylonia a lot easier than Camelot, but that had a lot to do with:
- the servants I had at the time vs now. Back then I barely had any decent archers for all the difference saber enemies and my Euryale/Robin Hood weren't fully leveled.
- 2 of the servants on my bond farming team (Scathach and Martha Ruler) just happened to have level 10 anti divine skills
- I have a waver this time, so I can do double waver cheese if need be, which I only used for the Bel Lahmu fights to speed them along

I wasn't enjoying the first half of the story, but things really improved in the 2nd half and the last 2 chapters are incredibly hype.
Ishtar is great, Eresh is better, Ana is adorable, and I enjoyed CasGil scenes despite me generally disliking Gil. King Hassan's entrance was my favorite part. Using his third skill with Nitocris' NP worked better than I expected.

Also I was surprised that I've never been spoiled on Tiamat's design before.
Great singularity. The wait for Ereshkigal's banner is gonna suck.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Ishtar was way better than the memes portray her as. I liked her a lot this singularity

Yeah, it made good use of the previous singularity hyping him up. It felt like a big deal that he came to help.

Pretty good way to make people spend on his banner too lol.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, my brain and my heart is now having a match on whether i should grail ascend Kojiro and Angra.
On one hand, this would pretty much be a waste of grails.
On the other hand, they are litterally the only other two other than Emiya and Cu i ever wanted to ascend before i began playing, and man having gold/black grail borders on them would be kickass. (Ryoma has been added to that list since then, but we're two years away from getting him anyway.)
Edit :
To add some info, the reasoning behind grailing them does not come from memes, but simply that i loved both of them in FSN and FHA, and Angra design is the closest to a Shirou servant we have.

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Ah speaking of grails, I was meant to post this at the end of the Christmas event but I forgot.

She's finally complete.
QRaMQhG.jpg

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Well, my brain and my heart is now having a match on whether i should grail ascend Kojiro and Angra.
On one hand, this would pretty much be a waste of grails.
On the other hand, they are litterally the only other two other than Emiya and Cu i ever wanted to ascend before i began playing, and man having gold/black grail borders on them would be kickass. (Ryoma has been added to that list since then, but we're two years away from getting him anyway.)
Edit :
To add some info, the reasoning behind grailing them does not come from memes, but simply that i loved both of them in FSN and FHA, and Angra design is the closest to a Shirou servant we have.

I grailed Crusader Liz to 90 so I'll always say grail for love.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I really hate Archers with their 3 turn NPs. I'm looking forward to dropping an instant team invincibility soon (thanks to all of you doing Merlin pulls lol). I realised today that NP charge times need to be factored in when building my teams. Teams going up against Riders and Caster can be more aggressive as they usually have longer charge times (5 turns), while teams against Assassins and Archers probably need to be more defensive due to the shorter charge times. My Kiyo lance just got wiped because of 2 NP activations from non servants. She did take quite a few attacks beforehand though. Thankfully had brother Cu in the back to take care of things.

Speaking of Cu, I really feel like prototype is quite underrated as an F2P lancer. His quick cards do suck but he does have some good offensive skills and 2 buster cards. Having a gather skill is great as it'll guarantee crits 3 turns out of 5.
Really? Seems to be fine for me on both PC and mobile.

Or are you just hating on Nero lol?

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Also just wanna say
I finally understood why they introduced breakbars into the game.

Hero creation EX with a crit servant like ishtar was R I D I C U L O U S

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Just note that when I've finished the story I will be coming back to all these posts you guys have been making and will most likely respond to half of them lol.

Gotta say I'm loving this version of Gilgamesh in the story so far (I'm only on Section 4 though). The temptation to pull is very real. Not really sure where I could get use out of him though (over someone I already have that is). I have seen the crazy arts teams with double Gil and stuff but those kind of teams don't really interest me.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Stopping at chapter 20 for not, because dear god this singularity is long. It's the best one so far though, which I didn't think would happen after Camelot being so good.

The anime is going to have to be at least 2 cours to show everything.

Really? Seems to be fine for me on both PC and mobile.

Or are you just hating on Nero lol?

I don't see anything either, just a blank space.

pqujhmP.png

What image hosting site are you using? I think this site is having issues with imgur.

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Stopping at chapter 20 for not, because dear god this singularity is long. It's the best one so far though, which I didn't think would happen after Camelot being so good.

The anime is going to have to be at least 2 cours to show everything.

