• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasari

Oct 30, 2017
YOU CAN MOVE SUPPORT FROM THE THIRD POSITION!?

I know. I'm an idiot. A nub. whatever. I never knew this until you posted those pictures... Thought they had to be part of the starting 3...

This changes everything for me...

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Open question: what team setup does everyone use for running the Treasure Quest/doors dailies?

zMgUr9J.png

YOU CAN MOVE SUPPORT FROM THE THIRD POSITION!?

I know. I'm an idiot. A nub. whatever. I never knew this until you posted those pictures... Thought they had to be part of the starting 3...

This changes everything for me...
lol

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Open question: what team setup does everyone use for running the Treasure Quest/doors dailies?

edit: guess I'll mention my own -- Alexander and Medusa both with Kaleidoscopes, then any support with Mona Lisa (usually a Drake, if only for her stargen skill) and the outfit with the 20% NP charge. Obviously not the most effective since I need to clear wave 1 with normal attacks, but it's nice to let otherwise underused characters get some bond points. Since I also have a maxed Imaginary Element, once Astolfo gets his self-charge skill he'll take the support spot in the front row and then I can just triple NP it.

Rider Mordred with Miyu CE (40% NP Charge + NP gain)
Waver
Tamamo

Double Arts buff + Mordred NP Charge buff + Waver 30% NP Charge
Surfx3

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017

edit: guess I'll mention my own -- Alexander and Medusa both with Kaleidoscopes, then any support with Mona Lisa (usually a Drake, if only for her stargen skill) and the outfit with the 20% NP charge. Obviously not the most effective since I need to clear wave 1 with normal attacks, but it's nice to let otherwise underused characters get some bond points. Since I also have a maxed Imaginary Element, once Astolfo gets his self-charge skill he'll take the support spot in the front row and then I can just triple NP it.
Slater + kscope
Tamamo Cat + kscope
Waver
Support Raiko + kscope (because I have like 4 friends with that)

ez

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

Sanzang (np gain buff), Rider Mordred (NP2, dunno if that matters), Tamamo. I can use any support or mystic code. The nice thing is how few button presses it is, and how quickly I can burn through it in the morning just to use my AP. Mordred charge and self buff, Sanzang buff, Tamamo buff, NP x 3 and done.

Nephitamine

Oct 27, 2017

NP3 Nito with kscope + Santa Alter Rider with kscope + Merlin/Waver for NP charge.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just find Nito death rng to be too unreliable to bother with, even with her first skill maxed, and she does like no damage at np1.

Too many 3 turn stinger runs become 4 turn because of it.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
JRod's picture got me thinking: how many/what do you guys use your party slots for?

I use the first 7 for my default parties of each of the 7 main classes. I have different setups for each depending on who my main DPS is. Obviously it's a little inflexible but I only really have one or two legitimate ST servants of each class so it's easier than having to set them up over and over for each mission.

Party 8 is my aoe class. Parties 9 and 10 are what I have as my "free" classes, so they're mainly for events or if I want to try something out.

Spot 1 is event spot 2 is Fang farming, Spot 3 is Feather farming, Spot 4 is Bone farming, Spot 5 is story, Spot 6 is Ember farming, Spot 7 is QP farming, Spot 8 is Bronze event farming, Spot 9 is Silver event farming, and Spot 10 is Gold event farming.

These can change depending on needs though.

Nephitamine

Oct 27, 2017
I just find Nito death rng to be too unreliable to bother with, even with her first skill maxed, and she does like no damage at np1.

Too many 3 turn stinger runs become 4 turn because of it.

Yeah her NP1 damage is terrible. I didn't use her for daily farming until I randomly pulled 2 more copies of her. I still won't use her for nodes with higher HP enemies.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
I usually use Artoria Lancer, Drake, Merlin and support Waver, I wish I had a Kaleidoscope so I could 3 turn easily but it still eludes me.

Since Artoria and Drake both have Damage increasing and high NP Charge skills they usually kill everything with their NP, if there's an Assassin or Saber wave I'll throw them Hero Creation EX and it takes care of it most of the time unless they're high HP monsters, not usually the case when farming.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I use Drake, Santa Alter, and Medusa for doors with them using Imaginary around and Two KScopes respectively. Mage uniform is used to charge Santa Alter.

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
YOU CAN MOVE SUPPORT FROM THE THIRD POSITION!? I know. I'm an idiot. A nub. whatever. I never knew this until you posted those pictures... Thought they had to be part of the starting 3... This changes everything for me...

