• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not sure how any of that qualifies as "F2P" strategies.
Didn't say they were..."the more F2P options" is what I wrote, in other words they're more accessible than the NP5 Bond 10 Kintoki he posted in his initial guide. Being F2P and having an NP5 Lu Bu, Waver, Martha, and Black Grail is definitely not a stretch.

Besides these are for one shots. There are plenty of way to kill them in 2+ turns as an F2P player. And this is just a guideline. The idea is you're supposed to take it and rework it to what you have.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Didn't say they were..."the more F2P options" is what I wrote, in other words they're more accessible than the NP5 Bond 10 Kintoki he posted in his initial guide. Being F2P and having an NP5 Lu Bu, Waver, Martha, and Black Grail is definitely not a stretch.

Besides these are for one shots. There are plenty of way to kill them in 2+ turns as an F2P player. And this is just a guideline. The idea is you're supposed to take it and rework it to what you have.

Its the lvl 100 (aka MLB & leveled) BG that disqualifies it as F2P Friendly.

I mean having max-bond Herc is possible since everyone was raving about that at the start of NA FGO, and Nerofest showed how awesome Martha is. But lvl 100 CEs are pretty rare, unless you are drowning in CEs from rolling too much. I tossed pretty much all my CE XP into Sumo, and only got it to 87.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is interested in raid one shots touhousniper linked a sheet that goes over the more F2P options. They do need quite a bit of support though.

c5bb46219419f58e4c682f90bb088e7c.png
What does the A, M and N column refer to?

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017

If the chart actually explained what you're supposed to do for the battle strategy, that would make it easier to plan around my personal lineup.

qon

Oct 25, 2017
If the chart actually explained what you're supposed to do for the battle strategy, that would make it easier to plan around my personal lineup.

cleanse debuffs, hit martha's defense debuff if needed, buff and charge up attacker and NP

Ah alright, where does it indicate the NP level and overall level required?

My NP2 grailed to 90 ibaraki is ready.

i feel like it assumes np5. you could enter your stuff into the calculator yourself and see the numbers.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
mlb black grail or bond 9+ lu bu..........sure.........
Its the lvl 100 (aka MLB & leveled) BG that disqualifies it as F2P Friendly.

I mean having max-bond Herc is possible since everyone was raving about that at the start of NA FGO, and Nerofest showed how awesome Martha is. But lvl 100 CEs are pretty rare, unless you are drowning in CEs from rolling too much. I tossed pretty much all my CE XP into Sumo, and only got it to 87.
There are a number of options with LV 1 BG, I wasn't highlighting any particular strategy, just that a number of the options here are possible to have as a F2P player. As I've already said this is a guide for you to build your own strategies based on what you have. And for some reason people seem to forget that there is no requirement for you to one shot these enemies. Do it on 2+ turns if you have to.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
There are a number of options with LV 1 BG, I wasn't highlighting any particular strategy, just that a number of the options here are possible to have as a F2P player. As I've already said this is a guide for you to build your own strategies based on what you have. And for some reason people seem to forget that there is no requirement for you to one shot these enemies. Do it on 2+ turns if you have to.

Yeah, its definitely an interesting take on farming efficiency and strategies. I'm amazed it can even be done (killing the boss in one turn). I just think he vastly over-estimates the resources available to F2P players, unless you are one of the lucky ones who gets a 5* every 2 10 rolls, or only roll/re-roll for power picks (or they are luckily at the top of the 'love' list, I know Jalter is a favourite of many).

I definitely wish Illya had come home so I can use her against the Assassin node. As it is, I'm probably going to run stall with either Nursery Rhyme or Medea to do the damage.

On another note, I kind of want DW to NOT release Merlin in NA, and see what happens to teamcomps over the next year. Also, we could fail the raid and have Zelretch use the 2nd Magic to take us to where JP is currently.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Part of the difficulty will be hoping that everyone with a Waver actually puts a useful CE on him instead of just leaving Chaldea Lunchtime equipped 24/7 outside of events.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
People's Waver or Merlin should be equipped with MLB Mona Lisa since the Pillars have good QP drops. I know mine will be on there.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Not having a Mona Lisa at all, I suppose when the time comes I should equip my Waver with an Ox King or Golden Catches the Carp or something like that. Something that will boost the allies.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll have my Nightingale in the zerker slot with Ox king on the day. She doesn't have an attack buff like Merlin, but her targetable buster buff is just as strong as his.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, its definitely an interesting take on farming efficiency and strategies. I'm amazed it can even be done (killing the boss in one turn). I just think he vastly over-estimates the resources available to F2P players, unless you are one of the lucky ones who gets a 5* every 2 10 rolls, or only roll/re-roll for power picks (or they are luckily at the top of the 'love' list, I know Jalter is a favourite of many).

I definitely wish Illya had come home so I can use her against the Assassin node. As it is, I'm probably going to run stall with either Nursery Rhyme or Medea to do the damage.

On another note, I kind of want DW to NOT release Merlin in NA, and see what happens to teamcomps over the next year. Also, we could fail the raid and have Zelretch use the 2nd Magic to take us to where JP is currently.
Yeah you're right. It's my fault really, I shouldn't have used the term more f2p options as it misconstrued what I was trying to say. I think in the video he says they're less "whaley" setups than his original video which was full whale mode.