I don't see anything either, just a blank space.

pqujhmP.png

What image hosting site are you using? I think this site is having issues with imgur.
O wow that is super weird. I checked it on 3 different devices to make sure as well. Yeah I'm using Imgur, that's always been my go to since the GAF days. I've tried relinking the pic, dunno if that changed anything. Otherwise I'll just leave it, it was just me getting Nero Bride to lv.100. Have to use a different image site going forward I guess.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
O wow that is super weird. I checked it on 3 different devices to make sure as well. Yeah I'm using Imgur, that's always been my go to since the GAF days. I've tried relinking the pic, dunno if that changed anything. Otherwise I'll just leave it, it was just me getting Nero Bride to lv.100. Have to use a different image site going forward I guess.

If you are linking it as HTTPS get rid of the "S." That's a known issue this site has had with Imgur

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'll confess that the first part of Chapter 9 is the only story fight I've ever lost in the game. I saw the ? class and took Zerktoki and Zerkalot frontline and backline was low levels with pre 5 bonds. CBA to use command seals so it didn't end up all that well.

But man, I didn't mind because the
Gorgon boss Music
is so fucking good.

Last edited:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Freakin' clone summoning fight... I hadn't known Ushi would summon a new clone when you took one out, so the party I brought in (full of ST NPs) didn't stand a chance, even if I'd used my command seals. Second time around I brought my best self-charging AoE NPs (Ishtar, Drake, Janta) and supports (2x Waver, Mash). Janta, Mash, and one of the Wavers worked to soften up the Ushis a bit before the rest of the team came out. My game "crashed" a couple times while I was setting up the Waver-Ishtar-Drake NP chain, but in the end it was enough to take out all three of the enemies at once. Even with all the buff-stacking going on (Waver, plugsuit, Ishtar, and Drake), I'm not sure that Drake's NP would have been enough to take out the last one if she wasn't NP2, so maybe I need to stop feeling sour about how that pull went.

No, wait, nevermind, I don't. The strongest Ushi had ~35k HP left after Ishtar's NP and Drake at NP1 does ~20k damage to a neutral enemy, but Waver and the plugsuit each add 30%, Ishtar adds 20%, Drake's skill at the level I have it at adds 11.1% to each atk and NP damage, and she had drunk Jalter equipped for another 15% NP strength. Since same-type buffs add and different-type buffs multiply, that's a 91.1% atk buff and a 26.1% NP buff, coming out to (if I'm doing this right) a total damage buff of just over 240%. Drake would've wiped the floor with Ushi even at NP1. Oh well.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
Freakin' clone summoning fight... I hadn't known Ushi would summon a new clone when you took one out, so the party I brought in (full of ST NPs) didn't stand a chance, even if I'd used my command seals. Second time around I brought my best self-charging AoE NPs (Ishtar, Drake, Janta) and supports (2x Waver, Mash). Janta, Mash, and one of the Wavers worked to soften up the Ushis a bit before the rest of the team came out. My game "crashed" a couple times while I was setting up the Waver-Ishtar-Drake NP chain, but in the end it was enough to take out all three of the enemies at once. Even with all the buff-stacking going on (Waver, plugsuit, Ishtar, and Drake), I'm not sure that Drake's NP would have been enough to take out the last one if she wasn't NP2, so maybe I need to stop feeling sour about how that pull went.

No, wait, nevermind, I don't. The strongest Ushi had ~35k HP left after Ishtar's NP and Drake at NP1 does ~20k damage to a neutral enemy, but Waver and the plugsuit each add 30%, Ishtar adds 20%, Drake's skill at the level I have it at adds 11.1% to each atk and NP damage, and she had drunk Jalter equipped for another 15% NP strength. Since same-type buffs add and different-type buffs multiply, that's a 91.1% atk buff and a 26.1% NP buff, coming out to (if I'm doing this right) a total damage buff of just over 240%. Drake would've wiped the floor with Ushi even at NP1. Oh well.
I don't think they actually clone themselves infinitely. It's not like the Nerofest fight where you need to kill them all at the same time.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Merlin is so good, it's almost unfair every time they hand him to you.

And saying that will probably screw me over for the eventual gacha roll.

Oct 25, 2017
Done with the Singularity. Chapter 15 onwards is an amazing fucking ride, I hope the anime does this justice.

King Hassan's entrance was so fucking hype. I knew it was coming, I'd experienced it before, and yet I still lost my shit when it happened. All in all I'm so happy they localised the game because playing through the battles and reading fan translations afterwards just doesn't compare to digesting it all while playing through it. The fights have more weight to them on NA, or at least they do for me. Can't wait for what's coming next.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
So theories on when the Merlin summon will drop? Christmas week?
In JP he dropped a week and a day after the second Babylonia banner, which was itself a week after the first Babylonia banner (which both dropped on Wednesdays, just like our Babylonia 1 banner did). That put him on Dec. 22, a Thursday. We're currently two days ahead of where JP was, calendar-wise, at the same point, which would put his arrival on Dec. 20th (another Thursday) if nothing changes.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finished. Can't wait to see this animated.