It took me a while to find out as well. Useful when you know the front line is going to wipe

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
So caster training grounds, 3 full ap bars, 1 heart, 3 pages, 1 snakr eye jewel, 26 gold caster gems.

Like honestly I want to be mad at my pages and heart drops but I need gold caster gems a lot so eh, whatever.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Was a month too late but finally got my favorite boss killer to bond 10.
1sqlwU5.jpg

Now just gotta wait til I have 2 more grails to feed her til she's complete (unless I get the urge to go from NP2 to NP5)

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
JRod's picture got me thinking: how many/what do you guys use your party slots for?
1/2 are all purpose and story mode, while 8/9/10 are for events. The rest are set up mostly for dailies and farming.

Screw renaming them though. That's where I draw the line for "too much work"

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
I got zero hearts from the caster training grounds, that permanent residence in Shinjuku is looking really nice for the rest of the year.

qon

Oct 25, 2017
not just having your team names be named cement, oil, food, water, wood, uisce, etc till the end of time

Oct 25, 2017
Any advice on what CE I should be using for first Hassan? Granted I dont have too many fancy ones but just what I should be focusing on?

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
not just having your team names be named cement, oil, food, water, wood, uisce, etc till the end of time

I still have gold, bronze, silver, petals, and whatever 'magical are hurua' is, think its prisma event. I hope we never get anything as currency heavy as summer again.

Besides that it's hands, doors, free farmers, one stop one shot (all buster berserkers), and pages (actually used for stingers).

Any advice on what CE I should be using for first Hassan? Granted I dont have too many fancy ones but just what I should be focusing on?

The Crit/buster one from the past nerofest seems really good for him since he busters and crits a fair amount, totally clashes with his aesthetic though. Non MLB LZ0 and Victor seem to be decently worse though, maybe I'll give him Black grail and call it a day.

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
1/2 are all purpose and story mode, while 8/9/10 are for events. The rest are set up mostly for dailies and farming.

Screw renaming them though. That's where I draw the line for "too much work"

3280.jpg

Anything that increases his buster attacks is best. Also critical damage.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Buster-up would generally be a good choice for Gramps. As Halation said, Limited/Zero Over and Victor of the Moon are good, but they're rare (5*). Something more accessible would be Verdant Sound of Destruction (4*) or even the Crismon Black Keys (3*, FP gacha only).

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Didn't bother pulling for Musashi and Hassan's first 30 SQ roll gave nothing. Not even Servants, just a CE 4 * dupe lol. Oh well, I used up my luck pulling Merlin off a single ticket for his NP2.

Now to finish up Babylonia and finish ascending all my Servants to Max before Grailing the ones I like the most. I'll post my Support page once I get some stuff done.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
QP will always be the biggest gatekeeper in my eyes.

Assassin training day is good for me. Ran out of gold gems for The Old Man of the Mountain so his skills are stuck at 5/10/6 atm.

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
Good lord you must of have a ton of exp cards! I just barely got him to 30! Started playing last week but still

The game has lottery events (Nerofest, Christmas) where each "box" you earn can have around 30 or so gold exp cards in them, and the amount of boxes you earn is only limited to the amount of time and apples you're willing to spend. The boxes also have lots of mana prisms and 3* exp cards you can sell for mana prisms to buy...more exp cards in the monthly shop.

2018 gave us three unlimited lottery events, but 2019 will only have two, and the next one won't be until August or September.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Good lord you must of have a ton of exp cards! I just barely got him to 30! Started playing last week but still
I don't pull that often and I have a plan of which banners I'm going to commit to pulling on for the next 2 years lol (yeah I'm one of those). Knowing who I'm going for makes it easier to save up XP cards. We also get the opportunity to acquire 50 gold XP cards each month, and we had half ap ember farming recently.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, my main intent in asking about Treasure Quest setups was to see how many people are self-sufficient and just pick any arbitrary support w/Mona Lisa in the backline and how many use a support (still with Mona Lisa) for the actual fighting. Was trying to decide if it was worth keeping the CE on my Rider support or not.

what do you guys use your party slots for?
Only teams I have permanently set aside are one for embers and one for doors. The other eight I just use arbitrarily, not really keeping any other teams always queued up; during events where I'll need to switch between multiple specialized teams (like the Summer event, or the Solomon raids) I'll set those up but once the need is over they'll go back to being used for whatever.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Got my 20 SQ for 400 days. No gramps, but I did get NP2 Helena, which is something I guess. Her interlude in a few months will make her NP ignore defense so its not bad.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017

Drake/Santa Alter/Arash with a reserve Ozy. Scope/MLB IE on Arash and Salter, MLB Dragon's Meridian on Drake. Mage's Association mystic code.

