• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquila

Oct 27, 2017
Worth it to burn a possible np2 Beowulf in order to unlock the Mona Lisa ce in the rp shop? Or do I need 5 rare prisms to unlock 5 buyable Mona Lisa's?

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Yea, that's gonna be a bitch.

5K prisms will take an entire year to amass.

What's worse is that I wanted to spend some MP to buy extra CE storage space.

Only got 1.9K MP right now.

T_T

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I like how some of these videos tend to ignore the absurd NP levels of these characters. I can't think of anyone who will actually have a NP5 Dantes.
I wouldn't blame the video when they are showcasing the best farming methods. Blame the community who hype this stuff up while ignoring the cost of it.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Now that I looked closer that video has NP5 Dantes, NP5 skadi, NP5 Ibaraki lancer and NP5 Ushiwakamaru assassin, but a freaking NP1 welfare jalter berserker... why?

Icarian

May 9, 2018
I burned Fionn to unlock Mona Lisa, totally worth it, I had a stupidly high amount of Mana prisms and I'm still left with 1.6k of 'em after buying five copies.

Many of these showcasing videos are from super whales showing off their farming method, but still, I think a NP2 Berserkalot and double Skadi is perfectly doable for many players if they save SQ and get lucky, and would perform somewhat close to that.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Now that I looked closer that video has NP5 Dantes, NP5 skadi, NP5 Ibaraki lancer and NP5 Ushiwakamaru assassin, but a freaking NP1 welfare jalter berserker... why?

The summer event this year sucked. You had to grind super hard just to finish the story and unlock her first form then you had raids to unlock the other 4.

The raids were like the Illya ones where they were local.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
well that kinda explains it I suppose, weren't they getting better at that stuff after the first year events though?

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
The thing about those videos though is that the damage is such an overkill that you can clearly make do with np1.

Also lol at NP5 supports ask if that matters. Skadi didn't even get to use her np.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
The thing about those videos though is that the damage is such an overkill that you can clearly make do with np1.

Also lol at NP5 supports ask if that matters. Skadi didn't even get to use her np.
Actually the overkill is often needed in order to get the 50% np refill. It's still possible at like NP2 but it's not as reliable and more work.

Alexiell

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
w27Xhwx.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YES

(the martha spook caused me to look away from my phone, didn't even know I got him for a good 5 minutes.)

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Actually the overkill is often needed in order to get the 50% np refill. It's still possible at like NP2 but it's not as reliable and more work.

Hmmm, fair enough, but NP1 should honestly still work pretty well.

Also there is an absolutely brutal roll video on YouTube for king Hassan. A good reminder to always set limits.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Full ap bar.

Didn't get any mat drops other than dusts.

Demon only appeared in one of my runs but it dropped a gold caster gem instead of his heart.

I almost forgot how much I hated farming on training grounds.

I need the gold caster gems, but still....

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
There are a couple of ways to get the overcharge aka 200-500% effect

1. More np level.

2. Demonic bodhisattva ce, which overcharges 2 stages once.

3. Have Thomas Edison, who has that as a skill.

4. Chain NPs.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nonono, one Np5 gramps, and another mini gramps to keep him company, like in the gramps comics, just to be sure.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For those playing the Jp version :
After C.C.C event, do we ever meet another Beast class enemy?
Currently grinding bond points for Angra C.E to be able to use it even once, and i'm wondering if that event final boss is the last time we see any type of enemy with that class.

Aquila

Oct 27, 2017
1 rare prism to unlock all 5.

The thing is you still need 1000 mana prisms per Mona Lisa.
Thanks for the info. I'll probably shove the spare Beowulf into my second archive for the time being in case he gets a bonkers update in JP. I have 2k mana prisms already and just clearing dailies and events stocks my reserves pretty high even after buying out the monthly shop.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Open question: what team setup does everyone use for running the Treasure Quest/doors dailies?

edit: guess I'll mention my own -- Alexander and Medusa both with Kaleidoscopes, then any support with Mona Lisa (usually a Drake, if only for her stargen skill) and the outfit with the 20% NP charge. Obviously not the most effective since I need to clear wave 1 with normal attacks, but it's nice to let otherwise underused characters get some bond points. Since I also have a maxed Imaginary Element, once Astolfo gets his self-charge skill he'll take the support spot in the front row and then I can just triple NP it.

Last edited:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Open question: what team setup does everyone use for running the Treasure Quest/doors dailies?
Mordred (Rider) + starting NP CE (amount needed depends on her third skill's level), Nero Bride, Tamamo-no-Mae. Mystic code is the one with 20% NP boost. Use all buffs on Mordred and charge her NP if necessary. Surf's up for three turns.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Arash - kscope
Spartacus - imaginary element
Friend drake with MLB Mona Lisa
Waver

My waver is max bond so I'll probably use the Helena I got yesterday + mage association and hope to get an arts card with drake before wave 3.

Armtiage

Oct 27, 2017

Door farming team:
Drake (Imaginary Element), Santa Rider (Kscope), Medusa (Kscope), Mage Uniform. Leaves enough cost for a 5* and 4* with Mona and FP CE in backrow.

Alternately, my ember farming team works when I forget to switch:
Fran (Kscope), Helena (FP), Arash (MLB Imaginary Element), Support beserker (Kscope), uniform doesn't matter. Leaves enough cost for two 5* with Bond and mystic code CE in backrow.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
JRod's picture got me thinking: how many/what do you guys use your party slots for?

I use the first 7 for my default parties of each of the 7 main classes. I have different setups for each depending on who my main DPS is. Obviously it's a little inflexible but I only really have one or two legitimate ST servants of each class so it's easier than having to set them up over and over for each mission.

Party 8 is my aoe class. Parties 9 and 10 are what I have as my "free" classes, so they're mainly for events or if I want to try something out.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I've only really made dedicated teams for my farming teams.

The "press self NP and press NP" team comp.
HIyjisE.jpg

The "For bulky bosses at the end" farm nodes. This one is currently the octuplet farming set.
DA08RT2.jpg

The dedicated Surfmo comp.
o6ujxst.jpg

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I've only really made dedicated teams for my farming teams.

The "press self NP and press NP" team comp.
HIyjisE.jpg

The "For bulky bosses at the end" farm nodes. This one is currently the octuplet farming set.
DA08RT2.jpg

The dedicated Surfmo comp.
o6ujxst.jpg
Farmbois - team is all woman lol.

I was going to mention this earlier but I didn't think you had nero bride. Wouldn't it be better to have her on the front line as the NP gain buff would be greater than double arts buff? Or do you swap her in?

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
I've always been terrible at team composition, and because I was so focused on grinding bond levels for Solomon, I pretty much just used whatever 5* Servants aren't currently maxed with only a modicum of thought about how they work together and how well they work against whatever I'm facing. This is probably the reason why I have eight SSRs at max bond. Anyway, I don't the various team builds function, though I've been considering at least building out three basic teams for each card type as well as training daily teams, though that would leave me short of a slot for event specific builds.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Farmbois - team is all woman lol.

I was going to mention this earlier but I didn't think you had nero bride. Wouldn't it be better to have her on the front line as the NP gain buff would be greater than double arts buff? Or do you swap her in?

Yeah I just swap her in depending on what I need. Hyde park needs her. Your regular ember farming or QP farming doesn't need her so it's just less button presses needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.