Best "world is coming to an end" scenario I've seen shown through a VN. You actually felt the despair as everything kept failing.

And damn you game, I see your dirty schemes.

I totally want to pull for First Hassan, Quetz, and Ereshkigal now.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Babylonia clear! Now it's time for me to be banished to Hyde Park for... *Checks needed pages.* A long, long time. But before that, a few more thoughts on Babylonia.

HOLY HELL! I knew Gramps showed up in the chapter, but I didn't know we got to use him! That was one of the rare times when my reaction and Guda's reaction lined up perfectly.

I had been considering solo'ing the final fights with Tiamat using Spartacus, since I knew it could be done and I've raised mine quite a bit, but when I finally got there I couldn't bring myself to do it. After everything she had done for us during the singularity, Ishtar deserved to be part of the fight, and so did the story supports (Spartacus still got to participate).

Speaking of Ishtar: the bullying and the "useless goddess" memes are way overblown. I think she was one of the most useful allies we've had. The only part where she messed up was losing the Bull of Heaven, but that wasn't even FGO Ishtar's fault. Ishtar is spoiled and she isn't always polite, but she's a good goddess.

And Ishtar is apparently completely open to a three-way between herself, Guda, and Ereshkigal, so there's that, too.

Moving on, I get that Fou hates Merlin, but attacking him during the fight with Tiamat?!?!?! What the hell, Fou?! Not having Merlin's constant healing made that fight so much harder. I had to use a command seal to restore Ishtar's HP and keep her from being knocked out on the last turn (because as a survivor of the singularity, it was fitting for her to survive the battle)!

It's going to be interesting to see how the anime adapts Jaguar Warrior. I thought she'd just be a silly character (and she was silly), but she was also really badass and most surprisingly, useful. I knew she was the singularity Servant, so I thought she might survive, but I never thought she'd manage to save Quetz.

Speaking of Quetz: anyone who didn't pick "SKY HIGH RIDER-BUSTER JUSTICE BOMB" is playing the game wrong. And the anime had better go that route as well, or else no matter what other virtues it may have it will be garbage.

The singularity did it's job and made me want to roll for a bunch of the featured Servants, but fortunately for me none of them (except Ana) are on rate-up yet, so there's still time for my will to clamp down on those urges (and Ana isn't enough to break my will). It's going to be much harder for me to resist rolling for Quetz, Gorgon, and King Hassan now (well, maybe not Gramps, since I'm unlikely to have any rolls left for him anyways).

Also, I want Kingu as a Servant. Kingu would be an interesting Servant to have.

Last edited:

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Some of these enemy class tendencies for Babylonia quests are practically a flip of the coin if your party is a good match for the enemy layout. Rider-Assassin could mean a couple waves of Assassins followed by a strong Rider enemy, or it could mean two strong Assassin enemies first, or it could mean two waves of weak Rider enemies with the third wave having two of those plus a strong Assassin. Makes what should be over in just a handful of turns into a protracted struggle if you guessed wrong for who should go in the frontline or if you need ST or AOE servants.

Semblance

Oct 26, 2017
California
Finished. Was a genuinely great read and I took to most of the personalities in it. This is a step up from Camelot in a lot of ways. Had some extra thoughts.

Really don't see the point of Ushi and Benkei. They felt so shoehorned in. Cutting them out entirely wouldn't have hurt at all. Would have also trimmed down some of the latter Lahmu fights, which got tedious quickly. And speaking of that, I don't know if I'd say Camelot's gimmick fights were necessarily better, but at least they were more interesting than another 'just slog it out' battle that Babylonia kept dishing out.

Indifferent to Hassan's appearance. There's an awful lot going on towards the end as is and he shows up for one battle and then that's that. Aight. Cool NP though.

Realized in the middle of fighting that Lahmu that wasn't doing anything who it was. :[ Kind of cold that Siduri wasn't mentioned again whatsoever, not by anyone. Unless she was brought up during a text choice option that I didn't go with or something.

All the Ishtar bullying was hilarious. I don't even dislike her or Rin, but you know. I can't not enjoy her being pushed around.

Cu Alter, Saber Lancelot, Ruler Martha, and Cleo were my go to servants for a lot of this, though I tried to mix it up and also use servants I don't pick often. Came around on Touta and Kiritsugu and I'll level their skills up some more now, I think.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
For anyone that finish babylon start to farm Bond Point for your vest servants as you will need those bond levels for the bonus on the next Stage

Status
Not open for further replies.