Arash clears wave 1, Ozy comes in and fills NP gauge with additional NP gauge for Salter filled using the mystic code. Drake NP on wave 2, Salter NP on wave 3. 100% consistent clear method that could work with several other Servants replacing Drake and Salter.

hillzagold

Jan 12, 2019

I recently got a 3rd kaleidoscope, but pretty much any three AOE servants with two kaleidoscopes and a support Waver have worked for me. I wish I could still farm with Arash, but he's got max bond points already. I'm using spartacus at the moment in his spot, but he sometimes does 1k less damage than I need for farming doors or training grounds. Child Gilgamesh with his A+ charisma helps spartacus out sometimes. So my current team is Tamamo Cat, Child Gil, and Spartacus. (I got two new servants, Emiya and Caster Gil, who I'd love to try out, but I don't have the materials to get them beyond level 50 yet.)

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I think the worst part about this dead year is the lack of F2P quartz that will be available to us. After the KH banner it's going to be tough for me to amass the 300 pulls worth of resources I want for the summer, even if it's 6 months away.
got 30 Fangs in just the few days since gramps released. I am so glad grinding them is super easy now.
I'm missing something. Why is KH significant in this?

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Gears, Gears, and more Gears- I strangely forgot about my low supply and regret using some of them when ascending servants, especially when I now have Waver to level up.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I think the worst part about this dead year is the lack of F2P quartz that will be available to us. After the KH banner it's going to be tough for me to amass the 300 pulls worth of resources I want for the summer, even if it's 6 months away.
Yeah, that's a problem. I've looked at a few estimated lists of the SQ/tix we can get this year, and it looks like I can get about 80 pulls' worth of SQ before Melt (I didn't bother counting the tickets). That was actually what convinced me not to go after Gramps as hard as I'd been planning. It felt like my reserves built up a lot faster than that during 2018 (at least between Rashomon and Summer and between Summer and Halloween).

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been rolling the FP gacha for the moon goddess CE and to get mana prisms because I still need to unlock 3 mona lisas. Decided to make CE bombs because might as well.

I wanna die.

Also what's the general recommended CEs to level?

hillzagold

Jan 12, 2019

I don't remember which mats are on which day, but I think he means the KH banner brought 1/2 AP training grounds quests.

So I've been rolling the FP gacha for the moon goddess CE and to get mana prisms because I still need to unlock 3 mona lisas. Decided to make CE bombs because might as well.

I wanna die.

Also what's the general recommended CEs to level?

It's pretty bad haha, I've never made anything beyond level 55. The legendary 3 are Kaleidoscope, 2030, and Volumen. But those are very hard to MLB so they'll usually stay at lvl 20. The other nice ones usually give you 50% NP charge, crit damage, or really strong damage boosts, like Sumo Wrestling, Holy Stay Night, or Joint Recital.

Edit: the 5* CE on the Musashi banner would have been perfect for my team, but I didn't manage to MLB it, only got 3 copies.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Because that's when I stopped farming Embers and started farming fangs.

It's just super nice compared to farming Wyvern Island when you would maybe get 2 fangs a day. Like fangs aren't even an issue anymore with how much they drop.

Ripley

Nov 8, 2017
2018 gave us three unlimited lottery events, but 2019 will only have two, and the next one won't be until August or September.

I'm annoyed with myself for missing all the lottery events. I played at launch through to Okeanos before drifting away; came back for Merlin and I'm really enjoying the game this time around, but now there's an towering wall of material grinding ahead and no lotteries until the autumn.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's a problem. I've looked at a few estimated lists of the SQ/tix we can get this year, and it looks like I can get about 80 pulls' worth of SQ before Melt (I didn't bother counting the tickets). That was actually what convinced me not to go after Gramps as hard as I'd been planning. It felt like my reserves built up a lot faster than that during 2018 (at least between Rashomon and Summer and between Summer and Halloween).
Do you still have the links for any of those lists? I would be interested in taking a look.

I'm kind of glad I didn't realise before KH because I would have been hesitant to pull and my pulls were really good. But I have set aside 50 tickets for a small shot at Melt, which may need to be sacrificed if the summer situation is dire.

Status
Not open for further replies.