There are some genuine F2P builds available for the non Assassin nodes so if anyone wants to farm those and one shot Chloe Kintoki Rider and Shiki are your best friends if you have them at a high enough bond level. Tbh the real gatekeeper of this event is bond level.

In regards to Merlin, I was thinking about this the other day. Even though he is a completely overpowered servant I feel like he is somewhat important for the game. Right now buster crit is quite strong, but when it comes to serious content arts is fundamentally better imo. Merlin gives them way more viability. I wish they had toned him down just a tad though (hero creation mainly).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've been going over a bunch of team compositions for the Solomon nodes. Since I don't have a handful of the important characters at Bond 10, I'm going to see if I can just Jalter NP2 (max bond) them all, assuming I can get a Merlin and run two of him. Jalter (Imaginary Element, no Kaliedoscope :/) + Merlin (Carp) x2 + Martha (Ox King) for cleanse. Might work, assuming I can get a crit with Jalter and don't get hit with not a single card for her.

But again...this is only if I get Merlin. I have a little over 1k SQ to roll for him, so if I fail (it's a possibility, I've seen some horrible streaks of luck with gacha pull videos) I'm not so sure I'll be in the state-of-mind to even farm the event. I'll probably just go straight to bed and cry into my pillow.

Edit:

If I don't need Martha on certain nodes, I could replace her with Waver. That way I could run a stronger CE on Jalter (HNS?).

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna put in my eli with sadistic charisma but only to skill level 7 because I am skill gated by... Pages.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
So I just got to the part of the story where things got crazy (i.e the end of section 15). I was wondering why you guys kept saying "what a ride" when everything had been very straight forward up until that point. It seems this is where shit is about to go down.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So I just got to the part of the story where things got crazy (i.e the end of section 15). I was wondering why you guys kept saying "what a ride" when everything had been very straight forward up until that point. It seems this is where shit is about to go down.
Buckle in, friend.

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody intent on rolling for King Hassan next month...I hope you're farming hard for those poison needles. :(

NKzGD94.png

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Finish Babylonia, and while a great story I think the difficulty was toned down compare to Camelot. For the most part I used brute force to get through everything, with only two fights I needed to reset more than two times. The last node was a cakewalk with the amount of healing I git each turn.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is getting nuts lol. I like that
most of the enemies are lancer because it means Nero Bride cleans this up so easily with her NP spam.
I've been messing out with a crit focused build and her NP gain is so good.

The one gripe I have with this over Camelot is for me Camelot was full on from the beginning. While this has been enjoyable it's only really ramping up now this late into the singularity.
The map music on that bit is 🔥
YES! I was on my laptop while in the map and was "wtf is the music always this epic" haha. Will need to find the track on youtube.

Alexiell

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
She drops during New Years
In page gridding hell
Might be better to get musashi first since she is limited. If you were planning on buying a starter account
Could buy a mushashi account and then roll the rider gssr for a 25(¿) chance at quetz if you really want both.
Yea, I think I am going to wait for Musashi to drop and get an account with her instead. Besides in 2 years I am guaranteed a colony drop Quetz.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
I didn't check the comments myself, but probably best to avoid them just to be safe.

Sooo good. :)
Anyone knows the name of the FGO OST to get for that one and others, provided it's even available?

EDIT:

But again...this is only if I get Merlin. I have a little over 1k SQ to roll for him, so if I fail (it's a possibility, I've seen some horrible streaks of luck with gacha pull videos) I'm not so sure I'll be in the state-of-mind to even farm the event. I'll probably just go straight to bed and cry into my pillow.
That's why I might try to farm the hearts/babies boss before the Merlin gacha. Or at least before using the extra SQ that I have ready (and will need anyways considering my past luck).

Last edited:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Just got the last page I needed to max out Waver. But I'm short on feathers and Merlin could really use those pages, so I'll hold off for now.

I wonder how many bones I'll end up with by the time I'm finished farming Hyde Park. It feels like there's way more than a 5% difference in their drop rates. Not complaining about getting bones, though. They're a nice bonus.

At least the Moon Goddess rerun will have hearts, plumes, and pages in its shop. It won't be enough hearts or pages, but it has a node that can drop hearts (and gives a few for clearing the node).

And of course the enough/not enough math could change based on Solomon, but I don't want to count on that.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
What team comps do you guys use to take out riders? I used to use Shiki arts but recently the riders have been criting so hard that I want to veer away from using caster supports. And the problem I have with 3 assassins is quick cards do garbage damage.
I didn't check the comments myself, but probably best to avoid them just to be safe.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
That's why I might try to farm the hearts/babies boss before the Merlin gacha. Or at least before using the extra SQ that I have ready (and will need anyways considering my past luck).
I'd do this, but I need my own Merlin for my planned farming team, so I need to pull before anything else. :(

What team comps do you guys use to take out riders? I used to use Shiki arts but recently the riders have been criting so hard that I want to veer away from using caster supports. And the problem I have with 3 assassins is quick cards do garbage damage.
I'm boring and just Raikou everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.